Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Holmesl92

Default 10, or so, quick things to fix Gears 3

This is a quick list of fixes that I believe HAVE to happen, in order for Gears 3 to not suck a long one, like it currently does.

Incendiary grenade's hitbox must not be where you were standing pre-evade, it must be where you land.
    Alternate control's temperamental bounce distance.
    The incessant sponging, regardless of host or ping.
    Savage Kantus' ability to sponge copious amounts of bullets.
    The ridiculous lag/dedicated servers debacle.
    Reduced shotgun spread post-evade
    No bots roadie running backwards or sideways
    Reduce bot's tendency to melee
    Melee does no damage.

Also just some extra info, I'm 19 y/o, rank 180, kd roughly 2.9, I play on alternate button layout (and love it), mostly play quick tdm or KOTH because I don't have a team with whom I can play ranked. I think Gears 2 is much better than Gears 3 and I think the retro is absolutely ridiculous, but I doubt they would dare take it out, because they want to make the game accessible to noobs.

Thanks for reading, please comment with any suggestions or points, I will probably reply to all of them.
    Louis

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Fade To Bacon

I don't wanna sound rude here, but I honestly hope you're joking with half of these suggestions.
    Quote Originally Posted by LoGx Heaven View Post
    Team Essence will try to be at the next Hypefestation!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranethar View Post
    This is really good for the community, now no one has the fear of coming last! Should get lots more teams now.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

why? please explain

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xxSHRPSHOOTERxy

1. rolling/evading in general is a big problem, think they're looking into it.
    2. don't use alternate, so can't say.
    3. people are always going to sponge, it can't be fixed because of host and ping.
    4. savage kantus has a smaller hitbox than (i think) all other models, throw that in with (see above) and there's your problem.
    5. dedicated are in ranked, play ranked for no host. lag only happens in QM when that match is on P2P.
    6. don't know what your talking about.
    7. bots have done that since the beginning of Gears 2, it isn't an issue so won't be changed.
    8. again, not a problem, isn't game breaking, bots have always meleed, you should be used to it by now.
    9. again never encountered this unless they still have spawn protection or are in the process of being downed, when they are (both times) invincible.

/ thread.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

thanks for the reply. well I played a LAN 1v1 with my friend and we both sponged plenty, in my opinion it seems like the hit boxes are often unreliable when wall bouncing or when coming off cover round a corner.
    I know of the hit box size difference due to character but I think you know it's a problem when people in competitions are banned from using that character because everyone knows of it's spongey nature.
    I've played a lot of ranked tdm and still get sponged a fair bit, or rubber banded.
    With regards to 6, after you evade, if you shoot your shotgun, the bullet spread is much wider than normal, which just seems stupid.
    I know the bots melee a lot, the fact that it's been going a long time doesn't make it right.
    And they shouldn't run backwards because it's just stupid, gamebreaking or not that's just ridiculous and unsporting.
    Well Then I must say you are very lucky, I get melee'd by people during gnasher battles plenty, and it pisses me off to no avail. The whack and shoot move from gears 2 was necessary due to horrible lag, but the people doing it in gears 3 should go to hell.
    Thanks again, Louis

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xxSHRPSHOOTERxy

see what you mean by 9 now, i got the wrong side of the cake, yeah two piecing was a problem but it's much better in 3 now. wallbouncing is forcing lag upon your hitbox, which is why it's so effective. bots i honestly don't have a problem with and it doesn't affect the game state at all. the only thing wrong with bots is their sheer unpredictability, which is what makes them funny

Banned
    Gamer IDs

But I don't think it should lag the hitbox, if people can fire while evading then they should get the kill. Yes thats true, there's nothing like walking up to a bot looking the other way, then it suddenly doing a 360 and sawed off-ing you haha

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

The bots and no melee damage. Really?

And don't you think if it was "Quick things to fix" the sponging would have been fixed years ago? Fact is, they can't simply *fix* sponging. Your connection and the other player's connection plays a big role in it.
    This is really good for the community, now no one has the fear of coming last! Should get lots more teams now.

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ll ALEX76 ll

1. Retro Lancer in general.
    2. Ink stun
    3. Mantle kick in general.
    4. Frags radius.
    5. Active Lancer damage - too high.
    6. Gnasher spread - should be same for hard aim, pop shot and hip fire.
    7. Gnasher range - need decreasing.
    8. Overall damage from riffles - look #7.
    9. Evading is completely broken in all aspects.
    10. Matchmaking.
    It's 10 but I can provide much more.
    Getting old

Banned
    Gamer IDs

I agree with you about the lancer and retro, but I would bet money on the fact that they'll never change them or take the retro out.
    2. yes the Ink stun is outrageously large/broken, like when you're 5ft away from the gren.
    3. take out the mantle kick, managed well enough in gow 1/2, no one gets kicked anymore because it's too blatant a tactic.
    I absolutely love the hammerburst so I don't think it's overpowered, and I never feel I've had a cheap death if someone kills me with it.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

I realise that obviously they would have to change vast quantities of coding, but if other devs make non sponging games, the. why can't one of the biggest dev companies do it. Also I get sponged on 1v1s against my roommate and in ranked, so I refuse to believe connection is all to blame

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Holmesy View Post
    I realise that obviously they would have to change vast quantities of coding, but if other devs make non sponging games, the. why can't one of the biggest dev companies do it. Also I get sponged on 1v1s against my roommate and in ranked, so I refuse to believe connection is all to blame
    Other games do have sponging -- it's called your bullets going right through the person. Happens to me all the time when I play Call of Duty. But you don't really notice it because in those games, the guns kill extremely fast -- typically 1-3 seconds.

And you're making it sound like "go code this and it'll be fine." Don't you think if it was that easy, sponging would have been fixed years ago? Why do you think at LAN events sponging is almost non-existent? Because everyone is on an even connection.

Yes, connection does play a big part in sponging.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

I dont notice it in cod or bf3 because it's rare, my shots hit.whereas on gears, you will get 3 or 4 sponges a game, even on private. Maybe it's just me accepting to refuse how gears works, but I've played it since gears 2 launch and I prefer the gears 2 lag

Banned

Only thing I think is wrong with the bots is there ability to change guns so quickly, half the time I don't notice. and when they melee you, its funny how I can never get my camera angle to line up on them quicker then it takes for them to change there weapon, melee me again, and sawed off me. but like everything else in anygame, I am aware of that situation, so I avoid it as much as possible to the point where it barely effects me anymore. hence, why I've never complained about it till now.
    Last edited by A2T of WA2; 06-01-2012 at 11:53 PM.

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: UnDeAdxRival

I believe that most of the problems we face are due to lag, such as retrolancer power and nades killing you from a mile away. So if there was somehow a way were epic could go back to the beta's matchmaking connections i would be in heaven.

I also believe a roadie run shoulder bash would be awsome in the since of creating space in tight situations. I think it would be awsome to hit an opponent and force them into a roll doing no damage, but just giving one person a chance to create an opening for an escape when crowded by five enemies. It also wouldnt be unfair since your most open to damage in roadie run with no offensive capabilities.
    Can You Please Fix The Lag???????

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: wutthedeuce87

Inks would be useless if not for the stun, considering the lack of area the ink covers. Evade before it hits and you wont get stunned. Lancer actives are perfect, I mean have you used a lancer not active? Its terribly weak and useless. I do agree with the decreasing of the Gnasher's range, its ridiculous.

MSgt. Shooter Person

r u joking sir no 4 real with all due respect sir that is kinda dumb
    THANKS Xx tOrqu3 vT3c xX FORTHE JUNGLE TAI
    YOUNG MARCUS ^_^ I GOT YOU
    CLASSIC HAMMERBURST I GOT YOU

​LAMBET SKIN I GOT YOU, WEB SKIN I GOT YOU,PAINTBALL IG OT YOU