I'm developing a tennis simulation. The simulation needs to incorporate the effect of air resistance on the flight path of a ball, both in reducing the ball's velocity and curving it's path based on rotational velocity (spin). Since a player will be aiming to hit the ball to a specific point (as well as inputting the desired strength and spin to hit the ball with), I must compute the angle by which to "hit" the ball in order for it to land where it was aimed.

My problem is correlating what I compute as the correct angle to hit the ball, to how Unreal physics (PhysX?) will actually simulate the path of the ball projectile, so that it lands where the player aimed. Some questions I hope folks here might be able to answer or direct me to other resources:
1) I'm assuming PhysX can simulate atmospheric resistance of projectiles traveling through a PhysicsVolume; i.e. the velocity will decrease during flight as the projectile travels. Is this true? (and why are the UDK docs on PhysicsVolumes password protected?)
2) Does PhysX simulate the Magnus effect on projectiles?
3) If the answer to 2 is true, does a Physics Material asset have any effect?
4) Beyond not using PhysX and implementing all the physics myself, what is the best way to ensure the math I'm using to compute the angle to "hit" the ball exactly matches with how PhysX will simulate projecting the ball, considering air resistance and the Magnus effect?

Thanks in advance!
Paul