MSgt. Shooter Person

Default Updated: Blank UDK install May 2012

EDIT: I have updated the blank install to the latest version if anyone wants it. I have also included the old download as well for anyone in need of it. The same instructions apply and have fun!

Hello all!

I am fairly new to UDK and from the very beginning I have had an issue with other games, such as UT, being joined in with UDK. So I have spent a while now studying how the engine works so I can make a blank install for the latest version of UDK, which as of this writing is March 2012. This Blank install has no dependency on UTGame, only UTEditor.

DOWNLOAD HERE: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/53792213/Bla...ll_May2012.zip

PREVIOUS (March 2012): http://dl.dropbox.com/u/53792213/Bla..._March2012.zip

INSTRUCTIONS:

1. Install a clean copy of the March 2012 UDK

2. delete the Development\Src folder and the entire UDKGame folder

3. Replace each with the Blank install folders.

4. Do a full recompile and run the UDK editor and all should work

I have included some base UnrealScript files located in Development\Src\BlankGame so that it all works but feel free to make your own. The config files are all set up with the BlankGame Package as well. You need to put in your map in the DefaultEngine.ini file but the editor will run without you having to fill in those parameters.

If you need any help just reply here with your issue and the most recent Log file (located in UDKGame/Logs) and I will try and help you!

David
    Last edited by PeripheralGames; 05-24-2012 at 05:12 PM.

Hey,

I replaced the files correctly and ran Unreal Frontend and did a full recompile and every time I try to launch the UDK editor it just hangs on the loading screen for a couple of minutes and then crashes.

I tried with both the March 2012 UDK and their respective files and the May 2012 UDK and their respective files.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Intii View Post
    Hey,

I replaced the files correctly and ran Unreal Frontend and did a full recompile and every time I try to launch the UDK editor it just hangs on the loading screen for a couple of minutes and then crashes.

I tried with both the March 2012 UDK and their respective files and the May 2012 UDK and their respective files.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!
    Go to the UDKGame folder and have a look in your logs folder. Send me the most recent log file and I will tell you exactly whats wrong. Most likely the config files are referencing something that has been deleted.

On another note when you first run the editor it will always hang as it has to recompile all the shaders.

Quote Originally Posted by PeripheralGames View Post
    Go to the UDKGame folder and have a look in your logs folder. Send me the most recent log file and I will tell you exactly whats wrong. Most likely the config files are referencing something that has been deleted.

On another note when you first run the editor it will always hang as it has to recompile all the shaders.
    I attempted to do this again and everything seemed to work fine. Thanks for your help though

Redeemer

What exactly is this ?

Nice share info!
    -----
    Kizi

MSgt. Shooter Person

Awesome work! Been looking for this for a while, can fit it on my ramdrive now.

MSgt. Shooter Person

i have warnings when start udk editor with may blank files...

http://www.mediafire.com/?i13adoxf5c3qcpa

You can ask for a blank version of the November 2012.

Iron Guard

Quote Originally Posted by VRMnogomir View Post
    You can ask for a blank version of the November 2012.
    Well the November version pretty much has that feature built in. lol Unless selecting that feature is what you meant ofc... in which case yeah it's very usefull.