View Poll Results: Which is(are) your favorite(s)?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sera Chainsaw Massacre

3 50.00%
  • Ole!

4 66.67%
  • Boomsticks of War

4 66.67%
  • Pea Shooters

4 66.67%
  • Keep Your Head Down

4 66.67%
  • I LOVE FIRE!

6 100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Honey Badger LE

Default Ideas for Gears Events

Like the title says, these are some ideas for fun events that have just been bouncing around in my head that I hope Epic would consider when making future events. The ones in green I'm almost positive are possible, ones in yellow are iffy, and the ones in orange I'm pretty sure aren't possible or no one would like it(but it's always worth it to give it a shot, right ). I came up with the names on the fly, so if you have a better name, feel free to post it. Without further ado...

Sera Chainsaw Massacre
    -Gametype: Perhaps a Player's Choice sort of thing, but if not, TDM
    -Competitors start with empty Lancers and Snubs
    -No stopping power
    -Snubs start with 2 clips only
    -No weapon pick-ups

I feel the snubs are necessary to keep people from just walking around permanently revved. Also, you can use it to create meatshields, which will also aid in the same thing. If I'm not mistaken, the Snub has stopping power, which would slow down an otherwise already slowed player and take away from the point of the game mode (which should be obvious), which is also why I'm only giving 2 clips.

Ole!
    -Gametype: Execution
    -Competitors start with only empty Retros and Snubs
    -Snubs start with only 1-2 clips
    -No stopping power
    -No weapon pick-ups
    -Players start as either Raam or Kim

Variation on the above game type. I know there's already an achievo with the same name, but the alternate name was "Charge of the Light Brigade," so you're welcomed. Like the above, limiting the starting ammo and stopping power prevents Snub abuse. Due to the lengthy games, this will only work in Execution. To make up for the gametype, and as an homage to Gears 1, players start as Kim and Raam (for those who haven't gotten the Foreshadowing achievement, you're welcomed).

Boomsticks of War
    -Gametype: TDM and/or KOTH
    -Competitors start with a Gnasher, a Sawed-Off (preferably the Zeta one), a Snub, and a smoke grenade (maybe)
    -No pick-ups

This gametype is for people who walk around anyway with this particular "loadout" whenever they can. By having both, it prevents SO users from being helpless when their SO runs dry and perhaps would keep them from running if they miss, but at the same time would still leaving them helpless while they switch weapons. The snub prevents the game from degrading to a complete Gnasher fest, and the smoke grenade would prevent snub abuse and promote close-quarters shotgun gameplay.

Pea Shooters
    -Gametype: TDM
    -Competitors start with a random pistol that changes when they revive
    -Small ammo clip pickups (if possible, but if not, have no pickups and instead players start with full pistols)

This game type is nothing but pistols. The random switching prevents it from getting stale. Ammo boxes means the only way to get your favorite weapon is to kill someone who has that particular weapon. A big concern would be meatshields, but I'm sure some one with a Boltok could figure out what to do about that This one I'm sure is impossible, though, because of the ammo clip pickups and the rotating pistols.

Keep Your Head Down!
    -Gametype: TDM (with Execution rules)
    -Players start with a Longshot, a Torque, and a Boltok
    -Must Active Reload (where you either active or jam your gun)
    -No pickups.

If you haven't figured it out, this gametype is a homage to the (late) Anthony Carmine (and the Carmines in general), which is why there's a Must Active Reload. Guns will be jammin'. Heads will be flying off. Torque Bows will be tagged. Having no pickups means you have to go into enemy territory to get ammo (or die). Of course, those who are good enough won't need ammo

I LOVE FIRE!
    -Gametype: TDM
    -Competitors start with Scorchers, Incendiaries, and Snubs
    -Weapon Pickups are an even number of Incendiaries and Scorchers
    -Snubs only have 1-2 clips
    -Players start as Ben Carmine or Flame Grenadier (maybe)

Everything burns in this game mode where there's nothing but Scorchers and Incendiaries. I feel this might get a bit campy, though, but hopefully the massive amount of Incendiaries would provide a particular campy team with some incentive to get out there. I chose those two characters because Ben is rumored to love fire and the Flame Grenadier....well, does

Things I'm not sure are possible:
    -Limiting amount of starting ammo for a game type
    -Adding/taking away stopping power for a game type
    -Must Active Reload for a multiplayer game type

If you have any additional game type ideas (or modifications to mine), feel free to post. I'm posting a poll to see which one is most popular. Hopefully this post will spark something and we'll get some fresh, non-Gnasher-based game types going.
    Last edited by hellaeric09; 05-08-2012 at 06:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kyoto771 View Post
    next time you see them down....rip their arm off

this is Gears of War not Gears of Love!
    Myth and Facts About the Sawed-Off Shotgun

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rainbow Dash LE

All sound decent and well all could spice up the multiplayer
    Fellow Bronies and Pegasisters feel free to add me ~ Wind Beneath Her Wings ~ Twilight Sparkle and Rainbow Dash
    Gears of War ~ R.I.P
    Born November 7, 2006 ~ Died March 19, 2013
    Injustice: God Among Us ~ April 16, 2013 ~ Playing as Harley Quinn

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Fade To Bacon

Please post all event ideas in this thread : Click here!

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by LoGx Heaven View Post
    Team Essence will try to be at the next Hypefestation!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranethar View Post
    This is really good for the community, now no one has the fear of coming last! Should get lots more teams now.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Dnosaur6429 PSN ID: Dnosaur6429

good ideas the Keep your head down kinda reminds me of booooooom snipes though. I was also waiting for a scorcher event to show up, so that will be interesting to see. Boomsticks of war is misleading, I thought it had something to do with boomshots lol. the ole and chainsaw one would get boring very quickly because you pretty much doing the same thing over and over and over etc.
    Favorite map: Old Town Favorite Pickup: Digger Favorite Playlist: KOTH
    Reg. Gnasher = Magikarp Active Gnasher = Gyarados
    Sawed Off Samurai vs Gnasher Knight

Banned

Not bad. But for the I Love Fire! event, I think we should be any character we want to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocolateBacon View Post
    Please post all event ideas in this thread : Click here!

Thanks.
    That thread is for past events only.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Honey Badger LE

Quote Originally Posted by DarkNinja View Post
    Not bad. But for the I Love Fire! event, I think we should be any character we want to be.
    Forgot to put a maybe for that particular option, but it adds a little role-playing element to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by kyoto771 View Post
    next time you see them down....rip their arm off

this is Gears of War not Gears of Love!
    Myth and Facts About the Sawed-Off Shotgun