Thread: System Link DLC

Default System Link DLC

I have a question regarding system link compatibility.

I know if one xbox doesn't have the latest update, the compatibility between them fails and no game can be played. However, once we had all patched up our consoles, there was a console who couldn't get in any match or could not host, that one was the one with DLC.

So... having or not having DLC affects system link? Because I remember Gears 2 and it didn't matter if you had it or not.

Thanks in advance.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: quantum binman

Quote Originally Posted by Maleficium View Post
    I have a question regarding system link compatibility.

I know if one xbox doesn't have the latest update, the compatibility between them fails and no game can be played. However, once we had all patched up our consoles, there was a console who couldn't get in any match or could not host, that one was the one with DLC.

So... having or not having DLC affects system link? Because I remember Gears 2 and it didn't matter if you had it or not.

Thanks in advance.

Nope, works fine for me and housemate (he doesn't have any DLC, I have the season pass). Only "issue" is that we can only play on the standard shipped maps that came on the disc.

Awesome, then. I don't know what happened that day when I couldn't join the lobby or be joined in one. I'll try that next LAN.