MSgt. Shooter Person

Default no ribbon weekend?

Is anyone able to get the weekend ribbon? I can't seem to get any and I've been having this same issue last weekend. Now I am stuck at 25/30 to get my onyx medal. :/

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: GRiMMRocK

If you played the event already, you do not get a ribbon. I have the same problem 29/30.... It sucks right.
    I fight for the horde...Locust #3

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by GRiMMRocK View Post
    If you played the event already, you do not get a ribbon. I have the same problem 29/30.... It sucks right.
    Yeah it does. In the past 5 months I was busy with college and preparing to transfer to university and as you can tell I had little time to even play video games at all. Now that I graduated and have all summer to relax I have time to play Gears without knowing that Epic changed the event ribbons so that it will only count once. What a bummer.

MSgt. Shooter Person

They all counting for me since I got rank reset 20/30 now.... ribbon I got is "Brrrr" for Stay Frosty
    I would like to give BIG THANKS to TroyMcClure2002 for playing againts him to earn the Reaper skin! Thank you very much!

Gears of War: 1250/1250 "Another One Bites The Dust"
    Gears of War: 2 Lvl 100 - 1750/1750 "Another One Bites The Dust"
    Gears of War: 3 Lvl 400 - 2000/2000 Aug 3/2012..."Another One Bite The Dust"
    Gears of War: JUDGMENT - 1500/1500 Oct. 9/2013 "Another One Bites The Dust""Thank You ToxicFlint & HardOva for letting me recieve "Surprise" Ach. BIG THANKS!"

No, something else is happening here. I have played the last 2 events and I have not received a ribbon for either one. But I played the Torque Bow Tag event 2 weeks ago and I received the "Shot Through the Heart" ribbon. All 3 of the original events of the same name I also played when they were up. I'm beginning to think something has happened regarding the popping of the War Supporter achievement because after STtH I was at 29/30 and of course I'm still there. I've also noticed a few other people on these forums are at 29/30 and they are not getting ribbons either, but they might be thinking they already played the events. But as anyone who has received the ribbons knows, they are actually called something else.

I would appreciate it if others comment on this situation as it could be the start of a possible issue. I wasn't sure where else to post so I thought I'd start here. Hopefully someone from Epic can chime in at some point. Thanks!

P.S. For those who are interested, I have not had my rank reset and I hope it stays that way.
    Last edited by SmokeScreen76; 05-25-2012 at 09:39 PM. Reason: P.S.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Based on what a developer tweeted about "restart[ing] the cycle", this weekend's ribbon is either the same one used for Big Head Mode the weekend of October 7-9 or the first Torque Bow Tag October 14-16. The difference is whether Epic used the first week event ribbon to unlock the Flame Retro with TU4. If they did, the cycle restarted with the second event ribbon last weekend, and this weekend is using the third. It shouldn't be based on whether you played Stay Frosty previously. There were 4 Torque Bow Tag variations in the first 35 events, and they all gave ribbons. If you played weekends religiously for a while after release, then missed some, it will take a while until the cycle gets back around to the ribbons you missed.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: mizzelphug

Whenever modern warfare 3 came out, that's when I started missing events. I have no clue what I have and haven't missed. 29/30 for about a month now.
    I had to start somewhere...

Veteran
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour. Ohhhh, yeahh!
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Drewberry Dash

I played in the first stay frosty and I still got a ribbon today. :/
    Nunchy Cakes
    Unban Tigers!
    I'm indifferent as to what happens with Mike!
    Unban Crimson INinja!

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomy View Post
    Based on what a developer tweeted about "restart[ing] the cycle", this weekend's ribbon is either the same one used for Big Head Mode the weekend of October 7-9 or the first Torque Bow Tag October 14-16. The difference is whether Epic used the first week event ribbon to unlock the Flame Retro with TU4. If they did, the cycle restarted with the second event ribbon last weekend, and this weekend is using the third. It shouldn't be based on whether you played Stay Frosty previously. There were 4 Torque Bow Tag variations in the first 35 events, and they all gave ribbons. If you played weekends religiously for a while after release, then missed some, it will take a while until the cycle gets back around to the ribbons you missed.
    Well, using that logic, I should have not received the Shot Through the Heart ribbon or the one before that because those would have been the same in the "cycle" as the Week One ribbon, which of course I did receive since I bought the game day one and started playing it right away. I do find that theory kind of interesting, though. Who was that developer who tweeted that information if you don't mind me asking? I think I'd like more information on it.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Shot Through the Heart was the Torque Bow Tag event 2 weekends ago, and the cycle was restarted last weekend with the return of Raven Down 24/7. When people started asking why they weren't getting a ribbon last week, Pete tweeted https://twitter.com/PeteNub/status/203600441265758208

Veteran

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DJ CARNIV AL

Quote Originally Posted by DJ CARNIV AL View Post
    Their were multiple ribbon events as you know (more than the 30 required), the number of events has reached its maximum and the ribbon cycle has restarted. What this means is you cannot earn the same ribbon twice, therefore if you earned the ribbon for the first 2 events then you wont get the ribbon for the last weekend or next weekend. I'm afraid you'll have to wait until you've earned a ribbon on a weekend that you missed the first time around. It's hard to work out which, i recommend that you go to the Gears community web page http://epicgames.com/community/category/gears-of-war/ and look through the old entries for previous events that you know you missed and work out how many weeks from game launch the event was and play in that many weeks time.

Good luck
    Just replied with this to another fella.
    Eternal GearsFanCommunity
    TheDJCARNIVAL on Youtube

Check out our New Forum - JOIN NOW - All forumers welcome

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TOF JustKen

I am also having this issue. I'm stuck at 24/30 for my onyx and no matter how many times I play the event or a different playlist, nothing comes up. This is a crappy deal :\

MSgt. Shooter Person

It's a raw deal no matter which way you slice it. I was reset during December via the dreaded horde freezing between waves bug, so I guess all of these ribbons are counting for me as a result since I didn't start re-earning ribbons until January. Currently at 22/30 after this weekend's event. Hopefully the next 8 weeks unlock ribbons as it'll be my last medal towards Seriously 3.0 (barring any unfortunate mishaps).
    Seriously 3.0 - July 20, 2012

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xabax7

Aquí también tengo el mismo problema. 29 de 30 y aún no sale la última insignia para desbloquear el onyx de "Belicoso"

Here also I have the same problem. 29 of 30 events and still not get the last badge to unlock the onyx.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xabax7

Aquí también tengo el mismo problema. 29 de 30 y aún no sale la última insignia para desbloquear el onyx de "Belicoso"

Here also I have the same problem. 29 of 30 events and still not get the last badge to unlock the onyx.