Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any more DLC?

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: JDMprizm

Default Any more DLC?

Is there gunna be anymore DLC? I know the Season pass allowed me to the first 4 DLC packs... but i wasnt aware they were the only DLC packs.
    Clayton / Kantus
    Looking for Savage Kantus... I got something to offer

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Fade To Bacon

Nothing announced so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by LoGx Heaven View Post
    Team Essence will try to be at the next Hypefestation!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranethar View Post
    This is really good for the community, now no one has the fear of coming last! Should get lots more teams now.

Seriously...

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Jim Tuna

I wouldn't get my hopes up as the Season Pass gave us A LOT of content. I'm not against the idea though, as we all want more Gears!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkio View Post
    Sorry, but really? That Jim Tuna guy is a reaper? Dude does nothing but spam the forums I have yet to come across one non spammy post from him. There are other users who are more active and contribute a lot of information/ help threads off their own initiative- they are more deserving of this opportunity. Apparently you can report spam and spam is frowned upon but here EPIC are, rewarding the spammers.

MSgt. Shooter Person

My prediction is that they will have one during the 1 year anniversary of the Gears 3 release.

Veteran

If they don't release old gears 1 + 2 maps then I'm going to lose it lol. We need some old classic maps for the better game (gears 3). I just loved how clocktower and raven down turned out.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by >I Am Legend< View Post
    If they don't release old gears 1 + 2 maps then I'm going to lose it lol. We need some old classic maps for the better game (gears 3). I just loved how clocktower and raven down turned out.
    A remake of River and Flood from Gears 2 would be nice.

They most likely won't. Those maps literally need an overhaul fom top to bottom, all the way to cover and spawning. Everything needs retextured. In fact during development most wouldn't work at all due to memory constrains crashing the maps. Updates to horde means the maps need redesigned down to doorway placement due to new creatures/movments, they then need tested and balanced for game modes they were never designed for, balanced against new weapons. It's too dramatic of a redesign for most of the maps. May as well just make new ones.
    Last edited by NFI; 05-21-2012 at 09:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyMcClure View Post
    Nice Find. It was a legit bug and fixed in the retail version today.

So once Gears 3 releases, when you use the torque, take a bit of pride in knowing you helped make it better

Boomshot

Officially, there is not further DLC planned for Gears 3. However, they have no announced that there never will be, simply that none is planned at this time.
    ___,...---'---..---...,,,,',
    [__--_;=-o@Reign187''====
    ``/ /-'-|___|---;;;;;;;;;;;;:'

Massive Thank you to Bumble8eeTuna for my Chicks Dig the Baird tee & for being a truly EPIC boyfriend ❤ ★
    ★ Special mention to Parasidian & Rishy ★ Thank you to Capt23n for my SGE code ★ Many thanks go to Cher for the early access FoN code ★

Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Officially, there is not further DLC planned for Gears 3. However, they have no announced that there never will be, simply that none is planned at this time.
    However by saying if demand is high, they will consider it, they aren't planning anything. You can read between the lines. Ppl keep saying rod stated if demand is high they'll make it, he never once said that. He said if demand is high that's something they'll consider and talk about.

So once Gears 3 releases, when you use the torque, take a bit of pride in knowing you helped make it better

Boomshot

Quote Originally Posted by NFI View Post
    However by saying if demand is high, they will consider it, they aren't planning anything. You can read between the lines. Ppl keep saying rod stated if demand is high they'll make it, he never once said that. He said if demand is high that's something they'll consider and talk about.
    I read the article where that "rumor" was derived from, but as I could not vaify the source I take it with a grain of salt. I never mentioned anything about if the demand is high they would do it, or even consider it, just that they have not come out and said we are never making more DLC for Gears 3.

Massive Thank you to Bumble8eeTuna for my Chicks Dig the Baird tee & for being a truly EPIC boyfriend ❤ ★
    ★ Special mention to Parasidian & Rishy ★ Thank you to Capt23n for my SGE code ★ Many thanks go to Cher for the early access FoN code ★

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: AoW KingFenix PSN ID: AoWKingFenix

Nothing official like others have stated but there was the PAX East panel where they said a possible DLC with "a loved character that didn't get much time in Gears 3".

It was something along those lines.
    Farewell Epic Forums. It was fun.
    Thank you Cher and CrypticAshes for the Savage Kantus code and Cher again for the SGE code!
    Thank you to COG Azure Skye for the Web Skin code! Thank you to ToRcHiiNgNerDz for the Anya code! Thank you Lycan for the Alex Brand code! Thank you to The Anya Bunni for the Team Metal code! Thank you to BlueDodger for the invite to the Reaper lobby!

Veteran

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Parasidian

Quote Originally Posted by LoD FENIX View Post
    Nothing official like others have stated but there was the PAX East panel where they said a possible DLC with "a loved character that didn't get much time in Gears 3".

It was something along those lines.
    Here are the exact words:

Cliff:
    "Their maybe news someday at some point about more information about a character from Gears 3 who didn't have as much story as the rest of the other characters."
    "Wreck 'n' Rule!"
    @Parasidian Gearspedia Adminヽ(ಠ_ರೃ)ノ Operation Hijack(Done) Lt. Sid Artwork!!
    The New Padrick Salton for a Future Gears of War game/dlc Thread! SUPPORT!!
    Proclaimed: King of Epic's Art Dumpster,The Master of the Archives, Avatar Thread Gatekeeper...etc Ps. Just call me Sid.

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Parasidian View Post

Cliff:
    "Their maybe news someday at some point about more information about a character from Gears 3 who didn't have as much story as the rest of the other characters."
    Thanks for that.

I'm thinking Hoffman, maybe Bernie involved as well.
    Thank you Cher and CrypticAshes for the Savage Kantus code and Cher again for the SGE code!
    Thank you to COG Azure Skye for the Web Skin code! Thank you to ToRcHiiNgNerDz for the Anya code! Thank you Lycan for the Alex Brand code! Thank you to The Anya Bunni for the Team Metal code! Thank you to BlueDodger for the invite to the Reaper lobby!

MSgt. Shooter Person

I remember reading on he campaign forums that another campaign was hinted, but I really would like that character pack that adds a ton of new locusts characters to be added as-well/

Veteran

MP is better than campaign imo. I hope its not campaign even though some interesting things could happen like, Claytons story, more info on Baird.

Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    I read the article where that "rumor" was derived from, but as I could not vaify the source I take it with a grain of salt. I never mentioned anything about if the demand is high they would do it, or even consider it, just that they have not come out and said we are never making more DLC for Gears 3.
    I was speaking generally. I quoted you to piggyback off your statement.

Thanks for that.

If it happens I call Baird. He's the only member of delta not spotlighted in some fashion throughout the series. All other delta members were..

Veteran

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Jukebox360 View Post
    I remember reading on he campaign forums that another campaign was hinted, but I really would like that character pack that adds a ton of new locusts characters to be added as-well/
    This is the article that started off all the speculation.
    http://www.wethegamerz.com/2012/04/0...t-versus-mode/
    But the article itself is just all speculation done by the writer. He heard the quote i posted above and then immediately thought DLC, which might not be the case at all.
    "Wreck 'n' Rule!"
    Proclaimed: King of Epic's Art Dumpster,The Master of the Archives, Avatar Thread Gatekeeper...etc Ps. Just call me Sid.

Boomshot

Ahh gotcha My bad.

Veteran

If it happens I call Baird. He's the only member of delta not spotlighted in some fashion throughout the series. All other delta members were..
    I also call Baird simply because Cole got his appearance, Dom and Marcus did (obviously lol), Clayton...however did not but he isn't our "favourite" character like Cliffy B said. Has to be Baird, he tops every poll for favourite characters.

We know almost nothing about him, when you think about it.

Veteran

Gamer IDs

I also call Baird simply because Cole got his appearance, Dom and Marcus did (obviously lol), Clayton...however did not but he isn't our "favourite" character like Cliffy B said. Has to be Baird, he tops every poll for favourite characters.
    What ever it is it will be focust on a character that didn't have as much story as the other character in gears 3. I would assume it would be either Baird or Clay. Also i don't get where people are getting "favourite" from?
    "Wreck 'n' Rule!"

Boomshot

What ever it is it will be focust on a character that didn't have as much story as the other character in gears 3. I would assume it would be either Baird or Clay. Also i don't get where people are getting "favourite" from?
    Whatever it turns out to be, if anything at all, I think most know what my reaction would be if it was Baird related.. lol

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Doctor Pie 7056

If there is a dlc its probably about baird, cole, and 2 other people hopefully
    I have a shotgun
    Quote Originally Posted by xTZAx View Post
    I was considering cancelling my pre-order until they finally confirmed that I can turn off gore and language.
    Yes, this is a fertile land we will rule over all this land, we will call it, this land. - Thumbs up if you get the reference

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

This is true as well.

I found Hoffman got kinda cheated in the campaign. He was in what, 1 Act?

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

This is true as well.

I found Hoffman got kinda cheated in the campaign. He was in what, 1 Act?
    He wasn't suppose to be that big of a role this time around that was intended
    I have a shotgun
    I was considering cancelling my pre-order until they finally confirmed that I can turn off gore and language.
    Yes, this is a fertile land we will rule over all this land, we will call it, this land. - Thumbs up if you get the reference

Seriously...

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Jim Tuna

More than likely it would be Baird, it only makes sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkio View Post
    Sorry, but really? That Jim Tuna guy is a reaper? Dude does nothing but spam the forums I have yet to come across one non spammy post from him. There are other users who are more active and contribute a lot of information/ help threads off their own initiative- they are more deserving of this opportunity. Apparently you can report spam and spam is frowned upon but here EPIC are, rewarding the spammers.

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Pie 7056 View Post
    He wasn't suppose to be that big of a role this time around that was intended
    Now that I think about it Jacinto's Remnant leaves off with him leaving for Anvil Gate.

Seeing as the 3rd book is called Anvil Gate it probably covers it.

I take it back, I hope it's about Baird. Lol

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Tuna View Post
    More than likely it would be Baird, it only makes sense.
    Maybe you go back in time and become mechanic barid ....... LE
    I have a shotgun

Veteran

Gamer IDs

Now that I think about it Jacinto's Remnant leaves off with him leaving for Anvil Gate.

Seeing as the 3rd book is called Anvil Gate it probably covers it.

I take it back, I hope it's about Baird. Lol
    Spoiler

Actually he leaves for Anvil Gate near the end of Coalitions End (4th novel), the third novel is called Anvil Gate because the Flashback scenes are about Hoffman's time at Anvil Gate during the Pendulum Wars.
    Last edited by Parasidian; 05-21-2012 at 11:47 PM.
    "Wreck 'n' Rule!"

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

So glad I didn't read the spoiler quote
    I have a shotgun

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

I won't quote it for obvious reasons but I see.

I remember it wrong then, apologies. I remember the flashbacks on the 2nd book (which are probably the best parts from the first 2 novels) but not exactly what was happening "current" when it took place.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: dropdeadsykes21

i second this
    Quote Originally Posted by jml313 View Post
    A remake of River and Flood from Gears 2 would be nice.
    E.G.F.C.
    GOW 3 lvl 9
    Don't get Reset Back up your dataHERE
    www.youtube.com/dropdeadsykes21
    Thanks to Flak for my SGE

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: KingMerls

why would they call it a season pass when it containd every dlc.... hmmmm
    KingMerls
    G
    ears of war 1 1250
    G
    ears of war 2 1750
    G
    ears of war 3 2000
    Gears of war Judgment 1200

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: gold3n gear PSN ID: xxelitethugxx

+1, spoiler anvil gate book do not talk much about Baird, or can it be Prescott ?
    if you read the book he is kinda cool character.
    Last edited by gold3n gear; 05-22-2012 at 07:11 AM.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: vSully

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Tuna View Post
    I wouldn't get my hopes up as the Season Pass gave us A LOT of content. I'm not against the idea though, as we all want more Gears!
    Did it?

With the season pass, you get:

17 multiplayer skins, several of which were rehashes of limited edition skins
    15 maps, 5 of which were given to everyone for free
    12 weapon skins (some had to be unlocked)
    4 horde fortification upgrades (two new fortifications and two further upgrades to existing fortifications)
    A new campaign chapter
    The "Re-up" system
    The Guardian gametype
    21 achievements worth 1k gamerscore

Is this enough to warrant spending an additional $30, let alone enough to classify as "A LOT" of content?

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: HaSSaN aSSaSiN

I certainly hope there will be more DLC.
    He who will not risk cannot win.
    \\★//
    Proud sponsor of the more you know.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: tzrk

Cliff:
    Baird springs to mind.

I mean, we had a lot of background on Cole, Marcus and Dom during 3, but little to barely anything on out witty companion. And as one of the four members of Delta, I think he deserves it.
    The only other would be Clay.

Thanks for that.

I'm not sure about Bernie though. She was a key character in the novels and I wouldn't take her being in 3 anything more than a "guest appearence."
    Last edited by tzrk; 05-22-2012 at 10:46 AM.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: tzrk

Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    Did it?

With the season pass, you get:

17 multiplayer skins, several of which were rehashes of limited edition skins
    15 maps, 5 of which were given to everyone for free
    12 weapon skins (some had to be unlocked)
    4 horde fortification upgrades (two new fortifications and two further upgrades to existing fortifications)
    A new campaign chapter
    The "Re-up" system
    The Guardian gametype
    21 achievements worth 1k gamerscore

Is this enough to warrant spending an additional $30, let alone enough to classify as "A LOT" of content?
    That's more than what Gears 2 had, other than 19 maps instead of 17. But all the new characters/skins, the Horde fortifications and the Re-up system compensates for that.

And I believe we paid more for the Gears 2 DL content. Excluding the All Fronts Collection which was released after.
    Last edited by tzrk; 05-22-2012 at 10:48 AM.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: iCz IPRiNC3 Xz

it will most likely be about baird. if you only play the games then he is the least flushed out main character. out of the four from delta we actually know very very little about him. in 3 he is reduced dramatically just like cole (when they vanish for half the f****g game), but cole has practiacally a whole chapter around him.
    the only other main character has to be clay, who could give us some info on allll the carmines, which would be nice in a way, but ruin the whole purpose of putting a helmet on them and allowing us to imagine whatever we want

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: HaSSaN aSSaSiN

Quote Originally Posted by iCz.IPRiNC3.Xz View Post
    it will most likely be about baird. if you only play the games then he is the least flushed out main character. out of the four from delta we actually know very very little about him. in 3 he is reduced dramatically just like cole (when they vanish for half the f****g game), but cole has practiacally a whole chapter around him.
    the only other main character has to be clay, who could give us some info on allll the carmines, which would be nice in a way, but ruin the whole purpose of putting a helmet on them and allowing us to imagine whatever we want

This in my mind makes the most sense.
    He who will not risk cannot win.
    \\★//
    Proud sponsor of the more you know.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast