MSgt. Shooter Person

Default Can't export font asset from UDK

Hello. In UDK, I am trying to use the Export option in Content Browser for a font. When I do this, the editor tells me "no source data available for some objects. See log".

Is there no way to export out a font in UDK? I'm trying to export the font out and bring it into the Unreal 3 engine, but no luck because of this.

I also tried copying the UPK the font came in to the Unreal engine, but the versions are now off and so it rejects the loading of the UPK.

Any help appreciated. In general, I'm trying to find a way to be able to export out some specific files in UDK and bring them into UT3. Fonts are seemingly problematic for me thus far.

You can't do it like that no, if you're simply trying to get the format so you can make your own, it uses the regular windows fonts, you can just open and look at it.

Also please note that UT3 isn't the same as Unreal Engine 3, it uses UE3, but no more that UDK does.
    I'm making a game!

http://www.desura.com/games/modulated
    Click the link above to read more!

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Graylord View Post
    You can't do it like that no, if you're simply trying to get the format so you can make your own, it uses the regular windows fonts, you can just open and look at it.

Also please note that UT3 isn't the same as Unreal Engine 3, it uses UE3, but no more that UDK does.
    Ah, my bad. Sorry for the confusion on UT3 versus Unreal Engine 3, I'll be more specific next time to avoid ambiguity.

Thanks for the info on the font, too. I'll just make my own directly then. Appreciate the help.