Register

Welcome to the Epic Games Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Iron Guard

Default Infinity Blade II update 1.1.1 now available

As the topic suggests, the latest update has hit the App store. Downloading now...
    WA NI CHI ???

Redeemer

But this update most for CM.. l can't play CM, so l don't need this version. Or maybe CM now will be without FB?

Wizard without magic.

IB2 GK11k+ ; RYTH 59k+ ; ∞^110+; lvl 4.1k+

Iron Guard

They also did some updates with gem forge. From another topic, it doesn't sound like they did that right.

Not sure about Facebook.

Hopefully they fixed the countdown timer for ClashMob. I was constantly killing the app and reloading to unlock events.
    WA NI CHI ???

Saburai

Did they fix the CM key glitch? someone please confirm

Iron Guard

You mean the price of keys in ClashMob? Still the same ($100k for large key)
    WA NI CHI ???

This update sucks!

From what I've just experienced Gem Forging has become ridiculously time consuming to advance in quality levels and even worse it's become ridiculously expensive to forge…

Anyone else experienced that?

Sure the pre-update Gem Forging was an easy moneymaker but I truly believe they've overdone it waaay too much trying to fix the values.

Saburai

Quote Originally Posted by dknowle View Post
    You mean the price of keys in ClashMob? Still the same ($100k for large key)
    Okay cool. I'll update then.

from 240k to 2.4m?c'mon chair. i hated the parry damage gem, you cant make another difference gem when you forge it.

Iron Guard

I wonder if the cost for forging was increased by accident? It makes no sense to pay 2.4mil when the most you can get from a forged gem is 500k.
    WA NI CHI ???

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: H264

In order to avoid a fragmented installed user base, updates need to be compelling enough to install, despite certain flaws or glitches fixed. I don't see anything compelling in this update. Most will probably update though, except those who check in here before jumping on the bandwagon.
    IB2: L=1000|NG=1^33|H=17050|A=7400|S=1|M=1|GK=3250
    Rainbow Gem Discoverer #2 - exact recipe.

MSgt. Shooter Person

I woul like to personally thank chair for destroying the gem forge. 10k per month? I'm really glad you took a broken part of the game and utterly destroyed it.

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lopaka Oraka

Quote Originally Posted by aenimis View Post
    I woul like to personally thank chair for destroying the gem forge. 10k per month? I'm really glad you took a broken part of the game and utterly destroyed it.
    I have to say that I second that.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Is this confirmed? Now 10k per month in gem forge? I won't update if this is true. BS.

So they fix Clashmobs but also screwed us over by deciding to jack up the gem forge prices

No fix for the lost NewGame+ sadly.

Saburai

Quote Originally Posted by MPLewis View Post
    Is this confirmed? Now 10k per month in gem forge? I won't update if this is true. BS.
    Yep. Sad I updated.

Well then how about just playing instead of buying the months?

Redeemer

Ohh yeah!! Not updating fixed the new overpriced gem forge Glad I Didn't update
    That's What She Said!!!
    Dual is the skill of ChampionsÖ
    According to the Simpsons, In Australia we play Knifey-Spooney in our local pubs

MSgt. Shooter Person

All they care about now is the stupid CM which they screwed up in the first place, hence the update!
    Not only that, they also manage to screw up the gem forging at the same time!
    Gem forging is the only reason I play the game now to get some nice gems. Thanks alot Chair for screwing this up!!

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by DoomFree View Post
    Because when you forge the really high-end gems, it takes 5 days in real time to complete. I'm not that patient :P
    And yeah, gem forging was one of the motivators for continuing to play, and now the sale price is not worth the money put into it. Maybe that's why they did it, to eliminate a source of income and get us to buy gold through IAP.

Iron Guard

Gem forging is FAR from a source of income for me. I'm usually putting in more value in gems than I'm getting out.
    WA NI CHI ???

MSgt. Shooter Person

with the right practice and a small initial investment you can turn approx. 100k into 500k with the gem forge, before the update. Now it's roughly 2mil to make a 500k gem.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

I haven't installed this update, and don't plan to. I have never tried to downgrade an app - don't know if it's possible, but if I had upgraded IB2 this time, I would have tried. Google provides some advice. Here's one that looks like what I would have tried: http://www.guidingtech.com/mobiles/d...vious-version/
    Just make sure to backup savegames before trying

Iron Guard

Yes you can downgrade apps, but it's a pain. I did it with IB1 when they had the terrible status screen freeze bug.
    WA NI CHI ???

MSgt. Shooter Person

Default Gems

This. I think from the change it's pretty apparent that the gem forge wasn't meant to be a free-money machine, where you could churn gems through as fast as possible for millions in profit. Seemed kind of obvious when I made my first few million that it was unintentional - oh well

I take it we're supposed to look at the gem forge as a way to get interesting gems out of useless ones, and mainly supposed to beat a rebirth (or wait overnight) to complete each forge.

Trying to figure out what exactly I'd put in it now, since outside of the money-machine I don't have that much money to spare on playing the gem lottery with expensive gems I could otherwise sell...

Skaarj

Default 10 times what it used to cost is too much

Quote Originally Posted by CareBear View Post
    This. I think from the change it's pretty apparent that the gem forge wasn't meant to be a free-money machine, where you could churn gems through as fast as possible for millions in profit. Seemed kind of obvious when I made my first few million that it was unintentional - oh well

I take it we're supposed to look at the gem forge as a way to get interesting gems out of useless ones, and mainly supposed to beat a rebirth (or wait overnight) to complete each forge.

Trying to figure out what exactly I'd put in it now, since outside of the money-machine I don't have that much money to spare on playing the gem lottery with expensive gems I could otherwise sell...
    Even so 10,000 per month is more than excessive. It goes beyond removing the money machine and makes it impractical to gem-forge. To further exaggerate this issue, I've noticed I've been consistently getting worse gems out than I put in since the update. I've got to say this is the first time they've really gotten me ticked off with this game. I mean even 5,000 per month would be better, literally taking it to 10 times what the cost used to be, especially without mentioning that in the description of what was contained in the update, is beyond ridiculous.

[QUOTE=3nickma;30368548]This update sucks!

From what I've just experienced Gem Forging has become ridiculously time consuming to advance in quality levels and even worse it's become ridiculously expensive to forge

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: paracelus

I'm attempting to roll back my update to 1.1, hoping it will work and won't mess up save file. But the gem forge is just plain ruined in the new update.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

It worked! Deleted IB2 from iPhone, re-synced with PC that had IB2 1.1 on it, and the save file still works. Cheap forging here I come!

MSgt. Shooter Person

It looks like the selling of IAP's is becoming more important for Chair. In my opinion this is a dangerous strategy. There is nothing wrong with the option to spend some money to gain a slight advantage in a single player game. But it shouldn't mean for players like myself, who will never pay real money for ingame perks, that the game becomes nearly unplayable without them. Long grinds with low rewards suck the fun out of this type of game IMHO. If IB2 is going down that path then I'm gonna say goodbye to it and move on to another game ... ( Diablo III will be upon us soon, although it isn't the quick fun game that IB is ).

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by paracelus View Post
    It worked! Deleted IB2 from iPhone, re-synced with PC that had IB2 1.1 on it, and the save file still works. Cheap forging here I come!
    But what will you do when the large update at the end of May comes along? You're not going to want to miss that with all the new monsters, storyline, weapons and locations. Then you will still have the same problem as everyone else..
    Last edited by vettigeherder; 05-03-2012 at 08:02 AM.

MSgt. Shooter Person

We just all stop playing till they listen to us!

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by vettigeherder View Post
    But what will you do when the large update at the end of May comes along? You're not going to want to miss that with all the new monsters, storyline, weapons and locations. Then you will still have the same problem as everyone else..
    Or I make the gems/money I want, then upgrade. Sorted!

Iron Guard

Quote Originally Posted by vettigeherder View Post
    At that point, it would be worth upgrading. It is not worth upgrading to 1.1.1.
    WA NI CHI ???

MSgt. Shooter Person

Cool

I'm not upgrading. I'll wait for the one that's coming end of this month.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by paracelus View Post
    Or I make the gems/money I want, then upgrade. Sorted!
    If you play NGs, you can never have enough - each NG starts from zero (or whatever IAP Gold you have)

Redeemer

Quote Originally Posted by n808 View Post
    If you play NGs, you can never have enough - each NG starts from zero (or whatever IAP Gold you have)
    It's gonna be a pain in the …. if they don't fix the gem pricing they just introduced by the next update for Nger's
    That's What She Said!!!
    Dual is the skill of ChampionsÖ
    According to the Simpsons, In Australia we play Knifey-Spooney in our local pubs

Iron Guard

At least in NG gem forging is not as important, since you gain skill points and you can't take the gems with you when you go to next NG.

Gems are much more important in OG ad that is the only way to gain extra stats. I've been burning through a lot of gold forging in OG at the lower pricing. If I upgraded, I would be broke. The downside to not upgrading in OG is that many of the gems don't upgrade beyond a certain level, which I think they fixed with the update. If they didn't jack up prices, I would know by now.
    WA NI CHI ???

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by jmeany View Post
    To further exaggerate this issue, I've noticed I've been consistently getting worse gems out than I put in since the update.
    Really?? I thought I read somewhere that this was explicitly supposed to have been fixed by the update, so you'd always get improvements out of forging.

And yeah, I haven't compared the exact pricing, but from the way you put it the increase does sound a bit excessive. While it was profitable to forge, the price probably only had to increase by 2x or 3x to balance it back out.