Register

Welcome to the Epic Games Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Rainbow gem?

Redeemer

Quote Originally Posted by Proph View Post
    Just forged the rainbow gem - will attempt to post pics later in the day after I get some sleep - if someone can suggest picture hosting ideas, I'd appreciate that since I've never done that before - thanks in advance!
    here is Proph's rainbow gem

http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/...rainbowgem.png

Redeemer

haha Woop, Woop Proph the master of Forging / Gems
    That's What She Said!!!
    Dual is the skill of ChampionsÖ
    According to the Simpsons, In Australia we play Knifey-Spooney in our local pubs

MSgt. Shooter Person

Proph we're dyin here... What's the formula??

Skaarj

Well done Proph! How long did it take you to figure this out? Have you tried to duplicate the process a second time yet? Due to the lack of success from the hard working community members, I am starting to get the feeling that even if the recipe is followed correctly, there are still some random craft rates at work here.
    Been a fan of Epic Games since UT'99

Skaarj

wind + water + poison = perk

Quote Originally Posted by NiiLoC View Post
    gonna try this later

Congrats on the achievement, Prof!
    Tell us whose ideas were the closest to the final recipe (except Mustard )
    "Skillbuilding as a lifestyle"
    The God King Club ID#1|Ultimate GK Slayer |True Jedi |
    NG Code follower
    =Dual Guide=

MSgt. Shooter Person

Shock+fire+light=perk1, perk1+water+ice=perk2, perk2+poison+wind=perk3(drop gem +400%)
    ☻}Infinity Blade is a mental torture{☻

GC : Bain Cardin

Skaarj

fire + shock + poison = perk

MSgt. Shooter Person

Proph, did you upgrade to v1.1.1 to do this?

Skaarj

wind + shock + ice = perk

Skaarj

dark + wind + poison = perk
    dark + fire + shock = perk
    dark + shock +water = perk
    dark + fire + poison = perk
    Last edited by Chervonets; 05-11-2012 at 12:54 PM.

Skaarj

I need help!

1 wind fire shock Braincardin
    2 wind fire water Chervonets
    3 wind fire poison n808
    4 wind fire ice tristantzara
    5 wind shock water Chervonets
    6 shock poison wind Dark Defense Gem
    7 wind shock ice Chervonets
    8 wind water poison Chervonets
    9 wind water ice aenimis
    10 wind poison ice Chervonets
    11 fire shock water Braincardin
    12 fire shock poison Chervonets
    13 fire shock ice ruggedland
    14 fire water poison Chervonets
    15 fire ice water Light defense Gem
    16 fire poison ice ruggedland
    17 shock water poison n808
    18 shock water ice n808
    19 shock poison ice
    20 water poison ice ruggedland
    21 dark wind fire Sonts
    22 dark wind shock aenimus
    23 dark wind water aenimus
    24 dark wind poison Chervonets
    25 dark wind ice Chervonets
    26 dark fire shock Chervonets
    27 dark fire water ruggedland
    28 dark fire poison Chervonets
    29 dark fire ice tristantzara
    30 dark shock water Chervonets
    31 dark shock poison Sonts
    32 dark shock ice aenimus
    33 dark water poison Chervonets
    34 dark water ice
    35 dark poison ice
    Last edited by Chervonets; 05-13-2012 at 02:16 PM.

Skaarj

ice gem is very rare...

Iron Guard

13,16,20,27 all result in perk drop.

MSgt. Shooter Person

wind water ice= perk

MSgt. Shooter Person

Also it would be very helpful for someone to also post a pic of said rainbow gem with its value showing.

MSgt. Shooter Person

29: dark fire ice = perk

MSgt. Shooter Person

water + light + ice = perk

MSgt. Shooter Person

indulge me for a moment if you will. If we already have a light gem purchased through the store than wouldn't that negate the need to forge it? Should we instead be focusing on the other parts of the formula, or is it necessary for the equation to use a light def gem that was forged?

MSgt. Shooter Person

It is my belief that the light defense gem is part of the final 3 gems required to make the rainbow gem. Figuring out the other two is my current priority.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: H264

Quote Originally Posted by aenimis View Post
    It is my belief that the light defense gem is part of the final 3 gems required to make the rainbow gem. Figuring out the other two is my current priority.
    Good point, light being refracted through a prism:
    This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
    Attached Images Attached Images
    IB2: L=1000|NG=1^33|H=17050|A=7400|S=1|M=1|GK=3250
    Rainbow Gem Discoverer #2 - exact recipe.

MSgt. Shooter Person

I don't know if it means anything but the only colors represented by the rainbow gem are Orange, Yellow, Green and Violet. It may be a hint, or be absolutely meaningless to the forging process. The one thing that I can be certain of about the gem forge is there is absolutely a random element to it. As such, I will be using the elements that I am certain are required to make a rainbow. Light(refracted to form colors), heat(evaporation of water, a must to produce the required gaseous state of water for rainbow) and, of course, water(enough said). The only thing that I am not certain of is whether or not this gem is forged from nothing but defense gems or if there is an elemental attack gem in the forging process...Any thoughts would be much appreciated. Thanks for the pic n808! that gives me some ideas.

So, I know this is a legendary awesome effort. And I don't think the community should stop.

However, I just had a thought. What if you get this not with defense gems but with attack?

I bring this up because I noticed a pattern, as I've already failed, and I seems like just the kind of thing I'd program for a really hard achievement.

What if you're supposed to use the special +1 attack gems that they've been awarding from Clash Mob?! I already sold my first one... But I'd wager there's something special to these specifically for forging!

Let me know those of you who've held onto them! Combine ONLY +1s or maybe +1 and +400s?! Dunno, good luck!

I'll do my part as soon as I'm able.

Deathless

From Donald mustard via twitter

Hint: ?def + ?def + ?def = ?, ?def + ?def + ?def = ?, ? + ? + ? = #therecipe
    that's why.
    Pantheon

True Jedi

Where's the combo proph?

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by baincardin View Post
    Shock+fire+light=perk1, perk1+water+ice=perk2, perk2+poison+wind=perk3(drop gem +400%)
    Perk3, I did a continuous forging with defense gem as follows:-

Perk3+poison+water=perk4, perk4+ice+water=perk5, perk5+fire+shock=perk6,
    Perk6+ice+fire=perk7, perk7+shock+wind=combat damage Titan gem(cdt1).

And I keep experimenting with these defenses gem;

Cdt1+ice+water=cdt2, cdt2+poison+light=cdt3, cdt3+fire+shock=cdt4 (on parry damage Titan 999)

Perk4-7 and cdt1-4, worth $500,000 each.

Now what?

I don't wanna sell that cdt4..yet. I will continue to do the experiment to d defenses gem later with cdt4. I wanna go to sleep now n hope that D RECIPE will come out in my dream. LOL!

Hey guys, I made a simpler version of the equation than Mr. Mustard's.

First Forge: (Mystery Def. Gem 1) + (Mystery Def. Gem 2) + (Mystery Def. Gem 3) = Light Def. Gem

Second Forge: (Mystery Def. Gem 4) + (Mystery Def. Gem 5) + (Mystery Def. Gem 6) = Mystery Forged Gem

Third Forge: (Light Def. Gem from first forge) + (Mystery Forged Gem from second forge) + (Mystery Def. Gem 7) = Rainbow Gem.

I hope this helps others understand the equation a little better.

Skaarj

If it helps anyone, I think there are 'rare' gems of a different colour. For example, I have a violet gem in the Light gem shape which does "On Combo 4 Block All Attacks", worth $125,000. I also have a Cyan gem worth $50,000 which does "On Perfect Parry Stun Titan 3 seconds", which is the only gem I've seen of it's kind. I believe that combining these could help get the Rainbow Gem.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by NiiLoC View Post
    First, thanks to NiiLoC for posting the image that I took and thanks to Aussi3 and =Silver= for the congrats!

I see that no progress has been made since my gem find has been posted so I'm going through the last couple pages of this thread and will answer your questions in the order that I see them...if I missed any of them, please feel free to post something after my reply here.

tristantzara - thanks for starting this thread and hopefully what I add here will help all of you figure out the achievement. With that stated, I'm not just going to give out the recipe that I discovered. What I'm hoping for is that there are other recipes out there. If it comes out that the recipe I found is the ONLY one out there, then we can discuss that at the proper time when all of you have exhausted most of the possibilities out there.

I feel that with any achievement, it has to be earned. If your goal is a full achievement board on GC, there are ways to do that - but for those of us who actually earned the 10,000 blocked attacks or the 20,000 dodges, that actually takes some doing. My next personal goal is to achieve a 10,050 GK level on OG - which means that I'll achieve that at RB 500 - so I have under 50 rebirths to go (and I'll have to update the Australian Open as well).

I also feel that if I just merely post my find, it will ruin a mystery of the game. Remember that the achievement just went live 11 days ago...I think instant gratification should not be rewarded here. Also, after thinking about it, the hint that Donald Mustard tweeted is a huge hint - and if people don't overthink things, I believe that they'll figure out the achievement. If someone else wants to be that person who posts the recipe upon immediate discovery, then so be it. Eventually, everyone will have a Rainbow Gem and everyone will have the Solar Fusion achievement. I think the fun here is in the experimentation and discovery -- not the end result.

Next the questions from oijando - it didn't take me long to figure out as I got lucky with my mad scientist method of forging - so when I discovered the Light Defense gem sequence, everything started to click. I did duplicate the process a second time with the method I discovered on a second character slot so at least the first time wasn't random.

On to =silver='s question - which is a really good question -- whose ideas are the closest? Looking back over the last 12 pages of this thread, I liked the way that ruggedland, Chervonets, n808, and aenimis were originally thinking when the first hint got posted.

Summary of those first posts - Forging order is important. From Donald Mustard's second hint, if you forged 3 defense gems and you got a perk gem out of it, you are wrong as you did not get a Light Defense gem as a result. Stop right there and try a different combination. Do not continue on with those forged perk gems - you are wasting your time (unless you want to forge a higher value gem for some reason). This is where I believe Epic/Chair are correct - when you do pop 3 gems into the forge, you get a better gem. Thinking about it, a perk gem is better than a defense gem (value-wise) and 3 defense gems in a forge. Therefore, you can't go *backwards* if you start forging the resulting forged perk gems and are hoping to receive a light defense gem as a result.

Next, to MPLewis - no I did not upgrade to v 1.1.1 as you are well aware of my feelings about gem devaluation and the 10x forging costs associated with the latest update.

Next to the Chervonets chart - I am assuming that all 35 combinations on the chart have been attempted? If so and you haven't found that Light Defense gem, then you guys need to rethink the combinations - as forging order is important! When I discovered the Light Defense combination, I experimented with the same 3 defense gems in a different forging order - and out came a perk drop gem! So while you may think that the 35 combinations chart covers the entire spectrum of possibilities, it doesn't. Rework the entire range of combinations and I'm sure that you'll figure out the sequence.

aenimis, to your first request, I won't be posting a pic of the value of the Rainbow Gem as I believe that this is a huge clue in figuring it out. <-- that in itself should give you a clue. Also, I want to see if anyone out there can discover another recipe for this gem as I find it hard to believe that if the combination I discovered is the ONLY combination, then we have lots to discuss once the recipe becomes public - as I haven't figured out why a Rainbow Gem would be the final result of what I discovered by accident.

Now to your second question, a light defense gem purchased from the store doesn't work in the rainbow gem forging. I tried that once after I figured out the recipe and I forgot what gem popped out from the forge - needless to say the result didn't impress me. So with that in mind, once you guys figure out the Light Defense gem recipe, be sure not to mix up that forged version with a normal Light Defense gem version as there are no differences in picture or value when it's in your gem inventory!

btw, aenimis, with your most recent post, I think you're very close to figuring stuff out - just try out your theories. You appear to be very observant...

I'll be checking this thread occasionally to see what you guys come up with - and after further postings, should you guys have any other questions, let me know...just don't ask for the recipe for another few days...
    Last edited by Proph; 05-12-2012 at 07:24 PM.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Very good post, and again congrats, Proph! Whoever finds it next, I urge you to follow Proph's sentiment -- do not just post the solution here
    But thanks for letting us know 1.1 works fine - this is what I have on my iPad, where experimenting and reloading is so much faster.
    Last edited by n808; 05-12-2012 at 08:18 PM.

MSgt. Shooter Person

I was afraid that the value would give much of the recipe away. Congrats on the rainbow gem and if no one else says it thanks for not posting the recipe. I really appreciate your reply to my questions. It's good to know I'm on the right track! Keep up the good work proph!

MSgt. Shooter Person

Thanks Proph and congrats! Looks like my formulas are totally wrong. And agreed that 1.1 works fine! It's a kind of relief . This mystery rainbow gem is like a legend gem in infinity blade. Haha

MSgt. Shooter Person

I'm out of ideas....Aenimis is on to something, I can tell, but I'm stuck...good luck guys! I'll do some experimenting still though.

I got an email from Donald Mustard to which he gave me a hint not seen in the sequences prior.

Fire defense + ?def + ?def = light defense, ?def + ?def + ?def = ?, ? + ? + ? = ?

Maybe with props advice + the tip from Donald we can solve this.

Blademaster

Quote Originally Posted by KnowHope View Post
    I got an email from Donald Mustard to which he gave me a hint not seen in the sequences prior.

Fire defense + ?def + ?def = light defense, ?def + ?def + ?def = ?, ? + ? + ? = ?

Maybe with props advice + the tip from Donald we can solve this.
    Hm we are getting closer and closer, and your updated formula will surly help us. But remember that if you figure out the entire formula, not to post it as Proph has asked.
    Welcome to the forums by the way
    oLd ScHoOl
    27 . 15 . 23

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Thanks to Proph's post, I got some motivation, and after some experiments, managed to forge a Light defense gem, even without having read the latest hint, which isn't really needed, with the minor hints given by Proph.. There is some logic to the madness
    Last edited by n808; 05-12-2012 at 09:35 PM.

Post if there is an attack rainbow gem

Blademaster

Quote Originally Posted by GUYVERZERO View Post
    Post if there is an attack rainbow gem
    The rainbow gem is all elemental defense, not attack
    oLd ScHoOl
    27 . 15 . 23

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

I got it Whew, that was fun, after all. Some logic, some luck, lots of fresh motivation from Proph's post, and a bit of work doing the experiments.

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by n808; 05-12-2012 at 10:16 PM.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast