MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: outc4st

Default What Does This Button Do?

Can anyone help me with this achievement? Im also going to play horde on either a FoN or FR map for the other achievements.
    If you can help me or just want to join send me a message here or on xbox.
    GT: outc4st
    Been playing GoW since '09
    First wings achieved 31 days after release
    Re-up: 2 - Level: 32
    BTTE - Best playlist. Ever.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SBobRoundPants

When are you usually on? I have level 3 unlocked and might be able to help-been helping peeps with other achievements but this isn't that hard-just need a good open map (like blood drive or overpass-for example;I read you want to do it on an FON map) where you can keep the monkeysuit up and out of the way but still funnel enemies at it.
    SBobRoundPants onXBL
    Big Thanks to VIKING for the Kick Ass COG Tags and CrypticAshes for Adam Fenix!
    EGFC Member, Onyx Guard and XBox Live Ambassador
    Insane Horde, Insane Beast, KOTH and Professional Swearing Enthusiast

MSgt. Shooter Person

Blood Drive is a fantastic map to do What Does This Button Do. Camp the top of the stairs and spam rockets (your team will love you... maybe!). During boss waves, park the Silverback back in the spawn room to keep it safe.

Another great one is Azura. Make sure to build the base at the HoD spawn, build the silverback and keep it parked in the "wing" in front of the command centre. You'll command a long line of sight giving you plenty of opportunities to frag oncoming enemies. Just be wary of enemies flanking from the right - build a small fence there to alert you of any enemies. The only real tricky part is boss waves, but again, just park the Silverback out of harm's way. Actually, Silverback rockets are great against Gunker boss waves - a good salvo and they go down nicely, even in the later waves when everything has health bonuses.

If you get the Silverback built and upgraded early, and have a good supporting team, you can get 250+ rocket kills per game.

Add me if you like (GT: Batou667) and I'll be happy to help out if we're online at the same time. My Silverback building is lv4 at the moment (lv5 is taking foreverrrrrr).

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Batou667 View Post
    If you get the Silverback built and upgraded early, and have a good supporting team, you can get 250+ rocket kills per game.

Add me if you like (GT: Batou667) and I'll be happy to help out if we're online at the same time. My Silverback building is lv4 at the moment (lv5 is taking foreverrrrrr).
    Ain't that the truth-actually I misspoke,I have lvl 4 as well, only $340k from leveling up completely (yeah!)

Very true about the kill number-A friend of mine got 400 kills in 50 waves of horde (casual or normal) but we had a rocket silverback by wave 8 or 9.so he got started pretty early.
    SBobRoundPants onXBL

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: D4u2s0t

If you play blood drive, I would actually recommend staying back in spawn, and blasting everything as it comes through the hallway. You don't have to direct hit, and you will destroy everything that comes through. You can do this solo as well, and you should be able to get hundreds of kills per game.

Another good map for this is clock tower, grab the boom, go opposite spawn, and sit towards the back. If you're specifically trying to get the achievement, you want to pick a map where everything is filtered to you with only one way to get to you. Quickest is to do it solo.

Doing this in a fenix rising or fon map would be fine, but it's going to take a lot longer.
    Last edited by D4u2s0t; 05-23-2012 at 12:58 PM.
    Having a hard time with Bairds? Click this link 2-piecing is like kicking someone in the nuts... you may win the fight, but you're still a loser.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MEIYER

Quote Originally Posted by outc4st View Post
    Can anyone help me with this achievement? Im also going to play horde on either a FoN or FR map for the other achievements.
    If you can help me or just want to join send me a message here or on xbox.
    It's crazy easy, just get the silverback upgraded to rockets and set up on Aftermath on one side of the map at the top in the corner of that little shelter area by snipes and just blow the hell outta em, casual is easiest, solo'd it myself.
    GoW 3 Member of the Old Guard 20
    Thanks to DizzyRules for my Flame HB code! | And to Reign, Miss Broccoli, and RollerKiller for helping me get it!!
    GoW: J 35

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

I think the OP is asking for help because he doesn't have rockets unlocked for his silverback.
    SBobRoundPants onXBL

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: tylerdurdenii7

Hey OP, if Sbob is right, I've got rockets unlocked. gt is TylerDurden II7, hit me up man, we'll knock out a couple waves, and i'll build it for you and even fix it up for you if you'd like.

65 onyx medals / Seriously 3.0 earned 3/19/13 at 12:06 am
    my gamertag is TylerDurden II7

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: D4u2s0t

Quote Originally Posted by tylerdurdenii7 View Post
    Hey OP, if Sbob is right, I've got rockets unlocked. gt is TylerDurden II7, hit me up man, we'll knock out a couple waves, and i'll build it for you and even fix it up for you if you'd like.
    you can fix a silverback even if you don't have the rocket upgrade. Once someone else builds it for you, you can fix it though.
    Having a hard time with Bairds? Click this link 2-piecing is like kicking someone in the nuts... you may win the fight, but you're still a loser.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by D4u2s0t View Post
    you can fix a silverback even if you don't have the rocket upgrade. Once someone else builds it for you, you can fix it though.
    I know that, i've already got the achievement, i was just trying to be a nice guy.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

And you can rebuild it,even if it gets blown up. Honestly Sean,I think it's lvl 3 where you unlock rockets,and lvl 4 gets you 11% off repairs,but it's been so long since I unlocked this last level I can't remember!
    SBobRoundPants onXBL

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Yeah reaching level 3 gets the rockets unlocked, i just reached level 4 and it did give me the discount. anywho, OP, drop me a message if you want some help

Boomshot
    Soloing Top Lane. Can't camp your tower I got perfect harass.

Theres a bunch of members (or well used to be several willing im unsure about current numbers actually available) listed in the Thread linked in my sig that was dedicated to helping with this achievement.

Shoot me a message if you want help always glad.
    Need help with the 500 Silverback Rocket kills achievement? Visit the Silverback Service Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Totallysafe View Post
    I have never seen someone give someone else a code because they were fed up. This is a first.
    Enjoy your LGS EXTREME NOOBHUNTER. Thanks FL4K for my Mech Baird and III LYCAN III for my SGE.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Akimbo Slice 79

Dam, I need this bad boy too. Any spaces left? I've all but given up on the "I've got this" achievement, so this is the next awkward one to do.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

I just got the I've got this cheevo-if you can get five peeps together (for a full team) your chances are good that you'll get stuck in a bot lobby. then when you hit a FON map,have everyone down the bots and the leader kills em. I know it sounds easy,maybe we got lucky,but we were stuck in bot lobbies long enough to get three people the achievement. MSG me if you need help!
    SBobRoundPants onXBL