Boomshot

Default Too early for a review of The Slab (book)?

Just want to know have many people read The Slab yet. I'm itching to start a review thread but think its a little early. If you have read it then post away with spoiler tags.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: XxVv DANNY vVxX

Are any major questions answered? About Adam, Myrrah etc? Don't want spoilers though

From what Jedi told me, Karen made a few BIG mistakes.
    Quote Originally Posted by JaquesThePepin View Post
    You know we're doomed when todays kids see a fake digital item being more valuable than a real man made piece of art.

http://gearsofwar.wikia.com/wiki/User:JacktheBlack

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Croswynd

Big mistakes? Uh oh, that doesn't sound...good.

Quote Originally Posted by Croswynd View Post
    Big mistakes? Uh oh, that doesn't sound...good.
    Its a big canon conflict with the comics.
    You know we're doomed when todays kids see a fake digital item being more valuable than a real man made piece of art.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: osowanted PSN ID: osowanted

Hey guys is ther comics still after the second hardcover book the pne with alex? plz message if there is and how to get them
    Thanks to CallMeHost for the Golden Hammerburst code!
    Thank you to NFI for the Mechanic Baird
    !
    Thank you Cher, Zap, and DarkAp for choosing me hope you all had a awesome Christmas!

MSgt. Shooter Person

Not really. If {redacted} was 6 on E-Day then it works out. I don't recall ever getting an age for that character. That would make them 16 during the Battle of Ephyra, the same age Dom was when he signed up. Only conflict is a single line in the comic about when they finished "basic". Doesn't really seem like a BIG mistake, is it really that much of a deal?

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Sleeveless Man

Can not wait to read it. I'm only on like page 200 of Coalition's End. And then I'm going to try to wait for The Slab to come out on iBooks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominic Santiago View Post
    Look, a Scorcher. Ben would've liked this. That kid really loved fire.
    Support a new Locust, Bolter, for Gears 3 MP! Click Here!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Joveus View Post
    Not really. If {redacted} was 6 on E-Day then it works out. I don't recall ever getting an age for that character. That would make them 16 during the Battle of Ephyra, the same age Dom was when he signed up. Only conflict is a single line in the comic about when they finished "basic". Doesn't really seem like a BIG mistake, is it really that much of a deal?
    Also, who gives a **** about that character.

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: jamieBAWSOOT

Quote Originally Posted by Solid_Gear View Post
    Also, who gives a **** about that character.
    Not me, but this did leap out at me as being "wrong".
    Epic Forums, before I go, I just want to tell you... You were fantastic. Absolutely fantastic. And do you know what?

So was I

Boomshot

Is the character a certain young male by any chance?

For me it wasn't a BIG mistake because I have not read the comics. From what I've leaned in my previous thread then it still ties in with Op Midnight. That was his first proper Op (with his own squad) so he could still have went on runs with Delta/Bravo before that.

@Darkness: Regarding Adam yes. Myrrah no - more questions need answering than were answered I feel.
    Last edited by james288gto; 05-06-2012 at 02:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by james288gto View Post
    Is the character a certain young male by any chance?

For me it wasn't a BIG mistake because I have not read the comics. From what I've leaned in my previous thread then it still ties in with Op Midnight. That was his first proper Op (with his own squad) so he could still have went on runs with Delta/Bravo before that.

@Darkness: Regarding Adam yes. Myrrah no - more questions need answering than were answered I feel.
    Midnight was around A.E 14 and the battle he fought was in A.E 10.

The age of a side character isnt a "big mistake"
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyMcClure View Post
    Nice Find. It was a legit bug and fixed in the retail version today.

So once Gears 3 releases, when you use the torque, take a bit of pride in knowing you helped make it better

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by NFI View Post
    The age of a side character isnt a "big mistake"
    It's not huge, but it's... obvious, if you get me?
    Epic Forums, before I go, I just want to tell you... You were fantastic. Absolutely fantastic. And do you know what?

So was I

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    It's not huge, but it's... obvious, if you get me?
    Obvious, absolutely. I said the same thing when I saw it. Even in Raams Shadow there are issues w his backstory.

So once Gears 3 releases, when you use the torque, take a bit of pride in knowing you helped make it better

MSgt. Shooter Person

Obvious, absolutely. I said the same thing when I saw it. Even in Raams Shadow there are issues w his backstory.
    Plus the comics make a big deal out of his ear, with appears whole in game. They've been very... what's the right word... inconsistant (?) with that particular character...

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Joveus View Post
    Plus the comics make a big deal out of his ear, with appears whole in game. They've been very... what's the right word... inconsistant (?) with that particular character...
    Which is one of the many reasons that I hate him.

I wish he'd just go away tbh.

So was I

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Wisdom Thumbs

It's a pity, because he was such a good character in the comics (and even his limited appearances in the books)... up until Gears 3, when he completely changed. Even more of a pity because he actually had a good voice actor.

As for Epic and Traviss still not answering questions... all I can do is roll my eyes.
    I came up with the Bag 'N Tag idea. No really, check the date. (proof)
    Fanboy of Gears since GameInformer's 2005 cover-article
    Speedtest - my internet is slower than yours

"Tommorrow" - short story..................................................Games as Literature: Aspho Fields podcast

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Wisdom Thumbs

It's a pity, because he was such a good character in the comics (and even his limited appearances in the books)... up until Gears 3, when he completely changed. Even more of a pity because he actually had a good voice actor.

As for Epic and Traviss still not answering questions... all I can do is roll my eyes.
    I came up with the Bag 'N Tag idea. No really, check the date. (proof)
    Fanboy of Gears since GameInformer's 2005 cover-article
    Speedtest - my internet is slower than yours

"Tommorrow" - short story..................................................Games as Literature: Aspho Fields podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Wisdom Thumbs View Post

Even in Gears 2, he was much more assertive in his brief cameo in the hollow.

MSgt. Shooter Person

*****SPOILERS ahead so stop reading here*****

I thought the book started off a bit slow, but once it got into 12 and 13 AE I thought it started picking up quite well. ANd the very end made me realllllly wanna go play the first game again, but alas the power supply to my xbox isn't working.

Really, really hated that we didn't get many answers about Adam's interactions with the Queen pre-E-Day, or more answers on the Queen and her orgins/Locust orgins. Was happy that we got some mention of Mount Kadar and the Sires though. Would like more clarification but if I remember correctly I think it did mention experimenting with imulsion on humans.

And I was also hoping we'd get some post-Gears 3 stuff. I want to see how humanity is rebuilding, and what secrets Marcus and the rest of them are figuring out (like the Queen's history and whatever)

I'm hoping the lack of all this means there are more books or maybe even a game to come in the future, despite what Cliff has said about Delta's story arc not coming back

I'm hoping the lack of answers about these things hints at either a future boo

Quote Originally Posted by WWZSniper87 View Post
    **.And I was also hoping we'd get some post-Gears 3 stuff. I want to see how humanity is rebuilding, and what secrets Marcus and the rest of them are figuring out (like the Queen's history and whatever)

I'm hoping the lack of all this means there are more books or maybe even a game to come in the future, despite what Cliff has said about Delta's story arc not coming back

They said a while back they will not extend a post gears 3 story line. The war and story and done.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: osowanted PSN ID: osowanted

I say we should get some pensulum wars like when they found tai
    Thanks to CallMeHost for the Golden Hammerburst code!
    Thank you to NFI for the Mechanic Baird
    !
    Thank you Cher, Zap, and DarkAp for choosing me hope you all had a awesome Christmas!

Boomshot

Quote Originally Posted by WWZSniper87 View Post
    I thought the book started off a bit slow, but once it got into 12 and 13 AE I thought it started picking up quite well. ANd the very end made me realllllly wanna go play the first game again, but alas the power supply to my xbox isn't working.

Really, really hated that we didn't get many answers about Adam's interactions with the Queen pre-E-Day, or more answers on the Queen and her orgins/Locust orgins. Was happy that we got some mention of Mount Kadar and the Sires though. Would like more clarification but if I remember correctly I think it did mention experimenting with imulsion on humans.

And I was also hoping we'd get some post-Gears 3 stuff. I want to see how humanity is rebuilding, and what secrets Marcus and the rest of them are figuring out (like the Queen's history and whatever)

God yes man I had to stick the game in after two or three chapters! Thought the book fitted well with events in the first game. The explanation about Hoff's grizzly attitude towards Marcus on his return was great. Like he had to pretend he wasn't glad to see Marcus back.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Sticking Kim and Valera with my big ole knife and wearing my chainsaw proof armor
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: N1SSASSA

Even in Gears 2, he was much more assertive in his brief cameo in the hollow.
    Are we talking about Jace here?
    [Gears of War: The Journey] - Fan Fiction Short Story, any feedback appreciated"
    [Gears of War: The Onyx Platoon] - Fan Fic
    Don't care about KD, winning, or anything else. All I care about is playing as RAAM and pissing people off with my SAWED OFF YEAHHHH.