Unhappy Rank down to level 1 why?

Hi I had a problem It starts like this I was level 78 then I left for 1 hour then when I got back on I turn back to level 1 Plc if you can give me my level back here's my gamertag WICK3D WEREWOLF I still have all my achievements but Im still level 1 plz I need your help thank you

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TBA SavageSnipe

There is nothing anyone can do for you have to have a backup folder to get your rank, medals and ribbons that you lost back sorry. The problem with rank resets is still unable to be fixed so I highly recommend that to make a backup folder when you start playing and getting at higher ranks
    Last edited by HomicideJake.; 05-26-2012 at 09:58 AM.

MSgt. Shooter Person

You got rank reset. You can read more about it here. If you had a backup of your data you maybe ok.

http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...ght=rank+reset
    Anya = Sexiest Female in Gears

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xxSHRPSHOOTERxy

if you had a backup you can save your data, if not, the grind begins again bro

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: PUGDOGZ

If....................... such a big word for having only two letters.If my uncle had breasts he would be my aunt.If someone let us know this was necesary,might not have come to a bunch of "if's".......just saying.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xxSHRPSHOOTERxy

Quote Originally Posted by PugdogsDaddy View Post
    If....................... such a big word for having only two letters.If my uncle had breasts he would be my aunt.If someone let us know this was necesary,might not have come to a bunch of "if's".......just saying.
    lolwut? (10)

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Kuronishen

If....................... such a big word for having only two letters.If my uncle had breasts he would be my aunt.
    Stop making examples and analogies. Please.
    [][] Anthony Carmine///Savage Kantus
    [-.-] Golden Gnasher///Flaming Hammerburst
    ["]["] QM KotH///QM TDM

Gears 2: \\★// 8/12/10, Seriously 2.0: 4/5/10
    Gears 3: \\★// 8/11/13, Seriously 3.0: 8/1/12

MSgt. Shooter Person

Stop suggesting for him to re save his data
    The games close to a year (Maybe 2 not sure, been asleep for a year lol) now. This glitch was found the very moment the first dlc came out. SO Why. WHY IS IT NOT FIXED.
    If you wana play for everything again then I guess its ok but I dont want to go threw a entire 3 months horde just for my level 10 decoy.
    The game has lost its fun with every update.

Prisoner 849
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SweeeterTundra

They do not tell you to have a backup because it corrupts your gamerprofile (at least that's what they say). They are working on a solution and a fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Nothinbadaxe View Post
    The games close to a year (Maybe 2 not sure, been asleep for a year lol) now. This glitch was found the very moment the first dlc came out. SO Why. WHY IS IT NOT FIXED.
    If you wana play for everything again then I guess its ok but I dont want to go threw a entire 3 months horde just for my level 10 decoy.
    It's not that easy. You can't just get rid of a problem by snapping your fingers. They are working on it.
    Claiming you're skilled whilst playing with the Sawed-off is like claiming you're an architect because you're good at building Lego.. (Not the case anymore - after nerfing - but I still like the quote )
    If you need any help on the forums, feel free to check out: http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...m-(dictionary)

Proud member of ~SicaRius
    Please contact me or visit

http://www.sicariusclan.com/home

if you are interested in joining.

I highly doubt they're working on it. They don't look like they're making any progress. The least they could do is try different stuff and actually TRY to fix this kind of stuff.

Marrow Fiend

Fort Qu'Appelle Saskatchewan——Wishing he can play as a Lambent Drone :(
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: LambentHammerB

Quote Originally Posted by thepack2112 View Post
    I highly doubt they're working on it. They don't look like they're making any progress. The least they could do is try different stuff and actually TRY to fix this kind of stuff.
    They are working on it. Have been since launch.
    There's so many ways it's caused and finding all the triggers is next to impossible.
    On top of it - it could require a rewrite of core game files - meaning a TU that could easily be 1gb.
    Even if they DO find the cause - they can't fix them all. For example if a player powers off the console mid-save - it will get corrupted. Nothing a dev can do.

I bet they have tried many things suggested. They probably tried every suggestion someone has said before it was even posted.
    GT: LambentHammerB -- Trololol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6Yjkzmleoc -- Twitter: LambentHammerB
    ||| LYCAN ||| - Commando Dom -- NFI - Savage Grenadier Elite -- Beezy8869 - Adam Fenix -- Genoo - Infected Omen -- Autopsychotic - Golden Lancer -- CallMeHost -- Golden Hammerburst -- Cher - Cole Plushie
    Flak -- MechanicBaird/Savage Kantus/Launch Skin Collection/Beta Tester T-Shirt/Stickers
    PopeAdrian37th
    - Jungle Tai/Aftermath Baird/Neon Armor -- BrainDeadDan - Brisk Skin Pack -- Richardson94 - Lambent Skin -- Parasidian - Young Dom -- GzB - Anya --DraconianBriana - Early Access -- CrypticAshes -- Team Metal

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Clone Recon

i agree. and dude this problem has been going on since gears 2. i was reset 3x in gears 2. they need to fix this.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Kuronishen View Post
    Stop making examples and analogies. Please.
    Would love too.Help these poeple out that got reset and I gladly will.You have a fantastic post up with every thing imagimable about gears on it BUT rank reset.They have been dodging this bullet since 2 and everyone wondering why game is not as popular.THIS is why.Long time players AND newbies bailing because of the frustration and also because not one word or actual helpful piece of advice has ever come from Epic direct.They are doing a waiting game.Almost a year old and same old song and dance.Another year from now,still will be no word and all you will hear is "working on it"............

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Would love too.Help these poeple out that got reset and I gladly will.You have a fantastic post up with every thing imagimable about gears on it BUT rank reset.They have been dodging this bullet since 2 and everyone wondering why game is not as popular.THIS is why.Long time players AND newbies bailing because of the frustration and also because not one word or actual helpful piece of advice has ever come from Epic direct.They are doing a waiting game.Almost a year old and same old song and dance.Another year from now,still will be no word and all you will hear is "working on it"............
    @Tundra for his info thread.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Clone Recon View Post
    i agree. and dude this problem has been going on since gears 2. i was reset 3x in gears 2. they need to fix this.
    See!
    Other game company's had this problem before halo 2 had it for a good month
    halo 3 only a week
    MW3
    it was spotted with in a day and taken care of (Levels 4's were being reset so its sorta was nothing to worry about)
    Many other games have had this problem.
    They just aren't gonna fix it because its gonna cost money.
    and for those saying you can't get it back they can give it back
    They had a online stat checker if I assume correctly and even if they did'nt they could check you server history.
    THEY CAN RE UPLOAD THAT DATA BUT CHOOSE NOT TO
    Bungie did it
    Activations did it
    A second rate company known as Uber Entertainment has done it
    Epic has no reason and I repeat no reason not to do it besides the fact it cost money.
    Epic just doesn't care
    much like bungie just forgot their fans when they left reach saying "Are fans loved it" when almost the entire fan base was screaming.

MSgt. Shooter Person

this is scratchworthy

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Clone Recon

See!
    halo 3 only a week
    MW3
    it was spotted with in a day and taken care of (Levels 4's were being reset so its sorta was nothing to worry about)
    They had a online stat checker if I assume correctly and even if they did'nt they could check you server history.
    Bungie did it
    Activations did it
    Epic has no reason and I repeat no reason not to do it besides the fact it cost money.
    Epic just doesn't care
    much like bungie just forgot their fans when they left reach saying "Are fans loved it" when almost the entire fan base was screaming.
    i couldnt have said it any better dude.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: XxT0rqu3 Vt3cxX

I never was Reset in GOW 2 and I played a lot. I have never had this problem with any game that I have ever played on XBOX, PS3, Or the WII. GOW 3 Is the first game that HAS ever done this to me and to hear that other companies have had this problem and fixed it in a short amount of time makes you wonder why EPIC hasn't fixed it yet???? I have loved this series since GOW 1 at christmas when I opend it up and starting playing. All I know is that EPIC is going to loose a lot of followers if this doesn't get fixed. I remember when I first started playing GOW 3 There where over a hundred thousand people playing at any given time, look at it now you are lucky to see maybe 15000 playing at any given time!!!!!
    Get your Warzoner number here!
    WARZONER 134

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MRIIBOJANGLES

See!
    halo 3 only a week
    MW3
    Bungie did it
    Activations did it
    Epic just doesn't care
    I hate when people say 'Epic dont care' yet they actually do a lot. Like nerf the SO when everyone cried about it on here, brought back Guardian because everyone on here asked for it. Made a playlist WITHOUT SO as a starting weapon because everyone asked for it, made a playlist with no parties so loan wolfs wouldnt run into stacked teams, hell they even moved the notifications so that they wouldnt get in the way of the kill feed! Of course they dont care.

I get that this is a big problem and yes maybe other game companies have had the problem and fixed it in the past BUT that doesnt mean Epic dont care, if you dont like Epic...why are you here?

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by MRIIBOJANGLES View Post
    I hate when people say 'Epic dont care' yet they actually do a lot. Like nerf the SO when everyone cried about it on here, brought back Guardian because everyone on here asked for it. Made a playlist WITHOUT SO as a starting weapon because everyone asked for it, made a playlist with no parties so loan wolfs wouldnt run into stacked teams, hell they even moved the notifications so that they wouldnt get in the way of the kill feed! Of course they dont care.

I get that this is a big problem and yes maybe other game companies have had the problem and fixed it in the past BUT that doesnt mean Epic dont care, if you dont like Epic...why are you here?
    This is my opinion on this matter. Epic is catering to the people who want there weekend events, bringing guardian back, and ETC..., but those are the positives that Epic wants to create to cover up some of the negatives like the rank reset!!! I have always liked the GOW series and I have played unreal tournament as well, But Epic needs to publicly address this matter and assure everyone that they truly have a team working on it on a daily basis to fix what they can to make it more enjoyable for everyone. Not having to worry about losing your all the time you put in means a lot to everyone especially the ones who have lost everything and cant get it back!!!!!
    WARZONER 134

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Xx t0rqu3 vT3c xX View Post
    This is my opinion on this matter. Epic is catering to the people who want there weekend events, bringing guardian back, and ETC..., but those are the positives that Epic wants to create to cover up some of the negatives like the rank reset!!! I have always liked the GOW series and I have played unreal tournament as well, But Epic needs to publicly address this matter and assure everyone that they truly have a team working on it on a daily basis to fix what they can to make it more enjoyable for everyone. Not having to worry about losing your all the time you put in means a lot to everyone especially the ones who have lost everything and cant get it back!!!!!
    And theres people in the forum like LambentHammerBurst and a few others who tell us Epic are working on it. Epic are a game company who are busy, arent they working on a new game? They dont have time to address this on Facebook or Twitter or go in the forums to answer every cry baby problem that people have. I agree that rank reset sucks, it happened to me and i freaked out when it did. Luckily i got my rank back somehow. But they are working on it, we are told they are working on it, they have said they are working on it in a live stream Q&A before the Forces of Nature DLC came out...what else can they do? All we can do is take their word and get on with the game

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by MRIIBOJANGLES View Post
    And theres people in the forum like LambentHammerBurst and a few others who tell us Epic are working on it. Epic are a game company who are busy, arent they working on a new game? They dont have time to address this on Facebook or Twitter or go in the forums to answer every cry baby problem that people have. I agree that rank reset sucks, it happened to me and i freaked out when it did. Luckily i got my rank back somehow. But they are working on it, we are told they are working on it, they have said they are working on it in a live stream Q&A before the Forces of Nature DLC came out...what else can they do? All we can do is take their word and get on with the game
    No offense but apperantly they new about this earlier and should have said something about it!!! I understand that they have other games to make, but that doesn't excuse them from not addressing the problem sooner than later !!! There are no excuses for it Period!! I'm glad you got your rank back and that is great for you.. But it sucks for us who can't. I am aloud to pissed off and I am not the only one..
    WARZONER 134

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: tylerdurdenii7

No offense but apperantly they new about this earlier and should have said something about it!!! I understand that they have other games to make, but that doesn't excuse them from not addressing the problem sooner than later !!! There are no excuses for it Period!! I'm glad you got your rank back and that is great for you.. But it sucks for us who can't. I am aloud to pissed off and I am not the only one..
    *allowed
    sorry, ocd

good point, epic owes it's customers some respect and there's no reason to not hold them accountable for problems on their end. Hooray for backups, right?

65 onyx medals / Seriously 3.0 earned 3/19/13 at 12:06 am
    my gamertag is TylerDurden II7

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by tylerdurdenii7 View Post
    *allowed
    sorry, ocd

good point, epic owes it's customers some respect and there's no reason to not hold them accountable for problems on their end. Hooray for backups, right?
    Now I back up every night!!!
    WARZONER 134

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Now I back up every night!!!
    you and me both, brother. i read the backup thread that scared the hell out of me, and i felt better the instant i plugged a usb in.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Everynight I back up my game and I shouldn't have to. That is what really pisses me off.
    WARZONER 134

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

enh, it just takes a minute or two for me, and i'm more than happy to spend that time if it means i don't take a big gamble every time i turn the game on.

but to each their own. maybe a TU will fix it.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Hopefully!!
    WARZONER 134

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Yeah apparently they've known about it since launch but without the right info from people how are they ment to do anything? They asked that if you get reset that you come on here and tell them what you where doing on the game on the exact moment you got reset and what you had done before that so they can figure it out. People coming on and saying how pissed off they are isnt helping the situation. I know its annoying, believe me my heart sank when i saw lvl 1 pop up BUT its not the end of the world. If your backing up your data then you know that if it happens again then you are safe

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Like I have said like in my case had I known about this from day one I would have. That is my point!!!
    WARZONER 134