MSgt. Shooter Person

Default Exporting Diffuse Maps from UDK

Quick question, for those who have time.

I stopped making diffuse maps by hand, after realizing I didn't have to.
    I started working with a tiling texture in Maya, exported my model into UDK, and it handled the texture coordinates for my model/UV Map.

Problem is, I need the actual diffuse map for a project I'm working on, but I don't want to make them by hand.
    Is there any way to extract a material (that udk has made) into a diffuse map? (example below)

Again, I need the diffuse map but don't want to make it by hand in photoshop.

You know Maya has much better tools for that than UDK

MSgt. Shooter Person

There is a tool that will make the actual diffuse map for me? Might you have the name? That sounds like a solution.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Keltar3007

Ya...U'd need to create a material and give it the color (diffuse)...Then make some lights in your scene...Apply the material to your mesh...then click on your material, shift click on your mesh...in your hypershade window, go to Edit>Convert to file texture...That should create a new Surface shader...click on it, and go to its attributes...Click on "outcolor" and click "View"

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Kelt'ar View Post
    Ya...U'd need to create a material and give it the color (diffuse)...Then make some lights in your scene...Apply the material to your mesh...then click on your material, shift click on your mesh...in your hypershade window, go to Edit>Convert to file texture...That should create a new Surface shader...click on it, and go to its attributes...Click on "outcolor" and click "View"
    Wow man! Thanks Got it to work out easily with your directions.