Wink Looking to start a casual team! All talents needed! :D

Hello. I am Orestis and I want to start a casual team for making Video Games. I have several concepts in my head, most of them fleshed out quite nicely, but I need a team to make them come true.

The positions don't require any experience, just the will and enthusiasm to make a great game! All positions are open although I am the Video Game and Art Director. Also I will be drawing some concept art for the game! Anyone who wishes to help is welcome!

My idea is the following:
    The game is split into two parts. The single-player and the multi-player:
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Combat

-Movement via the WASD keys and jumping with space (fully customizable though) (in-progress)
    -12 bind-able keys for 4 weapons. Default are:
    ->Slot 1 High Attack Y Normal attack H Low Attack B
    ->Slot 2 High Attack U Normal attack J Low Attack N
    ->Slot 3 High Attack I Normal attack K Low Attack M
    ->Slot 4 High Attack O Normal attack L Low Attack ,
    -2 customizable keys for 2 Customization chips
    ->Slot 1 Q
    ->Slot 2 E

-The game will be combo oriented so weapon changes will be encouraged. The longer the combo, the better the score. The switch between the weapons is instantaneous and will create awesome combos.

For example with a sword with very fast speed low power little knock-back and big range and a hammer with big damage, big knock-back medium range and very slow speed: If a player presses H, H, H, H, Y, Space, N Slate does a sword combo that hits everyone in a big range around him, send most of them up in the air, jumps himself and then hits the enemy in front of him once (while in the air) and slams the target and mobs in a medium range around him to the ground and they bounce back to get mauled some more!

-Weapons:

Each Weapon has 4 status which are randomly generated every time the player finds a weapon. Each status has a cosmetic change on the weapon. Power and Speed change the color of the weapon and the other 2 change the shape of the weapon. The weapons the player can find get progressively stronger (starting at 50 randomly distributed points and by the final battle the player should posses weapons with 130 randomly distributed points)

Sword: Power - Speed - Knock-back - Area
    Hammer: Power - Speed - Knock-back - Area
    Drill: Power - Speed - Knock-back - Area
    Gun: Power - Speed - Knock-back - Area
    Spear: Power - Speed - Piercing - Reach
    Hook: Power - Speed - Piercing - Reach

-Chips: (Under Construction)

Single Player Story:

~The player take control of a robot that has been deactivated due to the robot developing a personality. An explosion, restarts the Robot's systems and it wakes up to find the world overrun with other Robots, Orcs and Vampire Bunnies. The Robot's code-name is "Slate". As it walks through the ruins of the facility he was being held in, he encounters various destroyed robots and the safety chip she had lodged in his core overheats and thus Slate's personality and feelings come back. In a massive electrical explosion a robot activates near him and he is told that he must find the "World chip" A chip that will let him connect with all the other active robots (Thus unlocking the multiplayer)

Slate must travel through the ruins of the city, collecting weapons and customization chips as he goes. Finally he reaches the ROBOT-ORC-RIDING-VAMPIRE-OVERLORD-BUNNY.. or in short R.O.R.V.O.B. He defeats the mighty beast and gains the "World Chip" thus unlocking the Multiplayer.

Multiplayer:

The player goes in a 4 people lobby and the game begins automatically.
    1st idea: 4 players in separate corridors with glass walls where they face 1 Mob each and will have to kill him. The player with the lowest score (worst combo) will die and the remaining 3 will move forward towards another mob. The same will happen a second and a third time. In the fourth round the player must survive against a horde of mini-vampire-bunnies.

If he survives he wins 500 Golden Bolts (Idea not final) . All other players win Silver Bolts depending on their score and in what round they died.

Store: In the store Players can buy weapons or chips. The stats of the weapons are random but all weapons that can be bought with silver bolts have 150 points also silver chips can be bought with silver bolts. Weapons bought with golden bolts have 200 points and the player can also buy Golden chips.

Golden bolts can also be bought using Real money.Golden blots can be traded with Silver bolts (but not vice versa)

A high-score system will also be implemented to show the scores and videos of the best 3 combos of the week, of the month and of all time.

(multiplayer ideas under constuction)

Regarding funding: My Idea is that once we have a prototype, we could try to post it on Kickstarter! There we can get both funding and publicity!

The following Jobs are open:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Programmer
    Animator
    Modeler
    Sound Designer
    And pretty much anyone else who thinks he can help out!

The Goal is to make at least a basic prototype. Once we have that we may be able to recruit more people!

If you are interested, post in this thread! Tell me what you can do and I shall contact you via PM
    Last edited by moloha; 05-28-2012 at 04:29 AM.

Banned

Watch out maloha the police will arrive soon.....

...Whut? O.o

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by moloha View Post
    ...Whut? O.o
    You'll see what I mean...... I'll let you know when they arrive.

Redeemer

I like the idea. I will take it and make my own game out of it. Thank you.
    Hamad Al-Hasan
    Gameplay Programmer / Technical Artist
    Portfolio: http://www.alhasanstudio.com/

Projects: Medieval Zombie Demo - zBioBlow - 2013: Infected Wars

UDK Version: Feb-2013
    Intel Core i7 960 3.2 GHz 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 130W Quad Core CPU
    12 GB DDR3 Mushkin PC3-12800 998959 (6 x 2048MB) 6-9-7-24 1.65V Blackline
    ASUS Sabertooth X58 LGA 1366 Intel X58 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
    EVGA GTX 580 1.5 GB GDDR5 - Driver Version: 296.10

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by seenooh View Post
    LOOOOL you damn thieve.......

Um... I would appreciate it if you didn't...?

Redeemer

Quote Originally Posted by juguefre View Post
    LOOOOL you damn thieve.......
    I knew you would laugh hard on that one XD.

@moloha, just kidding man, just kidding lol.
    Last edited by seenooh; 05-23-2012 at 06:20 PM.
    Hamad Al-Hasan

Sooo.. anyone interested in helping? I need people so we can make a short prototype! After that, we will see the reactions and act accordingly!

Also, do you like my idea? Any changes you would like to be implemented? Any advice in general?

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: LoquaciousSix

I'm not getting it, you post a thread here about getting a team together, then you delete it the same day because you found another team to join...what was the game in the first place because now I am curious?

Banned

Now that's hilarious, he came with his idea and end up joining someone else project.....not too confident I guess.....

Damn we should stole the idea........

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: L0RD oF DRAG0NS

Now that's hilarious, he came with his idea and end up joining someone else project.....not too confident I guess.....

Damn we should stole the idea........
    Maybe seenoh has it lol

Redeemer

loool

just posting here because this made my day.
    Lead Programmer
    It's the Only NEET Thing to Do

Programming for non-fiction.
    I'm the function of my code. Conditions are my body and calls are my blood. I have input over a thousand lines. Unknown of bugs, nor known to work. Have withstand coffee to create many programs. Yet, those hands will never code anything again. So, as I pray, Unlimited Code Works.

Redeemer

Quote Originally Posted by fragfest2012 View Post
    what was the game in the first place because now I am curious?
    The game idea is my property now. I'll make millions within one week you just wait and see. So if you are interested, join me and follow the steps of the OP, along with your entire team. And because I am a fair person, I will follow the example of Gentleman Graphics (a celebrity in this forum) and will offer high payment. 50$ each.
    Hamad Al-Hasan

Welp... Team bailed out on me... yay................. T.T

They thought it was too.. advanced for them >.> ...
    Last edited by moloha; 05-28-2012 at 04:01 AM.

Soo.. Reopening the thread for anyone interested. And this time it's staying open! YAY!
    Last edited by moloha; 05-28-2012 at 03:50 AM.

Banned

Soo.. Reopening the thread for anyone interested. And this time it's staying open! YAY!
    Is not going to work because the idea already belongs to seenooh, I rather join his team developing this idea than yours......

Is not going to work because the idea already belongs to seenooh, I rather join his team developing this idea than yours......
    Even if it's intended as a joke, I find that kind of rude. I'm serious about this project. I've been searching locally for a team for 2 months to no avail. If you can help with the project or give me constructive criticism in this thread, I would greatly appreciate it. If not, please refrain from posting.

Thanks.

Banned

I'm serious about this project. please refrain from posting.
    I can post as much as I want, serious you say??? yeah! I can bet EVERYONE here knows already how serious you are.

I can post as much as I want, serious you say??? yeah! I can bet EVERYONE here knows already how serious you are.
    Firstly, You took my 2 phrases out of context. I said that, unless you have anything to post that would help me with my project, I would appreciate it if you didn't post. That goes for everyone.

Additionally, I do not understand why you would think I am not serious about this project. I have spent hours thinking about it, posted in multiple forums searching for a team and spent hours making concept art. I have shown dedication and approached criticism maturely, taking all the advice I could get.

As soon as a team had showed interest in my project, I closed the thread to prevent people from thinking that the positions were still open. As it happens though, after me and the other team had a talk, we saw that we couldn't work together. I fail to see how that shows any lack of dedication on my part.

Banned

You know is even good that you are arguing with me, a lot of people here don't like me at all, so they may come to aid you just to prove me wrong.

And you will not only get positive comments always, there is something called criticism and you can't stop them.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: LinearLux

Edited the post :P
    Last edited by LinearLux; 05-28-2012 at 07:33 AM.
    Learn to respect yourself, then others will follow.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Whoa...just read through the thread...some groovy stuff going on there... I have edited my above post...yeah, I'll pass now. I'm sorry but this is way to confusing and even as a new member of these forums I can tell that the topic has gone way off of what it was supposed to be.

Quote Originally Posted by LinearLux View Post
    Whoa...just read through the thread...some groovy stuff going on there... I have edited my above post...yeah, I'll pass now. I'm sorry but this is way to confusing and even as a new member of these forums I can tell that the topic has gone way off of what it was supposed to be.
    This is exactly the reason why i didn't want an arguement..

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

This is exactly the reason why i didn't want an arguement..
    Fair play

MSgt. Shooter Person

To get this thread back on the rails:

If you could send me the concept art for the sword, I'll build that for you.
    Honestly I'm serious, although it might take a bit with school and all.
    I'll warn you though: I haven't always finished projects I start; I'm trying to change that.
    Good luck with your project! If all else fails, you'll have at least have a really cool digital sword to show people.
    Thanks in advance ,
    Eldraco
    My current project:
    http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=752462
    Code:
    BOOL isPwned;
    var killedplayer;
    var killer;
    VictorySequence{
    if(isPwned==TRUE)
    {
    killer.teabag(killedplayer)
    }
    }

Banned

Last edited by juguefre; 05-28-2012 at 10:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eldraco View Post
    To get this thread back on the rails:

If you could send me the concept art for the sword, I'll build that for you.
    Honestly I'm serious, although it might take a bit with school and all.
    I'll warn you though: I haven't always finished projects I start; I'm trying to change that.
    Good luck with your project! If all else fails, you'll have at least have a really cool digital sword to show people.
    OH wow! Thanks! I'll come back from the exams I have in about.. 5 hours and I'll contact you!!