Default Wall-walking system needed

[ON HOLD] - This requirement has been suspended till we resume production at a later date.

Hello,
    We are a group of Student working on a University Project and as Game Designers - we have hit a roadblock where I (the so-called programmer of the project) has failed to make a working Wall Walking system.
    This is where we would need a professional programmer skilled in Unrealscript, Pawn & Vector-math.
    The system should work almost identical to this video :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcomluMivVU
    (source script available in the video description)

Similar to it, atleast in functionality - since for prototyping, it was good enough and most of our level design has been tuned to accommodate it.
    The two main things broken about this script is the MouseLook, it jitters a lot when it is walking on the walls & doesn't orient the third person mesh properly.

So primarily, we need you to either fix this system or deliver a system which has:

- Robust Mouselook
    - Pawn Mesh Orientation along the normal on the surface (For FPS & TPS view)
    - Works in Multiplayer/Co-op modes by replication
    - Possibility to reposition the gun position (bring it in the middle or Zoom/Aim-down)
    - Possibility to toggle between FPS & TPS mode

We dont mind if you use this script as your base or make your own from scratch - we would prefer anything that works robustly and can be delivered quickly.

The EXACT specs of the behavior (and descriptions of the problems we are facing) will be provided once we know you are available and would be able to do the job (and if we can afford you time or money wise).

PM/email me your quote for time/money or any questions.
    My email ID is arabhuzaifa@gmail.com also, let us know your payment method.
    BTW, we are using the Jan 2012 version of UDK - if that matters.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Harab; 05-29-2012 at 02:33 PM. Reason: Put on Hold

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: houghtob1234

And I have absolutely no advice for you.
    I believe that if more people tried Blender in game development, it would also rise rather fast as a competitor to Maya and 3ds Max.

Redeemer

The source provided from the video is lacking something?
    Kris Redbeard
    GROUND BRANCH
    Mature Classic Tactical First Person Shooter
    Rule #11: Always cheat, always win. The only unfair fight is the one you lose.

If you want it to be "exactly like the video" - then maybe you should use the source code from the person who made that video.

//////////////////////////////////////
    // /Development/Src/<Game>/Classes/MyPlayerController.uc
    //
    // A player controller that allows the player to switch to crawling mode,
    // allowing him to climb walls and roofs
    //
    // Demo video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcomluMivVU
    //
    // Disclaimer : I did not write all the code myself as I picked different parts on forums and others sources.
    // (I believe most of it came from http://forums.epicgames.com/showpost...8&postcount=10)
    // Bugs : This is an unfinished prototyping version developped with the August 2010 version of the UDK
    // The main problem is the pawn model rotation that does not work with modern versions of the UDK (see line 191)

OK, sorry for the delay guys - the notifications were being sent to an alternate email-id.
    As of now - this requirement has been put on hold till we resume production at a later date.
    We shall be showcasing the concept to our jury using the 'buggy' version which is 'good enough'.

Quote Originally Posted by TKBS View Post
    If you want it to be "exactly like the video" - then maybe you should use the source code from the person who made that video.

//////////////////////////////////////
    // /Development/Src/<Game>/Classes/MyPlayerController.uc
    //
    // A player controller that allows the player to switch to crawling mode,
    // allowing him to climb walls and roofs
    //
    // Demo video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcomluMivVU
    //
    // Disclaimer : I did not write all the code myself as I picked different parts on forums and others sources.
    // (I believe most of it came from http://forums.epicgames.com/showpost...8&postcount=10)
    // Bugs : This is an unfinished prototyping version developped with the August 2010 version of the UDK
    // The main problem is the pawn model rotation that does not work with modern versions of the UDK (see line 191)
    &

Quote Originally Posted by slowJusko View Post
    The source provided from the video is lacking something?
    @TKBS & slowjusko : We prototyped our level design using the same code and now we need our ownWell, It should work 'like' the system without the flaws of it that have been listed : mainly the third person mesh orientation, gimbals lock, camera/mouse-look jitter etc.

Quote Originally Posted by houghtob123 View Post
    And I have absolutely no advice for you.
    I fail to comprehend your apathy - unless its this complaint veterans have about newbies asking for a wall-walking system thrice every week. In which case, At-least I tried a lot & I am ready to pay to get it done.