Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: lXl EVOLVE lXl

Question Can't hear people that are not muted.

I was playing today and there were some people I could not hear. It was QM, TDM, the weird thing is they were not muted. I could hear some people on my team and the people I could hear could also hear the others I could not hear. <weird sentence I know I can see they are talking, but no audio comes out. 2 matches later someone else joined. I could hear this person, but someone else could not. Once again they were not muted. Just thought it was weird, anybody else experience this? If so, do you know why it happens?
    Big thanks to Cher, CrypticAshes, Gears of Wario and NFI for the codes and your enormous generosity. THANK YOU!
    CLICK HERE! for information on how to create a backup. DO IT BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!
    HUGE thanks to rondeau04 for the Cliff Bleszkinski & Mike Capps autographed Gears of War faceplate and all the sweet swag! YOU ARE AWESOME.
    “That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.” - Christopher Hitchens

Boomshot

I was playing Horde once with friends and one friend specifically said he could not hear me. I could hear him, and everyone else, and everyone else could hear me. Part of me still thinks this was my friend just messing with me, but he maintained it for several hours which is unlike him.
    ___,...---'---..---...,,,,',
    [__--_;=-o@Reign187''====
    ``/ /-'-|___|---;;;;;;;;;;;;:'

Massive Thank you to Bumble8eeTuna for my Chicks Dig the Baird tee & for being a truly EPIC boyfriend ❤ ★
    ★ Special mention to Parasidian & Rishy ★ Thank you to Capt23n for my SGE code ★ Many thanks go to Cher for the early access FoN code ★

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    I was playing Horde once with friends and one friend specifically said he could not hear me. I could hear him, and everyone else, and everyone else could hear me. Part of me still thinks this was my friend just messing with me, but he maintained it for several hours which is unlike him.
    That would be the ultimate prank lol. It's weird, I wonder why it happens...
    Big thanks to Cher, CrypticAshes, Gears of Wario and NFI for the codes and your enormous generosity. THANK YOU!
    CLICK HERE! for information on how to create a backup. DO IT BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!
    HUGE thanks to rondeau04 for the Cliff Bleszkinski & Mike Capps autographed Gears of War faceplate and all the sweet swag! YOU ARE AWESOME.
    “That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.” - Christopher Hitchens

Boomshot

Quote Originally Posted by DizzyRules View Post
    That would be the ultimate prank lol. It's weird, I wonder why it happens...
    I really did think he was just screwing around at first, but like I said, he doesn't have the willpower to maintain it for as long as he did so i really do think it was a glitch of some kind. No idea what caused it, and the next time we played (following day I believe) he could hear me perfectly.

Massive Thank you to Bumble8eeTuna for my Chicks Dig the Baird tee & for being a truly EPIC boyfriend ❤ ★
    ★ Special mention to Parasidian & Rishy ★ Thank you to Capt23n for my SGE code ★ Many thanks go to Cher for the early access FoN code ★

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Fade To Bacon

This has happened to me a lot. It'll show the mic symbol, but I can't hear anything they're saying.
    Quote Originally Posted by LoGx Heaven View Post
    Team Essence will try to be at the next Hypefestation!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranethar View Post
    This is really good for the community, now no one has the fear of coming last! Should get lots more teams now.

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

I really did think he was just screwing around at first, but like I said, he doesn't have the willpower to maintain it for as long as he did so i really do think it was a glitch of some kind. No idea what caused it, and the next time we played (following day I believe) he could hear me perfectly.
    So odd, this doesn't happen all the time either. I wonder if it is related to the joining in progress server glitch. In the same party with friends where they can get their character, but I can't.

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by ChocolateBacon View Post
    This has happened to me a lot. It'll show the mic symbol, but I can't hear anything they're saying.
    Yup, exactly.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: BMetcalf82

This happens to a friend who hosts insane horde runs. If any players freeze and have to re-enter the game, then the host sometimes cannot hear the person who re-joined. The player that re-joined can hear the host and everyone else, and everyone else can hear that person, except for the host. I think it has to do with lag on the host connection. Hasn't happened to me yet in multiplayer, but I haven't froze in multiplayer either.

OP, did you freeze and have to dashboard before this phenomenon occurred? Do to my experience, it has always been due to freezing/re-joining games.

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by BMetcalf82 View Post
    This happens to a friend who hosts insane horde runs. If any players freeze and have to re-enter the game, then the host sometimes cannot hear the person who re-joined. The player that re-joined can hear the host and everyone else, and everyone else can hear that person, except for the host. I think it has to do with lag on the host connection. Hasn't happened to me yet in multiplayer, but I haven't froze in multiplayer either.

OP, did you freeze and have to dashboard before this phenomenon occurred? Do to my experience, it has always been due to freezing/re-joining games.
    Nope, just happened during the course of the game.

Marrow Fiend

Fort Qu'Appelle Saskatchewan——Wishing he can play as a Lambent Drone :(
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: LambentHammerB

I had a friend have this exact issue. It happened EVERY game though.
    He had to change his privacy settings and then change them back afterwords and it worked fine afterwords.
    If it continues to happen, try this.
    GT: LambentHammerB -- Trololol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6Yjkzmleoc -- Twitter: LambentHammerB
    ||| LYCAN ||| - Commando Dom -- NFI - Savage Grenadier Elite -- Beezy8869 - Adam Fenix -- Genoo - Infected Omen -- Autopsychotic - Golden Lancer -- CallMeHost -- Golden Hammerburst -- Cher - Cole Plushie
    Flak -- MechanicBaird/Savage Kantus/Launch Skin Collection/Beta Tester T-Shirt/Stickers
    PopeAdrian37th
    - Jungle Tai/Aftermath Baird/Neon Armor -- BrainDeadDan - Brisk Skin Pack -- Richardson94 - Lambent Skin -- Parasidian - Young Dom -- GzB - Anya --DraconianBriana - Early Access -- CrypticAshes -- Team Metal

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by LambentHammerburst View Post
    I had a friend have this exact issue. It happened EVERY game though.
    He had to change his privacy settings and then change them back afterwords and it worked fine afterwords.
    If it continues to happen, try this.
    I'll try this. Now that I think of it, I was appearing offline at the time. I wonder if that would contribute.

Boomshot

I'll try this. Now that I think of it, I was appearing offline at the time. I wonder if that would contribute.
    I appear offline 90% of the time, and since this "glitch" has only happened to me once I doubt that is the cause. I also believe I was set to online when it happened.

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

I appear offline 90% of the time, and since this "glitch" has only happened to me once I doubt that is the cause. I also believe I was set to online when it happened.
    Then I have no clue lol. I'd like to know what causes this though.

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

So I was thinking today that maybe this happens after disconnecting from a party and going to game chat. Thoughts?

If not, any other ideas? It's driving me crazy and is happening to me daily.

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: jamieBAWSOOT

I had it happen to me the other day. Playing a private game on the slab, one of my team mates couldn't hear me, but I could hear him, and we could both hear our other team mates.

Funny thing is, it fixed itself as soon as the game ended.
    Epic Forums, before I go, I just want to tell you... You were fantastic. Absolutely fantastic. And do you know what?

So was I

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Geo Zinx

Yeah happens to me often as well. I can't hear a few people in the game, but I can see there mic bubbles and they can hear me.

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: jamieBAWSOOT

Another thing I noticed when it happened to me, I could hear the other team during the Game start countdown - something that's never happened to me before.
    Epic Forums, before I go, I just want to tell you... You were fantastic. Absolutely fantastic. And do you know what?

So was I

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: lemonman191

This happens to me all the time, it's like once a day, and it bugs me. Even when I'm making a video, I go back to hear them and they don't come out, but other people can hear them.
    www.youtube.com/user/lemonman161 New Gears Video uploaded every day!

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Whoa forgot about this thread 0_0 . I still have this happen every now and then. I never got the issue fixed and have no clue how it happens :/

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: GrubKiller101

LOL Lucky OP. I normally have my Chat volume set as low as possible.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: OneXGunn

It happened to me alot in Gears 3. Made it very difficult to smack talk. Well, it was one-sided. My friends said I was being responded to, but I couldn't hear them, only saw the mike symbol.
    Gears of War 3 multiplayer progress\\★//Gears of War Judgment multiplayer progress Re-up 6, level 19
    Texas state Firefighter and Nationally Registered EMT
    Xbox live Ambassador
    Member of The Onyx Guard Group

Veteran

I was playing today and there were some people I could not hear. It was QM, TDM, the weird thing is they were not muted. I could hear some people on my team and the people I could hear could also hear the others I could not hear. <weird sentence I know I can see they are talking, but no audio comes out. 2 matches later someone else joined. I could hear this person, but someone else could not. Once again they were not muted. Just thought it was weird, anybody else experience this? If so, do you know why it happens?
    This is a good thing tho
    Around the world people celebrate this holiday, we pay homage to the dead with a dark display, Horror movies and candy corns adorned and covered in the fake blood the dead we do not mourn, sign of the solstice away from the suns scorn, consumed by darkness a dream like the little horn, tricks and treats in tradition of the Celtic, Samhain, a form of solar worship.

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by SKR View Post
    This is a good thing tho
    This is a confusing statement. How is an audio issue a good thing? Are you just choosing to troll this OLD thread or are you ignorant to real issues?