Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: The Kerminater

Default Tips for these medals?

I have just a handful of medals left until I get that achievement, and these two are really kicking my ass.

I need the ones for "Severing 5 Lambent mutant arms" and "Killing 3 Lambent Headsnakes".

The problem is that I can never really get the Drudges to mutate. They usually just explode or run after me before death. And when I actually get Drudges to spawn, there's like a max of 3, so all of them have to have the same mutation for this to work. Is there anything I can do to make this easier?
    Onyx Lancer | Golden Gnasher

MSgt. Shooter Person

Do it in Campaign. I was playing 4-player Insane arcade tonight, Act 1, and picked up both of these medals without even trying.

The "pruner" one can be done in Horde too, especially if you manage to arrange it so that the mutated Drudge is the last enemy alive. Position yourself so that you can see one or both arms but the drudge can't see you, and fire away.

I think there's some trick to getting the long-neck version of the Drudge to become a headsnake, don't kill it too violently, I think? It also seems like it's more common on higher difficulties.
    Last edited by Batou667; 05-06-2012 at 07:45 PM.

Boomshot

Campaign is definitely your best bet for this. Also, playing on normal or harder difficulty increases your chance of Drudges mutating as opposed to just dying.
    ___,...---'---..---...,,,,',
    [__--_;=-o@Reign187''====
    ``/ /-'-|___|---;;;;;;;;;;;;:'

Massive Thank you to Bumble8eeTuna for my Chicks Dig the Baird tee & for being a truly EPIC boyfriend ❤ ★
    ★ Special mention to Parasidian & Rishy ★ Thank you to Capt23n for my SGE code ★ Many thanks go to Cher for the early access FoN code ★

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SBobRoundPants

Reign is right-the other trick is if you only get part of your goal,before you get to the next checkpoint,pause and select restart from last checkpoint. Your totals will accumulate,and you should easily get your ribbons!
    Last edited by SbobRoundPants; 05-06-2012 at 08:08 PM. Reason: correction
    SBobRoundPants onXBL
    Big Thanks to VIKING for the Kick Ass COG Tags and CrypticAshes for Adam Fenix!
    EGFC Member, Onyx Guard and XBox Live Ambassador
    Insane Horde, Insane Beast, KOTH and Professional Swearing Enthusiast

Redeemer

do 4-2 on normal/hardcore with a 2nd controller and shoot the drudges in their stomachs then they mutate.
    you can get 3 drudges @ the beginning then just reload checkpoint as needed.

Redeemer
    Hosting an Ivory Skin Fun Run...in the Philippines
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: bunneeHOP

Got this a while back but as what our friends said in their posts above, play this in campaign hardcore / insane (for a real challenge) in Cole's chapter as enemies have higher durability on these difficulties. If you'de be playing arcade mode, i suggest you don't use the Super Reload mutator as it could ruin your chances in having the drudges mutate as your bullets would instanlty kill them if you did active reload.

Now when you get to the market area (checkout mp map), there would be lambent drudges sprouting from the stalks. Shoot them at their yellow bellies. That would stir them into mutating into the 3 limb or 1 large headsnake drudge.

To get the "Severe 5 lambent mutant arms" DON'T SHOOT THE BELLY. Just shoot the arms. (rather obvious)
    For the "Killing lambent headsnakes" SHOOT THE BELLY so the body will explode leaving an angry headsnake slithering towards you.

Just reload the checkpoint and repeat. You'll get the achievement in no time.

Hope this helps!
    Achievement Helpers Team: Member Ivory Skin Fun Run Thread
    Seriously Judgmental 033113
    Slayer of Samael 040113 - Thanks DarkAp!
    Thanks to Everyone Who's Given Me Codes! You Are All The BEST!

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WhismaR

The severing arms one can be done quite easily if you're lucky enough to get a mutated Drudge that both sprouts arms and grows tall/spews Polyps. These variations will regrow their arms after they are shot off, just rinse and repeat until you've had your fill.

Personally, I find Horde pretty adequate for doing this and the Headsnake one, unless luck screws you and gives you non-Lambent waves. By Waves ending in 4 onward, Drudges will mutate, and it shouldn't be too hard to find more than enough of them, so long as you don't blow through them too fast. Same with Campaign, higher difficulties will yield more durable Drudges. I know Super Reload is tempting to get through this fast, but you might overdo it and never see mutations.

Might also help if you go solo. Since you'll be the one getting all the kills(assuming you can outshoot bots for Campaign), you should succeed.

Lastly, hate to be nit-picky, but I believe you mean ribbons, not medals. Thought by "that achievement" you meant Seriously 3.0.
    Last edited by IsmaR; 05-07-2012 at 05:00 AM.
    Need to beat Survival on Insane, to get specific achievements, or just like playing in general? Drop a request here.
    Quote Originally Posted by illbegon3 View Post
    There is literally too much derp going on in the forums right now.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SBobRoundPants

The one poster is right though-you have to be playing in at least two player mode to get ribbons. If you can't find someone to help, log in a guest on a second controller and play it in splitscreen.
    SBobRoundPants onXBL
    Big Thanks to VIKING for the Kick Ass COG Tags and CrypticAshes for Adam Fenix!
    EGFC Member, Onyx Guard and XBox Live Ambassador
    Insane Horde, Insane Beast, KOTH and Professional Swearing Enthusiast

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: FA7ALtheGOD

If you get a drudge to spawn it's arms, they keep growing back when you shoot em off.

Just give it like 5 seconds and they grow right back .. you shoot off two sets, then a single arm and you'll get the ribbon no problem.
    Be the change you want to see in the world. - Ghandi.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh C Slater

Do them in campaign, the Act where Coles taking everyone through hanover to the store. There's a few stalks that will pop up on the way to the market that will spew out a couple drudges, then there should be plenty more inside.
    LYCAN - SGE | FL4K - Launch Skins | *Zap* - SK | Carmine COG - MB | NFI - Gold Lancer | Dantes Rage - Flaming Gnasher
    Thank you all for your generosity.

Redeemer
    Hosting an Ivory Skin Fun Run...in the Philippines
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: bunneeHOP

Sorry, i forgot to mention. You have to play this in 2 player (just like our friends mentioned above) to get the achievement. Just Sign in a 2nd controller or ask a friend to join to get the achievement.

Peace out!
    Achievement Helpers Team: Member Ivory Skin Fun Run Thread
    Seriously Judgmental 033113
    Slayer of Samael 040113 - Thanks DarkAp!
    Thanks to Everyone Who's Given Me Codes! You Are All The BEST!