Page 1 of 55 1231151 ... LastLast
    Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: NP473L

Thumbs up NP473L's 208 Weapon Skin Designs! #2NewThings! 03/09/2013

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Welcome to a thread of weapon skin designs. This is where I have uploaded, and will be continuing to upload, all the designs that I've created thus far. There are numerous other forumers creating their interpretations of weapon skins on the forums, so I'd like to first give a shout out to all of them; I'm enjoying working alongside. We musn't forget Epic either; the skins on our Lancers at the moment are fantastically designed, so obvious mention and thanks to them for the inspiration to begin making my own.

Having started uploading in early May, I think it's fair to say that the thread gained momentum, totally thanks to all of you guys, the community. What started as a few weapon skins has quickly grown into a collection; the feedback and support I've received, as well as all of the fantastic requests I've gotten, have kept me motivated, and have brought forth new ideas that spark several more. There are so many creative avenues to explore, so I appreciate any and all feedback, ideas and requests that you may have, and will do my best to fulfil collective and individual wishes, you need only ask. That being said, at any one time, I have at least 15+ ongoing ideas/requests, so if I haven't yet worked on and uploaded one of your requests, please be patient and give me a gentle reminder; no idea is forgotten.

So, I hope you enjoy what follows. I certainly enjoyed the hundreds of hours I've put into the thread. Any and all feedback is most welcome.

Enjoy!

> I do of course know that Epic cannot put them into the game without massive effort (not that they would want to use them regardless)...but if I'm honest, it's become an enjoyable hobby for me, so s'all good. I'm not trying to 'petition for them in-game' or anything sinister like that. Although Judgement is coming around, so who knows, eh?

> A big thanks to Kracker Kid for locating a HB MKII image for me to use. Thanks Kracker! -- Kracker has also recently taken up the hobby himself. Here are his Styrofoam + Sonic skins, his Baird skins and his Cigar Barrick skin!

Want to make your own skins for any of the starting weapons? Take a gander over in this direction. I've put all five of my templates up for download, and I've made a video tutorial/overview (Part 2 currently in construction). I'd love to see what you all come up with, so please check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by NP473L View Post
    Update 1: 22/05/2012

Okay...something that I only just realised (and I'm a little disappointed about) has arisen.

My previous template ignored a couple of areas of 'plating', which I didn't realise. As such, all previous skins are using a very slightly 'simplified' template, where colours for 'plate' and 'trim' are only 99% accurate to what they would translate to in-game.

I won't be redoing them (this is all part of my personal learning process), but numbers #1-68 are using a very slightly different template to #69+.

Just thought I'd let you guys know in advance, just in case anyone was eagle eyed and pointed it out...
    Update 2: 23/05/2012

Oh. My. Word.

Right, so I just got an email from Photobucket saying I was reaching my monthly external bandwidth allowance of.....10GB?!

I can't say how appreciative and humbled I am that you guys have eaten up 10GB of Photobucket in the last week (my 'month' only started 9 days ago!). It means a lot that this thread nearly has 10k views and I want to thank everyone that has commented, or even just looked at a couple of my nooby designs.

Now, if I exceed the bandwidth, I'd have to wait till 14/06 (or 06/14 if you're American ) to upload, and existing images would be suspended until that time...

...so I just spent the last hour re-linking them to their new location at Imageshack. (My word that was another painful process -__-)

Problem solved...no bandwidth limits any more...no idea why I was using Photobucket in the first place now...although I still need it to support the .gifs.

/super duper cool story
    Quote Originally Posted by tzrk View Post
    Update 3: 30/05/2012

Could you put any new weapon skins from here on in a new post, then link that post to the OP?
    My browser keeps freezing because of all the images. lol

Great work with all the new skins by the way.
    Update 4: 07/06/2012

If the number preceding the Weapon Skin title is linked (e.g. #59 Haven), it means I have applied the same skin to all starting weapons (Lancer, Hammerburst, Retro, Gnasher and Sawed Off) to give a representation of what it would look like for your favourite loadout. I'm working on getting them all (apart from Team/Animated skins) done, but it's quite a lengthy process (seeing as I didn't save individual .psd files for each skin). I hope this adds to their merit, and I look forward to this new chapter in my Weapon Skin project.
    Update 5: 23/07/2012

The thread was stickied yesterday, after about 130,000 views over the last two and a bit months. I thank the community for the support, and of course the moderators and admins who chose to sticky the thread, not to mention the thanks for the banner that is now above Anthony. Never expected in a million years that either of those things would happen.

This isn't the end. I'll still be taking ideas and uploading new designs for the foreseeable future, and things will be proceeding as normal.

I'm working on creating a thread in the Epic Gamer forum section, which will include a download of the template I made for the Lancer, along with a short video-commentary tutorial roughly guiding the process of making skins at a basic level (the possibilities are infinte. Once the basic template 'concept' is understood, it's just a question of applying them and trying out new techniques to achieve the effect you're after). I'll be encouraging others to use the template and make their own skins, and I will dedicate and maintain the thread OP with the community generated content (I know I sometimes struggle to flesh out your idea; now you can achieve the results you had in your vision ). Look out for that in the coming week too.

Thanks again to everybody (and I mean everybody) and see you back out there.
    Anyway, diary entries aside, let's get cracking. They'll be grouped in 50s (thanks tzrk for the memo), and links to the necessary posts will be here and on each subsequent 'skin' post. The 'featured' skins will remain and be added here, so the OP will be slightly larger than the rest of them:

#1-50, #51-100, #101-150, #151-200, #201...

-----------------------------------------

#24 Quartz - Requested by many, including myself

Now this was a tricky one, and it took me a lot of time to figure out where even to begin. But, I think I've done a decent job and here we have the 'finished' product. Since it's a transparent one, I've laid it against a gradient background, and applied the same 'effect' to an existing image of our beloved Marcus. Anyway, I'm quite proud of this one (it's most definitely my favourite out of the bunch), so enjoy!

#31 Crystal Collection

So, after the design of Quartz, I thought I'd spice it up with a little colour. Sticking true to the whole 'see-through' family, I've decided on a pretty weak tint which graduates out, so giving rise to the Crystal Collection. Hope ya dig it!

---------------------------------------

#56, #57 and #58 - Divinity

These took me a good couple of hours to make...but unfortunately, I have had to lose the smoothness of the 'sheen' and a bit of colour sharpness in uploading them (they were over 2MB each originally...which is a lot for a relatively small image) but here are the three 'Divine' skins. Hope you like them...about 60 frames of animation in the higher quality version (which I had to do frame by frame, a true nightmare for a rookie like me!)...what you see below is about 30 FPS. I still like the outcome, but as ever, let me know what you think of 'em.

#56 Abyss - Animated

#57 Haven - Animated

---------------------------------------

#58 Benevolence - Animated

#81 Wireframe (Attempt 1) - Requested by bchaps

This alone has taken me a couple of hours. I basically had to draw the gun from scratch in order to get distinct and solid wires, which was pretty time consuming. I'm not entirely happy with the design myself, so I may be tinkering with it now and then to try and improve it slightly. A lot of work this one, and please be as critical as you want, because I am looking to modify and improve it.

#85 Golden Wireframe (Attempt 1) - Requested by bchaps

#87 Team Positron - Tron inspired, requested by the_suicide_fox

#101 The Code - Remade

#135 Judgement

#140 Styrofoam

#1 Team Gold

#2 Scrap

#3 Trippy

#4 Weathered

#5 Illusion

#6 Chronic

#7 Silhouette

#8 Grace

#9 Team Baby

#10 Rural Wind

#11 Zephyr

#12 Circuit

#13 Chrome Omen

#14 Sour

#15 Juiced

#16 Benjamin - Requested by DarkNinja

#17 Toon - Requested by the rattle5nake

#18 Berserked - Requested by Chaosweaver22

#19 Blood MKII - Requested by DaRkNeSs

#20 Shocker

#21 Vile - Requested by IceManC86

#22 Rainbow Dash - Requested by Vodka Sniper 95

#23 Worn Mirror

#25 Obsidian

#26 Aquamarine

#27 Burn

#28 Team Rough

#29 Team Plate

#30 The Code - Requested by MEGATEDIZ - Animated

#32 Samantha - Requested by wanes16years

#33 Rural (Samantha MKII) - Requested by TheBAWSOOTDoctor

#34 Party

#35 Nocturnal

#36 Rust

#37 Alicia - Requested by ValeraPitiesDaFool

#38 Queen - Requested by ValeraPitiesDaFool

#39 Copper - Requested by Dvtseeker23

#40 Bronze - Requested by Dvtseeker23

#41 Gold Insignia - Requested by LoD FENIX

#42 Timber - Requested by kylar4777

Whoops! This one looks a lot like Hype. I'll be remaking it at some point.

#43 Arctic Omen

#44 Freeze - Requested by OScaveman

#45 Anthony - Requested by lewgis

#46 Jiggly - Requested first by Ms A Chievement

#47 Fresh

#48 Apple - 'Inspired' by Jim Tuna

#49 Iris - 'Inspired' by Jim Tuna

#50 Crafty - 'Inspired' by Jim Tuna

#1-50, #51-100, #101-150, #151-200, #201...

Last edited by NP473L; 12-21-2013 at 12:59 PM.
    Thanks to PopeAdrian37th for my Signed Comin-Con Poster; thanks to Evanescence, III LYCAN III, Gnashes, Yosoypr, Parasidian, Big Water, PopeAdrian37th, rondeau04, x Gaara Inc x, The Anya Bunni and Flak.
    Weapon Skin Thread @NP473L GT: NP473L Fraxure Gaming Armour Skin Thread

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: vaPhoenixBlaze

I like em.

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by legendx66 View Post
    I like em.
    Jeez that was ninjalike

Thanks dude
    Thanks to PopeAdrian37th for my Signed Comin-Con Poster; thanks to Evanescence, III LYCAN III, Gnashes, Yosoypr, Parasidian, Big Water, PopeAdrian37th, rondeau04, x Gaara Inc x, The Anya Bunni and Flak.

Banned

They are pretty sweet. They seem so.....different than the others.

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by DarkNinja View Post
    They are pretty sweet. They seem so.....different than the others.
    Haha. Different good/different bad?

I'm trying to be original in designing them. There's already a really awesome selection of existing recolours in the Epic Gamer Weapon Skin thread, so I thought I'd try my luck at originality. They'll never be used, but I enjoy doing them.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: o RalstinatoR o

I like trippy, its not trippy but its good lol chronic is good aswell but its not chronic

Pass it!
    - EGFC -

Thanks KINGxBEEF for the LGS
    IceManC86 for jungle tai
    Pillionaire91 for lambent!

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by o RalstinatoR o View Post
    I like trippy, its not trippy but its good lol chronic is good aswell but its not chronic

Pass it!
    What would you rename them then?

Chronic = Old man disease = ECG (See my epic logic at work there)

Trippy = ...ummm....sounds cool?

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: XxVv DANNY vVxX

Team Gold and Scrap look siiick

Banned

Haha. Different good/different bad?

I'm trying to be original in designing them. There's already a really awesome selection of existing recolours in the Epic Gamer Weapon Skin thread, so I thought I'd try my luck at originality. They'll never be used, but I enjoy doing them.
    Good different. You don't have the same ideas as others. I like that.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: o RalstinatoR o

What would you rename them then?

Chronic = Old man disease = ECG (See my epic logic at work there)

Trippy = ...ummm....sounds cool?
    Its hard to name them because they have no main focus there just a sick designs, good job mate
    - EGFC -

Thanks KINGxBEEF for the LGS
    IceManC86 for jungle tai
    Pillionaire91 for lambent!

I love Trippy and Silhouette.

Good job on all of those!

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: III LYCAN III

I like Silhouette
    Twitter @IIILYCANIII

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by DaRkNeSs View Post
    Team Gold and Scrap look siiick
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    I love Trippy and Silhouette.

Good job on all of those!
    Quote Originally Posted by III LYCAN III View Post
    I like Silhouette
    Looks like it's going to be divided! That's definitely a good thing.

Thanks for the feedback guys. Much appreciated.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Captain McTasty

Jeez that was ninjalike
    Thanks dude
    good job dude.. I like em

Check out my GOW3 weapon skin ideas >>Here<< or >>Here<<

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Captain McTasty View Post
    good job dude.. I like em
    ...but Crystal is still vying for my favourite along with Celestial from the Epic Gamer thread.

Honestly, great job with yours!

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: vaPhoenixBlaze

Jeez that was ninjalike

Thanks dude
    so i've been told. put on sunglasses yeaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh!!! your welcome lol

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: I3OTERO

I like them all, I really like the trippy one but I think it should have some more colors in it.
    Insane Horde Group Member, also big KOTH fan, invites and FR's welcome
    Rocketback silverkills anyone?
    I WILL FOREVER DISLIKE GOWJ FOR THE REMOVAL OF HORDE

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ForgottenGear91

they look great,keep up the good work
    E.G.F.C member
    Leeds united

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Zer0 Zoler0

Why is the back of the illusion one glowing?
    Gears character quotes.

_,,,,,_....I.... .........,,_i\_____
    (_.-|o|_____|-..._____))»»»»»
    » /_/{ ||#||=,,-,,=/
    ```````\__\

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch x Phantom View Post
    It's an illusion

...I dunno. I was messing about with it, and I thought it looked good. No real reason in particular

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch x Phantom View Post
    It's an illusion

...I dunno. I was messing about with it, and I thought it looked good. No real reason in particular

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Andy157 View Post
    I like them all, I really like the trippy one but I think it should have some more colors in it.
    Trippy will be revisited I think. Be on the lookout for Trippy MKII, with a lot more 'Trippy' colours

Boomshot

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: I EV0L 0NE I

Nice designs Very clean, good job

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by foolishPHOENIX View Post
    they look great,keep up the good work
    Quote Originally Posted by II EVOL ONE II View Post
    Nice designs Very clean, good job
    Thanks guys.

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

--- Grace added ---

Done for today!

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lucky Knife

Nice! Keep posting, all custom weapon skins are good and cool. My favorite is Illusion.
    Lucky Knife
    EGFC Member #208
    "Want a marshmallow?" *Shoots Gnasher* "There ya go!"

Veteran

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Ms A Chievement PSN ID: Urdnot_Horner

These are cool, I like Scrap and Weathered. Also, are you in that NGG clan? I'm pretty sure we have a match with you on Sunday

FOUR MAPS

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Ms A Chievement View Post
    These are cool, I like Scrap and Weathered. Also, are you in that NGG clan? I'm pretty sure we have a match with you on Sunday
    Yeah that's me

Looks like you're skipper of Legion/The Collective. Looking forward to it a little more now . That's the Comp League right?

Veteran

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Ms A Chievement PSN ID: Urdnot_Horner

Yeah that's me

Looks like you're skipper of Legion/The Collective. Looking forward to it a little more now . That's the Comp League right?
    Indeed so! Ahaha we're new to the WGL, got fed up of Gamebattles. Should be a good game though! Knew I recognised your name from somewhere

FOUR MAPS

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Gnashty NaS

I probably like Scrap the most. I like them all though, very nice, not over the top, just good old modest, pretty skins. How do you make them plated? Do you need a special template or is there a trick to it?(I love making skins!)
    Thank you a ton oIGRIMREAPERIo for the opportunity to enter your tournament and win the COG Medallion and Adam Fenix code! Your generosity is touching!
    Thank you CHER for the Commando Dom code! The Generosity of some people...I love it. Thank you a TON III LYCAN III for Savage Kantus! I was afraid I would never get him back! And my Bro's Commando Dom!
    Thank you Big Water for my Baird Goggles! I just said I'd like them and you gave them to me! Amazing!
    Click here for the most in depth guide to being leader around!
    The COG formerly known as ser10.

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by ser10 View Post
    I probably like Scrap the most. I like them all though, very nice, not over the top, just good old modest, pretty skins. How do you make them plated? Do you need a special template or is there a trick to it?(I love making skins!)
    Ummm, I went the long way around to be honest. I started with a Lancer on a black background, and rendered out the Lancer (a right pain that was!). That gave me the transparent background, although a few rough edges here and there.

For the plating, it was again a man-made selection mask with colours overlaid on that. Then the 'trim' bits are just the same as that. I'm afraid that's all I came up with. No shortcut available to my limited knowledge, so I just did that.

On the bright side, once the 'template' is sorted, it's a very quick job to recolour. Rendering the Lancer, plate and trim took me about 90 minutes, but once that was done, each skin is a five minute job just overlaying brushes/textures/gradients on top of that.

I apologise if that was vague, but I couldn't think of any other way to do it.

Thanks for the feedback

Boomshot

i want grace in game. i love sky blue.
    My Youtube channel
    Please check it out. I upload random clips almost weekly and I upload episodes and funny little videos now and then.<3

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Ms A Chievement View Post
    Indeed so! Ahaha we're new to the WGL, got fed up of Gamebattles. Should be a good game though! Knew I recognised your name from somewhere
    Haha. Best of luck then

To be honest, although NGG has been around a while, most of us are also in our first season. I know I certainly am. I'm as innocent and green as they come

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Gnashty NaS

Ummm, I went the long way around to be honest. I started with a Lancer on a black background, and rendered out the Lancer (a right pain that was!). That gave me the transparent background, although a few rough edges here and there.

For the plating, it was again a man-made selection mask with colours overlaid on that. Then the 'trim' bits are just the same as that. I'm afraid that's all I came up with. No shortcut available to my limited knowledge, so I just did that.

On the bright side, once the 'template' is sorted, it's a very quick job to recolour. Rendering the Lancer, plate and trim took me about 90 minutes, but once that was done, each skin is a five minute job just overlaying brushes/textures/gradients on top of that.

I apologise if that was vague, but I couldn't think of any other way to do it.

Thanks for the feedback
    Oooh boy, won't be doing that anytime soon haha, thanks for the response! Be sure to copy and paste it into my notes.
    Thank you a ton oIGRIMREAPERIo for the opportunity to enter your tournament and win the COG Medallion and Adam Fenix code! Your generosity is touching!
    Thank you CHER for the Commando Dom code! The Generosity of some people...I love it. Thank you a TON III LYCAN III for Savage Kantus! I was afraid I would never get him back! And my Bro's Commando Dom!
    Thank you Big Water for my Baird Goggles! I just said I'd like them and you gave them to me! Amazing!
    Click here for the most in depth guide to being leader around!
    The COG formerly known as ser10.

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by ser10 View Post
    Oooh boy, won't be doing that anytime soon haha, thanks for the response! Be sure to copy and paste it into my notes.
    Haha, I know. It was a tedious process to get the template sorted out. The only reason I bothered was because my Lancer was on a black background, and when I was making Silhouette, there was a problem.

So I started thinking 'Ah well, this'll take 10 minutes...'...

...it took a lot more than 10 minutes

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

--Team Baby, Rural Wind, Zephyr and Circuit added--

Again, be sure to give feedback. Thanks again everyone.

Seriously...

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Jim Tuna

Scrap and Silhouette.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkio View Post
    Sorry, but really? That Jim Tuna guy is a reaper? Dude does nothing but spam the forums I have yet to come across one non spammy post from him. There are other users who are more active and contribute a lot of information/ help threads off their own initiative- they are more deserving of this opportunity. Apparently you can report spam and spam is frowned upon but here EPIC are, rewarding the spammers.

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: OverPoweredSoap

Team baby!

Looks awesome! (Would look great on Valera... :P)

Nice job!
    Quote Originally Posted by U wot m8 View Post
    No.Go make me a sandwich
    Quote Originally Posted by xXxIncisionxXx View Post
    No. But I am ordering dominos. Want some?

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Tuna View Post
    Scrap and Silhouette.
    Interesting. Silhouette is my personal favourite, and Scrap definitely my least. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by ValeraPitiesDaFool View Post
    Team baby!

Looks awesome! (Would look great on Valera... :P)

Nice job!
    If I could have guessed which one you'd pick, I'd probably have gone for that one

Thanks again guys

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sB Arcade

Good looking weapon skins. Team gold is pimpin
    Thanks Cher for the FoN code

Page 1 of 55 1231151 ... LastLast