Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    God King

Btw, I think the heightmap was called TerrainMaterial and the layers were the TerrainLayers in the Generic Browser.
    A huge fan of the entire Unreal franchise and Bulletstorm.
    UT2004 tips thread; UT3 tips thread; remastered UC weapon textures (UCBP for UT2004, still WIP), CTF-FacingWorlds99 (UT2004; final in the making); AS-Overlord (UT2004, Beta4); DM-Crane (UT2004, Beta1 - currently unavailable); CTF-BattleOnSlysBlockForts (UT2004, Final, made on request); DM-Morbias (UT2004, new link tba);

S l y .

MSgt. Shooter Person

Good news!

Terrain Heightmaps: Using externally-created heightmaps for terrains but here is the page that will help us export the height maps from UT3:
    Import/Export
    The following image shows the Import/Export controls associated with terrain.

Figure 5: The Import/Export Block.
    Import Button
    Allows for the import of height maps (from 16-bit BMP files), layer alpha maps (from 16-bit BMP files), or terrain (from T3D files). To import a height map, the ‘HeightMap Only?’ option must be checked, and the height map must be selected in the terrain browser. To import an alpha map, the ‘HeightMap Only?’ and ‘Into Current?’ options must be checked, and a terrain layer must be selected in the terrain browser.

Export Button
    Allows for the export of height maps (to 16-bit BMP files) or terrain (to T3D files). To export a height map, the ‘HeightMap Only?’ option must be checked, and the height map must be selected in the terrain browser. To export an alpha map, the ‘HeightMap Only?’ option must be checked, and a terrain layer must be selected in the terrain browser.

Height Map Only? checkbox
    If checked, when the Import/Export button is pressed, the operation will take place for a height-map only. If a layer is selected in the terrain browser window and this checkbox is pressed, the alpha map will be imported/exported.

Into Current? checkbox
    If checked along with the ‘Height Map Only?’ checkbox, when the Import button is pressed, the heightmap will be imported into the terrain currently selected in the View Setting Terrain combo-box.

NOTE: The imported height map has to match the dimensions of the terrain it is being imported into, otherwise the operation will fail.

Bake DisplacementMap checkbox
    Not currently implemented.

Class Combo
    Determines the factory used when importing/exporting a height-map.

Boomshot

Quote Originally Posted by maxdamage View Post
    Good news!

Terrain Heightmaps: Using externally-created heightmaps for terrains but here is the page that will help us export the height maps from UT3:
    Problem solved!

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by 100GPing100 View Post
    Problem solved!
    Here are the heightmaps from VCTF-Suspense:
    andand and
    Main heightmap and Grass and Rock and Mud

There in the vctf-suspense (mylevel) package are two textures the same size and look similar called weightmap and weightmap1.Will try to get these into ut2k4 and see if they work or maybe I could try the .t3d files....?
    Last edited by maxdamage; 05-22-2012 at 05:27 PM.

Boomshot

Quote Originally Posted by maxdamage View Post
    Here are the heightmaps from VCTF-Suspense:
    andand and
    Main heightmap and Grass and Rock and Mud

There in the vctf-suspense (mylevel) package are two textures the same size and look similar called weightmap and weightmap1.Will try to get these into ut2k4 and see if they work or maybe I could try the .t3d files....?
    Those look damn sketchy and may not work out correctly. Post a DL link to the actual files you have and let me see if I can convert then to greyscale and P8 for use in UT2004 for you. I can't make any guarantees that they'll work, but I'm 99% certain that the pics you posted are going to make UT2004 say "WTFFFF BRO?"
    -Smart bombs, position guided armaments; a more sophisticated way to end up dead
    -On this day, I decide to anoint my fists; engaging them in the mode of power and war
    wut?

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Skred View Post
    Those look damn sketchy and may not work out correctly. Post a DL link to the actual files you have and let me see if I can convert then to greyscale and P8 for use in UT2004 for you. I can't make any guarantees that they'll work, but I'm 99% certain that the pics you posted are going to make UT2004 say "WTFFFF BRO?"
    LOL!I also think they most likely not work.... I could email them to you?Just send me a pm with your email address and I'll send them.Never got around to convert them in psp8 myself. I just saved the .bmp files as .png files as photobucket would not allow those .bmp to be uploaded to my gallery as they were unknown format.
    Last edited by maxdamage; 05-25-2012 at 04:43 PM.

God King

Yea, these look like some special format heightmaps. UT2004 uses greyscale heightmaps IIRC. It's possible that the main heightmap is actually three put into one, if you extracted the RGB data individually. Or maybe the colours are there for better precision, like RGB 255,000,000 > RGB 000,255,000 etc.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Skred View Post
    I sent the archive to both of the email addresses you sent me.

Boomshot

The reason for the coloured height-maps in UT3 is because it gives a bigger range of values for the heights.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12