Banned

Default BF3 and the confessions of a hacker.

Just found this in the Anandtech forums/PC Gaming

http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield3...ation_for_the/

The Sacrifice

Quote Originally Posted by |213| View Post
    Just found this in the Anandtech forums/PC Gaming

http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield3...ation_for_the/
    Thats already been discussed here http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...4#post30394104
    Quote Originally Posted by illuminion View Post
    XxPicanteSaucexX raging on me was one of the reasons why I stopped playing this game.

http://profile.xfire.com/geronaho

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by geronaho View Post

lol nice link

Boomshot

i found quite funny how the guy try to justify the: "i hack to show to the world what advantages hackers get on you"politic...
    ...no no ...i only steal ur car to proove to u that it can be stolen +.+
    Last edited by Bl!tz~; 05-09-2012 at 09:27 PM.
    ~THUND3RL4ND~IP:77.111.254.236:27015 -UOF-UnrealOldFriendsForum
    AsusFormulaV/FX-8350@8x5.0ghz/CustomLoop/MSI-N660TI-PE-OC/KingstonHyperX-8GbDDR3-1600Mhz/KingstonHyperX-SSD120GB/InWin-DragonRider/AntecQuattro1000W
    XFire&Steam:bfgblitz MyMaps

MSgt. Shooter Person

Wow I never knew what these things were capable of. Regardless of his intentions im glad he made that post, very enlightening.

All DMers who post on this forum begin accusations, and prove your testicular fortitude here. Remember only 1 of you can be the best!
    Give me some credit... I'm not completely stoopid, only Slightly
    ut3gow.com

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: rahkogen PSN ID: RoadKillGrill

None of this is surprising Ut2004 had the same stuff years ago. I don't see what makes this post significant.

The Sacrifice

it's worst and worst x) ...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RoadKillGrill View Post
    None of this is surprising Ut2004 had the same stuff years ago. I don't see what makes this post significant.
    Maybe because everybody know, but nobody is talking..?

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by VendorX View Post
    Maybe because everybody know, but nobody is talking..?
    There are those that don't talk and those that flat out deny it (and then call you a noob/idiot). You have to realize that no one that hacks will admit it. They knew that when they started doing it they would be questioned and therefore were all ready prepared to lie to your face. The only way they'll admit it is if they think you all ready know.

Like the BF3 hacker, most people probably start doing it because they think others are. So unfortunately, if you're an above average player and you happen to woop up on someone repeatedly, you might just spawn a hacker. I've seen this happen a few times.
    Cheating is for little girls and those that just plain suck.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by RoadKillGrill View Post
    I can only imagine how bad UT2004 is at this point. I just stumbled upon this article.

http://www.unrealadmin.org/forums/sh...oto=nextoldest

Boomshot

Would WREX anti-cheat find it?
    I usually play as [T5K]Bobba_Novis, {T5K}Bobba_Novi, Gi_96, Ph@t-Ass-Fr3d, infected_brains, or ________
    My Rig- ASUS Z68, core I7 2600K @4.2Ghz and GTX780 as seen on my VG248 @144Hz

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by oldkawman1 View Post
    Would WREX anti-cheat find it?
    I'm thinking WREX could find most things. I definitely know it looks everywhere (even on usb drives). I thought I saw Wormbo's name in the list of identified hackers. Funny that he's mentioned as someone that helped design a 2k4 anticheat in that article.
    Last edited by enoch84; 05-12-2012 at 01:30 AM.

MSgt. Shooter Person

It's bad that these are out there & the companies should be paying the hackers to find ways to prevent the hacks. Sounds like they're onto a winner though anyway as he talked about it being a subscription model - so recurring revenue.

Fortunately, I don't think that UT3 has many hackers. Only on the very odd occasion do I wonder about it in warfare. Its usually when someone kills you first time, every time for 5 or 6 kills in a row and you look around and can't see where they shot you from. I had that recently from someone in a goliath on serenity, but after that game I got a lot more frags on him than he did on me so it was probably just a case of sneaking out, great shot, sneak back in for a few times.

It's also rarely to get accused of aimbotting too nowadays, which is a reflection of the communities feeling of how prevalent they are (or how crap I am! ).

Banned

It was posted 5.09.12 on the Anandtech forums. This might be old news to some, but for me it's new news. I posted this to make people aware of this and to maybe spark someone to fight against this hack. Regardless though, I thought this interesting to read.