Register

Welcome to the Epic Games Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Default Yellow chest isn't opening - HELP !

Please help me. In my OG the yellow chest in the passage for the courtyard is not opening, and it is happening every rebirth. Only in my NG+ that it can be opened. I think it might be a bug, but today morning it was working properly.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Confirming I have the same problem. OG is only where the bug is. I have switched to my NG, and I can open it fine on every RB.
    Infinity Blade III
    Level: Siris 240, Isa 188 || Awakening: 185+ || Health: 7500 || Attack: 1053 || Shield: 51 || Magic 51

MSgt. Shooter Person

I'm having the same bug in OG, too.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Let's continue to post this bugs here at the forum, in order to Chair can solve them in a future update.

Iron Guard

Same issue in NG too. Seem to happen randomly in certain NG. Next NG it's fine. Had to use the other medium chest at the top of the stair pathway.

MSgt. Shooter Person

I'm seeing the same issue in NG. It is broken about 50% of the rebirths. Strange bug.

Another odd treasure chest moment happened yesterday. I opened a small chest inside it was a medium key. I used the medium key and got a large key. In the large chest I got gold. Nothing strange about that. But it happened for the next 3 rebirths in a row. Every small chest had a medium key, every medium chest had a large key, every large chest had gold. It seemed like the game got stuck on a treasure pattern.

You know it wouldn't be an Infinity Blade update without a few bugs.

Bis repetita (in NG+, after the last update)

Same here for NG, working in the morning,bug appears in the afternoon till now, every RB

MSgt. Shooter Person

Hey guys, others are experiencing this same issue. If you could post the details of what you've encountered in this thread (also in my signature), then we can keep track of just how widespread this chest bug is (and not have a million different bug threads going at once ). Thanks!

Redeemer

It's just stopped working for me in NG
    That's What She Said!!!
    Dual is the skill of ChampionsÖ
    According to the Simpsons, In Australia we play Knifey-Spooney in our local pubs

Quote Originally Posted by NimNams View Post
    I'm having the same bug in OG, too.
    Same for me too. OG.

Redeemer

i haven't had this issue yet...m1 chest opens fine for me in 2 OG RBs and dozens of NG+ RBs...

hmmm, I suppose i'm just lucky?

The Sacrifice

NG15 Rb 60'ish is when it started happening to me.

Iron Guard

I just ran into this problem, but it was in OG. I was also unable to open the chest at the top of the tower. Haven't had this problem in NG (yet).
    WA NI CHI ???

MSgt. Shooter Person
    The advers of antipodal of anthithetical of reverse of polar of inimical of our world (lost yet)

which chest is this cause im on the OG and it has not happened to me

MSgt. Shooter Person

And also the normal chest on the top of the tower where we fight against thane is not opening.

MSgt. Shooter Person

The large chest near The Archivist is not opening either.

The Sacrifice

Quote Originally Posted by iGasms View Post
    NG15 Rb 60'ish is when it started happening to me.
    At Rebirth 73 - still can't be opened.

Edit: At Rebirth 75, Large Key chest in library (Archivist) doesn't open, now. I don't usually take this route so it may have been disabled for a while. The Stone Demon and MX-Goliath are fine... for now.
    Last edited by iGasms; 05-28-2012 at 07:19 PM.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Same issue with the small chest leading to the courtyard happened today. Worked fine until this morning but has been broken since. OG

free chest where thane is not opening too. the rest are ok. i think it's a random chest bug

I am also experiencing this problem: medium chest before the courtyard, free chest atop the tower. Lvl 97, Rbth 61, OG.

MSgt. Shooter Person

The hallway medium chest isn't opening for me in OG either
    Last edited by idub76; 05-30-2012 at 08:10 PM.

MSgt. Shooter Person

This happens on the chest on top of Thane's tower as well.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xRANKMANx PSN ID: RANKMAN

Yea like 15 rebirths ago the yellow chest isn't opening for me ether. I'm on my 71st rebirth ng4
    Gamecenter ID: -RANKMAN-
    Infinity Blade III
    Siris: 62
    ISA: 62
    Infinity Blade II Lv: 286

MSgt. Shooter Person

I'm now having trouble with the large chest at the Archivist. These chests are dropping like flies...

The Sacrifice

I had this happen as well. I'm on NG8, it happened about the 60th rebirth. There was a weird pause coming out of the post-fight/experience update screen back to the view of the hallway. I had gone ahead & bought a medium key by hitting "inventory" after being awarded experience points, but then I couldn't use the key. Ticked me off. That's why I remember it. Ever rebirth since then, the chest is closed to me.

At the time, I thought maybe it was a limited resource per NG type thing (since it happened right after the update, and I buy the medium key every rebirth that I have the money). But I haven't gotten to another NG yet - with all this stuff to get up through 8 cycles of mastering, it's taken a while. I was hoping it would reset after an NG. Sounds like not from what everyone else is saying. Not looking forward to losing other chests. With the Paga Circle, the chests are a major money-maker.

my first two maps all chests are open. the yellow chest at 6th map. thane free chest at the 8th map. archivist large stop opening at 11th map. i think it's a map bug.what happen if you get all 15 maps, then all chests can't be open?

MSgt. Shooter Person

large chest at the Archivist and medium chest before the courtyard dont open any more!!

Iron Guard

I've been trying to find a thread on this for a couple days. The search on this forum doesn't work that well, at least for me.

The chest on top of the tower by Thane stopped working for me a while back and then the medium/gold chest in the hall before the courtyard stopped working too. These are the only two not working for me to date. I thought maybe it was related to having a certain weapon or reaching a certain level/rb but that doesn't seem to be the case from reading here. A map bug sounds interesting. I have 10 of the 12 known maps. I still need Faded Loot and Light Forge maps (I've been hoping to find these for about 50 rbs now).

An aside, I thought the Key Treasure Map was supposed to provide multiple rewards, but it only worked once for me. The Scholar's map continues to work, but not the Key map. Anyone else experience this?

Another question (sorry...) Is there anyone doing fan fiction? I have some ideas for stories and I'd like to share them somewhere, but I haven't seen anything yet.

RB 112 Level 80 Still have a ton of items to master, but having fun trying to find the maps and forge gems.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Confirmed here too. Currently at Rebirth 80, NG+3 . Haven't been able to open that chest since around Rebirth 70.

Deathless

Carry on thru the NG's and the chests re-activate. I've had this problem several times in different NG's, they always come lback.
    Pantheon

True Jedi

MSgt. Shooter Person

The problem is linked (for me...) to the Treasure maps...
    The Middle chest of the entry hall is now unavailable... just since i used the Map of the Helm, before the chest was available.
    Same thing for the chest of the Throne balcony: the chest becomes unavailable when i se (for the second time!!! O_O) the keys Treasure map...
    Once you re-start a new Game+, the chest are available again.
    That's a bug.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Confirming in OG, level 98. I think it's what we called the "chest flu" in another topic =P chests become unopenable and gradually "infect" other chests.
    The Infinity Blade Fan Art Thread
    Appreciating All Infinity Blade Artwork Created By The Fanbase

Check out my art on Facebook | or on my DeviantART page