Thread: Still here?

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Bloodwrath9650

Default Still here?

A simple question: Do you really still care a lot about Gears? Has it gotten kind of boring for anybody other than me? I kind of just left to Mass effect 3, and when I get back on Gears, I get bored right away. Its not the game, its just kind of gotten old because the game never changes.
    This isnt an "I hate this game" thread. I just want to know if Gears still keeps you entertained and youre still intrested in upcoming events.
    Honestly, ive stopped caring about TUs and DLC and achievements for this game. In fact, i might have to delete DLC to clear up memory space. Thats why i havent been here on the forums for a long time now.
    Just my opinions. Tell me yours.

And dont be kindergardeners about it, no flaming.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hav0k onslaught

I'm sorry to hear Gears isn't 'doin it' for you anymore. But I wish you all the best in whichever gaming direction you go on.

For me, Gears is the Bees Knees, and I never get tired of it. It's the only game I play!

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Fade To Bacon

It doesn't entertain me as much as Gears 2 did. I still play it a bit, though.

Seriously...

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DenyThisFlesh

Best game on the 360 IMO. I take breaks from it every so often when I get other games, but I always come back.
    Thank you to Gear1987 for my Savage Grenadier Elite!
    Thank you to IBLEEDgears for the Jungle Tai!
    Thank you to Gears_Of_Law for the Judgment Team Metal code!
    Thank you to III LYCAN III for the Alex Brand code!
    Proud father as of 10:54pm(central time) on 7/27/2010

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: a proud nerd

Quote Originally Posted by Hav0k Onslaught View Post
    I'm sorry to hear Gears isn't 'doin it' for you anymore. But I wish you all the best in whichever gaming direction you go on.

For me, Gears is the Bees Knees, and I never get tired of it. It's the only game I play!
    Truth. Only time I play anything else is when my connection gets bad so it's hard to play. Others sponge, I always get updated, Anything that explodes doesn't have to be anywhere near me, all that. So I switch games or go to private so I don't get too annoyed.
    Join FraggedNation for online tournaments and ladders run by gamers, for gamers.
    FN Gears of War 3 Home Page
    FN Gears of War 3 Singles Ladder
    FN Gears of War 3 Doubles Ladder
    FN Gears of War 3 4v4 Ladder

Keep an eye out over there! We've already had two prized tournaments in the past two months and are hard at work on at least two more!

Thanks to Capt23n for the Savage Grenadier Elite!

Redeemer
    hiding in the slab :D with a sawed-off waiting For You to find me XD

Maybe this might make you play gears 3 again XD
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-v4AjasSU0E

Veteran

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Parasidian

Nope, i love gears and it never gets boring for me. I do shift to others and play them for a while after they come out, but i always find myself returning to gears.
    "Wreck 'n' Rule!"
    @Parasidian Gearspedia Adminヽ(ಠ_ರೃ)ノ Operation Hijack(Done) Lt. Sid Artwork!!
    The New Padrick Salton for a Future Gears of War game/dlc Thread! SUPPORT!!
    Proclaimed: King of Epic's Art Dumpster,The Master of the Archives, Avatar Thread Gatekeeper...etc Ps. Just call me Sid.

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: PopeAdrian37th

Heres the list of things I care about most. 1. Buckethead 2. La Kings 3. Gears of War 4. Breathing

Occasionally I'll play a song or two on guitar hero Metallica but Gears is always in the disc tray by the end of the night.
    Stanley Cup Champions 2012 - L.A. Kings
    ^The best moment of my life^
    "Only after the last trees cut. And the last river poisoned. Only after the last fish is caught will you find that money cannot be eaten."

Banned

If I had more people to play Horde with regularly, I'd be on Gears way more often. As it stands, most people seem to prefer multiplayer, which I greatly dislike (though still find more enjoyable than other franchises).

But yes, MA3's multiplayer is surprisingly good. And free DLC!

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Terra D Serph PSN ID: Terra_D_Serph

I've always been a Japanese RPG/adventure type of person, so the fact that I'm still playing Gears just shows how good it really is. Still, I like to play more than just one game at a time, so it's not like Gears will always be the only game I play.
    Imagine if OverRun was placed as a PC standalone game.
    Also, Thrashball should be a professional E-sport.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Sleeveless Man

Yeah. I still play it nearly every day. Currently bouncing between Red Dead Redemption, Prototype 2, and Gears 3. Most of the time it's Gears 3 though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominic Santiago View Post
    Look, a Scorcher. Ben would've liked this. That kid really loved fire.
    Support a new Locust, Bolter, for Gears 3 MP! Click Here!

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: XxVv DANNY vVxX

Gears 3 gets kinda boring now and again but I've got another 2 gears games to play so im ok ha

Sent from my Lumia 710 using Board Express

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Tysodie

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom of Chaos View Post
    A simple question: Do you really still care a lot about Gears? Has it gotten kind of boring for anybody other than me? I kind of just left to Mass effect 3, and when I get back on Gears, I get bored right away. Its not the game, its just kind of gotten old because the game never changes.
    This isnt an "I hate this game" thread. I just want to know if Gears still keeps you entertained and youre still intrested in upcoming events.
    Honestly, ive stopped caring about TUs and DLC and achievements for this game. In fact, i might have to delete DLC to clear up memory space. Thats why i havent been here on the forums for a long time now.
    Just my opinions. Tell me yours.

And dont be kindergardeners about it, no flaming.
    I switched to Mass Effect 3 for awhile as well, came back, was still the same gears as ever to me, nothing but shotgun battles everywhere, variety went out the window, gears is rather stale right now, while the DLC always brought new life into it, it never really did last long enough. I can tell it got rather boring for others as everybody I know that owns it, never plays it anymore, not even my friend who was really into gears and introduced it to me.
    There's less to talk about these days

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: dropdeadsykes21

i still enjoy gears i play it everyday. but not all day i play for about 3 hours or so a day grinding toward level 100 but i can see your point im not bored of it yet but see where your coming from
    E.G.F.C.
    GOW 3 lvl 9
    Don't get Reset Back up your dataHERE
    www.youtube.com/dropdeadsykes21
    Thanks to Flak for my SGE

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Chiktikka Quick

yeah, i just havnt been playing gears as much either, im only a green lvl 6X now, with titles like Soul Calibur 5 and my extremely lucky Phantasy Star Online 2 closed beta invite i just havn't had time for gears... i still get on at least a couple hours a week to destress though!!+^_^+
    Many thanks to II EVOL ONE II and Gearzandbeers for the Mech Baird in the invasion stream! Thanks to Rossyboyy for the SGE! +^_^+ Thank you Jill for the Flaming Gnasher code!+^_^+ My Name's Taken : ( won the gnasher code in my contest! Green skin donated by Cha0ticByNature (no link as he's not on forum) for helping him learn wall-bouncing +^_^+ Thanks Flak for editing my username!+^_^+ A sawed off fight to me feels like a samurie dual, both oppenents circling each other... sizing each other up.... then BAM they move like lightning into each other, both dealing one blow that will decide their fates.. gnasher dancing reminds me of fencing, darting back and forth, proding for weakness... finishing each other in a ballet like nobles with rapiers... Thank You XaldinXenotrix for the 1st place prize of 1600 MSP in your contest!!! looking for Savage Kantus, all i can return is my thanks, and a spot on my siggy+^_^+ *will work on putting colors back later*

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Mr Gjuice

i'm done with gears three when s3.0 pops up
    Classic Dom||SGE EMBRY STAR
    Lancer, Hammerburst, Retro Lancer, Gnasher, Sawed-Off
    \\★// - Gears 2/66 - Gears 3
    thanks to DrFace007 for the xbox skin, |||LYCAN||| for IO, MB and SK, BRUTE for the SGE, And CHER for the Cole Plushie
    Save a carmine today. Back up your save file. EGFC # 262

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Queen Riful

yes, it kind of starts to bore me. But only sometimes after I finished insane horde or have no friends on to play with. I just switch to alice madness returns of fear 3 and after a while I get right back into gears. I do tire of the endless gnasher battles though. It seems it's all this game is about now. Today was the first time I ran into a team that didn't pull out their shotguns and kept chainsawing us. A good change of pace but I do understand why this game might get boring at times.

If you delete dlc don't delete fenix rising, you never know how it might affect your rank XD anyway, good luck with the other games, there are a lot of good ones out there!
    Quote Originally Posted by Onyx Guarrd View Post
    I'm fiery too, baby
    When you are not on edge you take up too much space