Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ShadowLord xXx

Default Other possible Gears titles

So, last night a friend and I were playing some Minecraft Xbox 360 version and a couple of hours into it I came out up with this brilliant idea. And I was telling him that the Locust came from somewhere else before coming down to Sera and I told him that there should be a wide explanation of their origins and maybe we could get an idea of what their people were like. Not just the Locust we saw in Gears 1, 2, and 3, but the ones who farmers , educators, parents, children and so on. Now this could easily span over three games and I was thinking that Epic could show us everyone's beginnings on the human side and go back and forth and have the last game end just before Gears 1. This is all depends on the fan feedback and demand and I know they could do it.

Iron Guard

Locusts are the offspring from poisoned humans (sires) not going to happen dude

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TwoMINIFamily

It's not going to happen. EPIC has moved on from the Gears world and isn't interested in going any further with it.
    THANKS EPIC FOR LOSING A FAN! RIP: Horde You will be missed

XBox Live GT: TwoMINIFamily
    Follow Me On Twitter: @TwoMINIFamily

Banned

Hate to be rude or mean but No. Epic won't be making any more Gears of war related games. MAYBE DLC, but that is the closest we will get to Gears of war content. Sorry but it is the truth.

Iron Guard

Quote Originally Posted by DarkNinja View Post
    Hate to be rude or mean but No. Epic won't be making any more Gears of war related games. MAYBE DLC, but that is the closest we will get to Gears of war content. Sorry but it is the truth.
    Hopefully more books because I have enjoyed all 5 of them but it's finished and a prequel is pointless unless its an eday game! Highly unlikely but u never know in this world

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: jamieBAWSOOT

Gears in Space!

Called it.
    Epic Forums, before I go, I just want to tell you... You were fantastic. Absolutely fantastic. And do you know what?

So was I

Quote Originally Posted by Silky Moose View Post
    And I was telling him that the Locust came from somewhere else before coming down to Sera and I told him that there should be a wide explanation of their origins and maybe we could get an idea of what their people were like. .

They didn't come down fom anywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyMcClure View Post
    Nice Find. It was a legit bug and fixed in the retail version today.

So once Gears 3 releases, when you use the torque, take a bit of pride in knowing you helped make it better

Seriously...

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Jim Tuna

People keep talking about a prequel to Gears, but I would much rather go into the future with a new enemy altogether possibly.

Or maybe some Locust didn't die and they are rebuilding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkio View Post
    Sorry, but really? That Jim Tuna guy is a reaper? Dude does nothing but spam the forums I have yet to come across one non spammy post from him. There are other users who are more active and contribute a lot of information/ help threads off their own initiative- they are more deserving of this opportunity. Apparently you can report spam and spam is frowned upon but here EPIC are, rewarding the spammers.

Marrow Fiend

Fort Qu'Appelle Saskatchewan——Wishing he can play as a Lambent Drone :(
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: LambentHammerB

Actually Epic has said they'd like to take Gears into a whole new direction.
    This doesn't actually mean they WILL do another game, but they are in the business of making money. So think it can be safe to say we will see a Gears RELATED game sometime.
    Afterall they were working on another GoW game they cancelled (Exile).
    GT: LambentHammerB -- Trololol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6Yjkzmleoc -- Twitter: LambentHammerB
    ||| LYCAN ||| - Commando Dom -- NFI - Savage Grenadier Elite -- Beezy8869 - Adam Fenix -- Genoo - Infected Omen -- Autopsychotic - Golden Lancer -- CallMeHost -- Golden Hammerburst -- Cher - Cole Plushie
    Flak -- MechanicBaird/Savage Kantus/Launch Skin Collection/Beta Tester T-Shirt/Stickers
    PopeAdrian37th
    - Jungle Tai/Aftermath Baird/Neon Armor -- BrainDeadDan - Brisk Skin Pack -- Richardson94 - Lambent Skin -- Parasidian - Young Dom -- GzB - Anya --DraconianBriana - Early Access -- CrypticAshes -- Team Metal

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: JBIVZ

Gears in space = Halo
    I would like to know about the locust origin though.
    Think of being the unlucky locust that has to fertalize a berserker

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xxSHRPSHOOTERxy

I think it's a conspiracy, I don't think Exile has been cancelled, I think they're just saying that to stop us thinking about it and then BAM, there it is, on the store shelves

MSgt. Shooter Person

I.M.O an exciting title would be either a Gears of War : Emergence Day or something like Gears of War : Hollow. Maybe Uprising or Eruption?

Would have dual story between Locust and humans (with RAAM & maybe Skorge as characters). Start as the Locust underground fending off Lambent, then breaking out on E-Day where the human campaign kicks in. You then alternate between the main human protagonist and various Locust species (Including RAAM).

Quote Originally Posted by LambentHammerburst View Post
    Actually Epic has said they'd like to take Gears into a whole new direction.
    This doesn't actually mean they WILL do another game, but they are in the business of making money. So think it can be safe to say we will see a Gears RELATED game sometime.
    Afterall they were working on another GoW game they cancelled (Exile).
    Which was an on rails shooter firmly in the current gears universe, not much of a change of direction.

So once Gears 3 releases, when you use the torque, take a bit of pride in knowing you helped make it better

Marrow Fiend

Fort Qu'Appelle Saskatchewan——Wishing he can play as a Lambent Drone :(
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: LambentHammerB

Quote Originally Posted by NFI View Post
    Which was an on rails shooter firmly in the current gears universe, not much of a change of direction.
    Pretty much yeah and why it was likely cancelled. It would of been a rehash of already told events. It'd be like them releasing the 3 games but instead of it being a TPS - it being a FPS. Not really worth it.
    Due to how they did the story, especially with the books and comics - they pretty much covered the entire Locust era. They limited themselves to Pendulum Wars or a whole new story.

Pendulum Wars is the easiest route to go as it lasted 79 years and the books/comics only covered the stories towards the end. It was a element that was added to Gears for depth, however the idea of it has greatly expanded and is now something people want to see.
    The issue with this is people would then complain "OMG IT'S NOT GEARS! THERE'S NO LOCUST!!!"
    Which I agree with. They'd almost have to make 2 campaigns.
    I've suggested a Pendulum War game - but have individual chapters/acts called "Untold Stories" in which would let players experience events that were only referenced or were comics/books only. These could cover the Locust need. Campaign being P-Era. Missions - Post E-Day.
    GT: LambentHammerB -- Trololol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6Yjkzmleoc -- Twitter: LambentHammerB
    ||| LYCAN ||| - Commando Dom -- NFI - Savage Grenadier Elite -- Beezy8869 - Adam Fenix -- Genoo - Infected Omen -- Autopsychotic - Golden Lancer -- CallMeHost -- Golden Hammerburst -- Cher - Cole Plushie
    Flak -- MechanicBaird/Savage Kantus/Launch Skin Collection/Beta Tester T-Shirt/Stickers
    PopeAdrian37th
    - Jungle Tai/Aftermath Baird/Neon Armor -- BrainDeadDan - Brisk Skin Pack -- Richardson94 - Lambent Skin -- Parasidian - Young Dom -- GzB - Anya --DraconianBriana - Early Access -- CrypticAshes -- Team Metal

Quote Originally Posted by LambentHammerburst View Post

Pendulum Wars is the easiest route to go as it lasted 79 years and the books/comics only covered the stories towards the end. It was a element that was added to Gears for depth, however the idea of it has greatly expanded and is now something people want to see.
    The issue with this is people would then complain "OMG IT'S NOT GEARS! THERE'S NO LOCUST!!!"
    I for one disagree. The pendulum wars are in my opinion irrelevant to the gears of war story arc aside from as you said depth. I'd much rather see E day events up to around the time of gears 1. Nothing Pendulum War based. I want to see when the locust emerged. It would also allow Epic to keep main protagonists involved, I know they talk about ending Deltas story. That doesn't mean it's the last of delta we wil see if the series continues. It needs to start as well. Marcus has become an icon of sorts. I won't rule out his appearance next gen, in a prequel game based around Eday.

As we say, Gears is humans vs locust. Keep the human v human political jargon out of the series, otherwise just start a whole new side series without the gears name.
    Last edited by NFI; 05-16-2012 at 10:52 PM.

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: GRUB FOOD

i always thought of a cool idea that could take place after the events of the third game where hypothetically all the remaining locust were not killed and they had to be integrated into human society

i was gonna call it Gears of War: After Dawn

more of a book idea than a game idea but i thought they could do something cool with it, show the racism towards the locust refugees

Quote Originally Posted by SalamiPistol View Post
    i always thought of a cool idea that could take place after the events of the third game where hypothetically all the remaining locust were not killed and they had to be integrated into human society

more of a book idea than a game idea but i thought they could do something cool with it, show the racism towards the locust refugees

No thanks.
    Last edited by NFI; 05-16-2012 at 11:04 PM.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: KAWMIK 714

Man I hope this isnt the last Gears game man... I love Gears... I have never loved a game more that the entire Gears of War Franchise.... Well maybe Super Mario World for Super Nintendo... haha but yeah I love Gears
    Kawmik 714 Beasting Gears since '06

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

No thanks.

thanks for your input i guess?????......................

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Fade To Bacon

It's done. The Locust and Lambent are dead. No mas. Epic have already said this.

thanks for your input i guess?????......................
    The locust are history. Not to mention if they weren't, I'm not sure remaining humans would be big on refugees considering what just happened, least of all Delta Squad. And they said they aren't extending the post gears story line. Hypothetically - If they do, and they really can't, it better be something exceptional, No offense but this isn't very interesting.

Anything forward as to be a prequel of sorts. Cliff even said it.
    Last edited by NFI; 05-16-2012 at 11:11 PM.

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

The locust are history. Not to mention if they weren't, I'm not sure remaining humans would be big on refugees considering what just happened, least of all Delta Squad. And they said they aren't extending the post gears story line. If they do, it needs it be something exceotional, No offense but this isn't a good idea.

fair points, in all honestly i had just seen the movie District 9 at the time and kinda wanted to make a GOW version lmao

Quote Originally Posted by ChocolateBacon View Post
    It's done. The Locust and Lambent are dead. No mas. Epic have already said this.
    fair points, in all honestly i had just seen the movie District 9 at the time and kinda wanted to make a GOW version lmao
    District 9 was tremendous. Won't work here. Two totally different situations.

Gears wouldn't be Gears without the Locust, so an E-Day prequel seems the most viable option. Good thing about that is, the Locust may have been using different monsters during the earlier days of the war, and the COG, with more resources available may have had access to different weapons and vehicles. And it doesn't even have to be set solely in Tyrus focusing on the COG either, there's scope for other nations/countries to be shown, and who knows? Maybe even the UIR battling the grubs? So it's a possibility rich scenario.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CI2IMSON HOOP PSN ID: maumau435

I hope that they are NOT done making Gears games. I read they are done making Marcus Fenix Gears games.
    Quote Originally Posted by III HOOP III View Post
    You need a laggier connection.
    [urlhttp://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3319537656][/url]

watch as they do something really unexpected...

For all we know Griffin could come back with an army of Stranded and wage war on the Cog for destroying all the Imulsion he was drilling for, and We have to gun him down in a Ghost Recon style tactical squad based 1st person shooter.
    CARMINE'S BACON
    "...I'll give you a side of bacon for her though"
    "Hey,take the deal Cole I haven't had bacon in six months!"
    "Where's the bacon?"
    "OooH bacon!"

Quote Originally Posted by Carmine's Bacon View Post
    watch as they do something really unexpected...

For all we know Griffin could come back with an army of Stranded and wage war on the Cog for destroying all the Imulsion he was drilling for, and We have to gun him down in a Ghost Recon style tactical squad based 1st person shooter.
    Never going to happen, lol. Ever.

Iron Guard

If any gears game is next on Epics list it has to be a prequel game during the timeline of eday! Any game after gears 3 is never going to happen if u have read the books especially the slab u will know everything about lambency and u will know the locust are now extinct! It's over the locust are dead! An eday game is all that's left and what a game it would be if Epic get it right

Gears 4 won't happen and if it does man they will need one hell of a story to bring the locust back

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ManicRaider

Gears of War Kart. Power-ups include;

Frag - Throw a frag in front or behind you and it explodes.

Digger - Seeks out the closest Kart in front of you and crashes it

Boomshield armor - Encases Kart in multiple boomshields

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: OverPoweredSoap

Quote Originally Posted by ManicRaider View Post
    Gears of War Kart. Power-ups include;

Frag - Throw a frag in front or behind you and it explodes.

Digger - Seeks out the closest Kart in front of you and crashes it

Boomshield armor - Encases Kart in multiple boomshields
    God, I would so play this! xD
    Quote Originally Posted by U wot m8 View Post
    No.Go make me a sandwich
    Quote Originally Posted by xXxIncisionxXx View Post
    No. But I am ordering dominos. Want some?

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheEternalKira

Quote Originally Posted by TwoMINIFamily View Post
    It's not going to happen. EPIC has moved on from the Gears world and isn't interested in going any further with it.
    Never been said.

Never been said.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterion Rises View Post
    Hopefully more books because I have enjoyed all 5 of them but it's finished and a prequel is pointless unless its an eday game! Highly unlikely but u never know in this world
    E-Day is the most likely in my opinion..
    (Formerly rebeltrooper123) "You want me to give you a code, AND ADD YOU?!?!? Who do you think I am, Jesus?!?!?" -Tkavil3

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: F N CRASH

Ashpo Fields, E-Day, Myrrah's start as queen, those are storys I would love to see more off!

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Bomber4237

its called GOW judgement people dont you watch E3

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: osowanted PSN ID: osowanted

Quote Originally Posted by GearsKraZY View Post
    its called GOW judgement people dont you watch E3
    Read the titolo
    Besides that I would like to see from a whole diffrent squads view from gears 1 like delta 2 with dom and well having well rojas and baird and cole in it
    Thanks to CallMeHost for the Golden Hammerburst code!
    Thank you to NFI for the Mechanic Baird
    !
    Thank you Cher, Zap, and DarkAp for choosing me hope you all had a awesome Christmas!

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Perkinator 2001

Gears 29 the Minh young Kim chronicales lol that could be a game (credit to whoever came up with the idea)