Hybrid View

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Asthenie

Default So if I press start, my rank will reset?

It's true? Cause my player data was corrupted and I was afraid to press start cause I read even now you can get reseted just because of that
    Allfather

They want you, soul and body

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Celestial Haven

if you deleted the corrupted player data before going back at all then it should be ok, if its not then it was already messed up.

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial Haven View Post
    if you deleted the corrupted player data before going back at all then it should be ok, if its not then it was already messed up.
    Oh nevermind, my lil brother was playing after that so yeah, I'm f**ked up
    Allfather

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Eridanis Nadir View Post
    Im sorry for your loss
    Im not a king but i have a queen
    I enjoy watching My Little Pony Friendship is Magic.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Celestial Haven

dang, no back up either?

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial Haven View Post
    dang, no back up either?
    Nop, cause this is the first time that my xbox freeze like that
    Allfather

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Weird, my skins and Lobotomizer Medal are still there, but I'm sure if I change it, I'll loose it
    Allfather

Redeemer
    hiding in the slab :D with a sawed-off waiting For You to find me XD

Weird, my skins and Lobotomizer Medal are still there, but I'm sure if I change it, I'll loose it
    Level one again ?

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by wanes16years View Post
    Level one again ?
    That's right
    Allfather

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: NeckPunchAttack PSN ID: NeckPUNCH-attack

Default Not the answer, but my 2 cents . . .

I know this is a bit after the fact, but just so you and everyone else who reads this knows, I can confirm and tell you that it's 100% possible to be reset back to white level 1 EVEN IF you delete your corrupt save data file before starting up your gears 3 game.

I was frozen during Horde, so instead of just pushing the eject button, I pushed the power button to turn off my xbox. I found out afterwards that just powering down opposed to pushing the eject button is a BIG MISTAKE! If you EVER freeze again, just press the eject button. I don't even know if this was part of your problem, but for some crazy reason, doing either action can be good or bad depending on which you choose. I froze twice. 1st time I powered down and was reset, second time, I ejected & nothing was wrong (I even collected the xp and stats from the game I was frozen in). But anyway, I thought I should share that in case just one person has this happen and they don't know what to do (it might save you).

But back to the topic . . . so I froze, I restarted my xbox, went into my HDD data screen to see if my gears 3 save data had the infamous "exclamation mark" & "corrupt data" markings, and sure enough, it said it was carmine (j/k . . dead). The ONLY option available was "delete". I couldn't even do anything else if I wanted to (not that you want to copy or move corrupt data, but I'm just sayin, there were no other options), so I clicked on delete and all signs of my save data (along with the corruption) were gone. Keep in mind, not once did I try to start gears, or forget and get to the main menu then go back to the dashboard, nothing. I knew right from the start what to do, so I NEVER entered the game before doing this. I started up gears 3, it took a bit longer than usual with that loading pop-up message at the bottom right corner of the screen, so I just waited and assumed everything was re-downloading from the server. NOPE! After a minute, I start getting multiple unlock pop-ups . . . all the BETA stuff I unlocked, etc. showed up like it was the 1st time the game saw I had Cole Train or my gold retro, or my flaming weapons. Then as I loaded into the main menu, what did I see? A nice LEVEL 1 WHITE staring me in the face. My onyx "Numero Uno" medal I had previously selected as my unlocked medal of choice was still there, even though ALL my medals were wiped back to 0 and were still locked.

Now I know this part doesn't help you, but fortunately I had a USB backup that was over a month old that I was able to restore my rank and medals to (even though I now cannot unlock the "For The Horde!" onyx medal again), so most of my work was saved, but still, for people that don't have a backup (WHICH I STRONGLY ADVISE THAT YOU ALWAYS MAKE REGULAR BACKUPS), this would be a heartbreaking situation because even though you follow the steps and never actually enter the game, you can still have the reset occur. I think it happens a lot less this way, but still, if there's any bit of info thats uploaded to the server & your data doesn't match upon starting, you will still be wiped clean.

My advice is that always check your player data before starting the game, because a lot of people have been saved this way (deleting the corrupt file before ever starting gears 3), but you should prepare yourself . . . and accept that if you do freeze or get dropped from live or do whatever to make your player data become corrupt . . . just be prepared to still be back at level 1 white (it will save to the heartache while waiting for the game to load if you just prepare for the worst). It happened to me and it can very much happen again. I think I was a very rare case, but still, it happens. Hopefully not since some of the bug reset fixes that have happened, but hey, ya never know.

Good luck.

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: iSitaDoll13

happened to me, and i changed my skin from gnasher onyx and i lost them