Register

Welcome to the Epic Games Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blademaster

Quote Originally Posted by =Silver= View Post
    Sorry, my bad, let's clear things up

We can't buy directly any gem, the only ways we can get them are:

- Rewards through the game
    - Chests and wheels
    - Forge

The issue is in whether we can equip them or just sell/forge. Currently we can equip only hex gems. I suggest to allow equipping more: round and square gems.

My argument is that it'll allow to increase the "joy output" from the gem forging system without any visible impact on a difficulty balance.
    Well using round gems to allow for increased attack or magic will certainly take away from the difficulty balance. Especially from the first few NG's.

Quote Originally Posted by grantnoe View Post
    Well using round gems to allow for increased attack or magic will certainly take away from the difficulty balance. Especially from the first few NG's.
    1. You've got only 5 RBs. I never had a stats gem more than 70 pts until now (NG14). Even if you manage to forge it, it'll be a little reward to use it for 1 (more rarely for 2) RBs. Much more streangth gives you a big chest, when it gives you a kurtz +290 and 2 RBs ahead. But it punishes you with low money until the end of NG. All balanced. Remember you are not allowed to buy it, and "game gifts" are so scarce at first 5 RBs

2. Even if when I'm totally wrong in p.1, all this maybe of some measurable importance until NG15-20. Even now, I have ~1400 in attack skill, so even +150 attack gem will not make a big difference. Just nice compliment

3. We have to understand "difficulty balance" dynamically. It's ok if something makes as stronger for some period of time, see it as a good rest before the battle. The main thing is the gameplay convergence - when the game become harder and harder with progress, and you can do nothing with it, just to raise you real skills
    "Skillbuilding as a lifestyle"
    The God King Club ID#1|Ultimate GK Slayer |True Jedi |
    NG Code follower
    =Dual Guide=

My latest statistics:
    NG14, 84 pts earned, went to 267 lvl
    NG15, 129 pts earned, went to 281 lvl
    NG Code follower
    =Dual Guide=

MSgt. Shooter Person

can you use unspent money to level items right before you kill GK to take into the next NG+?

Deathless

@ aenemis

Yes you can, but you cannot buy items directly, you can only get them from prize wheels.

@ silver

Hmmm, not as I thought. Back to the drawing board.
    Last edited by gr00veh0lmes; 05-14-2012 at 06:01 PM.
    Pantheon

True Jedi

Of course, you can master with money everything you have in your inventory. I do it after killing the GK
    NG Code follower
    =Dual Guide=

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: RedWhiteNBlade

Quote Originally Posted by grantnoe View Post
    But for what reason?
    I think its so u can master extra items in return for extra XP. Like for example I use to only start my next NG after i mastered EVERYTHING available, but with the updates with new items and the NG exclusive items it just gives u more items to master so u get more of an XP cap then OG allowed
    This was my old theory of it
    Last edited by RedWhite&Blade; 05-14-2012 at 11:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gr00veh0lmes View Post
    @ aenemis

Yes you can, but you cannot buy items directly, you can only get them from prize wheels.

@ silver

Hmmm, not as I thought. Back to the drawing board.
    Well, I think this pts heaven may end soon, cause it comes from many unmastered cheap items which i had.

My tricks are:
    1. Never use mastered items. I use a small wheel for it, it always gives some cheap crap helms, armors, shields, rings and swords. I rarely use thark, spear it for future Only when everything mastered and no wheel nor chest gives me any armor. Or for MX-G.

2. I'm waiting desperately for XP+ hex drop. Last NG I thought it forgot the way to me... But I got it at the last RB, XP+50! Usually i get it 1-2 RBs earlier, but not more than +25

3. I try to go long routes, esp the last RB: to stone demon, balcony through the behemid, MX-G room, Thane

4. When I gain lots of money (like NG15: money from the big chest and 2 gem forges for 500,000 gold each), after I kill the GK, I go to the cheap wheel first. When it stops giving any meaningful results, i try some big wheel. It's not so useful when it gives items, cause your millions will disappear very fast. It's great when it gives you gems which you can forge - this is the real help, cause it's almost impossible to forge a 500,000 gem through the game drops, they are very cheap, unless not from medium chests at least. Then I master all this with the rest of the money beginning from the cheapest items. Start new NG, and then add all to attack yet...

There are already some titans which are 2-hits-dead for me. This is because of their heavy magic load. Since we don't equip the def gems, there are two ways left: go to wheel hoping for shield with built-in defense, or for lazy like me - just kill it as is

But, I already come to a situation, when many crap items are already mastered, so it seems that this well is drying out with time... But sometimes i get rare items on NG1x, mastered only 1-2 times - this is the real luck.

To the drawing board.
    I suggest to take all potions out from a gameplay. Thus, healing is ONLY through RB and leveling, period

What do you think?
    NG Code follower
    =Dual Guide=

Quote Originally Posted by aenimis View Post
    can you use unspent money to level items right before you kill GK to take into the next NG+?
    aenimis, are you with us?
    NG Code follower
    =Dual Guide=

Deathless

I think that it would be ok use a potion before and after the gk fight, you'd have 5 by then, and you'll go into the next NG with full health.
    Pantheon

True Jedi

1. Well, normally you master smth after beating a GK, thus any lvl upgrade restores your health. If not, but you really need it you may add 1 pts to health and it also restores to full (i didn't do it for long, but hope it didn't changed). Other option - restart GK fight, but decision must be made before the "final blow" (с)
    But no problem if you want to leave this

2. What about possibility to equip square and round gems?
    My arguments are in the Post#42
    NG Code follower
    =Dual Guide=

Deathless

1. Good point.

Adding 1 to health doesn't restore it to full. Only when hitting a new level.

2. If you allow the luxury of the use of a health potion BEFORE the GK fight, I'll relax my opposition to gem use.
    Pantheon

True Jedi

MSgt. Shooter Person

Yes, I am definitely following the NG code. I am waiting to start after this RB^4 because i was using the RB mastering glitch. If it is more appropriate for me to use a new character than I can do that instead. I stopped using new items to get extra points though because I don't really know about having such an advantage early on...
    Current stats;
    Lvl: 227
    Health; 8000
    Att.; 1176
    sh; 1
    mag; 1

Quote Originally Posted by aenimis View Post
    Yes, I am definitely following the NG code. I am waiting to start after this RB^4 because i was using the RB mastering glitch. If it is more appropriate for me to use a new character than I can do that instead. I stopped using new items to get extra points though because I don't really know about having such an advantage early on...
    Current stats;
    Lvl: 227
    Health; 8000
    Att.; 1176
    sh; 1
    mag; 1
    No need to start a new char for NG Code. But you must understand that this is a slower lvl progress. So if you want to get to lvl2000 Club really fast, you'd better have two slots
    NG Code follower
    =Dual Guide=

MSgt. Shooter Person

I'm not worried too much about level 2000. I'm more into the challenge aspect of the NG+code. I'll get more from the game this way and lvl2000 will come in time

Gr00ve, it's like there are four of us already! The new knight of "NG Order" ID#4 is in town
    Last edited by =Silver=; 05-15-2012 at 11:49 AM.
    NG Code follower
    =Dual Guide=

1. Good point.

Adding 1 to health doesn't restore it to full. Only when hitting a new level.

2. If you allow the luxury of the use of a health potion BEFORE the GK fight, I'll relax my opposition to gem use.
    It's a deal then (c)

I suggest that one can use health potion, notwithstanding the quantity of these bottles, but only before the GK fight. Nowhere nowhen else. Right?
    NG Code follower
    =Dual Guide=

Deathless

Yes I agree. NO use of health potions, EXCEPT before the GK fight.

ROUND and SQUARE gems can only be used if rewarded in game or are a result of a gem forge. No gem purchases allowed.

On a happy note, in ng^12 (I've been busy IRL), 1st small key drop led to a light gold pk gem worth 100,000 gold. I then spun the big prize wheel and got armour (+5 dodges)! I can give the thark a rest for a NG.
    Pantheon

True Jedi

OP changed
    NG Code follower
    =Dual Guide=

NG16, +92 pts, 292 lvl (+11)
    H: 10,400
    A: 1,778
    S: 10
    M: 1
    NG Code follower
    =Dual Guide=

MSgt. Shooter Person

IMO you should call it "Hardcore Mode". Also you're crazy. Good luck, have fun

Come back when you grow up, carebear
    NG Code follower
    =Dual Guide=

Deathless

don't feed the trolls.
    Pantheon

True Jedi

NG17, +135 pts, 303 lvl (+11)
    According to this trend, lvl2000 will be at about NG180
    NG Code follower
    =Dual Guide=

Deathless

You are trucking on ain't cha!

I've been so so busy with work this past fortnight I've barely gone up 1 NG. The gk challenge has been consuming my playing time too.

At least you are showing that progress is possible using the NG code. Keep it up, I'll be back in the saddle soon.
    Pantheon

True Jedi

Measuring difficulty spike...
    NG Code follower
    =Dual Guide=

Deathless

NG^13 +76 Points. Lv 269
    Pantheon

True Jedi

Deathless

NG^14 +91 points. Lv 280
    Pantheon

True Jedi

11 levels per NG is likely a norm. And about 100 pts. If you put all in attack, the length of the fights remain almost the same. But soon we'll meet a furcation and will have to choose a strategy: "balanced stats" or "all in attack"...
    NG Code follower
    =Dual Guide=

Deathless

For now it's all in attack.

Maybe when I'm one shot dead I'll put 50 points into health, but for now 10,000 HP seems to be ok.
    Pantheon

True Jedi

Same here.
    NG Code follower
    =Dual Guide=

NG18, +155 pts, 328 lvl (+15)

The new update almost didn't touch the Code... All the new features and areas are useless:

1. You can't fight that black Titan for vile shield, cause you don't have IB, but even if you had - you'd get the vile shield which you can't sell (it needs a ton of mastering). For mastering you can spend much less money using the small wheel

2. Due to the same reasons it's a limited use to fight with these two titans for the vile blade. Just to test your skills and get more XP

3. You can't fight that bird in the tree, cause tree hasn't grown up yet

What about buying maps? Some of them are useless surprise (like wet loot)

What do you think about how to turn the new stuff on in the Code?
    NG Code follower
    =Dual Guide=

Latest statistics:

NG17, attk 1,778 (+135) pts, 303 lvl (+11)
    Shade 800
    A: 2,350 (+146, 3 pts/lvl)
    H: 55,222 (+3,444, 69 pts/lvl)
    Hits: 31,1

NG18, attk 1,913 (+155) pts, 318 lvl (+15)
    Shade 850
    A: 2,496 (+146)
    H: 58,667 (+3,445)
    Hits: 30,7

NG19, attk 2,068 (+90) pts, 329 lvl (+11)
    Shade 900
    A: 2,643 (+147)
    H: 62,111 (+3,444)
    Hits: 30,0

NG20, attk 2,158
    Shade 950
    A: 2,789 (+146)
    H: 65,556 (+3,445)
    Hits: 30,4

Where:
    - attk xxxx: total attack stats at the beginning of the specified NG
    - (+xxx): total pts earned in this NG
    - xxx lvl: level at the end of this NG
    - (+xx): lvls passed in this NG
    - A, H: attack and health of this lvl Shade
    - Hits: means how many hits you need to kill Shade (H/attk). As we see it's almost const if we put all stats in attack.

So, I can conclude, that we have convergence here, i.e. the further you go, the harder to play

This means NG became skill-capped.
    Last edited by =Silver=; 05-31-2012 at 07:50 PM.
    NG Code follower
    =Dual Guide=

Deathless

Silver, I gotta admit that I'm starting to suffer with IB burnout.

Playing through the OG again to get all the new stuff and level to the new limit (97?) has pushed me over the edge.

I'm finally bored of the game.

NG the way we play it has all the appeal of OG now, yes I know we level, but it doesn't seem to get that much harder.

I'm tempted by the Lv 2000 club, but that would destroy NG playability, in that you'd level up past the titans again. Boring.

The GK club sounds good too but I haven't tried for that in weeks and again it does seem a little dull trying again, and again, and again.......ad infinitum.

Maybe I should have taken Darthducks advice and become more proficient in heavy and light, at least I'd have more weapon choices.

What would you suggest to a man in my position, give up or crack on?
    Pantheon

True Jedi

Silver, I gotta admit that I'm starting to suffer with IB burnout.

Playing through the OG again to get all the new stuff and level to the new limit (97?) has pushed me over the edge.

I'm finally bored of the game.

NG the way we play it has all the appeal of OG now, yes I know we level, but it doesn't seem to get that much harder.

I'm tempted by the Lv 2000 club, but that would destroy NG playability, in that you'd level up past the titans again. Boring.

The GK club sounds good too but I haven't tried for that in weeks and again it does seem a little dull trying again, and again, and again.......ad infinitum.

Maybe I should have taken Darthducks advice and become more proficient in heavy and light, at least I'd have more weapon choices.

What would you suggest to a man in my position, give up or crack on?
    Hard to say...
    You have to feel what exactly entertains you. You may try some new skill building path (heave, light). But this is our old argue with Darth. He claimed that this would help to feel the the depth in the game, I always said that this will destroy your skill base to some level... Both points are valid, but reflect the different approaches. First is a "Harmony Way", second - "Hardcore Jedi Way".

Other - is just to take some pause, watch good movies, which would "add the content" (I like Bravehurt, LoR, ...)

Btw, NG Code becoming hard, I guess after ng50, there'll begin a hardcore time...
    NG Code follower
    =Dual Guide=

Redeemer

Is it possible that I could level normally for a bit then join the code soon? I started NG+ at level 59 so I'm Kinda not ready
    -IB2 lvl 2k Club ID# 21-
    -OG Code Follower-NG Code Follower-

"When They Put Aside The Masks, They Put Aside The God"

You may do it at any time.
    NG Code follower
    =Dual Guide=

Redeemer

Quote Originally Posted by =Silver= View Post
    NG18, +155 pts, 328 lvl (+15)

The new update almost didn't touch the Code... All the new features and areas are useless:

1. You can't fight that black Titan for vile shield, cause you don't have IB, but even if you had - you'd get the vile shield which you can't sell (it needs a ton of mastering). For mastering you can spend much less money using the small wheel

2. Due to the same reasons it's a limited use to fight with these two titans for the vile blade. Just to test your skills and get more XP

3. You can't fight that bird in the tree, cause tree hasn't grown up yet

What about buying maps? Some of them are useless surprise (like wet loot)

What do you think about how to turn the new stuff on in the Code?
    What if I master the vile shield / blade in OG before going to NG?
    "I am not some peasant to be toyed with! I am not an irritation! I am not some daeril plaything, crafted from the flayed souls of men! I am king and god, destroyer and lifegiver. I am your doom…you do not take what is mine."
    GC: Charlie0214
    Crimson Crusader #10

You may do it, but OG this is the single time in the beginning. I meant when you fly through NGs...
    NG Code follower
    =Dual Guide=

Redeemer

I meant the part where you mention that you can't sell it. If I mastered it in OG, wouldn't I be able to sell it for $ ?
    "I am not some peasant to be toyed with! I am not an irritation! I am not some daeril plaything, crafted from the flayed souls of men! I am king and god, destroyer and lifegiver. I am your doom…you do not take what is mine."
    GC: Charlie0214
    Crimson Crusader #10

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast