MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Zubi Fett

Default To be available to play with your character in session progress matches.

Hello

You bored of playing like Marcus in the multiplayer? You know about that post in GoW 2 forum to ask for a XP even where people bump every day?

Lets do it here so they hear we want the issue fix.

bump!!!
    "Fear the Onyx Guard"

"Thank you to everyone involved on the creation of the Gears of War universe, I've truly enjoy it so far"

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Asthenie

d00d play as Marcus in QM it's not a issue, the game just load the 70% of people characters and that's why people who join late get Marcus. Use characters like Bernie, Anya, all the LE, Kantus, Golden Hunter, Myrrah, Sam or RAAM, I'm sure that all of this load most of the time.

You can't make threads about a game that already have his own forum.

[Maybe I'm wrong]
    Last edited by Eridanis Nadir; 05-02-2012 at 02:10 PM.
    Allfather

They want you, soul and body

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Fade To Bacon

It isn't an issue, and it's not going to get fixed. This was addressed months, months ago.

The reason why you spawn as Marcus and Drone is because of memory space in the DS. I'm not gonna go into full detail about it, because I'm tired, but that's the reason.

I'm pretty sure someone else will go into better detail why.

And the reason why sometimes you'll spawn as your preferred character instead of Marcus or Drone is because that character is already loaded in the game. So if you wanna be clever, when you join a game in session, look at the characters on your team and decide which one you like best. After, go to options, multiplayer and select that character.
    Last edited by Fade To Bacon; 05-02-2012 at 04:57 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LoGx Heaven View Post
    Team Essence will try to be at the next Hypefestation!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranethar View Post
    This is really good for the community, now no one has the fear of coming last! Should get lots more teams now.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Thanks for the responds, make it all clear.

My apologize.
    "Fear the Onyx Guard"

"Thank you to everyone involved on the creation of the Gears of War universe, I've truly enjoy it so far"

Quote Originally Posted by Zubi Fett View Post
    Hello

You bored of playing like Marcus in the multiplayer? You know about that post in GoW 2 forum to ask for a XP even where people bump every day?

Lets do it here so they hear we want the issue fix.

bump!!!
    There is no issue and it can't be fixed. It's a memory limitation.
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyMcClure View Post
    Nice Find. It was a legit bug and fixed in the retail version today.

So once Gears 3 releases, when you use the torque, take a bit of pride in knowing you helped make it better

Quote Originally Posted by Eridanis Nadir View Post
    d00d play as Marcus in QM it's not a issue, the game just load the 70% of people characters and that's why people who join late get Marcus. Use characters like Bernie, Anya, all the LE, Kantus, Golden Hunter, Myrrah, Sam or RAAM, I'm sure that all of this load most of the time.

No. This is incorrect. The game does not load 70 percent of characters. It only loads characters chosen prior to the game loading. If you join late and your skin was among the loaded at game start, you'll get your skin, otherwise the base mp file lads out the drone or Marcus.

So once Gears 3 releases, when you use the torque, take a bit of pride in knowing you helped make it better

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by NFI View Post
    No. This is incorrect. The game does not load 70 percent of characters. It only loads characters chosen prior to the game loading. If you join late and your skin was among the loaded at game start, you'll get your skin, otherwise the base mp file lads out the drone or Marcus.
    Yuup, that make more sense, thanks :P
    Allfather

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Thanks for the responses, how ever i will say a memory limitation is an issue.
    "Fear the Onyx Guard"

Yuup, that make more sense, thanks :P
    You got it man, glad I could help.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Gnashty NaS

This issue is not fixable. And I don't see that it ever will be- the issue that needs fixing is being told you joined in the middle of a match before it even starts, after you've been playing in the same lobby for 10 matches.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Kenneth1250

Bump.

It's bad enough that I have to be Marcus in the very first match I join, but being forced to be him again even though I never left the game is just stupid.
    The only problems that grind my gears in Gears:
    1. Being forced to be Marcus/Drone, especially when I never left the match.
    2. The cover glitch that only happens to the 3 Kantus characters http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...ntus-LE-glitch
    3. Inconsistent bot names and models: Marcus bot = Anya *? Classic Cole bot = Marcus *?

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: muddrifter

So it would not have to be Marcus all the time....so why aren't they picking randomly one of the loaded characters??

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by TMX View Post
    So it would not have to be Marcus all the time....so why aren't they picking randomly one of the loaded characters??
    This sound interesting, i m bored to be forced to be Marcus, and more since i see him as the one to only be play on the campaign, picking up some one from the already loaded characters will resolve it for me and will add some variety.
    "Fear the Onyx Guard"

But what about Horde. You think it's bad playing as Marcus for just one match try joining a friends game to help him out on his match where people left. I can bear playing as Marcus for a match here, and there, but it's a huge pain in Horde since it's way longer.

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

What I do, use a character that one of your partner got so your character will load too. So if you see one of your team using Onyx Guard go to multiplayer settings (Before you respawn) and change it for the Onyx Guard
    Allfather

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

What I do, use a character that one of your partner got so your character will load too. So if you see one of your team using Onyx Guard go to multiplayer settings (Before you respawn) and change it for the Onyx Guard
    This only works the first time. If you continue to stay in the same Quick Match and you get that "Joined Session in Progress" message again, you are going to be Marcus/Drone no matter what. It is unavoidable.
    2. The cover glitch that only happens to the 3 Kantus characters http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...ntus-LE-glitch
    3. Inconsistent bot names and models: Marcus bot = Anya *? Classic Cole bot = Marcus *?

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Gnashes View Post
    This bump was pointless. This isn't a problem, it's due to a technical limitation.
    Lol. Isn't it better that I bumped an old thread instead of making a new one? I'm sure most would agree.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: iEmo Teletubby

This bump was pointless. This isn't a problem, it's due to a technical limitation.
    Your post count is pointless, but to each their own.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: JAX i7

Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth1250 View Post
    This only works the first time. If you continue to stay in the same Quick Match and you get that "Joined Session in Progress" message again, you are going to be Marcus/Drone no matter what. It is unavoidable.
    This is the real problem. Yea its okay if you really do join in progress. But if you've been there for consecutive matches then it SHOULD NOT HAPPEN. Imagine playing TF2 and you can only play as Soldier or Medic. Or playing Starcraft and always being Terran (default race?). Yes these are exaggerated examples and different abilities and whatnot, but it comes to the same point. We shouldn't be forced to play as Marcus, unless we ACTUALLY join in progress.

Seriously...

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Gnashes

Lol. Isn't it better that I bumped an old thread instead of making a new one? I'm sure most would agree.
    Why do anything related to this at all? You obviously know by now that this isn't something that's ever going to change.

Quote Originally Posted by Sim Simi View Post
    Your post count is pointless, but to each their own.
    And you bring my post count into this why exactly?

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by bws_jax7 View Post
    This is the real problem. Yea its okay if you really do join in progress. But if you've been there for consecutive matches then it SHOULD NOT HAPPEN. Imagine playing TF2 and you can only play as Soldier or Medic. Or playing Starcraft and always being Terran (default race?). Yes these are exaggerated examples and different abilities and whatnot, but it comes to the same point. We shouldn't be forced to play as Marcus, unless we ACTUALLY join in progress.
    Agreed. I'll eventually get over having to be Marcus in the match that I actually joined, but being forced to be him again in the same Quick Match? WE SHOULD NOT HAVE TO BE MARCUS MORE THAN ONCE. Once my preferred character has loaded, he should always be loaded.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Why do anything related to this at all? You obviously know by now that this isn't something that's ever going to change.
    Give me an answer to this: why do I have to be Marcus more than once in the same Quick Match? Shouldn't I always get my preferred after the match that I joined?

Edit: and what's wrong with supporting a thread like this? People do it all the time for other threads.
    Last edited by Kenneth1250; 05-08-2012 at 11:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TMX View Post
    Because the base mp file doesn't work tht way.

Give me an answer to this: why do I have to be Marcus more than once in the same Quick Match? Shouldn't I always get my preferred after the match that I joined?

Edit: and what's wrong with supporting a thread like this? People do it all the time for other threads.
    It's a server glitch when this occurs. Supporting this is pointless because it cannot be change.

Marrow Fiend

Fort Qu'Appelle Saskatchewan——Wishing he can play as a Lambent Drone :(
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: LambentHammerB

This is why:
    http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...2#post30390922
    Quote Originally Posted by LambentHammerburst View Post
    It happens because of precaching.
    Pre-caching is storing data into memory at map load. If you join in progress and your character wasn't one that was previously loaded - why you get this.
    For them to fix this they'd have to precache EVERY character and their sounds on maps in which just isn't possible.

All the MP characters + Their sounds = 107mb of memory
    The Xbox 360 has 512mb of RAM.

So to fix this, they'd have to drop the texture resolution, remove ambient sounds and likely lower resolution effects.
    Sorry but I don't want my Gears 3 looking like it's a game for the Gamecube.
    GT: LambentHammerB -- Trololol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6Yjkzmleoc -- Twitter: LambentHammerB
    ||| LYCAN ||| - Commando Dom -- NFI - Savage Grenadier Elite -- Beezy8869 - Adam Fenix -- Genoo - Infected Omen -- Autopsychotic - Golden Lancer -- CallMeHost -- Golden Hammerburst -- Cher - Cole Plushie
    Flak -- MechanicBaird/Savage Kantus/Launch Skin Collection/Beta Tester T-Shirt/Stickers
    PopeAdrian37th
    - Jungle Tai/Aftermath Baird/Neon Armor -- BrainDeadDan - Brisk Skin Pack -- Richardson94 - Lambent Skin -- Parasidian - Young Dom -- GzB - Anya --DraconianBriana - Early Access -- CrypticAshes -- Team Metal

Marrow Fiend

Gamer IDs

Epic won't precache all the characters to do this.
    The only other alternative is to force a new precache at round end -- this would force a loading screen every round.
    GT: LambentHammerB -- Trololol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6Yjkzmleoc -- Twitter: LambentHammerB
    ||| LYCAN ||| - Commando Dom -- NFI - Savage Grenadier Elite -- Beezy8869 - Adam Fenix -- Genoo - Infected Omen -- Autopsychotic - Golden Lancer -- CallMeHost -- Golden Hammerburst -- Cher - Cole Plushie
    Flak -- MechanicBaird/Savage Kantus/Launch Skin Collection/Beta Tester T-Shirt/Stickers
    PopeAdrian37th
    - Jungle Tai/Aftermath Baird/Neon Armor -- BrainDeadDan - Brisk Skin Pack -- Richardson94 - Lambent Skin -- Parasidian - Young Dom -- GzB - Anya --DraconianBriana - Early Access -- CrypticAshes -- Team Metal

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

It's a server glitch when this occurs. Supporting this is pointless because it cannot be change.
    Great. Guess I'm gonna have to go back to losing in Ranked, because of constant 5-man teams.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Epic won't precache all the characters to do this.
    The only other alternative is to force a new precache at round end -- this would force a loading screen every round.
    At the end of rounds or matches? Because if it's matches, well doesn't the game take up enough time to load between matches?

And I wouldn't mind being Marcus for the first match ONLY. It's having to be him again in the same Quick Match, caused by server glitches (according to NFI), that pisses me off.
    Last edited by Kenneth1250; 05-09-2012 at 12:35 AM.

At the end of rounds or matches? Because if it's matches, well doesn't the game take up enough time to load between matches?

And I wouldn't mind being Marcus for the first match ONLY. It's having to be him again in the same Quick Match, caused by server glitches (according to NFI), that pisses me off.

It would prolong it. With characters come audio.

Marrow Fiend

Gamer IDs

Doesn't the game already take up enough time to load between matches?

And I wouldn't mind being Marcus for the first match ONLY. It's having to be him again in the same Quick Match, caused by server glitches (according to NFI), that piss me off.
    Agreed on the first match (joining a game results in Drone/Marcus until match end) - the 2nd match should give you the character. I get it time to time. I honestly believe it's caused by you connecting after the map loaded on the dedicated server - meaning joined in progress but my a mere second or two.
    PopeAdrian37th

Agreed on the first match (joining a game results in Drone/Marcus until match end) - the 2nd match should give you the character. I get it time to time. I honestly believe it's caused by you connecting after the map loaded on the dedicated server - meaning joined in progress but my a mere second or two.
    It happens even if your in a room successively, it's a server hiccup.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Thanks for the answers guys. This is literally the only problem I have with this game, along with the 2 others in my sig but they don't bother me as much as this.

I'm just gonna man-up and play Ranked from now on.

Thanks for the answers guys. This is literally the only problem I have with this game, along with the 2 others in my sig but they don't bother me as much as this.

I'm just gonna man-up and play Ranked from now on.
    I think your third problem with the game is the same as your first. I think the reason that you see an Anya bot that looks like Marcus is the same reason why you're Marcus when you join late. The skin didn't load.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Mashpotaters View Post
    I think your third problem with the game is the same as your first. I think the reason that you see an Anya bot that looks like Marcus is the same reason why you're Marcus when you join late. The skin didn't load.
    Yeah, but my preferred character should always load for the 2nd match and matches after. Having to be Marcus again, even though I did not leave the Quick Match, is what annoys me.

[Maybe I'm wrong]
    That's what I hear but I dot believe it
    So many times I see ppl with my character but get Marcus
    Sometimes I start a new game and still get Marcus
    Sometimes I leave a game having had my character join the same room and get Marcus

Banned

It speeds things up and its not that big of a deal for one match unless your always jumping in and out of matches. Also it is a good way to tell who has a stacked team and who has randoms most people don't willingly play as the default characters why is this such a big deal to people?

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CTxShagna

it would be nice for them to at least test it out in private matches.

But the only way for you to spawn as your character is to choose one that has already been loaded in that match. so if someone is the RAAM you can be the the RAAM. if someone is not RAAM you can't spawn as RAAM. if someone is savage hunter you can spawn as the savage hunter.
    GOW3 Keeper of The Red Wings. \\★//__G1[57/57] G2[79/79] G3[82/82]
    Fix the Base Linked to Command Center on Cove
    Did Epic make the rank transfer glitch? Conspiracy 0_0

Seriously...

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Gnashes

Quote Originally Posted by GuestForeverX View Post
    it would be nice for them to at least test it out in private matches.

But the only way for you to spawn as your character is to choose one that has already been loaded in that match. so if someone is the RAAM you can be the the RAAM. if someone is not RAAM you can't spawn as RAAM. if someone is savage hunter you can spawn as the savage hunter.
    That's... the exact way that it is now.

As for private matches: LHB has already said that it takes up 1/5 of your xbox's RAAM to load all of the characters, which would hurt everything else that the game loads.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: osowanted PSN ID: osowanted

Hey at least test it out in horde
    Thanks to CallMeHost for the Golden Hammerburst code!
    Thank you to NFI for the Mechanic Baird
    !
    Thank you Cher, Zap, and DarkAp for choosing me hope you all had a awesome Christmas!