Default Gears Of War 4th title

Here is a wishlist of some of the things I would like to see in a 4th gears of war title.

- Unsymmetrical maps
    - Left click shoulder swap
    - Skill rank system/matchmaking
    - Default player cams only in ranked
    - reduced damage values on most guns
    - No team death match

Bigger unsymmetrical maps would be a good change to the gears universe, this game wouldn't have to be a sequel but a spin off titled Gears Of War:Unreal or some other. I would really love to see a true skill rank system with 100 level that you could move up and down based on team wins and individual performance.
    The default cameras would be necessary in ranked play to avoid players in voice chat to call out enemies or planted grenades. Reduce damage on most guns, skilled players can down someone with a Hb or Rl and just over 1 second, maybe lower the damage so it takes 2 seconds for a skilled player. Team death match ruined all the classic gears game types and should not be in a new gears title, let the noobs play any other shooter if they want death match, there is game types like KotH and annex for players that want a spawning game type.

Please comment and add to the list some of the things you would like to see in a 4th gears title .

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Captain Rex C67

Not a fan of many of these suggestions to be honest.

TDM should stay since it fills a gap Gears has had since Gears 1, and it hasn't ruined the other gametypes at all. People who like said gametypes play them, those who don't, play something else like TDM.

TrueSkill is the biggest epic fail of a ranking system ever and has been severely flawed from the get go (which is perhaps the reason why we don't see it used as much now as compared to the early days of LIVE on the original Xbox). If they came up with something different that could accomodate 100 ranks since Trueskill was only 50, then I guess it could work, but I've always felt 'skill' based systems severely dull and stupid as they don't represent skill at all. Variables such as lag just throw any element of skill out the window, and since Gears is prone to latency issues, this could be a serious problem. Even now, you can watch a brilliant team go down to low ranks since they were all lagging, and they shouldn't be punished for that which such a ranking system would do. Until the worldwide broadband network becomes relatively decent across the board and not to just a few, it'll never show 'true skill'.

Player cams could have it's own thread. There's pros and cons to the system, and while it can necassarily alter how a game plays out (who hasn't had a grenade they've planted located all of a sudden by the enemy?), I think it's great that the team can still work together even after death/during respawn times. It'd be good to try and have a Gears 3 event playlist to test out having no cameras available to see how people/ the game reacts to it.

Damage ratios are questionable at times (although this mostly comes down to cheating fools with modded controllers or lag issues), but I would say that with everything the way it is, the game is relatively balanced, and with this allows everyone to fall into their perferred groups. Currently, rifle people can get kills, shotgun people can get kills and pick up weapon people can get kills, which is great. We don't need more Gears 1/2 where they're one weapon games, and the signature iconic weapon is shooting foam at people instead of bullets.

Unsymmetrical maps is a nice idea. Dunno if they'd work on Gears though since we haven't had one and on games where they do, they are radically different than Gears.
    Gears of War Judgment: 1500/1500 Gamerscore
    Gears of War : 1250/1250 Gamerscore
    Gears of War 2: 1750/1750 Gamerscore
    Gears of War 3: 2000/2000 Gamerscore
    Custom Lancer Replica: http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/sho...t28061540Gears

Marrow Fiend

Fort Qu'Appelle Saskatchewan——Wishing he can play as a Lambent Drone :(
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: LambentHammerB

- Unsymmetrical maps
    Unsymmetrical maps are INCREDIBLY hard to balance.
    They work in respawn gametypes nicely; however in non-respawn types -- a team can easily get a nice advantage.

- Left click shoulder swap
    Unneeded as you can do it already by going into cover and out. However wouldn't mind it being a optional feature (like omni-directional evade)

- Skill rank system/matchmaking
    Cannot be changed. TruSkill is done by Xbox Live itself. All games that have Ranked must use the formula that Xbox gives.

- Default player cams only in ranked
    Not to sure what you mean by this (prepares to feel dumb soon lol)

- reduced damage values on most guns
    Damage is fine overall. We finally have a game where you're NOT forced to use a Gnasher. After 6yrs of being forced to; I love the change. Some tweaking is still needed yes.

- No team death match
    *looks at the player numbers in each gametype* -- Why yes, removing the most popular gametype is a smart move to please you fans. It'd be like removing Execution/Warzone. TDM has become just as important as those 2 now. You DON'T remove the most popular gametype in the next game. That's a piss poor design choice.

Game I'd like to see:
    Gears of War: For the Fallen

Campaign/Arcade:
    Pendulum Wars - It lasted for DECADES. So the possible story arcs they can do are endless. You can have the focus be on some familiar characters like Bernie and Hoffman and have cameo appearances of a young Marcus and Commando Dom.

In addition to the Campaign - they can have a "Untold Events" part. These would be single chapters or short acts in which cover events we heard of through character dialog, collectables ect.
    They can have things like you fighting the Locust the FIRST TIME EVER. Like being a CoG soldier that's dispatched as E-Day is happening. Seeing buildings get destroyed. Civilians (not Stranded, but nicely dressed Civilians) getting slaughtered by the rising Locust. They could add in the PC exclusive chapters from the PC game. See all the events that happened to Cole/Baird when they missed the train in Gears 1 and their untold parts during the events of Gears 3. See Prescott's difficulties on Azura. Be Locust when the Lambent first rise. ect ect ect

This would allow them to make a completely unique campaign and take Gears in a new direction (as the Locust and Lambent War has been told and ended) while also keeping the feel of Gears itself as the Locust, Lambent and Stranded will still be present. Just not the focus of the long campaign. However the "Untold Events" would keep that feel. Would also allow Epic to make quicker DLC's for this. I'm sure they have TONS of scrapped chapters from the 3 games. They could port them over.

Multiplayer:
    Humans VS Beasts
    Basically the same as it is now in terms of gameplay. The reason for the change from CoG VS Locust is due to the Pendulum Wars aspect.
    Humans would consist of Pendulum War era characters that are on both CoG and UIR. It'd also include the Gears1-3 CoG and Stranded.
    Beasts - Lambent and Locust

Canon wouldn't apply to MP. It would be impossible to even consider canon without angering fans. People would want their CoG from Gears1-3 but many would also want to play as the new Pendulum War Era CoG and especially the UIR.
    The UIR would be alongside the CoG. The reason simply being CoG VS UIR would completely change the feel of MP.
    Beasts - Epic could basically double their characters. Have their usual Locust - then they could map Lambent versions too. Like a Theron with yellow glowing eyes and glowing yellow veins throughout his body.

Maps:
    As people would want both the Pendulum Wars style and Locust/Lambent War.
    Every map would have a "skin". This could be hard to do with memory.
    Basically how it would work is round1: Uses texture set 1 in which makes the map look like Pendulum Wars era. More green and bright. Round2: Darker textures, Imulsion and blood on the walls. Any plant textures are invisible or look dead/dying.
    GT: LambentHammerB -- Trololol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6Yjkzmleoc -- Twitter: LambentHammerB
    ||| LYCAN ||| - Commando Dom -- NFI - Savage Grenadier Elite -- Beezy8869 - Adam Fenix -- Genoo - Infected Omen -- Autopsychotic - Golden Lancer -- CallMeHost -- Golden Hammerburst -- Cher - Cole Plushie
    Flak -- MechanicBaird/Savage Kantus/Launch Skin Collection/Beta Tester T-Shirt/Stickers
    PopeAdrian37th
    - Jungle Tai/Aftermath Baird/Neon Armor -- BrainDeadDan - Brisk Skin Pack -- Richardson94 - Lambent Skin -- Parasidian - Young Dom -- GzB - Anya --DraconianBriana - Early Access -- CrypticAshes -- Team Metal

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: v Gow x Theron

I think LambentHammerburst has some good ideas, I'd love to see them transported into a new Gears game.
    Especially due to the mention on the Pendulum Wars.. I've read the Aspho Fields book but I'd like to play it in game.
    Dom: You hear that? What was that?
    Marcus: It's just the wind
    Dom: When's the last time the wind said "Hostiles" to you?

\\★//

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: mikedachamp1983

there isnt gonna be a 4th game

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xxFatGummyHeadx

They need to keep Gears Alive .....do something soon................

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: mr pot noodle

Quote Originally Posted by Marceant View Post
    there isnt gonna be a 4th game
    I agree but there will be a new gears with another trilogy. The rumours are people can fly will develope it and fair play i loved bulletstorm,.
    Im gonna saw me some grub and make me a quater pounder with extra cheese hold the relish!!!

Big thanks to Angryjohnny123 for Aftermath Baird
    Big thanks to dab0ne for Jungle Tai

xboxlive: mr pot noodle

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Dizzy Walllin

Quote Originally Posted by Cog Basher View Post
    I agree but there will be a new gears with another trilogy. The rumours are people can fly will develope it and fair play i loved bulletstorm,.
    Another gears trilogy would be sweet maybe set in the past and the trilogy end right as gears 1 starts!
    Check Out My Gears Collection!

Painmaster's Gears Collection!

Check Out The Video That Got My Topic Closed Silly Huh

Retro Is A Close Range Weapon???

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: mikedachamp1983

hopefully completey different characters but keep the old charcters since they are part of the gears universe

They also need to make bots smarter, Perfect Dark on the Nintendo 64 had WAAAAAY smarter bots

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Sticking Kim and Valera with my big ole knife and wearing my chainsaw proof armor
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: N1SSASSA

They won't have a Pendulum Wars Gears game, because they've said they won't do human v human games in the Gears universe. Disappointing, I know.
    [Gears of War: The Journey] - Fan Fiction Short Story, any feedback appreciated"
    [Gears of War: The Onyx Platoon] - Fan Fic
    Don't care about KD, winning, or anything else. All I care about is playing as RAAM and pissing people off with my SAWED OFF YEAHHHH.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xx MATT71 xx PSN ID: Matt_vt_Schlo1

Personally, I feel like this: if it aint broke, don't fix it
    Epic: thank you for a great run!!!!! and I forgive you for Judgment!!!!