Thread: Wallbouncing

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: v Gow x Theron

Default Wallbouncing

So I'm trying to learn how to wallbounce effectively and get better at it so I can use it in combat to get the upper hand. Any tips/things I should remember to do to be better at it? Help would be appreciated..
    Dom: You hear that? What was that?
    Marcus: It's just the wind
    Dom: When's the last time the wind said "Hostiles" to you?

\\★//

MSgt. Shooter Person

try not to be predictable, a lot of people wallbounce a lot but it can be very predictable so they die easily, mix it in with a good strafe and you become a very very hard target.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Whiteboy Gnash

Send me a message, I can show you a few things in game

GT: stubborns
    Whiteboy Gnash
    Characters: Alex Brand/Emergence Era Baird
    Gears 2: Rank 100 Gears 3: Rank 400 Gears Judgment: Re-Up 3 lvl 20
    My Connection

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: PaleHorseOfDeth

tips? go play gears 1
    Please allow me to introduce myself,
    I'm a man of wealth and taste,
    i've been around for a long, long years
    and stole many a man's souls and faith

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Maaaaaz

Should only really use it to evade multiple people. 1 on 1 it's more effective to strafe.
    The left stick is more important than the right in determining whether you'll go to the wall or not. You don't have to look at it to move towards it, so long as your left stick is going in the correct direction.
    Civilian Anya -Flame Grenadier
    Level 47/100
    Team Metal Hammerburst - Team Metal Gnasher

The Retro Lancer- it has the DAMAGE and RANGE of the HB; it has the CLIP of the lancer; it has the 2PIECE of the Gnasher. And people say it's not OP?
    Quote Originally Posted by MIST GHILLIE View Post
    its kind of sad everything epic hates about gears is everything what made the first 2 games completely unique and straight up classics.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: A S S IM A IN

don't do it all the time. only when necessary.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: v Gow x Theron

Thanks for your posts guys, I'll add you a bit later when I get on stubborns
    Dom: You hear that? What was that?
    Marcus: It's just the wind
    Dom: When's the last time the wind said "Hostiles" to you?

\\★//

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: XxVv DANNY vVxX

Like people have said, don't be predictable. A speedy wallbounce mixed with some drunken strafing (ItsVefy on Youtube has a vid) makes you impossible to hit. Unless you lag...

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Last Entei

I love making a show of people when I wallbounce...Always fun
    Sarah <3

Last Entei add me on Xbox Live

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DaGRiM DeStRoYr

When wall bouncing effectively, the goal is to cancel out of cover in mid slide, so you are barely hitting the wall. It's also smart to mix it up, don't just bounce side to side. When bouncing side to side, someone with a good strafe can easily lead their shots where you are going to bounce. So to confuse enemies bounce to the same side sometimes, and a healthy mix of strafe and wall bouncing is going to give you the best results.

The most important advice is to practice, go to a map in private match with a good set of walls to bounce on like old town's pistol spawn. This is the best advice I can give, Im not a pro wall bouncer or anything, but am capable of using it in an effective way to get kills.
    Thanks to Capt23n I have finally obtained SGE!
    Cog: Bernie Mataki/ Coletrain/ Com Dom/ Mech Baird LE
    Locust: Myrrah/Savage Maurader/ SGE (Thanks to Capt23n)
    Loadout: Lancer/ Gnasher
    EGFC Member 249
    Formerly known as ChelseaGRiN

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Uitz

- Watch youtube videos, really what I can say lol.

- Play claw, I'm a really superb wall bouncer, and that's what I use. Not being a dick or anything, but I'm really good at bouncing.

- Like everyone else stated, don't be predictable. Majority of wallbouncers 'Zig Zag' when grabbing in-between walls. My tip? There's many alternatives, changing grab lengths, wall distance, but personally grab a wall twice and mix it up.

- Don't be afraid of grabbing walls from a long distance. Many youtube videos display breaking mid grab, but grabbing long walls are useful as well. Being behind the opponent & more. Gears 1 bounce is still effective.

-------

Good luck!
    Drone dies in the upcoming Gears of War 4.
    Thanks to @Craigums @Dediservers for the 'FoN' DLC Code!
    Thanks to III LYCAN III for my 'SGE' Skin & 'SK' Skin & my 'CD' Skin !!! You've completed my PO collection, thanks so much.
    Thanks to II EVOL ONE II for my 'MB' Skin!
    Thanks to Cher for my 'Season Pass' Code & giving away goodies on Flak's Anniversary!
    Thanks to Flak for my 'Launch Skin Set' , happy Anniversary & 10+ awesome years to come!
    Thanks to CaptainSlayer for my 'Jungle Tai' Code!

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Avid Ashes

Quote Originally Posted by War Pigs View Post
    tips? go play gears 1
    What?? Gears 1 Wallbouncing is immensely different than Gears 3

As for the question for tips, just try to mix in the strafe as well. If you can mix in both, your movement will be pretty great.
    Thank you Epic for making one of the most insane games I've ever played!!!!
    Check out my YouTube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/incineratefire

Redeemer

Quote Originally Posted by iLuke View Post
    - Play claw, I'm a really superb wall bouncer, and that's what I use. Not being a dick or anything, but I'm really good at bouncing.
    Not everyone who is good at wallbouncing plays 'Claw' and so I wouldn't really consider that as a tip/helpful hint....plus it takes time to play 'Claw' and so doesn't really help him in the short term.

Quote Originally Posted by oMarcus View Post
    So I'm trying to learn how to wallbounce effectively and get better at it so I can use it in combat to get the upper hand. Any tips/things I should remember to do to be better at it? Help would be appreciated..
    Don't be predictable in battles....mix it up between strafes and wallbounces....
    Perfect example:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqgoc...0&feature=plcp

P.S.
    If your looking for some techniques than just PM me a message with your GT and I will add you/help you out.
    Last edited by SNiPaZoR; 05-06-2012 at 10:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by IBYCFOTA View Post
    Gears took the core mechanics of what made the multiplayer special and either removed them or mangled them beyond recognition. All this for what? To attract the gamer with the attention span of a nat who will play the game for a month and then go back to his favorite FPS or the next flavor of the month title? They're not the ones who are going to be buying all of the DLC and still playing the game 9 months after launch. That would be your hardcore fanbase, the one you've alienated with your changes to the point of no return. Remember them? Don't worry, you will soon enough.
    R.I.P - Gears of War = 2006/2012
    </3

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: rafaeltaua

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xPuritania

Quote Originally Posted by Maaaaaz View Post
    Should only really use it to evade multiple people. 1 on 1 it's more effective to strafe.
    The left stick is more important than the right in determining whether you'll go to the wall or not. You don't have to look at it to move towards it, so long as your left stick is going in the correct direction.
    Exactly this.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Uitz

Quote Originally Posted by SNiPaZoR View Post
    Not everyone who is good at wallbouncing plays 'Claw' and so I wouldn't really consider that as a tip/helpful hint....plus it takes time to play 'Claw' and so doesn't really help him in the short term.
    I didn't state everyone who was good played claw, I was just making a suggestion. It's a playstyle that benefits & since he's learning now it could be considered a option.
    Drone dies in the upcoming Gears of War 4.
    Thanks to @Craigums @Dediservers for the 'FoN' DLC Code!
    Thanks to III LYCAN III for my 'SGE' Skin & 'SK' Skin & my 'CD' Skin !!! You've completed my PO collection, thanks so much.
    Thanks to II EVOL ONE II for my 'MB' Skin!
    Thanks to Cher for my 'Season Pass' Code & giving away goodies on Flak's Anniversary!
    Thanks to Flak for my 'Launch Skin Set' , happy Anniversary & 10+ awesome years to come!
    Thanks to CaptainSlayer for my 'Jungle Tai' Code!

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rezhistance

Only do it when there's two or more people, and remember.. The best strafer can always beat the best wallbouncer..
    No... The Forums don't make much sense...

People complain to use the search bar, and when people actually do they complain about bumping an old thread.

For those that care- Rank: \\*//
    K/D: 2.8 W/L: 1.7 | No I dont care about stats but just to prove you wrong

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Gettin Gnashty

Use the alternate control scheme. It separates the roll (evade) and take cover actions into two separate buttons. "A" is take cover (or wall bounce) and "X" is roll/evade. Pickup weapon is switched to "Y" and point of interest is activated by clicking the right stick.
    This keeps you from accidentally rolling during an intense moment in the game.
    Characters: Classic Baird / Grenadier Elite[/COLOR]
    Weapons: Gnasher/Lancer
    1.4 Overall K/D
    Current Level: 78

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: gloves78

Quote Originally Posted by MxcnPro12 View Post
    Only do it when there's two or more people, and remember.. The best strafer can always beat the best wallbouncer..
    No that's wrong good wall bouncers win most times. It's like strafing but instead of stepping Fromm side to side you slide

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Fade To Bacon

> Try your hardest NOT to bounce into the other player. He will more than likely shoot you in the face.
    > Try not to have a predictable bounce.
    > A higher sensitivity will help.
    > Do not spam the A button; this will most likely make you roll into walls. Playing on Alternate will help.
    > Do not try to be a balls to wall bouncer. What I mean by this, is don't try to be fancy and bounce all over the place for no reason. Pick when it's the right moment to bounce, or strafe.

Quote Originally Posted by gloves78 View Post
    No that's wrong good wall bouncers win most times. It's like strafing but instead of stepping Fromm side to side you slide
    You're wrong too. It depends who is better in that situation.

Sometimes I can beat a bouncer with a good strafe, sometimes I can beat a strafer with a bounce. It's all about who is bouncing and who is strafing.
    Last edited by Fade To Bacon; 05-07-2012 at 04:02 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LoGx Heaven View Post
    Team Essence will try to be at the next Hypefestation!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranethar View Post
    This is really good for the community, now no one has the fear of coming last! Should get lots more teams now.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: XxVv DANNY vVxX

Quote Originally Posted by iLuke View Post
    Play claw, I'm a really superb wall bouncer, and that's what I use. Not being a dick or anything, but I'm really good at bouncing.
    If he doesn't know how to wallbounce at all I doubt telling him to play claw is going to help...

Quote Originally Posted by Maaaaaz View Post
    You can use it 1 on 1 still. In fact I think it's more effective than strafing (once your fast enough)

Redeemer
    Hosting an Ivory Skin Fun Run...in the Philippines
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: bunneeHOP

I'm not the best at this but scrounging the forums made me see that your sensitivity settings greatly affect how good you can wallbounce.

Try checking our arCtyC's thread for this: http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...ted-12-18-2011

But after that, it's just PRACTICE, PRACTICE, and more PRACTICE.

A good practice site is the park spawn area (not sure what it's called) at Raven Down. Try Zig-zagging from the spawn area to the middle fountain area to the end of the building wall near the Raven while wallbouncing.
    Achievement Helpers Team: Member Ivory Skin Fun Run Thread
    Seriously Judgmental 033113
    Slayer of Samael 040113 - Thanks DarkAp!
    Thanks to Everyone Who's Given Me Codes! You Are All The BEST!

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: gloves78

Quote Originally Posted by ChocolateBacon View Post
    > Try your hardest NOT to bounce into the other player. He will more than likely shoot you in the face.
    > Try not to have a predictable bounce.
    > A higher sensitivity will help.
    > Do not spam the A button; this will most likely make you roll into walls. Playing on Alternate will help.
    > Do not try to be a balls to wall bouncer. What I mean by this, is don't try to be fancy and bounce all over the place for no reason. Pick when it's the right moment to bounce, or strafe.

You're wrong too. It depends who is better in that situation.

Sometimes I can beat a bouncer with a good strafe, sometimes I can beat a strafer with a bounce. It's all about who is bouncing and who is strafing.
    What. The best guys wall bounce an smash straffers. Yeah sure occasionally straffers will win but then so will the snub vs shoty that doesn't mean the snubs better.