Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 41
  1. #1
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    6,041
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Terra D Serph PSN ID: Terra_D_Serph

    Default About Rank Resets

    Dear Community,

    Alright, I believe I've completely figured out how someone will corrupt their player data. Actually having it done to me has made me realize that I shouldn't have been doing what I was doing at the time.

    Most of it is due to impatience. A lot of times when the match ends, I sometimes forget to leave before the next match starts loading, so I'm stuck in the waiting screen. I figured out if you decide to turn off your console before the next match starts loading, you could corrupt your data.

    Also, this should be obvious, but any time that the game is saving, and you turn it off before the save is complete, the data may become corrupted.

    You know, when you all played your PlayStation, and the game always said "Saving, Do not touch the Power button or remove the Memory card." Yeah, there was a reason for that.

    So, Let's go over what we've learned today:
    • Do not turn off your console while a match is loading
    • Do not turn off your console before your progress is saved
    • Do not touch your memory card(your hard drive is just a giant memory card that can hold more than just save data). It's better if you just don't touch it at all.



    Hope this clears things up, if they haven't been cleared up already. So yes, stop complaining that it's Epic's fault and try to remember what you were doing before your data became corrupted. This has been a part of gaming since the dawn of memory cards, and it's only now that they don't put the warning in the largest font possible that people start blaming the company for their corrupted data(go figure).

    And don't forget to back up your data on a flash drive or cloud drive every now and then.

    Love,
    Nefiiria
    Last edited by Terra D Serph; 05-05-2012 at 01:06 AM.
    Imagine if OverRun was placed as a PC standalone game.
    Also, Thrashball should be a professional E-sport.

  2. #2
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    139
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: OkingReaperOA1 PSN ID: OkingReaperOA1

    Default

    Yeah finally every one complains that is epics fault but it isint is there fault they even told us to back up our data but do people listen noo!! If we mess up somthing is our fault not there's

  3. #3
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Outworld
    Posts
    335
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: v3nom39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OkingReaperOA1 View Post
    Yeah finally every one complains that is epics fault but it isint is there fault they even told us to back up our data but do people listen noo!! If we mess up somthing is our fault not there's
    I honesty don't think I should have to back up anything. BUT! It is a problem I've learned to accept (not willingly) its been going on since g2. The OP has great points to avoid common mistakes that may cause it. Thanks for the clarity.
    COG- Mechanic Baird
    LOCUST- The ORIGINAL savage kantus

    Thank you Dead Cell RAAM for the mechanic Baird code!

  4. #4
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    6,041
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Terra D Serph PSN ID: Terra_D_Serph

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Venom714 View Post
    I honesty don't think I should have to back up anything. BUT! It is a problem I've learned to accept (not willingly) its been going on since g2. The OP has great points to avoid common mistakes that may cause it. Thanks for the clarity.
    Yeah, technically you shouldn't have to back up anything. However, most people choose to not follow what is considered common sense to people(like me) who grew up as gamers, and instead do things like go to the dashboard or turn off their console when data is saving, or they decide to rattle their box, which can mess with the hard drive and potentially unplug it.

    Basically the people who are constantly complaining about how Epic "messed up their data" are either ignorant of the truth, or they know the truth and they're trying to put the blame on the developers, who not only aren't responsible for the loss, but have backups for it if you're intelligent enough to realize what's going on when it does happen. The servers they provide save your data on their side, but the priority goes to your hard drive when they load it.

    The cloud storage/usb backup just allows you to be a bit less strict with your impatience.
    Imagine if OverRun was placed as a PC standalone game.
    Also, Thrashball should be a professional E-sport.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Doghouse out back....
    Posts
    1,552
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: PUGDOGZ

    Default

    I remember exactly what I was doing,horde wave 27 on normal dificulty public match.Nobody messed up my data,was fine up until the game froze and reset my account.Sorry I was just playing the game when it happened.I'll try to stop playing next time......thanks for clearing this up for me though,apreciate it.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nefiiria View Post
    Dear Community,

    Alright, I believe I've completely figured out how someone will corrupt their player data. Actually having it done to me has made me realize that I shouldn't have been doing what I was doing at the time.

    Most of it is due to impatience. A lot of times when the match ends, I sometimes forget to leave before the next match starts loading, so I'm stuck in the waiting screen. I figured out if you decide to turn off your console before the next match starts loading, you could corrupt your data.

    Also, this should be obvious, but any time that the game is saving, and you turn it off before the save is complete, the data may become corrupted.

    You know, when you all played your PlayStation, and the game always said "Saving, Do not touch the Power button or remove the Memory card." Yeah, there was a reason for that.

    So, Let's go over what we've learned today:
    • Do not turn off your console while a match is loading
    • Do not turn off your console before your progress is saved
    • Do not touch your memory card(your hard drive is just a giant memory card that can hold more than just save data). It's better if you just don't touch it at all.



    Hope this clears things up, if they haven't been cleared up already. So yes, stop complaining that it's Epic's fault and try to remember what you were doing before your data became corrupted. This has been a part of gaming since the dawn of memory cards, and it's only now that they don't put the warning in the largest font possible that people start blaming the company for their corrupted data(go figure).

    And don't forget to back up your data on a flash drive or cloud drive every now and then.

    Love,
    Nefiiria
    Some of your causes cause rank reset but I was reset just because it happened.

    I never turn off my console when everything is saving or loading, for me it just happened from the nowhere, but still good points in your thread.

  7. #7
    Prisoner 849
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Not Playing Judgment, U.K
    Posts
    989

    Default

    ^nice

    what u dont realize is people aren't doing anything wrong and still getting reset, like my friend who after playing went to menu, then to dashboard then turned his xbox on the next day and he was reset (hows that his fault and not epics)

  8. #8
    Iron Guard
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    791
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: GParrosMustache

    Default

    I turned my console off last night before my progress was saved and I didn't get reset. Definitely dodged a bullet on that one.

  9. #9
    Seriously...

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Superior, WI
    Posts
    14,949
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: DenyThisFlesh

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PugdogsDaddy View Post
    I remember exactly what I was doing,horde wave 27 on normal dificulty public match.Nobody messed up my data,was fine up until the game froze and reset my account.Sorry I was just playing the game when it happened.I'll try to stop playing next time......thanks for clearing this up for me though,apreciate it.
    The OP didn't say that all instances of resets are due to user error, but many are and can be easily avoided. Your situation was unfortunate, but it's still possible to save your data if that happens.
    Thank you to Gear1987 for my Savage Grenadier Elite!
    Thank you to IBLEEDgears for the Jungle Tai!
    Thank you to Gears_Of_Law for the Judgment Team Metal code!
    Thank you to III LYCAN III for the Alex Brand code!
    Proud father as of 10:54pm(central time) on 7/27/2010

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Venom714 View Post
    I honesty don't think I should have to back up anything. BUT! It is a problem I've learned to accept (not willingly) its been going on since g2. The OP has great points to avoid common mistakes that may cause it. Thanks for the clarity.
    Data can get corrupted at any point in time for any number of reasons, it's not EPICs fault, or any other game developer. It happens in other games. It's been going on since well before Gears. It's not exclusive to this game. It was rampant in Black Ops, for example.
    Last edited by NFI; 05-05-2012 at 04:22 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyMcClure View Post
    Nice Find. It was a legit bug and fixed in the retail version today.

    So once Gears 3 releases, when you use the torque, take a bit of pride in knowing you helped make it better

  11. #11
    Palace Guard
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    3,698
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Asthenie

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OkingReaperOA1 View Post
    Yeah finally every one complains that is epics fault but it isint is there fault they even told us to back up our data but do people listen noo!! If we mess up somthing is our fault not there's
    Not everyone check Twitter, Fb or the Forums of Epic Games, this people just bought the game and starting to play, they don't know about those issues. But as the OP says, those people obviously has played some game before that says 'Saving, don't push the Power Button or disconnect the memory', maybe most of the Rank Reset it's just cause of a Console freeze, that was my case of rank reset.
    Allfather

    They want you, soul and body

  12. #12
    Redeemer
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Maison Izumo, Shinto Teito, Japan
    Posts
    1,822
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Ms Kazehana

    Default

    Cher put it pretty plainly. Can't find the quote, but she said to never trust imaginary storage devices. Always keep your own personal data back-up. Yeah, yeah, we shouldn't have to back up our data, but it's better to be safe than sorry.

    "Tief in meinem Herz Bist du Verbor" R.I.P. Rory BumGod I think about you every day.
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteNub
    it's about your preference, teammate pops a spot after you smoked, run through the mist predator style
    I'm Sekirei #3, Kazehana. There are only 2 people that are allowed to talk down to me. And YOU are neither of them.

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Doghouse out back....
    Posts
    1,552
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: PUGDOGZ

    Default

    http://youtu.be/UpmxsHchpB8 I found this vid extremely helpful,all have a good day and happy hording !

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Black Ops 2 Lobby
    Posts
    16,129
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: XxVv DANNY vVxX

    Default

    This is one of the causes of rank resets (corrupting your save) but sometimes when the game freezes it's out of the players control. Gears 2 has even reset me when I wasn't even playing (left it at rank 69 when Gears 3 came out [lol] then I played it again a few months ago and I'm rank 1 )

  15. #15
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Outworld
    Posts
    335
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: v3nom39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NFI View Post
    Data can get corrupted at any point in time for any number of reasons, it's not EPICs fault, or any other game developer. It happens in other games. It's been going on since well before Gears. It's not exclusive to this game. It was rampant in Black Ops, for example.
    Really? In black ops? Ive never seen that before and I played alot of black ops. I'm not doubting what your saying I'm just trying to say we really shouldn't have to make a back up anything. Gears is the only games where Ive had rank resets or anything of that nature in any game I've played. Again I'm speaking from personal experience and I know we as gamers are different. Potental rank resets, backing up data, or lost progress I don't care I love gears and will continue to play regardless of issues, I just gotta be careful.
    COG- Mechanic Baird
    LOCUST- The ORIGINAL savage kantus

    Thank you Dead Cell RAAM for the mechanic Baird code!

  16. #16
    Boomshot
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Rock
    Posts
    2,670
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: TJY1972

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Venom714 View Post
    Really? In black ops? Ive never seen that before and I played alot of black ops. I'm not doubting what your saying I'm just trying to say we really shouldn't have to make a back up anything. Gears is the only games where Ive had rank resets or anything of that nature in any game I've played. Again I'm speaking from personal experience and I know we as gamers are different. Potental rank resets, backing up data, or lost progress I don't care I love gears and will continue to play regardless of issues, I just gotta be careful.
    True... for example CoD BOps Rank Resets.
    CoD WaW suffered the same illness.
    Campaign resets are also known happening in all CoD series.
    Last edited by tyrvas; 05-05-2012 at 12:26 PM.
    Very big THANKS to...
    EPIC + CHEEZMO619 + Flak + Cher + III LYCAN III + o WU LYF o + o RalstinatoR o + Eyedea + Total Eclipse + Viewing the hue + Yosoypr + SpinelessOyster
    ...you are all AWESOME!!

    Special Thanks to
    + III LYCAN III's Daughter +
    + ToxicFlint +



  17. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    180

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OkingReaperOA1 View Post
    Yeah finally every one complains that is epics fault but it isint is there fault they even told us to back up our data but do people listen noo!! If we mess up somthing is our fault not there's
    Of course its their fault. I don't recall any other games that rely so heavily on stats and achievements that has this problem. How many people get reset in COD?

    Epic screwed the pooch by not testing this or addressing it in a patch. If its unfixable its their fault for not designing a better game that doesn't have this problem.

    Its like buying a car that blows up if you go over 50 mph. Your saying its a known problem and the persons fault if they blow up because they knew not to go over 50 or else. Its actually the designers of the car who are at fault .

  18. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    West Midlands, United Kingdom
    Posts
    8,993
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Coleyman07

    Default

    Just remember to make and keep updating your back-up saves, people. And regularly bump the Reset and Back-up thread, too.

  19. #19
    Seriously...

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Beaumont, Texas
    Posts
    10,523
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Gnashes

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kenrichaed View Post
    Of course its their fault. I don't recall any other games that rely so heavily on stats and achievements that has this problem. How many people get reset in COD?

    Epic screwed the pooch by not testing this or addressing it in a patch. If its unfixable its their fault for not designing a better game that doesn't have this problem.

    Its like buying a car that blows up if you go over 50 mph. Your saying its a known problem and the persons fault if they blow up because they knew not to go over 50 or else. Its actually the designers of the car who are at fault .
    So it's Epic's fault that your console, that you own, gets corrupted data?

    Next it's going to be your doctors fault that you caught a deadly virus from aliens.

  20. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Venom714 View Post
    Really? In black ops? Ive never seen that before and I played alot of black ops. I'm not doubting what your saying I'm just trying to say we really shouldn't have to make a back up anything. Gears is the only games where Ive had rank resets or anything of that nature in any game I've played. Again I'm speaking from personal experience and I know we as gamers are different. Potental rank resets, backing up data, or lost progress I don't care I love gears and will continue to play regardless of issues, I just gotta be careful.
    There was a huge blow up about it. It's been in every COD game, Reach, among recent examples. Images of mw3 corrupted data messages are all over the net. Read this..


    http://www.callofdutymappacks.com/ne...r-rolled-back/
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyMcClure View Post
    Nice Find. It was a legit bug and fixed in the retail version today.

    So once Gears 3 releases, when you use the torque, take a bit of pride in knowing you helped make it better

  21. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    West Midlands, United Kingdom
    Posts
    8,993
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Coleyman07

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OkingReaperOA1 View Post
    Yeah finally every one complains that is epics fault but it isint is there fault they even told us to back up our data but do people listen noo!! If we mess up somthing is our fault not there's
    Epic do not endorse backing up your data.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gnashes View Post
    So it's Epic's fault that your console, that you own, gets corrupted data?

    Next it's going to be your doctors fault that you caught a deadly virus from aliens.
    Not sure if serious.

    Epic made Gears of War 3. Hence, the glitches and problems in it are their fault. You cannot possibly blame users for a problem that Epic have caused.

  22. #22
    Seriously...

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Beaumont, Texas
    Posts
    10,523
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Gnashes

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coleyman View Post
    Epic do not endorse backing up your data.



    Not sure if serious.

    Epic made Gears of War 3. Hence, the glitches and problems in it are their fault. You cannot possibly blame users for a problem that Epic have caused.
    I also can't blame Epic for a computer doing what computers have done since they were invented.

    Everyone makes a backup to protect sensitive data. Because data is easily corrupted, and all an Xbox console really is is just a computer.

    Data corruption... not Epic's fault.

  23. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Niagara Falls N.Y
    Posts
    700
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: TH3 ZomBiifieD

    Default

    Resets can happen at any time for no particular reason. So they are most certainly Epic's fault for not making public knowledge. You can even wait to dashboard after every single session you play, to turn off your xbox. But their is always still a chance of being reset. You could never freeze once, or never leave matches or turn off your xbox while it's saving and still be rank reset! The problem is not preventable, and can only be rectified by having a backup to your profile.

    No one that plays gears 3 is safe for any reason. Best "you all" understand that now. It seems not everyone was/is crystal clear on that fact?


    (Taken from my post in a previous discussion on Rank Resets in the issues Forum)

    To Add On: Rank Resets are far far more prevalent in Gears Of War, then any other game on the market. So even if it does rarely happen on other games like COD/HALO, It's high prevalence in gears should have Epic making a formal anouncement about how and why players should make a backup on the Gears 3 Buletin Board in the GOW 3 menu.

    Many people are still blind to the problem in the first place, and we all know why Epic doesn't want to make any Official announcement on the issue...

  24. #24
    Seriously...

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Beaumont, Texas
    Posts
    10,523
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Gnashes

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TH3 ZomBifiieD View Post
    Resets can happen at any time for no particular reason. So they are most certainly Epic's fault for not making public knowledge. You can even wait to dashboard after every single session you play, to turn off your xbox. But their is always still a chance of being reset. You could never freeze once, or never leave matches or turn off your xbox while it's saving and still be rank reset! The problem is not preventable, and can only be rectified by having a backup to your profile.

    No one that plays gears 3 is safe for any reason. Best "you all" understand that now. It seems not everyone was/is crystal clear on that fact?


    (Taken from my post in a previous discussion on Rank Resets in the issues Forum)

    To Add On: Rank Resets are far far more prevalent in Gears Of War, then any other game on the market. So even if it does rarely happen on other games like COD/HALO, It's high prevalence in gears should have Epic making a formal anouncement about how and why players should make a backup on the Gears 3 Buletin Board in the GOW 3 menu.

    Many people are still blind to the problem in the first place, and we all know why Epic doesn't want to make any Official announcement on the issue...
    Epic doesn't endorse the backup method because one of the steps listed in the thread have the potential to cause greater harm to your profile.

  25. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    West Midlands, United Kingdom
    Posts
    8,993
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Coleyman07

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gnashes View Post
    I also can't blame Epic for a computer doing what computers have done since they were invented.

    Everyone makes a backup to protect sensitive data. Because data is easily corrupted, and all an Xbox console really is is just a computer.

    Data corruption... not Epic's fault.
    Not sure if trolling...

    ...or genuinely believes that a problem that Epic caused isn't their fault.


    Epic have had years to test and ensure that the new ranking system worked without problems. Yet they still failed; problems still persist as a result of Epic not being careful enough in testing the ranking system. I literally cannot believe that you would blindly follow Epic's 'perfection' to the point where you can straight-up state that a problem that Epic has caused is not their fault.

  26. #26
    He who must not be named...


    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    30,140
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: TAO Devil

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coleyman View Post
    Epic do not endorse backing up your data.Not sure if serious.Epic made Gears of War 3. Hence, the glitches and problems in it are their fault. You cannot possibly blame users for a problem that Epic have caused.
    Epic endorses backing up data. They dont endorse Theivus' version.Seriously Coley? You can't blame a software developer for a hardware malfunction.Everything relies on computers. Thats like saying it's a car dealers fault for a manufacturers error.
    That was Zen, This is TAO
    Ranked #1 in the World for AWESOMENESS!

    Follow me @TAO_Devil Follow my Gaming Blog @DevilsGameroom or view the site The Devils Gameroom
    GzB Baby! WHOOOO! EGFC Member
    First member to ever hit 30,000 posts. I am He Who Must Not Be Named

  27. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Black Ops 2 Lobby
    Posts
    16,129
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: XxVv DANNY vVxX

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gnashes View Post
    Epic doesn't endorse the backup method because one of the steps listed in the thread have the potential to cause greater harm to your profile.
    And to be fair your version is a lot easier

  28. #28
    Seriously...

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Beaumont, Texas
    Posts
    10,523
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Gnashes

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coleyman View Post
    Not sure if trolling...

    ...or genuinely believes that a problem that Epic caused isn't their fault.


    Epic have had years to test and ensure that the new ranking system worked without problems. Yet they still failed; problems still persist as a result of Epic not being careful enough in testing the ranking system. I literally cannot believe that you would blindly follow Epic's 'perfection' to the point where you can straight-up state that a problem that Epic has caused is not their fault.
    Rank resets are a hardware problem, not a software problem. The data is being corrupted on your HARD DRIVE, not in the game itself.

    I'm going to leave before this turns into an argument, believe what you will.

  29. #29
    Marrow Fiend
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4,859
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: ll ALEX76 ll

    Default

    It never happened to me but alot of my friends get reseted for no reason just playing game.
    Saying it's not Epic's fault when it's Epic game is plain retarded.
    Getting old

  30. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Niagara Falls N.Y
    Posts
    700
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: TH3 ZomBiifieD

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gnashes View Post
    Rank resets are a hardware problem, not a software problem. The data is being corrupted on your HARD DRIVE, not in the game itself.

    I'm going to leave before this turns into an argument, believe what you will.
    Please get your head out of Epics *** and answer this one thing then, since you seem to think you know the answers...

    Why are Rank Reset's more than 10x more Common in Gears Of War, then any other game? I would wager it is more likely to be beyond 50x but i can't be 100% sure of that.

    I speculate it is likely a core problem somewhere in the coding, that even the Epic staff can't pinpoint without shattering the system itself.

  31. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    On Jacinto Grabbing the Frags
    Posts
    881
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: DBO1399

    Default

    Or going to dashboard when its loading

    I got a Dirty disc warning right when it was loading to a

    Nvm

  32. #32
    He who must not be named...


    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    30,140
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: TAO Devil

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TH3 ZomBifiieD View Post
    Please get your head out of Epics *** and answer this one thing then, since you seem to think you know the answers...

    Why are Rank Reset's more than 10x more Common in Gears Of War, then any other game? I would wager it is more likely to be beyond 50x but i can't be 100% sure of that.

    I speculate it is likely a core problem somewhere in the coding, that even the Epic staff can't pinpoint without shattering the system itself.
    Its more common only because its harder to track down than other games.

    ALL games suffer it. Games will always suffer from it.
    That was Zen, This is TAO
    Ranked #1 in the World for AWESOMENESS!

    Follow me @TAO_Devil Follow my Gaming Blog @DevilsGameroom or view the site The Devils Gameroom
    GzB Baby! WHOOOO! EGFC Member
    First member to ever hit 30,000 posts. I am He Who Must Not Be Named

  33. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    313

    Default

    it's funny, when you get a corrupted save on pokemon, the game will send you back to your last save instead of obliterating everything you've done. but when you get a corrupted save on gears....

    also to op saying it's not epic's fault- how come they won't sticky the thread showing how to make a back up? they sticked the thread that said it wasn't safe to go online but they won't sticky the rank reset thread? wtf is this?
    Last edited by Storm Center; 05-05-2012 at 03:33 PM.

  34. #34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TH3 ZomBifiieD View Post
    Please get your head out of Epics *** and answer this one thing then, since you seem to think you know the answers...

    Why are Rank Reset's more than 10x more Common in Gears Of War, then any other game? I would wager it is more likely to be beyond 50x but i can't be 100% sure of that.

    I speculate it is likely a core problem somewhere in the coding, that even the Epic staff can't pinpoint without shattering the system itself.

    First off the insults are unnecessary. Second, all of these "figures" are speculation you aren't sure of Any of your numbers. You see It in gears because you play gears more, it's all over the COD community as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyMcClure View Post
    Nice Find. It was a legit bug and fixed in the retail version today.

    So once Gears 3 releases, when you use the torque, take a bit of pride in knowing you helped make it better

  35. #35
    He who must not be named...


    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    30,140
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: TAO Devil

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Storm Center View Post
    it's funny, when you get a corrupted save on pokemon, the game will send you back to your last save instead of obliterating everything you've done. but when you get a corrupted save on gears....
    Did you ever even PLAY Pokemon? You lose everything. Ive lost far too many level 100 Charizards.
    That was Zen, This is TAO
    Ranked #1 in the World for AWESOMENESS!

    Follow me @TAO_Devil Follow my Gaming Blog @DevilsGameroom or view the site The Devils Gameroom
    GzB Baby! WHOOOO! EGFC Member
    First member to ever hit 30,000 posts. I am He Who Must Not Be Named

  36. #36
    Redeemer
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,092
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: HaloJesse

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TH3 ZomBifiieD View Post
    Please get your head out of Epics *** and answer this one thing then, since you seem to think you know the answers...

    Why are Rank Reset's more than 10x more Common in Gears Of War, then any other game? I would wager it is more likely to be beyond 50x but i can't be 100% sure of that.

    I speculate it is likely a core problem somewhere in the coding, that even the Epic staff can't pinpoint without shattering the system itself.
    You play a lot of Gears of War 3, game freezes, you might get reset.
    You play a lot of other game, game freezes, your data might get corrupted.

    Fable, Batman, Elder Scrolls, etc. suffers from this same corrupted data/save file. It's not only Gears.

    My entire account got messed up in Fable 3, had to make 3 accounts and find every chest and do every Demon Door to get the same weapons, which I had on that account.

    Some people gets their data messed up in Batman, leaving them to make a New Game. There goes their all Challenges, Riddles etc. they have worked hard on. (Challenges ARE hard, if you are not too familiar with the game)
    Thank you Cher for the GoW3 Beta code and the early access FoN code / Celestial Haven for the Commando Dom code!
    Thank you CaptainSlayer for the Jungle Tai code / SpinelessOyster for the Classic Hammerburst code!
    Thank you Bazinga-A7X for the Anya Stroud code / Gear Magnetic for the GoW2 Gold Lancer code!
    Thank you Gnashes for the Reaper Medal and Weapon Skins!

    Would you kindly?

  37. #37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coleyman View Post
    Epic made Gears of War 3. Hence, the glitches and problems in it are their fault. You cannot possibly blame users for a problem that Epic have caused.
    No. They aren't responsible for Xbox hardware freezes or data becoming corrupt. That can't be prevented.
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyMcClure View Post
    Nice Find. It was a legit bug and fixed in the retail version today.

    So once Gears 3 releases, when you use the torque, take a bit of pride in knowing you helped make it better

  38. #38
    Redeemer
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,092
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: HaloJesse

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Storm Center View Post
    it's funny, when you get a corrupted save on pokemon, the game will send you back to your last save instead of obliterating everything you've done. but when you get a corrupted save on gears....

    also to op saying it's not epic's fault- how come they won't sticky the thread showing how to make a back up?
    It's not 100% confirmed, that it helps. It might hurt your data, rather than help it. (Might get corrupted, rather than making a back up)
    Thank you Cher for the GoW3 Beta code and the early access FoN code / Celestial Haven for the Commando Dom code!
    Thank you CaptainSlayer for the Jungle Tai code / SpinelessOyster for the Classic Hammerburst code!
    Thank you Bazinga-A7X for the Anya Stroud code / Gear Magnetic for the GoW2 Gold Lancer code!
    Thank you Gnashes for the Reaper Medal and Weapon Skins!

    Would you kindly?

  39. #39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coleyman View Post
    Not sure if trolling...

    ...or genuinely believes that a problem that Epic caused isn't their fault.


    Epic have had years to test and ensure that the new ranking system worked without problems. Yet they still failed; problems still persist as a result of Epic not being careful enough in testing the ranking system. I literally cannot believe that you would blindly follow Epic's 'perfection' to the point where you can straight-up state that a problem that Epic has caused is not their fault.
    You are right about trolling, here. How can epic ensure the Xbox never freezes or corrupts data? How can they ensure p,ayers don't randomly turn off their console mid save? If its epics fault why does this happen in so many other games. Surely you know more than all the other developers whose games suffer the same fate, right?

    This isn't as easy as you imply. It's why it happens in many games. It's not one thing but a series of events.
    Last edited by NFI; 05-05-2012 at 03:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyMcClure View Post
    Nice Find. It was a legit bug and fixed in the retail version today.

    So once Gears 3 releases, when you use the torque, take a bit of pride in knowing you helped make it better

  40. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    313

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TAO Devil View Post
    Did you ever even PLAY Pokemon? You lose everything. Ive lost far too many level 100 Charizards.
    batteries died trying to save after beating the elite 4, i saw the corrupted save message and got send back to the champion.


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •