Register

Welcome to the Epic Games Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Iron Guard

Question Exactly how rigged are clashmobs?

Not looking for speculation. Honest answers only.

To be completely honest with you, I just qualify and don't even bother putting forth actual effort ever since I realized they are rigged to some degree.

Please, skip the flaming and bs, I'm looking for serious actual answers to just how rigged are they?

MSgt. Shooter Person

More people = Win
    Infinity Blade + Spectrum gem + Toast + Cat = Nyan with sword!

Worker of Secrets Club #4

I just play once and wait for the "other people" to do the rest I definitely think they are rigged so we win no matter what. And for some reason it seems like when I'm not playing clash mob no one else is either and when I start "everyone else" does
    -"Siris, you have to finish him!"
    -my response to this: "No duh! What have we been trying to do, like this whole game Isa???"
    -Soulless ausar. He's a ginger!
    One Star Club #3 and General of OSC

Iron Guard

Quote Originally Posted by StarViruZ View Post
    More people = Win
    Is that all it is? Just the sheer number of people that participate? Or is it people that qualify?

I know beyond any doubt what so ever that they don't actually count what we do.

Like, a clashmob to kill 50,000 titans does not end when 50,000 titans are killed.

I'm actually thinking its on a set timer or something.

Whether we have killed enough, or haven't, it completes in a certain set time frame.

Quote Originally Posted by LordBrid View Post
    Is that all it is? Just the sheer number of people that participate? Or is it people that qualify?

I know beyond any doubt what so ever that they don't actually count what we do.

Like, a clashmob to kill 50,000 titans does not end when 50,000 titans are killed.

I'm actually thinking its on a set timer or something.

Whether we have killed enough, or haven't, it completes in a certain set time frame.
    Ya I'm pretty sure the whole thing is rigged :P
    -my response to this: "No duh! What have we been trying to do, like this whole game Isa???"

Deathless
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: greenday48104

Who cares really? And you can't know for certain Mr. Bird, unless you developed CMs.

Iron Guard

Quote Originally Posted by TywinTheVile View Post
    Who cares really? And you can't know for certain Mr. Bird, unless you developed CMs.
    I care. Knowing that my contributions are meaningless makes it unfun.

I can know for certain. I've been testing extensively ever since the 47 ronin clashmob.

MSgt. Shooter Person

i have seen clashmobs fail to achieve the goal. Are you guys seriously thinking that there is no real server sync, and they just randomly pick some clashmobs to fail?

Iron Guard

There is definitely a system in place to prevent Clashmobs from ending too soon, so that as many people as possible have a chance to earn the prize. Otherwise, 47 ronin would have ended way too early resulting in many people not getting that blade.

Quote Originally Posted by titanium View Post
    i have seen clashmobs fail to achieve the goal. Are you guys seriously thinking that there is no real server sync, and they just randomly pick some clashmobs to fail?
    We are talking about group clash mobs

Iron Guard

This is what current test data indicates.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Has anybody plotted the progress towards the goal versus time? You should naturally see a drop off during night time hours of the various regions. If you made such a plot, and you saw a very straight line from (for example) 0 parries up to 500,000 parries, then definitely something is wrong. You would expect to see the steepest slope of the progress during hours when both North America and Europe are awake (say around noon EST/5pm UK/6pm Eur), and very little progress with both continents are asleep (say around midnight EST/5 am UK/6am Eur).

It would only take 1-2 days to gather this data, since most clashmob stages take about 1-2 days to complete. The final stage takes a while longer and having multi-day data points could easily validate your assumption.

Iron Guard

Has anybody plotted the progress towards the goal versus time? You should naturally see a drop off during night time hours of the various regions. If you made such a plot, and you saw a very straight line from (for example) 0 parries up to 500,000 parries, then definitely something is wrong. You would expect to see the steepest slope of the progress during hours when both North America and Europe are awake (say around noon EST/5pm UK/6pm Eur), and very little progress with both continents are asleep (say around midnight EST/5 am UK/6am Eur).

It would only take 1-2 days to gather this data, since most clashmob stages take about 1-2 days to complete. The final stage takes a while longer and having multi-day data points could easily validate your assumption.
    Why don't you go ahead and do that.

I'll clue you in, you want to compare the first 90%-95% to the last 5-10%.

Oh, and then there's the fact that I actually KNOW that it's rigged.

You see, as the high lord of all glitching I have been doing things in clash mobs that people shouldn't be able to. Like the picture where I did like 13.5 million damage in 60 to a creature that doesn't naturally break.

One of my recent exploits was soloing a clash mob. I won't get too specific on exactly what I abused or how, but it took me like 87 plays to finish the mob. It was completed an hour and a half after the clashmob was started. The clashmob did not complete for almost 10 more hours.

During this test, I was watching the clashmob on a different screen. 87 one minute plays to complete the clashmob. In watching the mobs progression, none of my plays were ever added to the mob. No jump was ever large enough to account for a single play by me. And, even on this mob where I completed it almost 10 hours before it ended, when it got to the last little bit, the rate of gain suddenly decreased from going up very quickly, to a trickle increase.

The Sacrifice
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: game monk space

I don't find CM to be a great fun unless it has some weapons to unlock or some Great amount of BC.

When Ronin Challenge was there , i just participated once or twice, i didn't care if i don't get it coz if i don't get it due to CM didn't qualified, no one else would.

Secondly, from IB2, when Epic limited some of the weapons to CM and it was hard to find CM that actually rewarded to players who had either purchased a new Game or has been waiting for few months. (*exception are possible). Same would be seen in IB3 where few items are limited to some Aegis Tournament (i had found one which was a testing)

CM could have been made more better like some quests to finish , Chest for Drops, fighting few titans and meeting a BOSS to finally get some better reward.

This CM at this moment doesn't excite me as an individual playing IB3.
    The Immortal Can Be Vanquished - But Only iF Heart, Mind, and Steel are As One

Game Center ID : ==[Vikram Singh]==

IB1:- Level 80 (Last played September 2013)

IB2:- Level 180, RB:200, GK Level: 13000+ (Stats :- Does not remember coz the game has been deleted) (Last Played December 2013)

IB3 Stats
    Siris Level 223, Awakening 200+
    Isa Level 226 , Awakening 200+
    WoS Level 7650

MSgt. Shooter Person

Well playing IB2 in the last year CMs almost never completed... idk what that meens Some in 3 also happened so fast i didn't get a chance to get in... Whatevs ill take my easy free stuff

Deathless
    Gamer IDs

Why don't you go ahead and do that.

I'll clue you in, you want to compare the first 90%-95% to the last 5-10%.

Oh, and then there's the fact that I actually KNOW that it's rigged.

You see, as the high lord of all glitching I have been doing things in clash mobs that people shouldn't be able to. Like the picture where I did like 13.5 million damage in 60 to a creature that doesn't naturally break.

One of my recent exploits was soloing a clash mob. I won't get too specific on exactly what I abused or how, but it took me like 87 plays to finish the mob. It was completed an hour and a half after the clashmob was started. The clashmob did not complete for almost 10 more hours.

During this test, I was watching the clashmob on a different screen. 87 one minute plays to complete the clashmob. In watching the mobs progression, none of my plays were ever added to the mob. No jump was ever large enough to account for a single play by me. And, even on this mob where I completed it almost 10 hours before it ended, when it got to the last little bit, the rate of gain suddenly decreased from going up very quickly, to a trickle increase.
    Well Hil already stated way back in IB2 days right before 3 dropped that they would have a system in place for all clashmobs (IB2 & 3)to stop dicks who try and solo clashmobs. So if by rigged you mean they have a way to prevent extreme glitchers from fu**ing other players over, then yea I agree it is rigged.

Redeemer

I also think that CM's are progressing on their own, when it looks as if not enough people are playing... Participating may speed if up, but I suspect that it's not necessary anymore...
    I'ld prefer a system that takes into account the number of participants. A CM would need at least 100 to start and then adjust to the number of players after a couple of hours? Sound complicated and I don't really see how to prevent it from both being impossible and too easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    IB3 Levels: Siris 312 Awakening 582 - Isa 314 Awakening 582 - WoS 8550
    IB2 Levels: Siris 8000 NG200 - GK 19950
    No glitches, no cheats --- GameCenter ID: CreHater

Deathless Horror

Quote Originally Posted by ziltama View Post
    There is definitely a system in place to prevent Clashmobs from ending too soon, so that as many people as possible have a chance to earn the prize. Otherwise, 47 ronin would have ended way too early resulting in many people not getting that blade.
    Perhaps this explains those annoying "Pending Times" in between each Stage of a CM.

Redeemer

What would make sense is that when a CM is on progress, during the time it's running, several checks were performed on how many people are playing. If the number of people participating is too low for the CM to be completed, the requirement could be lowered... But that also does not prevent people to just qualify and then become passive...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    IB3 Levels: Siris 312 Awakening 582 - Isa 314 Awakening 582 - WoS 8550
    IB2 Levels: Siris 8000 NG200 - GK 19950
    No glitches, no cheats --- GameCenter ID: CreHater

The Sacrifice

I just monitored the current CM (Stage 3 - Isa Dodging) for about two minutes. Obviously, that might not be a statistically relevant sample, but the cumulative dodge totals did increase in a linear pattern. Each time the total changed, the number of added dodges slowly increased in size, from about 11 dodges per update to about 24 per update. Each incremental increase was repeated a few times, like this:

205,014 (my baseline ) + 11 + 11 +12 +12 +13 +14 +14 +15+15+15+16+17+17+18+19+19... And so on, to about +24.

Each 'stop' along the progression is repeated a few (but not precisely the same number of) times, before going back to increases of ~11. And the trend repeated again, through ~24.

While I'm not sure this is 'evidence' of anything per se, I do wonder if others observe a similar pattern. Maybe the server batches actual players' scores in increasing order per minute, and reports that way? Could be several explanations.

I still like the CMs, even if the rewards are relatively small. The competitive Aegis tournaments for rare items sounds great, too.

The Sacrifice

Quote Originally Posted by ziltama View Post
    I support that approach. Far better for more people to participate in the reward than too few, especially if it is for unique items.

Hil said earlier that all ties for Aegis tournaments will qualify, which is appropriate. But we need clear, reasonable advance warning before they start, or people who miss out will be really upset.

I've seen CMs fail in the past, but some of the earlier targets were quite ambitious. Conversely, the current CM series has very low targets for success. Maybe ChAIR is calibrating CMs based on actual past performance.

Either way, easy money is good, especially for low-level players who really need $100,000 gold or 100 chips. No complaints here.

Deathless
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatKhan View Post
    I support that approach. Far better for more people to participate in the reward than too few, especially if it is for unique items.

Hil said earlier that all ties for Aegis tournaments will qualify, which is appropriate. But we need clear, reasonable advance warning before they start, or people who miss out will be really upset.

I've seen CMs fail in the past, but some of the earlier targets were quite ambitious. Conversely, the current CM series has very low targets for success. Maybe ChAIR is calibrating CMs based on actual past performance.

Either way, easy money is good, especially for low-level players who really need $100,000 gold or 100 chips. No complaints here.
    Agreed! On my glitch free save CM has really helped me get fast money and chips. Idgaf if they are rigged or not.

The Sacrifice

Idgaf if they are rigged or not.
    Yep, me too. Conspiracy theory can apply to everything if you let it. But there are bigger things to worry about than this.

Iron Guard

Well Hil already stated way back in IB2 days right before 3 dropped that they would have a system in place for all clashmobs (IB2 & 3)to stop dicks who try and solo clashmobs. So if by rigged you mean they have a way to prevent extreme glitchers from fu**ing other players over, then yea I agree it is rigged.
    Quite frankly, I didn't perform this test until I was already confident of the fact they are rigged.

So, just for the record, in no way shape or form did I attempt to screw over honest players. What I intended to do, is exactly what I have done. Shown they are rigged.

Iron Guard

I just monitored the current CM (Stage 3 - Isa Dodging) for about two minutes. Obviously, that might not be a statistically relevant sample, but the cumulative dodge totals did increase in a linear pattern. Each time the total changed, the number of added dodges slowly increased in size, from about 11 dodges per update to about 24 per update. Each incremental increase was repeated a few times, like this:

205,014 (my baseline ) + 11 + 11 +12 +12 +13 +14 +14 +15+15+15+16+17+17+18+19+19... And so on, to about +24.

Each 'stop' along the progression is repeated a few (but not precisely the same number of) times, before going back to increases of ~11. And the trend repeated again, through ~24.

While I'm not sure this is 'evidence' of anything per se, I do wonder if others observe a similar pattern. Maybe the server batches actual players' scores in increasing order per minute, and reports that way? Could be several explanations.

I still like the CMs, even if the rewards are relatively small. The competitive Aegis tournaments for rare items sounds great, too.
    Khan, you didn't watch long enough.

We are going to 500,000.

Right now, as we are near the middle (near 250,000) it is jumping up from 50-150 dodges per update. Somewhere between 450,000 and 475,000 it will suddenly, while you are watching, drop the rate of increase.

Like, it will be jumping up 50-80 at that point, and then suddenly hits a wall, and each update will be 1-10 or some ridiculously low number.

Just watch it for a whole clashmob. It happens this way. On every single clashmob.

It has passed the chance for it to be coincidental. There is absolutely 0% chance that 60,000+ people with no intention of doing so! have co-ordinated an effort to make sure that every single clashmob since ronin katana has ended the same way.

The Sacrifice

LordBrid, that's great - I don't have time to watch an entire CM. I shared what I had time to do, with all attendant caveats. Encourage you to do as you suggested upthread, rather than ask others to monitor a full CM to prove your observation. Cheers.

Iron Guard

LordBrid, that's great - I don't have time to watch an entire CM. I shared what I had time to do, with all attendant caveats. Encourage you to do as you suggested upthread, rather than ask others to monitor a full CM to prove your observation. Cheers.
    I already have.

This isn't a simple glitch where I can post a single screenshot and it shows everything. I would need to post extensive video from my iOS device screen, and I'm not TamL with that nifty card she has.

I have already observed this. You expressed doubt that I am correct.

Rather than telling you to take my word for it, I'm telling you how to see this for yourself.

Your post number was 26. If you had read post number 13, you would realize I have already quantified this and I'm not asking you to prove anything. I already have. I am simply sharing my observable proof that I can not easily insert into this thread as a picture (again, the video is beyond my technical means).

You have asked me to this. I already have. Now, I will ask you to follow the OP. No flaming, no BS. Be constructive, or don't post. You attitude is not constructive to high level dissecting the game discussions.

Some Dude Who Works at ChAIR
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: killhil

Not looking for speculation. Honest answers only.

To be completely honest with you, I just qualify and don't even bother putting forth actual effort ever since I realized they are rigged to some degree.

Please, skip the flaming and bs, I'm looking for serious actual answers to just how rigged are they?
    I run the ClashMobs. They aren't rigged. That's actually people finishing them off. So, yay to other people!
    UNACCEPTABLE!!!!

Blademaster

Quote Originally Posted by Hil View Post
    I run the ClashMobs. They aren't rigged. That's actually people finishing them off. So, yay to other people!
    I always wanted to ask this, also the Ronin CM? Did we actually finish it?
    Forever Bumping
    "Prelude to Rainbow"
    Hil

Siris: level 313 Awakening 773+ Character 100% LEGIT. Ronin Challenge 3rd Place Worker of Secrets Club #6 Aegis Warrior #4

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by noners View Post
    I always wanted to ask this, also the Ronin CM? Did we actually finish it?
    I was on vacay, so I definitely didn't finish it for you.
    UNACCEPTABLE!!!!

Blademaster

Quote Originally Posted by Hil View Post
    I was on vacay, so I definitely didn't finish it for you.
    Hope it's true, would be a bummer to hear the Ronin was not a legit win :P
    Forever Bumping
    "Prelude to Rainbow"
    Hil

Siris: level 313 Awakening 773+ Character 100% LEGIT. Ronin Challenge 3rd Place Worker of Secrets Club #6 Aegis Warrior #4

The Sacrifice

Thanks, Hil, for weighing in.

Noners, after all of the work you & others put into it, the Ronin reward was nothing less than 100% *earned* by everyone who contributed. I did about 400 plays, by far the most work I've done for a CM.

Haha, someone is showing off! Or just disappointed in artificial limits placed on "min-maxing"? Cmon, they aren't going to let cheaters just run rampant and ruin the whole experience for everyone!

As others have already stated, those who have participated in many IB2 clashmobs will remember that the anti-hacker measures ChAIR has had in place predate IB3.

Deathless
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Blade Dancer View Post
    Haha, someone is showing off! Or just disappointed in artificial limits placed on "min-maxing"? Cmon, they aren't going to let cheaters just run rampant and ruin the whole experience for everyone!

As others have already stated, those who have participated in many IB2 clashmobs will remember that the anti-hacker measures ChAIR has had in place predate IB3.
    +1000000000000

dunno, I just watched the perfect parry count increase from 170k to mid 185k in less than five minutes, then restart the app and the count was back down to 170k.
    Seems pretty rigged

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Tiniodfluflu View Post
    dunno, I just watched the perfect parry count increase from 170k to mid 185k in less than five minutes, then restart the app and the count was back down to 170k.
    Seems pretty rigged
    That's because the counter is catching up to the servers numbers. If you wait a minute it will slow down a LOT.

Iron Guard

Quote Originally Posted by Blade Dancer View Post

Actually no. Those it's nice of you to automatically assume the worst.

I want to know, honestly, whether my efforts matter.

So far the only evidence I have that my playing actually contributes to the mob winning is people saying "yes, that's how it works"

Every single bit of actual evidence indicates there is some level of rigging going on.

1) anti-cheater measures, sure that might be a good type of rigging, but it is rigging it so certain things do or do not count.

2) is there a certain performance threshold I need to perform under for my efforts to count?

3) during some special clashmobs, people will play them over a thousand times. I'm not willing to subject myself to thousands of plays that do nothing to benefit me or the mob.

4) Note above, I did not intend to ruin anyone's experience. I was already confident they were rigged. I succeeded at not ruining anyone's experience.

5) The PRp erson insists there is no rigging. That's Hil's job. The entire community at least remembers anti-hacking measures being implemented. So, they are beyond any doubt rigged to some degree.

6) the only question asked in this thread is to what degree are they rigged.

7) in order for me to be "showing off" you're opinion would have to matter to me. Quite frankly IB has one of the worst gaming communities I've ever encountered. Look around these forums. There is more flaming than helpfulness. We have more elitist clubs than we do useful information guides. Those who encourage this behavior are actually considered respected members of this community. I come to this forum to find ways to make myself stronger, and share those with others. Period. Your ego does not enter into my equation of whether or not to post.

So, why did I post this? Simple, min-maxing.

If clashmobs are as rigged as I think, I can minimize my time to 1 play only and maximize my reward by doing something else.

Gamer IDs

Not sure what else you want other than to tell you that no one is cheating them. If you see the numbers look wonky --
    1) don't stare at numbers all day, you'll go blind.
    2) It is likely just some weird hitch between sever and your game as it isn't constantly updating your feed every second. If you leave and come back and the number seems off, it is probably just a synching issue. If I look at the true number on our server and the number I see displayed, sometimes it is off, but it will correct itself. Keep in mind, people are playing ClashMobs EVERY SECOND. The server does not update every second.
    3) I run the Clashmobs. I can't be bothered to cheat them for you, sorry. I trust people will get them completed. Anyone who played the ClashMobs prior to the release of the Ausar Rising update knows that ALL of them failed. Actual answer: More people are playing them right now.

-Hil
    UNACCEPTABLE!!!!

Iron Guard

image.jpg

Staring at numbers and noticing irregularities makes me money.

Though I'm currently down $3 I expect that will make money by weeks end. The high jump before it was an irregularity.

I was hoping maybe there was a set "if you perform more than 10x the average your results are auto excluded or something that could be referenced.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast