Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by XxShadoSlashxX View Post
    why do they have a ribbon called STOP THEIF!? it clearly states on the ribbon that 5 kills have been stolen from you. keyword stolen. what do you guys think???
    that ribbon was made in jest as a joke towards those who complain.
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyMcClure View Post
    Nice Find. It was a legit bug and fixed in the retail version today.

So once Gears 3 releases, when you use the torque, take a bit of pride in knowing you helped make it better

Quote Originally Posted by CGOWAddict View Post
    Wow, so your saying what people named this problem (yes I think its a problem) is not happening because someone at Epic has the same point of view as some here who think it's o.k. to take a down that was there's???
    It's not a problem, a problem is lag or resets. Not this.

I'm sorry but it's not for Epic to say what is right or wrong no more then it's mine. But I see how lots of people try to improve their stats at someone else's expense. While some don't care others do, obviously Epic doesn't; but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen or it's O.K. or that there's no such thing.
    It does when it's their game. Their opinion is the final one.

So once Gears 3 releases, when you use the torque, take a bit of pride in knowing you helped make it better

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NFI View Post
    that ribbon was made in jest as a joke towards those who complain.
    You mean the fans?

Quote Originally Posted by Zetametroid23 View Post
    You mean the fans?
    Point? It's in jest for ppl who complain about something so trivial.

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Fade To Bacon

Killstealing doesn't bother too much, but what steams my beans is the person behind the downstealing. You know, that guy who is the exact opposite of a good teammate? Yeah, him. This could be a reason why people find it so annoying.
    Quote Originally Posted by LoGx Heaven View Post
    Team Essence will try to be at the next Hypefestation!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranethar View Post
    This is really good for the community, now no one has the fear of coming last! Should get lots more teams now.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: phokso450

People stealing kills/ players who are down will always happen , i don't do it , but no matter how much we "talk" about it , there will always be some kid who is 13 exited to get a positive k/d ratio for once who will jump at the chance of seeing a weak opponent . gtfoi.
    Pain heals, Chicks dig scars . . . .
    Glory last's forever .
    Loadout - Gnasher / Retro Lancer.

Aussie Pride - Australia needs GOW3 Servers .

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xWithHer

Ok. NFI, I agree when you say it not a problem. Its more of an annoyance. But as far as "Its their game"...
    Yes it is. But we are the ones who fork out a lot of money to keep EPIC in business. Without us there would be no game in the first place. No offence dude.

Anyway, how come theres no thread saying 'Thanks EPIC. You guys have worked extremely hard at this game. Just to let you know its appreciated'. We all seem to complain too quickly. Build a bridge. Get over it. Love Gears. Rant over x
    Classic Hammerburst
    TeamJUMP since '87.
    Kudo's to UNDEAD MIKE 95 for the paintball skin.

He who must not be named...

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TAO Devil

Wow, so your saying what people named this problem (yes I think its a problem) is not happening because someone at Epic has the same point of view as some here who think it's o.k. to take a down that was there's???

I'm sorry but it's not for Epic to say what is right or wrong no more then it's mine. But I see how lots of people try to improve their stats at someone else's expense. While some don't care others do, obviously Epic doesn't; but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen or it's O.K. or that there's no such thing.
    1st, it's EVERYONE at Epic. not one guy.

2nd, There is NO way to actually steal a kill. You can take a down, not a kill. Until the enemy is DEAD, they are up for grabs by anyone. And this is coming from someone who rarely gets to finish off one of his own downs.
    That was Zen, This is TAO
    Ranked #1 in the World for AWESOMENESS!

Follow me @TAO_Devil Follow my Gaming Blog @DevilsGameroom or view the site The Devils Gameroom
    GzB Baby! WHOOOO! EGFC Member
    First member to ever hit 30,000 posts. I am He Who Must Not Be Named

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: KiLLSWiTCH2K12

Quote Originally Posted by ValeraPitiesDaFool View Post
    It really depends for the situation for me.

If they are bullets flying everywhere and I can't get a shot on the downed player, and someone else kills him, so be it.

When me and the person I'm shooting get downed at the same time, and a teammate kills the opponent then revives me, I don't mind that either, as there was a chance of him getting up while my teammate revived me.

However if it is just plain out kill stealing, like my downed enemy is in front of me, I get a bit upset about it. Then I get over it and move on.
    Exactly the same as me.
    GT: KiLLSWiTCH2K12
    Gears 1: 520/1250 (Working on this at the moment, had 1250 on old account)
    Gears 3: 72
    Part of the INSANE HORDERS group.

Banned

Gosh do people still moan about kill stealing. Just take every kill you see. That way, it won't annoy you when people do the same back at ya. Me and my friends purposely go out of our way to steal eachothers kills because it's funny.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: KrazeyEyez

Quote Originally Posted by Solid_Gear View Post
    Gosh do people still moan about kill stealing. Just take every kill you see. That way, it won't annoy you when people do the same back at ya. Me and my friends purposely go out of our way to steal eachothers kills because it's funny.
    And since randoms never revive me i should stop reviving team mates, and since people don't play for the objective, maybe i should not go for the objective too. I think your on to something, what a great game full of worthless team mates that would be

The fact is kill stealers as in those that do it on purpose having nothing to do with the down in the first place suck, negatively effect the game, the strategy of their team mates, and are probably pretty shady people in real life to. That being said nothing you can do about it really, but doesn't surprise me that the the people at epic see no problem with this as they have moved along way from the company i thought they were in the gears 1 days in regards to competitive play and recognizing their customers as people too.
    Gears 3 is good, but it could have been great.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by krazeyeyez View Post
    And since randoms never revive me i should stop reviving team mates, and since people don't play for the objective, maybe i should not go for the objective too. I think your on to something, what a great game full of worthless team mates that would be

The fact is kill stealers as in those that do it on purpose having nothing to do with the down in the first place suck, negatively effect the game, the strategy of their team mates, and are probably pretty shady people in real life to. That being said nothing you can do about it really, but doesn't surprise me that the the people at epic see no problem with this as they have moved along way from the company i thought they were in the gears 1 days in regards to competitive play and recognizing their customers as people too.
    A) Taking kills doesn't tend to negatively effect a victory in the match, not playing the objective, will end up in you losing. Totally different things.

B) Yeah, because how i play a video game reflects on my personality and me as a person. I steal kills and i steal in real life. Cool.

Who get's the kill just doesn't matter, do you think people in competitive play start crying at eachother "u stolez my kil u nub!".

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: YourSuperchica

Yeah I usually am not that concerned about it, especially when playing for instance Execution because I could easily down someone from across the map and the entire point of that mode is to kill everyone on the opposing team before yours, so I'm just like somebody get that fool! LOL. However it DOES bother me occasionally (but not the point of wanting to throw my controller) when it is just me and one other person near someone on a map, I am having a gnasher battle with them get them down and then the other person takes the kill I'm like "Seriously?" other than that, its teamwork so whatevs!
    Follow Me on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/carlyspade
    Check Out My Nerdy Videos: http://www.youtube.com/kryptonianspade

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Solid_Gear View Post
    A) Taking kills doesn't tend to negatively effect a victory in the match, not playing the objective, will end up in you losing. Totally different things.

B) Yeah, because how i play a video game reflects on my personality and me as a person. I steal kills and i steal in real life. Cool.

Who get's the kill just doesn't matter, do you think people in competitive play start crying at eachother "u stolez my kil u nub!".
    No but the kids who act like douches on xbox live definitely tend to be douches in real life as well.

If i get a down and go for the meat shield in a cap on king of the hill and the kid who can't do anything other then take downs steals it just before i grab it for cover it definitely effects how the match plays out. Thats just one scenario, as others including myself have stated when they are more concerned with getting that easy stat, then with the enemies that are still a threat to them or you it effects match out come as well.

I get plenty of kills so normally i don't care but i do notice victories and quite frankly control and awareness of the game come much easier on a team of "respect the down" players then "oh look a down i can take" players. They also know when to take a kill and when not to. When to meat shield, when to leave the bait etc... but the new players gears 3 has attracted with its TDM and hybrid COD style don't really think along the lines of team, strategy, or competition, and more along the lines of some twisted joy in annoying or trying to annoy others. Just MHO.

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Maaaaaz

If it's someone who's downed, and there's noboody around, it ****s me off.
    When there's BLATANTLY no chance of him going to get revived and some arsehole walks round the corner and decides to take my down, that pisses me off.
    Civilian Anya -Flame Grenadier
    Level 47/100
    Team Metal Hammerburst - Team Metal Gnasher

The Retro Lancer- it has the DAMAGE and RANGE of the HB; it has the CLIP of the lancer; it has the 2PIECE of the Gnasher. And people say it's not OP?
    Quote Originally Posted by MIST GHILLIE View Post
    its kind of sad everything epic hates about gears is everything what made the first 2 games completely unique and straight up classics.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Geo Zinx

Quote Originally Posted by Maaaaaz View Post
    If it's someone who's downed, and there's noboody around, it ****s me off.
    When there's BLATANTLY no chance of him going to get revived and some arsehole walks round the corner and decides to take my down, that pisses me off.
    This in a nutshell is the only time someone should get annoyed at a guy. Even then this only lasts for a few seconds.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: UsE Paradise

they should implement a system similiar to red dead redemption, when u look at the score chart (or whatever its called) it shows how many kills u robbed. so it should show (depends on the gametype):
    caps/ breaks/ kills/ downs/ KILLS STOLEN or DOWNS TAKEN/ points
    that would probably discourage people from taking so many downs unless they want to face some embarassment after the match and also people can find out and point out the obvious down taker.
    Looks like he..
    ( •_•)
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)
    Just got bodied.
    thanks to undead mike 95 for the paintball weapon skin!

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: echoplex PSN ID: ZomBi_dEth Wii Code: 7919 2809 6520 0629

I only mind in a single instance.
    I don't mind if I'm too far away to take it. I don't mind if someone was hurt enough to pick it up as a meat shield. I don't mind if they take it if me and the enemy downed each other. I don't mind if bullets were flying, and things just happen.

I absolutely do mind it if I put in all the work, and some ass walks up to take it.
    That's not team work. That's not a team player. That wasn't an accident. But, that's how it happens most of the time thanks to the GREAT community this game has.

Raising the points executions give doesn't matter when you have to kill a down as fast as you can before someone takes it. God Damn vultures.
    -je_ssi e |||
    Dreamlife, outcries, standby, allies
    Poolside, child-like, downside, goodbyes
    Sympathetic tones don't match a sympathetic lie

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by ImNOtGOOD View Post
    they should implement a system similiar to red dead redemption, when u look at the score chart (or whatever its called) it shows how many kills u robbed. so it should show (depends on the gametype):
    caps/ breaks/ kills/ downs/ KILLS STOLEN or DOWNS TAKEN/ points
    that would probably discourage people from taking so many downs unless they want to face some embarassment after the match and also people can find out and point out the obvious down taker.
    I doubt anybody would care. I mean I certainly wouldn't.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by 123KID View Post
    I doubt anybody would care. I mean I certainly wouldn't.

im just suggesting a way to possibly reduce the amount of down taking. and yea it might not bother some people but others wouldnt like to get called out after the match and be labeled and remembered as a down stealer.
    Looks like he..
    ( •_•)
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)
    Just got bodied.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

im just suggesting a way to possibly reduce the amount of down taking. and yea it might not bother some people but others wouldnt like to get called out after the match and be labeled and remembered as a down stealer.
    With the way the community works, kill stealing will be down the pecking order as it is.

It usually goes like this:

You use Retro
    You use SOS
    You use Lancer
    You use a rifle
    You just camp
    You are a nerd
    No life level 400
    Go get laid etc....................
    Kill stealing noob

He who must not be named...

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TAO Devil

With the way the community works, kill stealing will be down the pecking order as it is.

It usually goes like this:

You use Retro
    You use SOS
    You use Lancer
    You use a Gnasher
    You use a rifle
    You just camp
    You are a nerd
    No life level 400
    Go get laid etc....................
    Kill stealing noob
    you forgot one
    That was Zen, This is TAO
    Ranked #1 in the World for AWESOMENESS!

Follow me @TAO_Devil Follow my Gaming Blog @DevilsGameroom or view the site The Devils Gameroom
    GzB Baby! WHOOOO! EGFC Member
    First member to ever hit 30,000 posts. I am He Who Must Not Be Named

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by TAO Devil View Post
    you forgot one
    Hardly anyone calls someone else a noob for using a Gnasher. If someone calls me a SOS noob, I usually call them a Gnasher noob.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Hardly anyone calls someone else a noob for using a Gnasher. If someone calls me a SOS noob, I usually call them a Gnasher noob.
    ive been called a noob for using a gansher. btw, DOWN stealing should be above you are a nerd and you camp though...there are so many threads on this so this is obvioulsy a bid deal to the community.
    Looks like he..
    ( •_•)
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)
    Just got bodied.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

ive been called a noob for using a gansher. btw, DOWN stealing should be above you are a nerd and you camp though...there are so many threads on this so this is obvioulsy a bid deal to the community.
    I kill steal from time to time, I mean the blatant ones for joke. In the middle of a fire fight I don't care if kills are stolen. But in general if people don't trash talk about my weapons it is usually about my level and play time. So either I am a nerd or a no life. I get a tonne of hate for camping high ground with the Lancer on Gears 3.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

I kill steal from time to time, I mean the blatant ones for joke. In the middle of a fire fight I don't care if kills are stolen. But in general if people don't trash talk about my weapons it is usually about my level and play time. So either I am a nerd or a no life. I get a tonne of hate for camping high ground with the Lancer on Gears 3.
    i understand if a down gets taken in a mashpit what else do u think is going to happen lol? i dont ever steal a down though if its not in a mashpit or if i know the guy can take it. i just see it as a sign of respect and just choosing to no b an a**hole. as for the camping. sometimes it is necessary in order to win a match so if they complain, that means u did it right lol.
    Looks like he..
    ( •_•)
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)
    Just got bodied.

Redeemer
    MCDonalds, fighting off the Zombie Horde.
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MasterAlex09

Quote Originally Posted by XxShadoSlashxX View Post
    what do you think about the whole taking kills? do you mind if somebody takes your kill or don't mind it at all? i personally mind it cause i mean if you get somebody down and you have everybody trying to kill that downed player, then the enemy players can just come up from behind cause everybody is focused on the down player. and if the community says its fair then why do they have a ribbon called STOP THEIF!? it clearly states on the ribbon that 5 kills have been stolen from you. keyword stolen. what do you guys think???
    So wait! You had 6 kills on the Scoreboard, and someone took 2 of them so now you have 4 kills?
    Kim wins the lottery, and spends the rest of his time counting his money.

Kim will use the money he earnt from the billions of shooting contests he entered and buy Microsoft and criticize everything they produce.

There is a Theron on Disc that is ready for MultiPlayer, All he needs is to be on the Character Selection Screenhttp://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...a-Theron-Guard

Thanks Lycan for the SGE, he's my new main locust. Thank you Cher and Flak for my Launch Skin Pack, you're both awesome!

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SwampySnyper

The best way Ive come to find out, rather then taking their kills or have them take it from you, tag them right before they get shot. I do it all the time when im leader in guardian.

MSgt. Shooter Person

I hate losing/dying more than my kills being stolen, so if it nabs us the win, feel free.

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Fade To Bacon

Instead, they get called host who pre-actives like a scrub.
    Quote Originally Posted by LoGx Heaven View Post
    Team Essence will try to be at the next Hypefestation!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranethar View Post
    This is really good for the community, now no one has the fear of coming last! Should get lots more teams now.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CGOWAddict

It's not a problem, a problem is lag or resets. Not this.
    This is not a "game issue" when it comes to how the game was made, its a people problem on how they treat others who don't like kills taken.

It does when it's their game. Their opinion is the final one.
    So am I renting this game??? I was sure I brought my copy, thanks for the heads up

Point? It's in jest for ppl who complain about something so trivial.
    Trivial to you, not so trivial to others.

Quote Originally Posted by jp.3 View Post
    Ok. NFI, I agree when you say it not a problem. Its more of an annoyance. But as far as "Its their game"...
    Yes it is. But we are the ones who fork out a lot of money to keep EPIC in business. Without us there would be no game in the first place. No offence dude.

Anyway, how come theres no thread saying 'Thanks EPIC. You guys have worked extremely hard at this game. Just to let you know its appreciated'. We all seem to complain too quickly. Build a bridge. Get over it. Love Gears. Rant over x
    You must of missed >>>this<<< thread.

1st, it's EVERYONE at Epic. not one guy.
    O.K. wrong choice of word "because Epic thinks......" better? you knew what I meant.

2nd, There is NO way to actually steal a kill. You can take a down, not a kill. Until the enemy is DEAD, they are up for grabs by anyone. And this is coming from someone who rarely gets to finish off one of his own downs.
    Still using semantics, the end result is someone not getting another kill in there stats. Using the phrase "steal a kill" is what is not gained when someone kills the player you have downed and are about to finish off in the way you please. Are you truly using this word manipulation as a reply???....really??

So I see you believe its O.K. for people to steal kills... gotcha.

Really, why have stats and ribbons and medals attached to kills and executions? Why have a K/D stat? This just means all that stuff is BS and meaningless wasted data in the game that could of been used for something to help the game work better and would make more space available on the disk for better things. Or....Why not add more rubbish like a "You Almost Had Him" ribbon? every time you down someone and somebody else finishes them off you get this ribbon. Man I'd have boat load of that ribbon.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rtma

I don't mind kills being shared but when I try to execute someone only to have it shot out mid attempt constantly gets on my Nerves after a while, feels like they're being selfish, wither I downed them or not.
    My Player Data was Reset(Late Afternoon, 31 Oct 2010, Progress Lost {+10 GMT}) Feel Free to talk to me or Check my Profile Page, if you like to learn a bit about me. ^.-.^
    Preferred COG - Aaron Griffin Preferred Locust - Theron/Golden Locust/Myrrah Preferred Weapon Skins - Rifles - Deadly Cute. Shotguns - Ultraviolet - It's so FABULOUS, I love it.
    My Suggestion to make the Sawed-Off Shotgun a viable option Thread. Looking for some Australian/NZ Friends to play Gears of War 3 with me, Click for Criteria. Survival Versus Mode Game type Concept! Click & Take a look.

If kill stealing is not an issue and this is a team game why have individual stats?

Get rid of personal k/d and have a team k/d

The fact I put in the work for the down the kill should be mine

Granted I do give some away in situations where it makes sense. But other than that I want my down

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Wolfskin

I do it... but then again if I didn't guess what we'd lose.

I play TDM, my only focus is for my team winning and that means I kill anything in my line of sight.

The amount of people on my team who have died as a result of humping a guy on the floor is why I do it. Get the kill, move on or I will.

I don't care about your K/D. Which is probably barely above 1.0 from what I've seen recently in the games I've played.

Granted I won't take the kill if it's safe and you're right there on top of the guy you've downed and not acting like a tool. But if you're far away or humping... I'm having it and there's nothing you can do about it.
    Last edited by Kryll!; 05-10-2012 at 08:41 AM.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Gee C Squared

I don't mind if people take my kills if it's a frantic situation. It's when I'm trying to execute someone that it annoys me (Oh boy do I want that onyx medal), but when that happens I do enjoy following them around 'complimenting' them on all the super sweet uber kills their getting.
    I have nothing cool or witty to say here.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: The Wavegun

The white knights have spoken.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

The white knight thing to do is spot the down, get your 30 points and keep on moving.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kryll! View Post
    I do it... but then again if I didn't guess what we'd lose.

I play TDM, my only focus is for my team winning and that means I kill anything in my line of sight.

The amount of people on my team who have died as a result of humping a guy on the floor is why I do it. Get the kill, move on or I will.

I don't care about your K/D. Which is probably barely above 1.0 from what I've seen recently in the games I've played.

Granted I won't take the kill if it's safe and you're right there on top of the guy you've downed and not acting like a tool. But if you're far away or humping... I'm having it and there's nothing you can do about it.
    Your so interested in winning and not kills yet you keep tabs on the K/Ds of others. Wonder why those players barely have 1.0s.

Also, you stick around to make sure it's safe otherwise it's a free kill. Guess what, you aren't getting revived or helped in battle...

and there's nothing you can do about it =D
    Last edited by Zetametroid23; 05-10-2012 at 12:54 PM.

Prisoner 849
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Dark Infinity 1

I know you can take DOWNS, but I doubt you can take KILLS.
    The closest I have seen to a stolen kill is getting a headshot on someone who was frag tagged or stuck with a torque. You know they are essentially dead but still not dead yet.

The stop thief ribbon I assume was intended as a response to all these complaints of kill stealing, not actually confirming that Epic considers it stealing kills. At least that's how I look at it.
    Q: How will the new Carmine die this time?
    A: Chainsaw, it's gotta happen sooner or later.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Infinity 1 View Post
    The stop thief ribbon I assume was intended as a response to all these complaints of kill stealing, not actually confirming that Epic considers it stealing kills. At least that's how I look at it.
    Couldn't it also be that in Beast losing points slows your progression to the next tier, so Epic put in a ribbon to compensate. Most of the time it's barely any noticeable amount of points because if you did all the work to down them, the person who gets the actual kill will get scraps if they had no part in the enemy being downed. There's also a mutator unlock that promotes people just wildly killing anything on the ground as a Wretch.

I think you have to be pretty blind to not see that there is such a thing as kill stealing, but it's just very situational. Last enemy downed. You're swapping your weapons, or whatever so that you can get the execution on them that you want. Guy just snipes the downed guy from across the map. I think we can all agree that would fall under kill stealing. I know it's a team based game, and every kill is progress for the team's overall objective, but I doubt all these executions were put in the game just so no one could use them.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast