Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Legend.....wait for it....dary
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Meh PSN ID: Meh

Quote Originally Posted by Parasidian View Post
    Was he the one that played Toombs in The Chronicles of Riddick?
    Yes, thats him.
    I'll check in every now and again but for the most part, I won't be as active as I was previously. It really was the Gears + people that got me posting on here in the first place. Unless Epic release an awesome game or something. I'm leaving this message because I'm obviously a very, very important person.

Hope to see a lot of you on the BT Forums! - 11/02/2014 (lol)

Veteran

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Parasidian

Quote Originally Posted by SKORGE View Post
    Yes, thats him.
    Ah, i liked him in Riddick.
    "Wreck 'n' Rule!"
    @Parasidian Gearspedia Adminヽ(ಠ_ರೃ)ノ Operation Hijack(Done) Lt. Sid Artwork!!
    The New Padrick Salton for a Future Gears of War game/dlc Thread! SUPPORT!!
    Proclaimed: King of Epic's Art Dumpster,The Master of the Archives, Avatar Thread Gatekeeper...etc Ps. Just call me Sid.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Parasidian View Post
    Ah, i liked him in Riddick.
    Yeah, but I loved him in Tears of the Sun. He was a bad-ass.
    I'll check in every now and again but for the most part, I won't be as active as I was previously. It really was the Gears + people that got me posting on here in the first place. Unless Epic release an awesome game or something. I'm leaving this message because I'm obviously a very, very important person.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Ah damn my eyes just burnt out of my skull after reading the mere suggestion of john cena being in a gears film.
    Dom-inating since 2006

"Running away won't help! I'll just shoot you in your asses!" - Dominic Santiago to fleeing Sawn off shotgun users after they miss a shot.

Seriously...

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DarkRedScorpion

soooo..... the best list has been the one i jokingly made up?

marcus - vin diesel
    dom - robin williams
    baird - jim carey
    hoffman - r. lee ermey
    tai - the rock.....

i guess i can add to it.....

carmine (all 4) - ben stiller
    kim - stone cold
    raam - bill goldberg
    skorge - whoopi goldberg

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ZEROskater056

Quote Originally Posted by Bspencer View Post
    Though Meagan Good has the skin tone (and the looks) for Sam, I don't think her "Australian" accent will be that good.
    Sam is not black though, I think that Meagan Good would be a terrible choice. They look nothing a like at all.

Also Ice-T looks nothing like Griffin just because they are the same voice doesn't make him a good choice.

Other then that they are decent although I have seen better for some.
    The Carmines I am ignoring they would just be guys in armor with Micheal Gough doing the voices.
    |Carmine/Sam|_|Sniper|_|Longshot|

Anyone on here can send me a FR just let me know you're from the forums

Veteran

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Its Just Rave

Glad to see this is still going and it's a civilised discussion.

Personally, if a GoW movie was to happen, I would prefer it to be about a different squad etc on a different part of Sera. Maybe one or two cameo's / mentions via comms.

If you all keep adding suggestions to who you believe should play which characters I will populate the list with all (serious) suggestions. Also, I will add in new characters etc.

So, keep the discussion going and keep the ideas flowing.
    "Can't be what your not, shouldn't even try... Just take pride in what you are." - Bernadette Mataki
    Website
    Twitter

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Ant Heuser Kush

Quote Originally Posted by RaveOnLufc View Post
    Glad to see this is still going and it's a civilised discussion.

Personally, if a GoW movie was to happen, I would prefer it to be about a different squad etc on a different part of Sera. Maybe one or two cameo's / mentions via comms.

If you all keep adding suggestions to who you believe should play which characters I will populate the list with all (serious) suggestions. Also, I will add in new characters etc.

So, keep the discussion going and keep the ideas flowing.
    I left a link a few pages back with serious suggestions.

EGFC #274|Military Vets
    I was Over Seas fighting at War while you were playing the Beta.
    Thank you OScaveman, DanTheGamer11, iMisfitz, Flak, LuckyBacon and III LYCAN III for the codes.
    Forum Guide Rank Reset Forum Coding

Veteran

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by l BiN0CULARz l View Post
    I left a link a few pages back with serious suggestions.
    I saw the link, I'll check it out properly tomorrow when I update the thread.
    "Can't be what your not, shouldn't even try... Just take pride in what you are." - Bernadette Mataki
    Website
    Twitter

Boomshot

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hurricane Cat

I know Kate Beckinsale looks good for her age but she is 38. Maria would either be barely out of her teens or at the point where she doesn't look like Maria anymore.

Seriously...

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneCat View Post
    I know Kate Beckinsale looks good for her age but she is 38. Maria would either be barely out of her teens or at the point where she doesn't look like Maria anymore.
    depends when the movie takes place. during the events of gears 1, maria would be 35-36

Boomshot

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Kracker Kid View Post
    depends when the movie takes place. during the events of gears 1, maria would be 35-36
    Unless they focus on the stranded and her search for the kids you wouldn't even see her at that point though.

Seriously...

Gamer IDs

Unless they focus on the stranded and her search for the kids you wouldn't even see her at that point though.
    its hollywood, they HAVE to add the maria story and show her unfortunate death. why? because its a sad love story, and those get more ratings

Veteran

Gamer IDs

its hollywood, they HAVE to add the maria story and show her unfortunate death. why? because its a sad love story, and those get more ratings
    Even if they did re-make it... I don't think it would ever be as well as it was done in Gears 2... That moment of hope when Dom finally found his wife... and then for it all to be taken away... Amazing. Personally, it was a very memorable moment in video gaming story telling for me.
    Website
    Twitter

Gamer IDs

NOOOO!

Kate Backinsale for Maria or else!

She's a hottie!

Boomshot

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by RaveOnLufc View Post
    Even if they did re-make it... I don't think it would ever be as well as it was done in Gears 2... That moment of hope when Dom finally found his wife... and then for it all to be taken away... Amazing. Personally, it was a very memorable moment in video gaming story telling for me.
    I think if they did a film they would keep it like in the game. That way it would have more impact for those who hadnt played the games. If they showed Maria's side then it wouldn't hit as hard when Dom finally found her.

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: UIR Onyx Scott PSN ID: NI_Locust

Honestly im not that big on actors/actresses. I know the main ones, that's it haha

If Lester Speight is not the cole train then I don't want to live in this planet no more.

But I've given up hope for a gears movie :'(
    @Scott_Lyle93

Extremely Serious

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Rishy View Post
    Honestly im not that big on actors/actresses. I know the main ones, that's it haha

If Lester Speight is not the cole train then I don't want to live in this planet no more.

But I've given up hope for a gears movie :'(
    Same on all acounts except the last. I think it may happen... sometime... later. Maybe when Hollywood stops making re-boots?

Seriously...

Gamer IDs

I think if they did a film they would keep it like in the game. That way it would have more impact for those who hadnt played the games. If they showed Maria's side then it wouldn't hit as hard when Dom finally found her.
    showing maria's side CAN hit hard just as effectively. remember, she gets the sad points for disappearing to look for her dead children

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: UIR Onyx Scott PSN ID: NI_Locust

Quote Originally Posted by SKORGE View Post
    Same on all acounts except the last. I think it may happen... sometime... later. Maybe when Hollywood stops making re-boots?
    If it had the right backing and budget it could be a massive film. It has all the ingredients. One can only hope!
    @Scott_Lyle93

Extremely Serious

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: badboyjm10

soooo..... the best list has been the one i jokingly made up?

marcus - vin diesel
    dom - robin williams
    baird - jim carey
    hoffman - r. lee ermey
    tai - the rock.....

i guess i can add to it.....

carmine (all 4) - ben stiller
    kim - stone cold
    raam - bill goldberg
    skorge - whoopi goldberg
    I know your post was a joke but I actually like the rock as a wrestler/actor. But I don't think he could play anyone in this movie.
    Strafing > Wallbouncing

Thank you Lycan for the SK SGE AND Com Dom Codes . Seriously Lycan why are you so damn awesome?

Always stay Based Always stay positive.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Rishy View Post
    If it had the right backing and budget it could be a massive film. It has all the ingredients. One can only hope!
    If we truely want a good Gears movie with true intentions behind it... we might have to stick with a CGI version rather than a live-action one.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: JAVELIN FANGZZ

horrible cast...john travolta as the lead in three gears of war movies?
    I'll walk up to your bedside in disguise with red eyes

Seriously...

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Based Badboy View Post
    I know your post was a joke but I actually like the rock as a wrestler/actor. But I don't think he could play anyone in this movie.
    i only included him because for some strange reason, a lot of people suggested him for....... DOM.....

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: PATRICK KERR1 PSN ID: PATRICKKERR1

After watching the Avengers I felt like Hollywood finally got it right with the comic book style movies, I say comic book style but I feel videogames fall into that category as well.

The Avengers showed me that they could finally get the CGI working where it didn’t have that fake powdery look to them (I’ll use the movie 300 as an example) That is not a slam against 300 BTW as I think it’s a fantastic movie.

It also showed me that newer unknown actors work with certain characters as well, the actor that played Thor is a great example.
    They also pulled of a great, well written story, so where am I going with this?

I don’t think necessarily that a well-known actor has to be chosen for each character; in my opinion 90- 95 percent of the actors listed in the original post are too old or the wrong shape to play those parts.
    John Travolta as an example, Marcus is in his early to mid-thirties tops, John Travolta is almost sixty.
    Not only that, he doesn’t even remotely have the kind of build an actor would need to play Marcus.

I’m not saying you need wrestlers to play the parts but you need actors that are a decent size and can bulk up if need be, as an example going back to 300, look how great Gerard Butler looked, why not someone like him for Marcus? He has the size and is more age appropriate.

Another route I wouldn’t mind them exploring goes back to CGI, they have gotten it looking pretty good lately, why not a realistic looking CGI film with all the original voice actors playing their own parts?

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ZEROskater056

I don't think Kate Beckinsale looks anything like Maria, she is a great actress but I don't think she would fit the part.

(Forgot to mention that in my first post.)
    |Carmine/Sam|_|Sniper|_|Longshot|

Anyone on here can send me a FR just let me know you're from the forums

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: LEGI0N47

A lot of those are excellent and many of them cracked me up. I can't see Travolta as Marcus. I'd prefeer some no-name than someone with a big name. In fact i'd prefeer that with most of the people. When you have a bunch of big names people focus too much on them instead of the movie itself.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: PATRICK KERR1 PSN ID: PATRICKKERR1

Quote Originally Posted by LEGI0N47 View Post
    A lot of those are excellent and many of them cracked me up. I can't see Travolta as Marcus. I'd prefeer some no-name than someone with a big name. In fact i'd prefeer that with most of the people. When you have a bunch of big names people focus too much on them instead of the movie itself.
    This is kind of along the lines of what I was saying, an all-star cast means a huge budget going towards paying actors, Iĺd much rather see a 100 million dollar budget go more towards productions values than some Hollywood fat cat actor.

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Terra D Serph PSN ID: Terra_D_Serph

Paul Walker as Carmine A/B/COG Gear. He's got the "I'm not at strong as you" look down, and then idk...

Lester Speight as Cole, if he wanted to star. I honestly couldn't see anyone else suited for that role.

Griffin...gah if only Ice T wasn't so short and chubbs... his voice for that character is awesome, and it's based off of him..but he's not tall enough! D:<

Anyone know a average-height bald asian for Kim. It's a short role, so it's not like he's gotta be the best actor in the world.

You guys have to consider, having too many high-end actors causes not only the movie to be more expensive, but you get this "Avengers" syndrome, where everyone's gotta have a lot of face-time, because face-time=denero. Maybe 3-4 really good actors(Hoffman/Prescott as a good one, Marcus and another as one), a couple somewhat heard-of actors, and then a few fresh faces.

You also have to consider makeup and computer-generated graphics. You don't want the entire movie to be Humans vs computer-generated blechs, because idk if you guys have ever watched the SyFy channel, but half of their movies are composed of bad acting mainly due to everything being done on a green screen(and they're just bad actors). You need a solid monster-makeup artist, as well as a solid cg team to make up for some details that are just too difficult to add in.

Then there's the directors. Directors like Shamylamylammalamma will probably ruin the movie(sorry, but it's true, Avatar: The Last Airbender was a complete flop), while directors like Spielberg may do a good job, but in the end flop out because they spent too much time on a certain part, or they spent too much time or not enough time working at the right stage.

It takes more than just actors, guys. You need a director who's willing to do the job, as well as actors who are willing to act, as well as a good makeup team, and then on top of that, you need to think about budget. How long will it take? How much do we have to put into makeup? How much do we have to put into cg? How much do we have to pay the studio? What about the soundtrack? What about high-end actors? What about the director's cut(of the check)?

Sorry if I started ranting, but I find these threads to be completely narrow minded on these topics. "Oh I want a movie! Let's pick out actors!" Fantasizing is nice, but if you're going to be serious about this, you need to think of everything, not just the best of the best.
    Imagine if OverRun was placed as a PC standalone game.
    Also, Thrashball should be a professional E-sport.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DPikachuZX

Jason Scott Lee as Kim looked pretty genuine to me.

If a Gears movie was ever made. I'd hope that it wouldn't follow Delta. I've seen their story, I don't wanna see a different movie-fied version of it. I think the reasons video game movies fail is because they either try to follow the story but fail or take in a different direction and fail.

Gears has what it takes to be a good movie. It's not too sci fi to warrant tech babble and a huge boring backstory on who they're fighting. They're just big dudes trying to fight unknown creatures that've taken over their world. Too bad I doubt we'll ever see anything and maybe it's for the best ^-^
    Personal Gears Theme ^-^
    Sky Might Fall ~Kid Cudi

Much Appreciation to General_RAAM for his contest allowing me to win Green Skins

Truth Right Here:
    Quote Originally Posted by Theron Baird View Post
    The moment you realize they just announced a new game and people is already making lists to cut it.

Boomshot

Gamer IDs

I feel the need to point out that threads started by Rave are rarely to be taken seriously and are pretty much all intended as fun conversation. We're just throwing round ideas and opinions, it's not like we actually expect anything to come of it.

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Terra D Serph PSN ID: Terra_D_Serph

I feel the need to point out that threads started by Rave are rarely to be taken seriously and are pretty much all intended as fun conversation. We're just throwing round ideas and opinions, it's not like we actually expect anything to come of it.
    Same thing could be said for my threads, and yet I almost always go all out with it.
    Imagine if OverRun was placed as a PC standalone game.
    Also, Thrashball should be a professional E-sport.

If this was real Why wouldn't they have the person who voices jace play jace? His name is like michael b Jordan & not only is he a real actor he looks just like jace.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Sleeveless Man

John Travolta needs to go. And for some reason, I think I'd want Beckinsale as Anya..

I think you'd need a Hispanic actress for Maria, as it's be a little strange if she wasn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominic Santiago View Post
    Look, a Scorcher. Ben would've liked this. That kid really loved fire.
    Support a new Locust, Bolter, for Gears 3 MP! Click Here!

Boomshot

Gamer IDs

what about Rhys Ifans for baird?
    He'd be funny as hell but he's sooooo skinny. I doubt he could bulk up enough to pass for a gear, his frame is too small.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Contact Shotz

I always thought Ron pearlman would be good in the Marcus fenix role... just my opinion

Seriously...

Gamer IDs

He'd be funny as hell but he's sooooo skinny. I doubt he could bulk up enough to pass for a gear, his frame is too small.
    baird isnt that buff, but any muscles can be added with a rubber suit, or even built into the armor costume itself!

I'm so glad this cast list was apparently proven as a fake.

Just weeks after Cliffy B says he wanted Gears to be less of Joel Schumacher's Batman and instead more of Chris Nolan's, it would be really ironic for him to post this cast list.

John Travolta picked up a lot of steam because he had a picture of himself with a do-rag on. For some reason, people like to grab on to actors because of pictures like that, or because of simple qualities like hair color, nationality, etc. People forget that actors can have a lot done to themselves to match the appearance of a character. Baird actors don't need to be blond, Marcus actors don't need to have a scar down their faces, COG actors in general don't need to be ripped when they're cast.

They can do add all of that before/during production. Look at Tom Hardy prepping for Bane. He tacked on an immense amount of muscle, and went from a scrawny little pretty boy to a terrifying behemoth within a few months.
    COG Lineup: Tai/Bernie/Recruit Clayton/Alicia
    Locust Lineup: Hunter/Savage Marauder/Kantus/General RAAM.

Thanks SO MUCH to MAsHP0TT for the Adam Fenix code and Cher for the Young Dom code! They were awesome surprise gifts for mah lady!

Seriously...

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Jim Tuna

After what they made Chris Evans look like in Captain America, pretty much anyone could play these characters. We don't need wrestlers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkio View Post
    Sorry, but really? That Jim Tuna guy is a reaper? Dude does nothing but spam the forums I have yet to come across one non spammy post from him. There are other users who are more active and contribute a lot of information/ help threads off their own initiative- they are more deserving of this opportunity. Apparently you can report spam and spam is frowned upon but here EPIC are, rewarding the spammers.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast