Thread: (Closed)

Banned

Post (Closed)

I have no more need for a concept artist. Managed to get an inside man to do the job.

I am shutting down this thread because of mindless thugs.

Reiss.
    Last edited by SGS - professional; 05-09-2012 at 05:46 AM.

Banned

For $20 this is the creepiest character you'll get.

Attached Images Attached Images

Banned

But I guess for that impresive ammount of money ($20) you want the original file so here it is.

Last edited by juguefre; 05-08-2012 at 05:05 PM.

Banned

$20 is minimum but I am willing to pay $50 for good concept art.

Leave me alone Juguefre your pathetic rants are really starting to annoy me.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: LoquaciousSix

Dude, that really is nothing, your other thread got closed, although I am wondering who's fault it was. But, I shall say this nicely, freelancers will charge (cheapest) around $25 an hour (I am not entirely sure, but that seems to be a reasonable amount) or more, and, judging that you want high quality, a concept artist will require probably at least 10 hours. That sums up to (at least) $250. Hope that puts some perspective here.

Banned

Sure and when you state its going to take 10 hours then I understand why people complain pricing is too low. I do not have deep pockets though and if I am to make my game successful I can't pay people standard prices as if I did I just wouldn't be able to achieve what I want within my deadline. I do not require very detailed concept art just something my 3d modeller can work with, as right now he's complaining he's lacking enough imagination to achieve what I want.
    Last edited by SGS - professional; 05-08-2012 at 07:39 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SGS - professional View Post
    something my 3d modeller can work with, as right now he's complaining he's lacking enough imagination to achieve what I want.
    I guess anyone working for $30 per model is indeed a person with a very low imagination. Even more I think you are IMAGINING you have a modeler...............

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Ok, Jug, that was not really necessary. SGS, I would suggest you instead try to build a team that works for lower prices and for royalties, that is the best alternative for you in my opinion.

Iron Guard

Quote Originally Posted by fragfest2012 View Post
    Ok, Jug, that was not really necessary. SGS, I would suggest you instead try to build a team that works for lower prices and for royalties, that is the best alternative for you in my opinion.
    This is something I've been wondering about since the start of these threads. You are obviously a motivated individual, SGS - professional. I can't see you running into any issues, if you were to explain your game a bit in a recruitment thread, getting willing individuals to work for you just for the promise of some royalty money.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Vawx View Post
    if you were to explain your game a bit in a recruitment thread
    guess what.... someone could steal his idea....and of course the thieve will be billionaire just by selling the idea.

MSgt. Shooter Person

I love this guy. WB gentlemangraphics.

Iron Guard

I'll try to offer something constructive here as it's clear that you aren't aware of how long certain things take and that's cool because I don't expect someone who's never done concept art to understand how much time goes into a piece.. Over here we budget anywhere between 5-8 hours of solid work to pump out a character, if the client wants that character in an action post or something then even more. Add another 1-2 hours for the additional work that a model sheet needs(ie: orthos and callouts). So say 10 hours if you include the back and forth with clients. Now I'm not sure what the minimum wage is in your country but here in Montreal it's over $10/hour, so even if you were payiing this highly skilled and no doubt experienced artist the same wage he would make at McDonalds you are still looking at $80-$100 / character. Now you can guess that a decent artist is going to be worth more than that and a good artist even more so you can do the math and figure out what you think that will be.

Now I'll go through it again for the 3D side and hopefully after this we can have you put an end to all of these silly threads where you ask for the world but offer peanuts in return. So for a 2D character model sheet we are looking at 8-10 hours yea? Well triple, quintuple or even septuple that amount for the 3D side of things depending on what you are making the character for. For an iPhone game we usually see around 12-20 hours of work go into a character without normals, sculpting or any fancy maps. For a current gen FPS character with all the fixings(10,000-20,000 tris, norms, spec, emissive, norm detail, and gloss maps) it's normally can start around 40-60 hours and go as high as 150 hours of work depending on how insanely detailed and complex you are going to want it. So again take that and look at the minimum wage and then take that into consideration when you ask yourself why you start a one sided flame war with every post you make.

I won't go as far as to say you are insulting people as I think that requires intent and I don't think your intent is to do that I think you are just young and naive and haven't a clue what actually goes into making something like this. a classic case where experience playing games doesn't convert pound for pound into know-how making them. You need to do yourself a favour and actually go through the steps outlined in this thread: http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...-in-this-forum or else you're just another kid with another idea and no idea how to accomplish it taking up space on a forum that is already competitive enough amongst those dev's who do actually have their ducks in a row and do actually have some chance at accomplishing their goals because they've done their homework, they've paid their dues and learned what they need(or are on their way).
    ~Ryan Wiancko - Producer
    Ironbelly Studios -
    AAA Quality Services at Indie Prices
    UDK Developer & Service Provider(2D,3D,UI,Animation,VFX,Audio,Code) for PC, Console and Mobile
    Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/ironbellystudios

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ironbelly View Post
    I'll try to offer something constructive here as it's clear that you aren't aware of how long certain things take and that's cool because I don't expect someone who's never done concept art to understand how much time goes into a piece.. Over here we budget anywhere between 5-8 hours of solid work to pump out a character, if the client wants that character in an action post or something then even more. Add another 1-2 hours for the additional work that a model sheet needs(ie: orthos and callouts). So say 10 hours if you include the back and forth with clients. Now I'm not sure what the minimum wage is in your country but here in Montreal it's over $10/hour, so even if you were payiing this highly skilled and no doubt experienced artist the same wage he would make at McDonalds you are still looking at $80-$100 / character. Now you can guess that a decent artist is going to be worth more than that and a good artist even more so you can do the math and figure out what you think that will be.

Now I'll go through it again for the 3D side and hopefully after this we can have you put an end to all of these silly threads where you ask for the world but offer peanuts in return. So for a 2D character model sheet we are looking at 8-10 hours yea? Well triple, quintuple or even septuple that amount for the 3D side of things depending on what you are making the character for. For an iPhone game we usually see around 12-20 hours of work go into a character without normals, sculpting or any fancy maps. For a current gen FPS character with all the fixings(10,000-20,000 tris, norms, spec, emissive, norm detail, and gloss maps) it's normally can start around 40-60 hours and go as high as 150 hours of work depending on how insanely detailed and complex you are going to want it. So again take that and look at the minimum wage and then take that into consideration when you ask yourself why you start a one sided flame war with every post you make.

I won't go as far as to say you are insulting people as I think that requires intent and I don't think your intent is to do that I think you are just young and naive and haven't a clue what actually goes into making something like this. a classic case where experience playing games doesn't convert pound for pound into know-how making them. You need to do yourself a favour and actually go through the steps outlined in this thread: http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...-in-this-forum or else you're just another kid with another idea and no idea how to accomplish it taking up space on a forum that is already competitive enough amongst those dev's who do actually have their ducks in a row and do actually have some chance at accomplishing their goals because they've done their homework, they've paid their dues and learned what they need(or are on their way).

Man for the very first time I TOTALLY agree with you. Bravo.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Excellent post ironbelly (again).

Redeemer

LOL @ juguefre. You are harsh but I agree with you.

As for Mr. SGS, I said this before and I will say it again, game development is not for kids. If you are one, then I'm sorry to say this but you'll never succeed. Never. Use your time and learn. Choose what role you want to play in game development, and grow that knowledge. Once you feel that you have fair amount of knowledge and you can show some impressive work, then join a team and work for free. Most (if not all) experts or MVPs have done that. This is alot of exposure and experience to understand what goes into making games, and then only you can decide whether you have what it takes to making your own. If that didn't happen, at least you will be able to offer yourself for contract work and get some serious cash.

Now, it's your choice. You can day dream of making games at the age of 13 and waste years with bullsh*t or you can be wise and follow a reasonable path to your goal.
    Hamad Al-Hasan
    Gameplay Programmer / Technical Artist
    Portfolio: http://www.alhasanstudio.com/

Projects: Medieval Zombie Demo - zBioBlow - 2013: Infected Wars

UDK Version: Feb-2013
    Intel Core i7 960 3.2 GHz 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 130W Quad Core CPU
    12 GB DDR3 Mushkin PC3-12800 998959 (6 x 2048MB) 6-9-7-24 1.65V Blackline
    ASUS Sabertooth X58 LGA 1366 Intel X58 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
    EVGA GTX 580 1.5 GB GDDR5 - Driver Version: 296.10

Iron Guard

Quote Originally Posted by seenooh View Post
    LOL @ juguefre. You are harsh but I agree with you.

As for Mr. SGS, I said this before and I will say it again, game development is not for kids. If you are one, then I'm sorry to say this but you'll never succeed. Never. Use your time and learn. Choose what role you want to play in game development, and grow that knowledge. Once you feel that you have fair amount of knowledge and you can show some impressive work, then join a team and work for free. Most (if not all) experts or MVPs have done that. This is alot of exposure and experience to understand what goes into making games, and then only you can decide whether you have what it takes to making your own. If that didn't happen, at least you will be able to offer yourself for contract work and get some serious cash.

Now, it's your choice. You can day dream of making games at the age of 13 and waste years with bullsh*t or you can be wise and follow a reasonable path to your goal.
    Or go out and be a bloody kid!! Man, go swim in innocent naivety for as many years as you can,go have fun, play tag or kick the can, climb tree's, read Calvin and Hobbes, fall in love and steal kisses behind the bleachers, stay out too late, go explore. I wouldn't give those years up for anything in the world thank god it wasn't until my 20's that my dreams took me into spreadsheets and task management and scheduling so I could be a kid
    ~Ryan Wiancko - Producer
    Ironbelly Studios -
    UDK Developer & Service Provider(2D,3D,UI,Animation,VFX,Audio,Code) for PC, Console and Mobile

Banned

Most of you are just plain blind. I already have a very talented team and with their help I will sell this game to the masses and become rich. I am the one with any good sense here. If you can't see past everyday life then you are all screwed not me.

Iron Guard

Well no sense arguing with that
    ~Ryan Wiancko - Producer
    Ironbelly Studios -

Redeemer

I am shutting down this thread because of mindless thugs.
    LOL. Oh please man don't shut it down, at least hibernate it.
    Hamad Al-Hasan
    Gameplay Programmer / Technical Artist
    Portfolio: http://www.alhasanstudio.com/

Projects: Medieval Zombie Demo - zBioBlow - 2013: Infected Wars

UDK Version: Feb-2013
    Intel Core i7 960 3.2 GHz 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 130W Quad Core CPU
    12 GB DDR3 Mushkin PC3-12800 998959 (6 x 2048MB) 6-9-7-24 1.65V Blackline
    ASUS Sabertooth X58 LGA 1366 Intel X58 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
    EVGA GTX 580 1.5 GB GDDR5 - Driver Version: 296.10

make a video game requires skill and talent, it seems that nowadays everyone feels they can do the next game of the year ... child wakes up from your sleep, this is reality, I doubt you have a great team as we affirm

Banned

I already have a very talented team and with their help I will sell this game to the masses and become rich.
    ....rich?............rich?.................RICH!? ........ LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL