Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Dirtysecrets

Default Restricting Premade QuickMatch Lobbies

EPIC developers like Quinn DelHoyo and Peter Knepley have stated "The average/causal gamer games alone, that's the reason quick match was introduce" so they can jump in/jump out with no penalty. If that's the case, why don't they restrict premade player quick match lobbies down to 2 or 3 players. I get tired of going into quick match koth lobbies and seeing 4 to 5 man premade teams. It's not fun and it basically cleans out the lobbies in a few seconds. What is funny, these kids have the audacity to talk crap afterwards. I'm against pubstomping and it's pretty lame to see kids do this. I lonewolf more than half the time but when I do play with friends we play rank. So why doesn't EPIC push players who want to party up with 4 or more players to rank?
    Last edited by PurpleKush; 04-29-2012 at 09:59 PM.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: The Wavegun

InB4theypaidforthegametheycanplayithowtheywantandt rashtalkoneguytwoAFKERSandtwobots

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Geo Zinx

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnvironment View Post
    InB4theypaidforthegametheycanplayithowtheywantandt rashtalkoneguytwoAFKERSandtwobots
    Lol. Just because of the OP I will roll 5 man on quick TDM all day tomorrow.
    Let the horror begin, 6 hours of pure mayhem.
    Retro/SOS massacre.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by 123KID View Post
    Lol. Just because of the OP I will roll 5 man on quick TDM all day tomorrow.
    Let the horror begin, 6 hours of pure mayhem.
    Retro/SOS massacre.
    Me too! I will make people HATE this game.
    I mean I paid for it right?
    I will **** talk all of them too!
    And T-bag, because its all in good fun. Right?(lol.)
    All those low levels will probably sell the game, because I'm having fun!

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Me too! I will make people HATE this game.
    I mean I paid for it right?
    I will **** talk all of them too!
    And T-bag, because its all in good fun. Right?(lol.)
    All those low levels will probably sell the game, because I'm having fun!
    Lol I was only joking. Guess you could make it a lot funnier. Mind if I steal your qoute next time this thread comes up.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Lol I was only joking. Guess you could make it a lot funnier. Mind if I steal your qoute next time this thread comes up.
    I'll sign it. Here have my virtual signature.
    Thatawesomeguy

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Asthenie

HahayesaddtheFuryclantothelistohwaittheypaidforthi sandtheyhacktheirrankandseriously3.0inquickmatch

Anyway, Stranded it's perfect if you are tired of stscked teams
    Allfather

They want you, soul and body

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Oh look, 3 unintelligent replies... Figure that was coming!!

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleKush View Post
    Unintelligent replies for an unintelligent post.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Unintelligent replies for an unintelligent post.
    Please explain how is my post unintelligent? I pointed out what developers stated through twitter replies or even on live streams i.e. Active Reload.. In which I counter their lame, yes lame argument they stand by. Again, if the average gamer, games alone then premade party quickmatch lobbies should be restricted to 2 or 3 players.

I would have stated the obvious.
    Stranded KoTH (since you play solo.)
    They won't restrict players in QM. Although I think they should, but before someone says it I will.

• Its "quicker" than ranked(consecutive matches, no wait.)
    • Can leave without being penalized

Those are the reasons little man.
    What are the going numbers on stranded koth? Bet you there is as many players playing it as there is or were people playing zeta!!
    Last edited by PurpleKush; 04-29-2012 at 10:28 PM.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Please explain how is my post unintelligent? I pointed out what developers stated through twitter replies or even on live streams i.e. Active Reload.. In which I counter their lame, yes lame argument they stand by. Again, if the average gamer, games alone then premade party quickmatch lobbies should be restricted to 2 or 3 players.
    There is a stranded play list available for people that game alone. It covers the two most popular game modes, TDM and KoTH. If any others were made, there would not be enough players on there.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rhino1w

if i have a party i prefer quick match over ranked just because in ranked it takes a lot longer to load up (though i would like to vote on a map and not play overpass ) but people even quit leaving the teams weak a small if someones really skilled or somethings, so they may be thinking "F this game, who cares about -1500 points or whatever it is" , while we play a game with zero kelvin worth of fun. atleast in Qm people are replaced because new ones can join the match. are there any benefits of ranked that can make these QMers change lobbies? not yet
    www.youtube.com/RyanWade182 or Team page http://www.facebook.com/TeamGunSmoke hit me up for gears on live at my gamertag - Rhino1w
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjVu5...feature=relmfu <<<<Check out my latest video

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

What are the going numbers on stranded koth? Bet you there is as many players playing it as there is or were people playing zeta!!
    EPIC doesn't show ANY numbers under the "Forces of Nature" playlist.

EPIC doesn't show ANY numbers under the "Forces of Nature" playlist.
    Because Pete made an error when upping it to the servers, he admitted his mistake.
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyMcClure View Post
    Nice Find. It was a legit bug and fixed in the retail version today.

So once Gears 3 releases, when you use the torque, take a bit of pride in knowing you helped make it better

Banned

lolol i wasent going to post on this but here goes 1. make friends kid or 2. stranded koth is for you son

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Infect My Omen

I played stranded KOTH last night and got into a full game instantly. It was just like playing normal KOTH. BTW, I rolled 5man QM TDM. Trust me, it isn't fun for us either.
    "I'll take a chip.....and EAT IT!"

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

I would have stated the obvious.
    Stranded KoTH (since you play solo.)
    They won't restrict players in QM. Although I think they should, but before someone says it I will.

• Its "quicker" than ranked(consecutive matches, no wait.)
    • Can leave without being penalized

Those are the reasons little man.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: echoplex PSN ID: ZomBi_dEth Wii Code: 7919 2809 6520 0629

I'd like to see a cap of 3, personally.
    Unfortunately I don't see it ever happening.

Just an idea, but when you go into QM the parties shouldn't stay together.
    All players should be scattered across both teams.

There.
    You can play with your party, though its 50/50 if they're on your team. Honestly I'd find that kind of fun to play against friends in public.

Parties wouldn't split in RANKED.
    Sadly the game has been out far too long, and this would probably turn more people off causing more harm than good.

If it were like that at launch it would have been normal by now.

I don't see how it would be that much a problem, though.
    If you're just looking to have some fun with your bros, then the teams splitting up wouldn't be a problem. If you want to be an unstoppable force there's always RANKED.
    -je_ssi e |||
    Dreamlife, outcries, standby, allies
    Poolside, child-like, downside, goodbyes
    Sympathetic tones don't match a sympathetic lie

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by spOokShOw View Post
    If you want to be an unstoppable force there's always RANKED.
    My point exactly! As for the stranded list, it's a massive fail. Barely anybody plays it because of low numbers. Not everybody likes playing against two humans and the rest bots..

Banned
    Gamer IDs

My point exactly! As for the stranded list, it's a massive fail. Barely anybody plays it because of low numbers. Not everybody likes playing against two humans and the rest bots..
    If that was the case people would play Ranked. Ranked is getting on my nerves now. Hardly anyone plays and it gets tedious quickly. Even I have grown fond of Quick.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

If that was the case people would play Ranked. Ranked is getting on my nerves now. Hardly anyone plays and it gets tedious quickly. Even I have grown fond of Quick.
    You just prove my point.. Nobody plays ranked because they can team up with 5 friends and play quick match. By restricting quick match to a certain amount, you push more players who want to team up to play rank.

MSgt. Shooter Person

You just prove my point.. Nobody plays ranked because they can team up with 5 friends and play quick match. By restricting quick match to a certain amount, you push more players who want to team up to play rank.
    Then theres also 5 people, with guests who shouldnt be restricted from playing either...
    I have 3commando Doms :/

MSgt. Shooter Person

Then theres also 5 people, with guests who shouldnt be restricted from playing either...

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Ranked has all the incentives it needs. If people feel comfortable playing quick then they should do so. You should not be restricted on who and how many players can play in a lobby for Quick.

Think of the scenario, me and 4 of my friends play a Ranked match. 1 has to leave in 10, but our last Ranked match took 15 minutes. So we go and try and play quick.

*error message*

"There are too many players in the lobby and therefore Quick matchmaking cannot begin, sorry"

Dude that would suck.

This has nothing to do with it. People don't like ranked because of its cumbersome font end that wastes too much time constantly going back to the menu. Ppl like quick because it's flexible, friends can jump in and out, it's more efficient and they can leave when they want.

A bunch of random players shouldn't be forced to face your stacked pubstar team in quick match.
    They aren't being forced. If its a problem, use the ability to leave the match, or utilize the solo play list. Or go find ppl to play with. Either way, Randoms who have issues with this have options. Use them.
    Last edited by NFI; 04-30-2012 at 03:20 AM.

So once Gears 3 releases, when you use the torque, take a bit of pride in knowing you helped make it better

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: AoW KingFenix PSN ID: AoWKingFenix

Sadly if you are not searching for Ranked TDM it is becoming a major problem to find a Ranked game.
    Farewell Epic Forums. It was fun.
    Thank you Cher and CrypticAshes for the Savage Kantus code and Cher again for the SGE code!
    Thank you to COG Azure Skye for the Web Skin code! Thank you to ToRcHiiNgNerDz for the Anya code! Thank you Lycan for the Alex Brand code! Thank you to The Anya Bunni for the Team Metal code! Thank you to BlueDodger for the invite to the Reaper lobby!

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: x13loodLustx

Quote Originally Posted by LoD FENIX View Post
    Sadly if you are not searching for Ranked TDM it is becoming a major problem to find a Ranked game.
    Execution, KotH, and Guardian are still kicking.
    [url]http://www.speedtest.net/result/1353642989.png[/url
    Sofia/Baird
    Longshot/Gnasher/Hammerburst 2.0
    Judgement maps suck

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Stranded has low numbers because people are stubborn and don't go play it even though it was made for lone wolfs. If more people stopped being so dense and looked at available playlist instead of hitting "Start, Down, A, A, A, A" and jumping right into QM TDM. It was created for people that don't even play it so don't blame Epic.
    Thank you Cher and CrypticAshes for the Savage Kantus code and Cher again for the SGE code!
    Thank you to COG Azure Skye for the Web Skin code! Thank you to ToRcHiiNgNerDz for the Anya code! Thank you Lycan for the Alex Brand code! Thank you to The Anya Bunni for the Team Metal code! Thank you to BlueDodger for the invite to the Reaper lobby!

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by spOokShOw View Post
    I'd like to see a cap of 3, personally.
    Unfortunately I don't see it ever happening.

Just an idea, but when you go into QM the parties shouldn't stay together.
    All players should be scattered across both teams.

There.
    You can play with your party, though its 50/50 if they're on your team. Honestly I'd find that kind of fun to play against friends in public.

Parties wouldn't split in RANKED.
    Sadly the game has been out far too long, and this would probably turn more people off causing more harm than good.

If it were like that at launch it would have been normal by now.

I don't see how it would be that much a problem, though.
    If you're just looking to have some fun with your bros, then the teams splitting up wouldn't be a problem. If you want to be an unstoppable force there's always RANKED.
    The only way friends would play each other in public is if the Gears 1 style lobby was brought back which won't happen since that was player hosted.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Its because nobody plays ranked anymore!!! Gears 3 broke my heart when it came time to admit defeat and leave ranked once and for all... Now i play "Shudders" Quick match

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: lMauleR

I'd love to see what would happen if they made all quick match stranded(no parties at all) for 1 week. Would ranked get more players because of parties? Would nobody play at all because their quickmatch stacking team get destroyed vs actual good parties of 5(not random quickmatch noobs)?

Kind of disappointed that current stranded playlist are pretty empty. At this point, if they change anything, they might lose their current team stacking\pub stomping fan base because they could easily go to any other game and continue the pub stomping.

edit:totally forgot about split screen players lol, so 2 players parties would probably be the BARE minimum.
    Last edited by mauleriscool; 04-29-2012 at 11:13 PM.
    GOW 1: 1250 (Kills 11,892)
    GOW 2: 1750
    GOW 3: 1900
    GOW PC: 1000

I'll probably end up trading this game in if this change is implemented. I shouldn't be forced to play ranked when i want to play with friends.
    Quote Originally Posted by TAO Devil View Post
    Then you must force solo players to play only FFA because otherwise they'll drag down the teams that are using communication. Why not force people to have to play Overrun to increase those numbers? I know, lets force everyone to only be able to play with Gnashers because thats the majority, so nobody should be at a disadvantage. Screw people's free will. That's an awesome idea dude. Way behind you on that.

Thanks Kracker Kid for the paintball skins! Thanks LYCAN for Alex Brand!

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Xx Dantes Rage View Post
    I'll probably end up trading this game in if this change is implemented. I shouldn't be forced to play ranked when i want to play with friends.
    A bunch of random players shouldn't be forced to face your stacked pubstar team in quick match.
    Last edited by PurpleKush; 04-30-2012 at 01:43 AM.

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Fade To Bacon

You're acting like you have absolutely no choice in the matter. You can leave ANYTIME you want and you won't be punished for it (stats). No one is forcing you to face a stacked team.

Quote Originally Posted by ChocolateBacon View Post
    You're acting like you have absolutely no choice in the matter. You can leave ANYTIME you want and you won't be punished for it (stats). No one is forcing you to face a stacked team.
    This. It's never going to happen anyway so this is all idle talk at the end of the day.

Seriously...

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DenyThisFlesh

Quote Originally Posted by Xx Dantes Rage View Post
    Don't worry. It won't happen.
    Thank you to Gear1987 for my Savage Grenadier Elite!
    Thank you to IBLEEDgears for the Jungle Tai!
    Thank you to Gears_Of_Law for the Judgment Team Metal code!
    Thank you to III LYCAN III for the Alex Brand code!
    Proud father as of 10:54pm(central time) on 7/27/2010

Quote Originally Posted by DenyThisFlesh View Post
    Don't worry. It won't happen.
    Good to know. Thanks.

Btw, this is gonna be WAYYYY late, but ever since i saw your sig. about being a dad, i've been meaning to send you a message or tell you congrats, but just never got around to it. Life's been pretty crazy as of late.

So yeah, congrats.
    Quote Originally Posted by TAO Devil View Post
    Then you must force solo players to play only FFA because otherwise they'll drag down the teams that are using communication. Why not force people to have to play Overrun to increase those numbers? I know, lets force everyone to only be able to play with Gnashers because thats the majority, so nobody should be at a disadvantage. Screw people's free will. That's an awesome idea dude. Way behind you on that.

Thanks Kracker Kid for the paintball skins! Thanks LYCAN for Alex Brand!

Iron Guard

Yes, I agree with the OP.

EPIC developers like Quinn DelHoyo and Peter Knepley have stated "The average/causal gamer games alone, that's the reason quick match was introduce" so they can jump in/jump out with no penalty. If that's the case, why don't they restrict premade player quick match lobbies down to 2 or 3 players. I get tired of going into quick match koth lobbies and seeing 4 to 5 man premade teams.
    Because its not a solo playlist. The flexibility for friends to jump in and out is a huge draw to those ppl as well, along w the ability to leve. Just because you have a party of 5 doesn't mean you should be shoe horned into a playlist you don't like. Ppl can play what they want, party or not.

It's not fun and it basically cleans out the lobbies in a few seconds. What is funny, these kids have the audacity to talk crap afterwards. I'm against pubstomping and it's pretty lame to see kids do this. I lonewolf more than half the time but when I do play with friends we play rank.
    How fun it is, is subjective. I roll solo, and it doesnt bother me at all. Besides- Why do you care if they talk or what they think? Neither of these are valid reasons to force ppl into ranked.

So why doesn't EPIC push players who want to party up with 4 or more players to rank?
    Because Pete feels the idea is a joke, those ppl don't want to play ranked and shouldn't have to just because there are 4 of them, that's why. And Epic isn't going to do it either. Devils advocate- If its that big a deal, go play stranded. Epic shouldn't "push" players anywhere.

Seriously...

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DenyThisFlesh

If they don't want to play that match they can leave and find another one. Problem solved.
    Thank you to Gear1987 for my Savage Grenadier Elite!
    Thank you to IBLEEDgears for the Jungle Tai!
    Thank you to Gears_Of_Law for the Judgment Team Metal code!
    Thank you to III LYCAN III for the Alex Brand code!
    Proud father as of 10:54pm(central time) on 7/27/2010

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast