Default Anyone get Cog Tags to work?

First just wanted to say thanks to this board; I just got back into Gears editing and there's a ton of good info here.

Now the question: Has anyone gotten Cog Tags to work in their level? Be able to place them in the level, and allow the player to pick them up?

Searching this board and googling has turned up nothing, and I haven't been able to find any examples by opening up existing game files in the editor (though maybe I'm missing something).

In Kismet there's a "Has COGTag" condition, but that's all I found that looked relevant.

Thanks,
    - S

Palace Guard

You seriously weren't looking that hard through the levels then, lol.

Just like the weapon pickup factory, there's a sort of cog tag factory.

You could just copy one from one of the SP levels like SP_Prison_P, but I mine as well do a step by step array for ya since you seem to be just getting back into things.

0. Listen to this as you complete the next steps
    1. Open the generic browser (Basically it should be to the left of the green K)
    2. Click on the "Actor Classes" tab
    3. Uncheck the "Placeable Classes Only" checkbox
    4. Expand "Navigation Point"
    5. Expand "PickupFactory"
    6. Expand "WarPickupFactory"
    7. Select "WarCrimsonOmenPickupFactory"
    8. On your map, right click and choose "Add WarCrimsonOmenPickupFactory Here"
    9. Right click on that actor, and choose "WarCrimsonOmenPickupFactory Properties" to view the actor properties
    10. Expand the "WarCrimsonOmenPickupFactory" Section
    11. Click the combo box value for "TagID" and choose which cog tag you want it to be.
    12. If you are still stuck, repeat steps 1 through 12 again, while listening to this other song, and pay close attention to the second line
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitpawz View Post
    Glue a camera to the back of the bowl? Why would you want to make that kind of movie anyway? It's sick.

I am able to place the WarCrimsonOmenPickupFactory in the map (it's a single player map), but the tags don't appear when I play the map, in both preview mode in the editor and when I publish and play from the game.

I thought it might be because when I played through the game most recently I collected most of the tags, so maybe it wasn't showing me the tags I'd already collected. But I tried every TagI, and none of them work.

Is there something else that needs to be set up to get Cog Tags to work correctly?

Palace Guard

Quote Originally Posted by scott4 View Post
    I thought it might be because when I played through the game most recently I collected most of the tags, so maybe it wasn't showing me the tags I'd already collected. But I tried every TagI, and none of them work.
    Well, that's new.... seriously, I remember doing the whole cog tag thing way back and being like, sweet, it works...... how interesting it doesn't now, hahaha.

This intrigues me quite a bit.... I wonder if copying it into notepad and putting in extra lines like bhiddengame=false will work.... hahhaha!

hmm, noticed when going to play in editor, all of a sudden looking at properties the Bhidden checkbox is checked.... Epic you bastards, first you took away the randomness of a person tagging someone with a grenade and winning a match, and now this!
    Last edited by JUGGERNUT; 05-09-2012 at 08:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitpawz View Post
    Glue a camera to the back of the bowl? Why would you want to make that kind of movie anyway? It's sick.

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ade2004wally PSN ID: ade2004wally

I actually tried this method recently and it still doesn't work...
    My blog:
    http://3dwally.com/
    GT/PSN - ade2004wally
    No I'm not gay, I'm nothing YET
    ---- Martin Prince