MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Captain Doku

Lightbulb Please Bring Back XP For Gears 2!!!!!

Hey everyone, i know someone else has posted something like this recently here in this section,and i've personally put my support behind it, but.

I'm kind of trying to help spread the Word, i'm currently trying hard to level up in Gears 2, and it's really hard once you get past 70.

It's taken me like over a Month just to get to level 80!, and those were on Good day's.

And when i had time to kill, there are alot of other players who just can't commit to the time like i've used up...(ah, the sky fresh air....sniff, i miss it..).

LOL, , but i do try my hardest, like many others.

So, i hope everyone who reads or views this, PLEASE GIVE A SHOUT OUT!!!, Write!!, Reply, tell People like Flak and others to Bring Back an XP Day!!!

At least once a Month!!, at the most, there still are lots of Sickly Awsome Players still playing Gears 2, so make your voice Heard!!!.

Epic Forums, Please Bring back XP Day, on Behalf of Lots of us Gears 2 People.

Thanks for Your time, Guy's and Gals, bye.

Redeemer

Yeah there's only so much flak and cher can do tho and i feel bad about bothering them over and over ya know?
    i know every1 bumps these threads but i don't think many ppl are hitting folks up on twitter (where epic employees are more likely to respond)

https://twitter.com/#!/epiccog <-tweet that fool!!
    let's get #gears2xp trending

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Tried to Twit than,but something is deffinately wrong, Thanks for putting that up though, Sick man, I'll keep trying, and anyone else following this thread, please Help!, there are still lots of sick players on this, Spread the Word, Give a Shout Out to Epic via Twitter!!, MAKE EM LISTEN...lol

Boomshot

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CJ 1825 PSN ID: CJ1825

I actually like the idea of, say, the 1st of every month being like 10x exp or something. That would be neat. Not too much, but enough to help those that really want Veteran Gear.

I'm all for it Cap'n. lol.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Yeah, 10 times would be a Huge Help, Thanks CJ, Anyone else reading this, or another thread in Gears 2 Forum, Pass the word, Shout it Out!!...(but not too loudly, lol).

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: look ma no head

I've been working hard on gears for the last few weeks for around 2 hours a night and I've only gone from 70 to 71.
    What ever I can do to help get an xp event I'm in to help.
    Keep bumping but with no luck
    Member of EGFC (Member 130)
    Gears of war 2 Gold wings
    Gears of war 3 Blue 28
    Gears of war judgement re-up 3 - 23
    Need Alex Brand, Anya Stroud, Young Dom
    Have same spear codes, Gears 1 dlc x2, Jungle Tai x2 and classic hammy

Marrow Fiend

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Xx2KiLLxZoNExX

Instead of a big xp weekend event I'd rather have something like permanent 6x xp or something.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: quantum binman

Quote Originally Posted by xKiLL ZoNEx View Post
    Instead of a big xp weekend event I'd rather have something like permanent 6x xp or something.
    It is permanent 4x now so I don't think that would make a massive difference to be honest...

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

They sometimes hold an XP Event for Gears 3, and with so many out there like myself trying to Earn the Veteran Medal and More, i think it'd be more than fair from the people at Epic to just bring it back at least once a month!.

There are still so many Sick and Awsome Players out there still playing it..(i would know, i alway's get my butt KICKED,lol).

I got ahold of Flak through Twitter, she'd try,but let's all do our best and let the Big Heads at Epic know what's going on, "Shout it Out".

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Zubi Fett

Quote Originally Posted by xKiLL ZoNEx View Post
    I agree, but i believe it shall remain in a permanent 15x-20x.

Cause i m sooo bored of the resets.
    "Fear the Onyx Guard"

"Thank you to everyone involved on the creation of the Gears of War universe, I've truly enjoy it so far"

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

15 to 20?, Sounds Sick Man, Nice

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Doku View Post
    15 to 20?, Sounds Sick Man, Nice
    It is require, anything less and it will take too long to get to rank 100, i get reset 4-5 times all with in 70-80 ranks. So from my point of view, anything less than a permanent 15-20x won't be enough to get the rank 100 before getting reset.
    "Fear the Onyx Guard"

"Thank you to everyone involved on the creation of the Gears of War universe, I've truly enjoy it so far"

Marrow Fiend

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Lectrolux View Post
    It is permanent 4x now so I don't think that would make a massive difference to be honest...
    It a massive difference if you compare the xp earned from 20 games of 4x xp and to 20 games of 6x xp. I'd say its a good idea.

Boomshot
    Inside the TARDIS, planning my next trip.
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: UNDEAD MIKE 95

20+12=32
    32x XP for the first week (Monday to Sunday) of every month until the end of the year then permanent 16x after that.
    What do you think?
    Sound good?
    Is it too much to ask of Epic?
    Am I ugly? Yes I am. :P
    I have 0 Paintball Weapon Skin codes left. I'll try an get more ASAP (last updated 6/7/2013 2:33 GMT) I just need Aftermath Baird now. Thanks to The Anya Bunni for the TM Code Bacon may be tasty, but I would never trade Sam for anything! The Walking Dead TV Series is the best! Long Live Rick and Michonne!. Also can wait for the Doctor Who 50th Anniversary special!

I say they start with x2 and increase by 2 every week until the next DLC. Or the exp amounts should fluctuate each week.
    Signature removed, over allowed size

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by UNDEAD MIKE 95 View Post
    20+12=32
    32x XP for the first week (Monday to Sunday) of every month until the end of the year then permanent 16x after that.
    What do you think?
    Sound good?
    Is it too much to ask of Epic?
    Am I ugly? Yes I am. :P
    Sounds perfect
    "Fear the Onyx Guard"

Marrow Fiend

Gamer IDs

I like the idea of increasing xp each week. A month of xp would be good.
    Week 1 of a month: 5x
    Week 2 of a month: 10x
    Week 3 of a month: 15x
    Week 4 of a month: 20x
    After the month is over: Permanent 6x xp!

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Niceeeee Kill, That Sounds so Sick and Great, lets all cross our fingers, and Tweet Epic, "Shout it OUT!!"

Marrow Fiend

Gamer IDs

Hopefully they'll see these threads and give an xp event. At least a 10x xp.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

For Sure Bud, Anyone else reading this Thread, be Ye just a Player or More, "Shout it Out" to everyone, Friends, fellow Site Members!!, Let's all bring back an event.

When Epic released Gears 3, and came out with the idea of the Veteran Medal, they should have also brought back the Double XP event, players like myself and many other dedicated Gears have been trying hard to just Earn that Medal.

You would have had to go back to Gears 2 and Rank Up!.

Doing something like that is pretty quick at first, but as soon as you hit 70, it takes even LONGER.

I'm doing the best i can, and am at level 81, but it would be a lot easier for me, and everyone else Dedicated to this great game to have the Event brought back.

So Please, You Big Importante' Like People at Epic Reading this, and fellow Gears,

Please Bring Back the XP Event, Thanks for your time guy's and gals,bye.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Hey Everyone, well, i've recieved some news, from Mr.Graf and Flak, both Claim there is already an xp event going on now!??

What get's me, is this is the first time i've ever heard of it!, Not that i myself don't appreciate the gesture, i think maybe it could be Better!

Yeah, maybe it's kind of Greedy, the Folks at Epic like Flak, Cher and Mr.Graf have done a great job, but i just want MORE.

Some friends of mine have suggested here it should be 10 times, Flak responded nothing could be done, for now, but with enough support, maybe we can get Epic to Change their minds.

So many people like myself playing these games, simply want to "Earn" what we can, sure they've given us 4 times the xp, but, it's taken me like months, and i've been playing Gears 2 NON-STOP!

Every day i play as hard as i can, and i can only imagine what it's like for others with so little time to spare!.

So please, "Shout it Out", send Epic and Mr.Graf ye're tweets!, 4 times is just not enough!, maybe 30 times is a bit too much,but, maybe what KillZone suggested would be ok, 10xtimes.

Hope whoever views this, or reply's, will do their part, Thank You, to fellow Gears and Alike, Take care.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

That sounds like a big no to me. We better just forget about it.
    "Fear the Onyx Guard"

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Holmesl92

no I tweet at them everday saying "fix your game" but they never reply......I wonder why?

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Ah, No!, sorry bud, but i'll never stop, i'm not just doing this for me, well kind of, it's also for everyone else playing Gears 2, i persnoally think Epic should take a step back and maybe thank those like us, working hard to earn da achievements and medals.

Many other games out there have done it, Black Ops, and more, on Black ops almost every Week theres Double XP on something called NukeTown!, so why the heck can't Epic Do the same thing!.

It's not right, that's m two cents, even if i got shot down, keep replying!!, keep tweeting!!, if Sony could do it, So can Microsoft, and Epic, "SHOUT IT OUT GUY'S"!!!!!

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Riding atop an Ashen Blight like a cowboy, only more badass.

Quote Originally Posted by Holmesy View Post
    no I tweet at them everday saying "fix your game" but they never reply......I wonder why?
    Because they're busy fixing their current game perhaps? They have more things to be concerned with that an outdated game I'm sure.
    "I am divinity. I am the father of nations and peoples. Everything that exists on this planet exists by my forbearance. I am the thing you merely pretend to be. I am god and king... and you can never defeat me!"

Galath - The Worker of Secrets

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Riding atop an Ashen Blight like a cowboy, only more badass.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Doku View Post
    Many other games out there have done it, Black Ops, and more, on Black ops almost every Week theres Double XP on something called NukeTown!, so why the heck can't Epic Do the same thing!
    Maybe because the COD series has damn near unlimited funds to maintain such practices?
    "I am divinity. I am the father of nations and peoples. Everything that exists on this planet exists by my forbearance. I am the thing you merely pretend to be. I am god and king... and you can never defeat me!"

Galath - The Worker of Secrets

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Maybe they do, MAYBE, But just how Big is Gears of War right, and Epic has come a long way from what it was once.

Maybe i am being a little greedy, but again, bringing back an event say 10 times, once a month, is more than fair.

Not everyone has like forever to Rank up, i know that personally, most of who i played with work really hard and only have so many hours a week to play.

It's been awhile since Gears 3 has been released, many like me have unlocked many achievements, characters and skins, have gone back to Gears 2 to unlock a Medal and more, but didn't expect to take forever to rank up.

I think with enough people replying, tweeting, that Mr.Graf and da major heads at Epic will understand and realize that there are genuine players, who loving this game, have taken so much time out of their lives to simply play it.

It could be like a appreciation day for Epic Gamers, many who are just interested in Earning and Unlocking what they can, so really i think with enough People "Shouting it Out Event!!", a way to thank us.

Just writting Flak and Cher isn't enough, those lady's can only do sooo much, we all gotta get together and show Mr.Graf and the Heads what we all think.

Make em realize it, that Epic gamers want an 10xtimes event want More, and we do deserve it.

I Genuinely think that, at least tweeting once a day, saying Hello, and being sincere, really goes a long way with them, they'll be like,"You know, maybe we should do something to thank these devoted players".

Lol, well that's my two Cents, So, anyone else reading this, Thank you so much for your time, Please!, Tweet Mr.Graf via a link here, reply here!, let all our voices be heard, Let Epic Know, Da Players want MORE.

Thank You For Your Time

Redeemer

Man i have to say it really sucks that it took this long just to get back to someone and to hear something we already know(about the x4xp).
    i got into gears 2 pretty late and i don't mind grinding things out but i get limited time to play these days and between not having much time and grinding in gears 3,
    It's just really difficult.

If they just put it @ x10 that'd be ****ing awesome!.

I've sent msg's to joe on here and twiter as well and have asked all the epic employees on twitter too.
    i also think that people aren't really messaging them on twitter(@least compared to everyone bumping these threads here) and that coupled with a low inclination to really change anything i think there isn't going to be much in the way of anymore xp increase.

I know they have other priorities but it's not too much to ask that they continue having weekend events or to change the xp 1 last time.
    Right now i don't see them having any incentive.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by tootybananas View Post
    Man i have to say it really sucks that it took this long just to get back to someone and to hear something we already know(about the x4xp).
    i got into gears 2 pretty late and i don't mind grinding things out but i get limited time to play these days and between not having much time and grinding in gears 3,
    It's just really difficult.

If they just put it @ x10 that'd be ****ing awesome!.

I've sent msg's to joe on here and twiter as well and have asked all the epic employees on twitter too.
    i also think that people aren't really messaging them on twitter(@least compared to everyone bumping these threads here) and that coupled with a low inclination to really change anything i think there isn't going to be much in the way of anymore xp increase.

I know they have other priorities but it's not too much to ask that they continue having weekend events or to change the xp 1 last time.
    Right now i don't see them having any incentive.
    I do not have tweeter, and even if i had i won't tweet them since i see such an attack to there privacy, its there tweet, not Epics tweeter.

In other words, even if you sending the tweet to an as whole who works there(not pointing to any one, just and example) it will be a violation of his/her privacy, its just not the correct way to ask it.

And now let my add they should have the property to tell us yes or no, not doing it is being disrespectful to us.
    "Fear the Onyx Guard"

Redeemer

Quote Originally Posted by Zubi Fett View Post
    I do not have tweeter, and even if i had i won't tweet them since i see such an attack to there privacy, its there tweet, not Epics tweeter.

In other words, even if you sending the tweet to an as whole who works there(not pointing to any one, just and example) it will be a violation of his/her privacy, its just not the correct way to ask it.

And now let my add they should have the property to tell us yes or no, not doing it is being disrespectful to us.
    I have to disagree.
    All the epic employees use twitter to communicate with people cos it's quicker than coming on the forums.
    Petenub regularly updates the event/changes on his twitter(his tweets are even stickied) cher,flak,quinn,cliffy b etc
    as much as i'd like this to happen i wouldn't infringe on their privacy.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

I wouldn't want to interupt them ither, and it's cool that they have their own twitter to talk to each other.

What i'm getting at is exactly what some have posted on this page, they simply have no time to work on their ranking!.

I restate that i've spent almost every day ranking up, hours even, but i'm lucky, unlike others.

Sure Epic has alot on their shoulders, but if enough people make themselves heard, i'm sure the folks there would actually listen!.

And even if it takes a year, and i rank up by than, i'll still try!, this isn't just for me anymore, i really believe in what i'm doing here.

With enough people writting, and leaving reply's here on da forums, in time these fine folks will hold another event.

Maybe using twitter is kind of a bad way, i didn't know, never used it myself really, thanks to my bud for posting the link on twitter, but i'll back off and give it a break.

Thanks to everyone for their thoughts, and reply's, good or bad, just getting your voices heard is what it's all about.

Take care

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: x EeMBe x

I hope we get an event soon
    YouTube.com/EMiN3MHD Twitter: @EMiN3MHD
    Proud member of the Old Guard & Beta Tester
    Thanks to III LYCAN III for the green weapons
    Thanks to Digital for the Com Dom
    Thanks to Kaylila for Emergence Era Baird
    Thanks to PopeAdrian37th for Jungle Tai
    Thanks to Cher & FL4K for the Savage Kantus on Flak's 10th Anniversary

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ChalupaTroopa4

I'd go back and play some Gears 2 if they had some XP days. Ever since my rank got reset in Gears 2, I have always felt a little Jipped off that I didn't get my Gold Gnasher in Gears 3.

ChooChooBot
    Thank you to Cher for the Season Pass!
    Thank you to GODS R3ACH for the Infected Omen code!

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

I've heard back from both Mr.Graf and Flak, and while i do appreciate them taking the time to write me back, i've began to think bringing back an event may not be possible, even still, i hope enough people viewing this thread, will help to do their part.

Shouting it Out isn't just enough, leave your say, let people know at Epic just how much you love Gears!, cheesy move i know,but, i started this thread to help benefit everyone here.

The event Mr.Graf said is on now, 4x Times, isn't enough, people are still struggling to Rank Up!, while i do not encourage others to tweet anymore, please, just have your say here, i know Mr.Graf and others are really reading these threads!.

When Gears 3 came out, alot of fellow Gears Players wanted to Earn what they could, Medals, Skins, Achievements, etc, i've seen alot of sick players, most of whome have kicked my butt alot, lol.

Alot of people simply do not want to spend an entire year, like me, i really want to get back to Gears 3, when i start something like Ranking up in Gears 2, i NEVER stop!.

So PLEASE, anyone reading this thread, please take a moment, leave your Say, and think about your fellow Gears.

Thanks

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

I m not sure what you are asking Doku, are you asking people not to be so insistent with it like tweeting crazy?

If so I agree, but I m really not sure if thats what you mean.
    "Fear the Onyx Guard"

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Snorkelbottom

I would have thought that Epic would have made a permanent XP event for Gears 2 with a decent multiplier, to encourage more people to get their wings to unlock those little extras in Gears 3.

But I have learnt recently that Epic are ignorant, and no longer value the opinion of their fans.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

What i meant Zubi, is i agree about the not tweeting them, while they do have alot on their plates, i dont' think tweeting em personally will help much.

We just gotta keep at em, like on this thread, they do check these threads every now and than, and i don't think they mean to be disrespectfull, they just have so much on the go.

But everyone here has their right to say, i have no right to say otherwise.

Let's all do what we can here to let Epic know how we really feel.

The XP event they have now is NOT ENOUGH!, like some others have said on this thread, maybe once a month, someone from epic can set about a 10 times XP event, this surely would put alot of people at ease.

It would help alot to Epic's Fan's, MILLIIONS AND MILLIONS OF EM AROUND THE PLANET.

Maybe that's a little too much, but we're all talking about Gears of War!!, who hasn't heard of it!!.

Like i said before, i love Gears of War, i'm personally trying hard to Earn what i can, or Buy, it just feels so much better instead of IDIOTS GLITCHING!!.

So far the Skins, Charcters and Achievements i've unlocked, i've Earned!!, by myself and with friends!!.

So Epic, Mr.Graf, PLEASE HELP US AND BRING A BETTER XP EVENT!!.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

"We just gotta keep at em, like on this thread, they do check these threads every now and than, and i don't think they mean to be disrespectfull, they just have so much on the go."

That excuse is not valid for me, saying Yes, no or maybe does not take time, not doing it is disrespectful, like if it was not worth the time, enlist from my point of view.

Well millions :P, millions did play, few remain, but even less enter this forums :P
    Last edited by Zubi Fett; 05-21-2012 at 07:14 PM.
    "Fear the Onyx Guard"

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Well that's your right Zubi, i have no right to say otherwise, here's hoping with enough help, maybe Mr.Graf and Epic will do something, i'm so eager to earn my Wings in Gears 2, and like many others.

I don't care how much i get beat, i still get back up and try again, LOL, lame, but it's true.

Let's all keep doing our part, we all Love Gears, let's Show it!!!.

Anyone with friends on X Box Live, please spread the Word about this thread!

Thanks