God King

Default DM-Mégane

Name: Mégane
    Game type: DM / TDM
    Version: 1.0
    Players: 6 - 12
    Requirements: UT3 + patch 2.1 + Titan Pack
    Story / Histoire:

Following the deconstruction of an office building, the board of directors of Mégane city decided to sell the site. The city approved several private companies to build a underground housing project. Therefore, countless fights took place between the different companies. Following their endless quarrels, it was decided by the board to abandon the idea.

Suite à la déconstruction d’un édifice à bureau, le conseil d’administration de la ville de Mégane a décidé de vendre le site. La ville a donné son approbation à plusieurs entreprises privées de construire un projet domiciliaire souterrain. Hors, d’innombrables disputes ont eu lieu entre les différentes entreprises. Par conséquent, suite à leurs querelles interminables, il a été décidé par le conseil d’administration d’abandonner l’idée.

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
    This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Downloads:

Game-Maps, Mapraider, Mediafire, UT-Files

Installation:

Extract the archive into :

“My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\CookedPC\CustomMaps” directory. If this folder is not currently on your system, you can safely create it. The archive contains :

DM-Megane.ini
    DM-Megane.txt
    DM-Megane.ut3
    DM-Megane_LOC_int.upk

Details:

For this theme, It’s the first time I use a combination of brick and techy meshes & materials. My inspiration come from stock maps but as always, I use my own style of mixing the assets to obtain a different look and atmosphere. I also want to obtain an UT99 feel to it. The blue and red colors are pretty much dominant in UT99. My goal is to obtain the classic look and feel by using colors and no saturation. The main color is yellowish and all areas use little spots of blue and/or red colors like in the old times. Expect contrast and darker lighting in many spots, like in real life.

The features:

- Many broken / rotating fans
    - A custom emitter for the dark smoke
    - A garage door that move up / down
    - A huge hi-tech tower with 2 rotating sections
    - A platform of crates that goes up
    - A yellow vibrating machine
    - 2 floating / moving barrels in the water
    - Red flashing lights for some defective machinery
    - Many custom made materials (made for all buildings outside the play area, all floors, etc) and 3 custom meshes
    - Enhanced many stock materials by adding more details maps, tweaking specularity, etc
    - The map as been optimized for TDM

Redeemer
    Metro Manila, Philippines, Southeast Asia

Umm, stevelois, invalid URL link of Mediafire...

MSgt. Shooter Person

C'est beau Steve. Combien des temps est-ce que tu travailais sur cette map?

God King

Quote Originally Posted by Tux Android View Post
    Umm, stevelois, invalid URL link of Mediafire...
    Odd, but fixed

Quote Originally Posted by DougClayton4231 View Post
    C'est beau Steve. Combien des temps est-ce que tu travailais sur cette map?
    Merci bcp. J'ai travaillé sur cette map depuis mi-Décembre 2011. Ça représente 5.5 mois de dur travail. J'espère que tu vas aimer

MSgt. Shooter Person

YAY!! Other great map to my collection lololo

Redeemer

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by stevelois View Post
    Odd, but fixed
    Thanks, I was viewing this map quickly on time (GMT-4, 10:31 AM) and proceed to download on 01:08 PM, I will check it out the "final release" later.

MSgt. Shooter Person

I have to say hats off, this is one hell of good map Steve. Apologies I didn't get around to reviewing during beta but from what I could tell you didn't leave much left to change. The large size took me by surprise but I've come to appreciate over time.

I really admire the lighting, it elaborates an ambiance that molds itself around the theme so well. The meshing, architecture and theme are a culmination of so many good idea, I got a kick out of all the extra details you added both inside and out. Those city building surrounding the map are very cool too, I'm impressed how far you've pushed the asset set. The articulated layout offers so many possibilities making a map that has tons of re-playability, top job.

Some highlights that I found really cool:

I find my self still learning alternatives routes and strategies on offer here. Thanks for all your efforts Steve, top job.

Redeemer

Thumbs up One of the finest!

This is wonderful Steve, the title of this map is a French and looks cool indeed (give me a definition here mate)! Pretty cool about meshes, lighting, architecture, sound effects, skybox, buildings, fans, pipes, alternative areas, and some other stuffs I've mentioned that added into an unique atmosphere. Gameplay is good, z-axis fun, and the bots are fine here (and tough also).

God King

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSonny07 View Post
    YAY!! Other great map to my collection lololo
    He he, enjoy dude

Quote Originally Posted by Achernar View Post
    I have to say hats off, this is one hell of good map Steve. Apologies I didn't get around to reviewing during beta but from what I could tell you didn't leave much left to change. The large size took me by surprise but I've come to appreciate over time.

I really admire the lighting, it elaborates an ambiance that molds itself around the theme so well. The meshing, architecture and theme are a culmination of so many good idea, I got a kick out of all the extra details you added both inside and out. Those city building surrounding the map are very cool too, I'm impressed how far you've pushed the asset set. The articulated layout offers so many possibilities making a map that has tons of re-playability, top job...I find my self still learning alternatives routes and strategies on offer here. Thanks for all your efforts Steve, top job.
    THX for the detailed review bro & for sharing your preferred areas with the pics. I'm happy you like it & this kind of review is my personal reward Have fun bro

Quote Originally Posted by Tux Android View Post
    This is wonderful Steve, the title of this map is a French and looks cool indeed (give me a definition here mate)! Pretty cool about meshes, lighting, architecture, sound effects, skybox, buildings, fans, pipes, alternative areas, and some other stuffs I've mentioned that added into an unique atmosphere. Gameplay is good, z-axis fun, and the bots are fine here (and tough also).
    Ha ha THX m8

Mégane is a first name which I found very sexy, mysterious. I like to choose a name that have character, like Fatima per example. Next one in the work will be call DM-Maria hihi

So I'm happy of your good words m8

Note: I'm happy everyone really like the lighting in this level. It was a good experience working with bright red & blue with the main yellow. I'm happy my visual goal please everyone so far & I like to make different stuff from map to map. It's more fun to make since it's different & you learn more by experiencing a different theme each time as far as I'm concerned

The next one will use Necris assets. Still, my goal is NOT to obtain the look that have that depressing look & feel like the stock maps with the ugly tentacles or that overuse green Bloom / DOF & go another way.

MSgt. Shooter Person

He he, enjoy dude

The next one will use Necris assets. Still, my goal is NOT to obtain the look that have that depressing look & feel like the stock maps with the ugly tentacles or that overuse green Bloom / DOF & go another way.
    Some kind of inferno-turkish mixture map for a necris map? Sounds good!

Prisoner 849

As I commented in the UOF thread, excellent job with this one M8!
    Layout, visuals and especially the lighting is very nicely done!
    "The probability of someone watching you is proportional to the stupidity of your actions!"
    Unreal Old Friends
    Legacy

God King

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSonny07 View Post
    Some kind of inferno-turkish mixture map for a necris map? Sounds good!
    Yeah

Quite a mix I have in mind...

- I'll use simple meshing for the deco. I mean nice to look at but not to much meshes witch result in heavy polycount (not like Nano for example). Few houses, towers and simple architectures with arches here & there.
    - I'll use some of the Necris assets only. The one I found to be the nicer for my taste (I don't like much of them but I found some to look awesome lol).
    - I'll use meshes that have the Turkish look & will apply a clean material so it contrast more with the dark rock material. Only the Belt area will use some damaged / burned material. I'll use clean BSP floor too.
    - I'll use many blue trims, floor tiles to add more contrast to the scene which I really love
    - No saturation & a nice color mix of yellow to red for the surrounding with a blue tint for the shadows.
    - No ugly tentacles nor green stuff nor green fog. Classic look all the way instead (orange - blue). The lower part of the fog is orange while the higher part is blue.

So this is the result so far

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_PorkSword View Post
    As I commented in the UOF thread, excellent job with this one M8!
    Layout, visuals and especially the lighting is very nicely done!
    THX bro for posting in both forums, I appreciate very much

Have fun bro !

MSgt. Shooter Person

Yeah

Quite a mix I have in mind...

- I'll use simple meshing for the deco. I mean nice to look at but not to much meshes witch result in heavy polycount (not like Nano for example). Few houses, towers and simple architectures with arches here & there.
    - I'll use some of the Necris assets only. The one I found to be the nicer for my taste (I don't like much of them but I found some to look awesome lol).
    - I'll use meshes that have the Turkish look & will apply a clean material so it contrast more with the dark rock material. Only the Belt area will use some damaged / burned material. I'll use clean BSP floor too.
    - I'll use many blue trims, floor tiles to add more contrast to the scene which I really love
    - No saturation & a nice color mix of yellow to red for the surrounding with a blue tint for the shadows.
    - No ugly tentacles nor green stuff nor green fog. Classic look all the way instead (orange - blue). The lower part of the fog is orange while the higher part is blue.

So this is the result so far

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

THX bro for posting in both forums, I appreciate very much

Have fun bro !
    Thats an unussual style mapping in ut3, is something fresh that style you explained, I preview a sexy and another interensting map. I think those blue tint could be between turquoise blue and something but weak green tints over it ...mm sound very promising. The inferno style I would like to see that style in map like this

MSgt. Shooter Person

Wow, you have been busy! That Turkish map does look very cool. I'm wondering, what do reckon of including some lava bubble emitters in the surround area. I'v seen it some other maps and thought it would fit, just an idea.

Keep up the great work, looking forward to some more screenshots.
    Last edited by Achernar; 05-08-2012 at 06:12 PM.

God King

Wow, you have been busy! That Turkish map does look very cool. I'm wondering, what do reckon of including some lava bubble emitters in the surround area. I'v seen it some other maps and thought it would fit, just an idea.

Ha ha that pic represent only 1 week of work, much more need to be done but THX bro

The bubble emitters is a good idea, I've beta test that map at the time but didn't remembered he added bubble for the final so it's something I'll keep in mind.

The UOF team will be the first & surely the only bros to play that map before the final. I do not intent to put to much efforts on this level cauze it's a quick & fun map like Itarion. So playing will be better tan looking at pics

Boomshot

...+1 one to that, nice idea for the lava bubble thing
    ...+ i really like the "darkness" on this one too (from what we can imagine by watching the picture haha)

and congratz for megane ....nice map.....lol....but i also told ya on UOF
    ~THUND3RL4ND~IP:77.111.254.236:27015 -UOF-UnrealOldFriendsForum
    AsusFormulaV/FX-8350@8x5.0ghz/CustomLoop/MSI-N660TI-PE-OC/KingstonHyperX-8GbDDR3-1600Mhz/KingstonHyperX-SSD120GB/InWin-DragonRider/AntecQuattro1000W
    XFire&Steam:bfgblitz MyMaps

Redeemer

Lightbulb um...

...didn't you learn anything from the beta thread? You need to take the acute accent off the 'e' for the forum link to work.

EDIT: also the forum is messing up again lately. Any idea why it takes an eternity for the threads to post sometimes?
    Last edited by SkaarjMaster; 05-10-2012 at 08:38 PM.

Redeemer

Thumbs up another good one!

woohoo, tight factory fragging, watch out for those bumper posts, nice textures/meshes and music choice, good bots and great flow; lots of places to run, hide, come back, turn around, etc.; not a big fan of that one slow lift though. Good lighting and also liked the fans, steam, garage, wild central floor, and surrounding cityscape with black smoke.

Prisoner 849

http://ut3.game-maps.net/index.php?act=view&id=1686

Added to the database now
    Will update our server in a half hour/hour or so with a few new maps that were recently released, including this one.
    IP = 188.138.84.233:8888
    MPF Games : Founder
    zunnie.nl : My personal website

Intel Core2Duo 3GHz
    4GB DDR2 RAM
    nVidia GeForce 9800GT 1GB

Redeemer

Hey Steve, are you sure Megane is not the name of a beautiful girlfriend of yours because this map is hot! When do you go to work for Epic? I love all of the detail in this map. Ambient sounds are great and the layout keeps it all interesting. The only thing I was tricked by was the invisible wall at the bollards as has been mentioned. I like the little bit of "crackmet" in the middle with the barrels going up also. Anyway, another great, retail quality map from you. Congrats!

God King

Quote Originally Posted by SkaarjMaster View Post
    woohoo, tight factory fragging, watch out for those bumper posts, nice textures/meshes and music choice, good bots and great flow; lots of places to run, hide, come back, turn around, etc.; not a big fan of that one slow lift though. Good lighting and also liked the fans, steam, garage, wild central floor, and surrounding cityscape with black smoke.
    Great, THX for the review

The KEG lift is slower to raise the adrenaline while trying to grab the powerup so gameplay wise, it's not a good idea to make it move as fast as the others lifts since you can't do any liftjump neither. I found it obligatory to respect the risk vs reward aspect

Note that I access this thread from multiples pc's using IE 6 / 8 / 9 & Firefox & never had any issues accessing the beta thread nor this one. You're the only one who had report that weird forums issue so it look like an isolate case, no offense m8.

Quote Originally Posted by zunnie View Post
    http://ut3.game-maps.net/index.php?act=view&id=1686

Added to the database now
    Will update our server in a half hour/hour or so with a few new maps that were recently released, including this one.
    IP = 188.138.84.233:8888
    THX, I'll add it to my dwn list

Quote Originally Posted by M^vL View Post
    Hey Steve, are you sure Megane is not the name of a beautiful girlfriend of yours because this map is hot! When do you go to work for Epic? I love all of the detail in this map. Ambient sounds are great and the layout keeps it all interesting. The only thing I was tricked by was the invisible wall at the bollards as has been mentioned. I like the little bit of "crackmet" in the middle with the barrels going up also. Anyway, another great, retail quality map from you. Congrats!
    THX for the kind words my friend, happy you like it

Redeemer

Cool

I just go into the URL and change it to an 'e' and it's fine after that. Not sure why it messes up to begin with though. I'm using WinXP and IE8 at home. At work with Win7, it's fine. Oh well, unless someone knows how to fix this, I'll just roll with it. Nice map!

Redeemer

wait, this isn't the last one if you have two more coming.

Iron Guard
    www.ut-files.com | The largest Unreal file hosting site.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Steve would you mind if I used this map on my Bloodshed server? I would require an uncooked version to add my modifications for the classed based spawns & the kismet for DM play in a Warfare map.

God King

Quote Originally Posted by Rumplehedskin View Post
    Steve would you mind if I used this map on my Bloodshed server? I would require an uncooked version to add my modifications for the classed based spawns & the kismet for DM play in a Warfare map.
    I don't mind to send you the uncoocked version as long as you use the modified version only on your server & not release that modified version anywhere else. The only versions I expect to see on public forums / sites is the DM release in this thread & the upcoming Greed version I'm working on.

You want the DM version if I understand correctly & not the Greed one ?

If it's cool with you, I'll send you the uncoocked version this week with the link in PM

MSgt. Shooter Person

Yeah just for my server. The DM version please. Thanks!

MSgt. Shooter Person

Thanks man! You should come check my server out.

God King

Thanks man! You should come check my server out.
    I do not have much time these days for UT3 (or any games) but I would like to see a video to see how you play the map in this new game mode

MSgt. Shooter Person

Sure thing! I'll get it up there by this weekend. I've been working overtime lately so I haven't had much time for working on this stuff during the week.

God King

Sure thing! I'll get it up there by this weekend. I've been working overtime lately so I haven't had much time for working on this stuff during the week.
    Cool

I'm curious to see what's goign on in this new game mode play in my map

My WIP of DM-Mégane for Greed mode using the winter theme for the first time It as been posted yedterday on UOF forums.

On a side note, how come no one comments about my last pic ??? It's my best work so far & no support, constructive feedback from the community ! That's a shame No wonder why mappers left the forums when you see that total lack of support from the "community" ! Simply decieving.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Steve, it's excellent, but for greed mode only? :|

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast