Register

Welcome to the Epic Games Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Rainbow gem?

http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...1#post30402356

So on 1 hand he is reading test results by other user,
    Once he got the result posting the final recipe is "I also feel that if I just merely post my find, it will ruin a mystery of the game. Remember that the achievement just went live 11 days ago...I think instant gratification should not be rewarded here."

Hypocrites.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Thanks a lot guys! I just had my rainbow gem. Same recipe as others here.
    ☻}Infinity Blade is a mental torture{☻

GC : Bain Cardin

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: H264

I am really glad Proph did not immediately post the recipe. Instead he took time to write a long and thoughtful post with several hints to make it somewhat easier. Initially I wasn't too interested in this achievement myself - I thought there were way too many combinations and just a bunch of random testing needed. But it was in the back of my mind and I kept wondering how it could be solved without such completely random testing. Then when I read Proph's post, and for one, understood and analyzed carefully what he wrote, second, realized I could use version 1.1, and third, it surely wasn't completely random, then for the next couple of hours, I had more fun with this game than in a long time. Finding the recipe using only those hints, some logic, and some luck, was very rewarding and exciting. If Proph has posted the recipe, he would indeed have ruined that.

It's too bad a couple of people are angry about having had to wait a few hours to get the recipe handed to them. Do you always read the walkthrough and follow this to the letter when playing a game? When given a puzzle, do you google for the solution right away? If you are a sports fan and have recorded a game you didn't have a chance to watch live, do you enjoy being told the score before you have a chance to watch your recording?

I am glad though that a large majority of the posts are positive and happy about finding the gem. That's why we play this game. We enjoy the challenges it provides, we enjoy sharing our own findings, and we enjoy challenges posted and found by others.
    Last edited by n808; 05-14-2012 at 01:45 AM.
    IB2: L=1000|NG=1^33|H=17050|A=7400|S=1|M=1|GK=3250
    Rainbow Gem Discoverer #2 - exact recipe.

N808, there are different ppl here: those who just like the gem and dislike the forging puzzle, those who just the opposite, those who considered all what was going on as a collective effort and thus collective result, and those perceived it as an personal deed.

You may just create a thread like: "Rainbow gem forging recipe dispense" and let those who want a final recipe to ask about it, then you just send it them by PM

This way no one interests will be harmed
    "Skillbuilding as a lifestyle"
    The God King Club ID#1|Ultimate GK Slayer |True Jedi |
    NG Code follower
    =Dual Guide=

Blademaster

Quote Originally Posted by =Silver= View Post
    N808, there are different ppl here: those who just like the gem and dislike the forging puzzle, those who just the opposite, those who considered all what was going on as a collective effort and thus collective result, and those perceived it as an personal deed.

You may just create a thread like: "Rainbow gem forging recipe dispense" and let those who want a final recipe to ask about it, then you just send it them by PM

This way no one interests will be harmed
    a wise idea Silver
    oLd ScHoOl
    27 . 15 . 23

Saburai

As I have said before, I don't care much at all for the gem or the achievement. Never was really big on gems and combinations and whatnot.

BUT it has been really cool to watch this whole forum band together to figure out the formula, with proph at its front.

Blademaster

Quote Originally Posted by Silversabeast View Post
    As I have said before, I don't care much at all for the gem or the achievement. Never was really big on gems and combinations and whatnot.

BUT it has been really cool to watch this whole forum band together to figure out the formula, with proph at its front.
    Haha it's funny because I was just telling him that he is like the forum gem guru
    oLd ScHoOl
    27 . 15 . 23

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by =Silver= View Post
    That might have worked out well, for a short while. No matter it was bound to be posted everywhere pretty quickly, which it was, and that's perfectly fine. I am glad there was enough of a delay that those who still wanted to try and solve it, were given the chance.

Saburai

Quote Originally Posted by grantnoe View Post
    Haha it's funny because I was just telling him that he is like the forum gem guru
    I think not in just the forum

Quote Originally Posted by grantnoe View Post
    Sure, but we should give Stone a chance. I gave my opinion on what he said and then welcomed him to helping us out on the forums.
    Perhaps he will turn out to be a good troll once he has been around for awhile
    Thank you for your consideration on this. I actually am not trolling (not my intention, anyway). I stumbled onto this forum a day or so ago and was working away in the background trying to play enough to get gems to fuse together. When the matrix was up, I was seeing which combinations had not been tried and giving them a go, but by the time I had played enough, fused, etc someone else had put the combination up and said it didn't work.

When the person posted the combination to make the light and dark gem, I played enough to get those gems, fuse and I put a light, dark and fire together getting a perk drop. Much to my chagrin.

I still am trying to get a wind to be able to fuse the light, dark and get a titan to give this another go.

It was more frustration than trolling.

I'm a her, by the way. Not that it matters. We all can slice the beegeebies out of nasty arse creatures regardless of gender. It would be nice to be able to have the option to play the game as a female, though. There is that female at the beginning that walks in with the character... maybe in the future.

Different idea and not relevant to the topic at hand.

Off to see if I can go through more iterations to stumble onto a wind, etc.

MSgt. Shooter Person

I agree with some that since this was clearly a collective effort from the beginning that those who managed to find the recipe should have shared it. I understand that some people would like to find out the solution on their own, but then why on earth would they come looking for the answer here in the first place?

I am sure not everyone has a lot of time to keep trying to get the solution. However I do appreciate the monumental effort put in by those who did manage to forge the rainbow gem as I am sure I wouldn't have had the patience or time for it, so kudos to that. But please try to be more sharing with your solutions in the future guys, isn't that what these forums are for anyway?

MSgt. Shooter Person

what happen if..:

Rainbow gem+Rainbow gem+Rainbow gem= ?

I'm trying to collect 3 rainbow gems to forge together & see the result.

Quote Originally Posted by baincardin View Post
    what happen if..:

Rainbow gem+Rainbow gem+Rainbow gem= ?

I'm trying to collect 3 rainbow gems to forge together & see the result.
    To the best of my knowledge (reading previous posts), you cannot combine 3 of the same gem.

A good line of thinking, to be sure. So, the real underlying question is whether there is a gem that is 'better' than the rainbow gem because isn't the purpose of fusing gems together to create a bigger, better gem?

Iron Guard

When the update/achievement first came out, I thought someone would crack the rainbow gem recipe in a matter of hrs (and a day or two at most). As it turns out it's a whale of a challenge (that the president of the company has to come out and share a hint). I like the fact that the forum members team up and collectively made huge progress along the way. Proph deserves a lot of credit for being the first one to crack it and has a picture to prove it (other the Mr. Donald Mustard), and he also is kind enough to offer some hints afterwards. If it's me though, I'd probably share it within a few hrs.

The way to share that is using the spoiler alert (there is even a prefix for that), so if people want to explore it on their own, they've been warned. But for most people I'm sure that would be welcome relief after so many failed tries. Back in the IB1 days, there is a new hidden achievement called "Negative Bloodline" after a massive content update, which got a lot of people scratching their heads for days. That is until Rioskis revealed the secret (almost immediately after he announced his discovery). He'll get the kudos for that as long as IB is around.

Btw welcome to the forum Stonesp.

MSgt. Shooter Person

I understand most people's concerns with wanting knowledge up front after the recipe had been discovered. I for one would not have had such a monumental since of achievement had proph just posted the recipe and been done with it. Shortly after my last post I had finally deciphered the hints that proph put forth and forged the rainbow gem. After coming back to the forum to give out hints to those that needed them I read that people have discovered and posted the recipe, although somewhat different from the one I discovered. I am certainly not going to pass out judgement and negative words to those who posted their recipe upon discovery because that is your right to do as owner of a certain piece of knowledge. I do emplore you to allow others to feel a monumental sense of achievement as i did upon discovery through much effort and contemplation. But on a very good note, Congratulations everyone! We put our collective minds together and cracked a very interesting equation.

So guys what is the recipe for the Rainbow Gem?? i'm too lazy to go through all the pages.
    Last edited by Guildclaws; 05-14-2012 at 12:43 PM.

Deathless

The recipie is light def dark def and hex

Ps, that's not the full recipie. I'm too lazy to type it all out.
    Pantheon

True Jedi

Then I'm too lazy to post it

MSgt. Shooter Person

I'll post how i figured out the last gem from the final equation. I was just messing around and I threw a fire attack +13, water def, and air def. , and out popped an XP+ hex gem. So just messing around i put the light def, dark def and XP+ gem in and out popped a lovely rainbow. As for the whole recipe... C'mon, are you really too lazy to check out 5+ pages?

Quote Originally Posted by aenimis View Post
    I'll post how i figured out the last gem from the final equation. I was just messing around and I threw a fire attack +13, water def, and air def. , and out popped an XP+ hex gem. So just messing around i put the light def, dark def and XP+ gem in and out popped a lovely rainbow. As for the whole recipe... C'mon, are you really too lazy to check out 5+ pages?
    Nevermind, found the recipe
    Last edited by Guildclaws; 05-14-2012 at 02:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gr00veh0lmes View Post
    The recipie is light def dark def and hex

Ps, that's not the full recipie. I'm too lazy to type it all out.
    I just don't get one thing guys... a member said we need to forge Fire def + Ice def + Water def to get a Light def gem. And you got it. I didn't get the dark one though, but a perk.
    Anyway, what's the difference between forging the light def gem and buy it from the store?!

MSgt. Shooter Person

I'm not trying to be a dick, honestly I'm the lazy one

MSgt. Shooter Person

There appears to be no effective difference in the forged gems vs. the bought gems, but you absolutely need a forged one for the rainbow gem - it won't yield anything special with even one store-bought gem (other than the hexagon at the end). It's so all the defense gems get incorporated into the recipe.

Quote Originally Posted by MPLewis View Post
    There appears to be no effective difference in the forged gems vs. the bought gems, but you absolutely need a forged one for the rainbow gem - it won't yield anything special with even one store-bought gem (other than the hexagon at the end). It's so all the defense gems get incorporated into the recipe.
    Yup. It makes sense. But I don't have a Titan Break gem now, only a Gold one or so.

BTW, I tried to forge the dark one with Shock, Poison and Wind - the remaining ones - but it resulted in a Perk Drop + gem -.-

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Post Rainbow Gem Recipe

Rainbow Gem Recipe First discovered by master forger Proph.

Fire + Ice + Water := Light 1)
    Shock + Poison + Wind := Dark 2)
    1) + 2) + any hex gem := Rainbow all defense gem

note 0: all gems in the first two steps are triangle defense gems
    note 1: the order matters (e.g. Ice + Water + Fire won't work)
    note 2: in the final forge, you have to use a forged Light and Dark defense gem from the first two steps. Standard store bought or price gems won't work
    Last edited by n808; 05-15-2012 at 03:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by n808 View Post
    You don't need Titan Break - any hex gem will do.

Rainbow Gem Recipe

Fire + Ice + Water := Light 1)
    Shock + Poison + Wind := Dark 2)
    1) + 2) + any hex gem := Rainbow all defense gem
    Thanks
    I just don't get the sense of the hex gem in the middle of this...

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by PedroCst View Post
    Thanks
    My initial logic was to use Gold - finding a pot of Gold at the end of a rainbow.
    Others logic: a hexagon is kind of a prism - light through prism = rainbow.

Quote Originally Posted by n808 View Post
    My initial logic was to use Gold - finding a Pot of Gold at the end of a rainbow.
    Others logic: a hexagon is kind of a prism - light through prism = rainbow.
    I think gold has no logic at all, actually :P
    And... I think you might check Game Center. I sent a friend request.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Yup. It makes sense. But I don't have a Titan Break gem now, only a Gold one or so.

BTW, I tried to forge the dark one with Shock, Poison and Wind - the remaining ones - but it resulted in a Perk Drop + gem -.-
    It has to be in a specific order, like the light one. There's a post somewhere back in the mess that is this thread

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

"They [rainbows] have inspired much popular folklore, including the belief that a leprechaun can be found with a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow."

That's what I remember from tales I was told growing up in Norway. With leprechaun replaced by a troll, of course. A real troll, not the kind sometimes found hanging around message boards
    Last edited by n808; 05-14-2012 at 05:15 PM.

MSgt. Shooter Person

In case I missed it, all the gems have to be 'Defense' ones right?

I only have them in Attack and defense is not available for purchase for me

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Parvin View Post
    In case I missed it, all the gems have to be 'Defense' ones right?

I only have them in Attack and defense is not available for purchase for me
    Yeah they have to be defense. And just advance one RB, the gem store will get an entirely new selection.

Thanks
    don't worry none of this bullXXXX makes any sense anyway

I just don't get one thing guys... a member said we need to forge Fire def + Ice def + Water def to get a Light def gem. And you got it. I didn't get the dark one though, but a perk.
    Anyway, what's the difference between forging the light def gem and buy it from the store?!
    you have to forge it in order

Example: shock + Poison + Wind = Dark

but if you do it like this: Poison + Wind + Shock = Perk

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Stonesp View Post
    To the best of my knowledge (reading previous posts), you cannot combine 3 of the same gem.

A good line of thinking, to be sure. So, the real underlying question is whether there is a gem that is 'better' than the rainbow gem because isn't the purpose of fusing gems together to create a bigger, better gem?
    You r right Stone. I got 3 rainbow gems in order to try to forge all of them at one time. Unfortunately, it didn't work. So, I tried to forge 2 rainbow gems with fire defense and..:-

Rainbow gem + rainbow gem + fire def = Perk +400% (worth $62,000++ only)

Btw, forging those gems in various kinds of experiment is really fun! ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by MPLewis View Post
    It has to be in a specific order, like the light one. There's a post somewhere back in the mess that is this thread
    I think you've got a point. I made the Light gem out of those gems with that exact order. I didn't do the same with the Dark one.

Quote Originally Posted by baincardin View Post
    Btw, forging those gems in various kinds of experiment is really fun! ^_^
    Fun is to have them all. I want my Epsilon and Nodus shields at all defense. :P

MSgt. Shooter Person

What will happen if you put exactly the same gems but they are not defense but elementar attack ? It should be rainbow attack gem but if I know correctly does not exist jet, maybe in future updates

Quote Originally Posted by TDa View Post
    What will happen if you put exactly the same gems but they are not defense but elementar attack ? It should be rainbow attack gem but if I know correctly does not exist jet, maybe in future updates
    I don't know... AFAIK you have to put forged Light and Dark defense gems, and those have to be with that specific gem order. If you mess with the order around you'll get perks.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Fun is to have them all. I want my Epsilon and Nodus shields at all defense. :P
    Yeah. Nodus is extremely useful esp perk gems. I've tried 3 gems of rainbow on Nodus and it looks like a super-duper-defenses of all. Hopefully ChAIR will make another rainbows gem like Rainbow Attack?

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast