Skaarj

Question Problem with the GFWL release date check

Hi
    I've bought Bulletstorm at Origin but when I try to run it it comes up with a thing about a release date check it needs to do with GFWL. Trouble is when I press continue I get a message that it can't connect to the server and that I should check my internet connection. As you can see from me posting here my internet works just fine. And by the way I can start up the GFWL marketplace just fine as well. I've even tried running "The Club" just to check that another game using GFWL can get a proper connection. And that game worked just fine. Any suggestions on what to do about it?

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: RTHEMI57L PSN ID: dbaguru

I just reinstalled Bulletstorm and got the same thing. I tried re-installing again and received the same error. All other of my GFWL games work.
    So I don't think its an install issue.

GFWL_issue_042912.jpg
    Last edited by cspencerjr; 04-29-2012 at 06:26 PM.

Dito.

I installed Bulletstorm on a pristine Win7 machine.

Other games work fine.
    No firewall, no proxy... just a GFWL that blocks me from playing until it has considered the release date of the game. Just what I need.

If they care so much about the release date, why don't they ask the publisher instead?

As suggested elsewhere, I installed the Microsoft Windows Live ID Sign-in Assistant 6.5.

Reboot... still no go. Same error message.
    I was never asked for a GFWL account, either. Same blank window with a nonsensical error message.

Wouldn't make sense anyway. If GFWL is a required component to run the game, it would have been installed during the snazzy installation routine, no?

FWIW: I'm using Win7 64 bit.
    Maybe Bulletstorm does not work on any 64 bit OS? The system requirements only mention 1.5 GB RAM which is still in the 32 bit address range.

EDIT: After 2 long chats with 2 different Epic Games tech support persons I'm back on square one.
    GFWL does not connect.

I even disabled BOTH router and Windows firewalls. No such luck. Am I on the RIGHT internet here?

Oh, the LIVE ID is fine. I can log into the website. Doesn't help with Bulletstorm, though.
    Last edited by RobertH; 04-30-2012 at 02:54 PM.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Yeah it's not GFWL or Bulletstorm, looks like its how Bulletstorm's GFWL connects to check on the release date. Gears of War had a similar issue and something with the application may need to be updated.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Could try setting your PC time back about a month or so and see if that does anything.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Time setting didn't matter, and I replicated the issue with my laptop, so I'm out of ideas.
    And EA is not giving me anything worth while.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Anybody get this resolved yet?

I have this same problem too...
    it's ****ing annoying!!!!

So I tried re-routing my connection through a proxy in the US of A in case the game was playing mind games with any country settings but... no go.

It will not connect so that it cannot get to the auto-patcher so that (presumably) it cannot connect.

And yes, other games using GFWL work just find on this machine. It's not on my end.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

I tried disabling my firewalls, I even connected directly to the modem, nothing.

This worked for me last month, but after re-installing in the past week or so (even on a fresh install of windows) I am unable to get it to work anymore.

EA support is not much help, just going over the same things, over and over.

Same thing here! Just registered for this problem! Help! I paid for a game and I can't play it!
    AMD Phenom x4 Quad Core 2.5GHz 9850 Black Edition
    ATI Radeon 4890 1GB GDDR5 256bit
    4GB {2x2GB} Ram CORSAIR DOMINATOR XMS2-8500 1066MHz
    ASROCK AOD790GX/128M
    650W L&C PSU

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

I just started up the game on both my laptop and PC, so they must have fixed what ever was wrong with the service or something.

ha! I had just registered yesterday to report this on my end too but I'm glad to see it's been corrected.

I think that Epic should throw us a bone and release a patch to remove the date check. I mean, whomever had wanted to pirate the game would have done so already, why wouldn't you make life easier for your paying costumers?

Quote Originally Posted by TRWOV View Post
    ha! I had just registered yesterday to report this on my end too but I'm glad to see it's been corrected.

I think that Epic should throw us a bone and release a patch to remove the date check. I mean, whomever had wanted to pirate the game would have done so already, why wouldn't you make life easier for your paying costumers?
    Can't agree more! I had to download a crack to play it! Now I'm gonna delete it to let it activate the game
    AMD Phenom x4 Quad Core 2.5GHz 9850 Black Edition
    ATI Radeon 4890 1GB GDDR5 256bit
    4GB {2x2GB} Ram CORSAIR DOMINATOR XMS2-8500 1066MHz
    ASROCK AOD790GX/128M
    650W L&C PSU

Skaarj

It's working here too. Time to kick some ass :-)