MSgt. Shooter Person

Default Who Wrote the RAAM's Shadow DLC?

Was it Karen Traviss? I thought the story was much more "Gears-like" in the DLC than the main game, so I don't think she was the writer, which is fortunate, as I preferred RAAM's Shadow's story.

But yeah, anyone know who the writer was for it?

Banned

No clue. Maybe Joshua Ortega?

Veteran

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Parasidian

Yup, Joshua Ortega was the one who wrote the story for RAAM's Shadow.
    "Wreck 'n' Rule!"
    @Parasidian Gearspedia Adminヽ(ಠ_ರೃ)ノ Operation Hijack(Done) Lt. Sid Artwork!!
    The New Padrick Salton for a Future Gears of War game/dlc Thread! SUPPORT!!
    Proclaimed: King of Epic's Art Dumpster,The Master of the Archives, Avatar Thread Gatekeeper...etc Ps. Just call me Sid.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Sleeveless Man

Quote Originally Posted by Parasidian View Post
    Yup, Joshua Ortega was the one who wrote the story for RAAM's Shadow.
    Same for the comics, which explains its awesomeness.

Has Traviss been writing all the games? I heard they got her for Gears 3 because they thought the other writers took it too far with the GIANT WORM ordeal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominic Santiago View Post
    Look, a Scorcher. Ben would've liked this. That kid really loved fire.
    Support a new Locust, Bolter, for Gears 3 MP! Click Here!

Veteran

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeveless Man View Post
    Same for the comics, which explains its awesomeness.

Has Traviss been writing all the games? I heard they got her for Gears 3 because they thought the other writers took it too far with the GIANT WORM ordeal.
    Karen was the writer for:
    Games:
    Gears of war 3

Novels:
    Aspho Fields
    Jacinto's Remnant
    Anvil Gate
    Coalition's End
    The Slab

Comics:
    They Also Serve
    Unseen
    Unsaid
    Promise Me
    Dirty Little Secrets Parts 1-6

Josh was the writer for:
    Games:
    Gears of War 2
    RAAM's Shadow(DLC)

Comics:
    Hollow Parts 1-6
    One Day
    The Quickening
    Harper's Story
    Barren Parts 1-5
    Midnight
    Last edited by Parasidian; 05-02-2012 at 05:16 PM.
    "Wreck 'n' Rule!"
    Proclaimed: King of Epic's Art Dumpster,The Master of the Archives, Avatar Thread Gatekeeper...etc Ps. Just call me Sid.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Joshua Ortega wrote Gears 2 and the comics. And apparently the RAAM's Shadow DLC?

I think Eric Nylund (wrote some halo novels) was either the main writer or at least a co-writer for the first game.

But yeah. Joshua Ortega writing it does make a lot of sense for why it was so awesome. I liked the story in the dlc way more the Traviss' story for the actual game.

I did also hear that the powers that be weren't exactly pleased with the giant worm. They thought it was too "silly".

A moronic sentiment, as we get introduced to god damn zombies in Gears 3. eyeroll.
    Last edited by Exar; 05-02-2012 at 05:07 PM.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Sticking Kim and Valera with my big ole knife and wearing my chainsaw proof armor
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: N1SSASSA

It was SO good.
    [Gears of War: The Journey] - Fan Fiction Short Story, any feedback appreciated"
    [Gears of War: The Onyx Platoon] - Fan Fic
    Don't care about KD, winning, or anything else. All I care about is playing as RAAM and pissing people off with my SAWED OFF YEAHHHH.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SHEAKENBAKE

Lets not forget Eric Nylund who wrote the script for Gears of War.
    Ever run into someone on the forums without being in a party with them? Share your encounters here!:http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...n-Your-Matches
    Thanks to III LYCAN III for the ComDom and Adam Fenix
    Quote Originally Posted by Cut In Reverse View Post
    Marcus: "Carmine! No! You can't eat that!"

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Sticking Kim and Valera with my big ole knife and wearing my chainsaw proof armor
    Gamer IDs

Yeah but he doesn't matter, I mean he's only the progenitor of the whole series for goodness sake.
    [Gears of War: The Journey] - Fan Fiction Short Story, any feedback appreciated"
    Don't care about KD, winning, or anything else. All I care about is playing as RAAM and pissing people off with my SAWED OFF YEAHHHH.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Parasidian View Post
    Karen was the writer for:
    Games:
    Gears of war 3

Novels:
    Aspho Fields
    Jacinto's Remnant
    Anvil Gate
    Coalition's End
    The Slab

Comics:
    They Also Serve
    Unseen
    Unsaid
    Promise Me
    Dirty Little Secrets Parts 1-6

Josh was the writer for:
    Games:
    Gears of War 2
    RAAM's Shadow(DLC)

Comics:
    Hollow Parts 1-6
    One Day
    The Quickening
    Harper's Story
    Barren Parts 1-5
    Midnight
    I hope they go back to Ortega for the next Gears game. Please. I like Karen's book writing, but I didn't like the campaign at all.

Gears 2 was a masterpiece.
    Last edited by Sleeveless Man; 05-03-2012 at 12:30 AM.

Banned

I hope they go back to Ortega for the Gears game. Please. I like Karen's book writing, but I didn't like the campaign at all.

Agreed ten fold.

Veteran

Gamer IDs

I hope they go back to Ortega for the Gears game. Please. I like Karen's book writing, but I didn't like the campaign at all.

Agreed, i relayed like Karens books but i would rather have Josh for the games.
    "Wreck 'n' Rule!"

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Croswynd

In my opinion, Karen had the unlucky, in a manner of speaking, timing of being the writer for the last game in the series. A lot of the things from the previous games had to be tied up and brought over, along with the growing list of characters. Even then, Karen is a novelist, so sometimes what's best for a novel isn't what's best for a video game, that much I can agree with. I think she did well with all the plots and things that -had- to be in the game while telling a semi-coherent story, even if it was stretched out for 'rule of cool'. Because let's be honest, a lot of Gears is 'rule of cool' over story. Hijacking a Brumak, for instance, or a Gas Barge. :P

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

I agree completely. I also agree with whoever said Gears 2 campaign was amazing. It was by far my favorite of the three campaigns, and I LOVE being underground the whole time. Just seemed a little more intense and scary, being in a foreign area like the Hollow. Whoever thought the worm was a bad idea is silly, all the players loved the worm.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by N1ssassa View Post
    I agree completely. I also agree with whoever said Gears 2 campaign was amazing. It was by far my favorite of the three campaigns, and I LOVE being underground the whole time. Just seemed a little more intense and scary, being in a foreign area like the Hollow. Whoever thought the worm was a bad idea is silly, all the players loved the worm.
    I love you.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by N1ssassa View Post
    I loved going to Nexus. And the Riftworm... Ugh... So many good things...

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Cole View Post
    I love you.
    Thank you sir. And yes Sleeveless. There really is nothing you can say bad about the Gears 2 campaign aside from slower movement. It was amazing. The level designs were VASTLY superior to Gears 1 or 3. There's so much more detail in everything. I have the limited editions of both games and watching the design and behind the scenes content is incredible. They improved on EVERYTHING in the game, from the lighting to the layouts of cover to the way you get into cover and handle Marcus while behind it to the polies and the amount of detail put into every little bit of the world. The locust architecture was absolutely breath-taking, the flying part was incredible and handled perfectly, the story-telling was brilliant, and I shed a tear over a video game for the first time in my life when Dom found Maria. (second time was when Dom died) I could never have asked for a more perfect campaign experience. I think that's why people are slightly disappointed with Gears 3. It really wasn't a bad story at all, it's just... how can you expect someone to follow Gears 2 and measure up to it?

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Gundel AvHeadi

but why the hell played raams shadow not in the night?
    English can be a beast sometimes....sorry for my stupid english/tipping mistakes

Gamertag : Gundel AvHeadi

Thanks to Cher for my Young Marcus! I love you!
    Bloody Kidona for my Jungle Tai!
    and III Lycan III for my Commando Dom! You guys are just awesome.
    [/SIZE][/SIZE]