NOTE: Triforce is now sold out of both the COG and Locust Snub Pistols.
I just received my Triforce Snub, and I figured I'd do a review for it for all my fellow Epic Gamers! I have added my personal thoughts as well as some general Pros and Cons. If you have any specific questions feel free to ask. I'd be more than happy to answer any questions you all may have!
General Information:Producer: Triforce LLC
Price: $400 + Shipping (Shipping to my location was $29.10)
Quantity: 500 produced, (Mine is 374 of 500)
Size: 13"H x 11"W x 7"D (Taken from www.projecttriforce.com)
Weight: 10 Pounds
Details: Blue LED's on sides of weapon, Green foresight LED. Bottom of Magazine can be removed to reveal a USB charger slot and switch for LED's.
- Beautifully crafted and designed. The detail work on this replica is simply amazing.
- It's cast out of Polystone, which is a heavy material. It definitely feels heavy enough to be a real weapon.
- The Polystone also gives it a cool feeling to the touch similar to actual metal, adding to the effect of the replica.
- The LED lights have an impressive battery life, I've had them turned on for approximately 8-9 hours straight without the battery dying.
- It's large enough to easily be displayed anywhere in a room, and is definitely striking to anyone who sees it.
- Comes with a USB charging cable and AC outlet converter, Which allows you to charge through a wall outlet or USB port.
- The magnets which hold the bottom of the magazine in place are strong, so unless you (B) button someone, it's not coming off.
- As it's limited to 500 units, it's definitely something that Gears fans will be able to recognize.
- No moving parts, although this is more of a collectors piece than a toy, so that's not really a con.
- Polystone is somewhat fragile, so dropping the Snub Replica would or course be a bad idea.
- Although I'm certain that it's specific to my unit, there is a slight amount of warping on the plate surrounding the barrel. (Image in next posts)
- At $400 +Shipping, it's a little expensive for a replica, although it is definitely worth the cost.
This is easily the most amazing Gears replica that I've ever held. Both the look and feel of the replica are simply phenomenal, it's cool like metal, and heavy like a real weapon. The switch and USB port charger are securely covered but easy to get to. The LED lights look amazing in a dark room, and are still easily noticeable in a well lit room. The packaging the Snub comes in is fantastic as well, featuring Marcus Fenix art on the sides and an image of the Snub on the back, with a blue cog on the front for an artistic look. It's easily seen from across even a large room, although making a stand of some sort may prove challenging because of the Snub's unique shape. I can't get over how amazing this thing truly is, everything about it far exceeded my expectations, which were set high after hearing so many good review on the Lancer replica Triforce also made. I personally would recommend this to any Gearhead who could afford it. It is truly a piece of Gears art, and any true fan would be able to proudly display this replica in their home. For those who can afford it, I would rate this a must-buy.
Side Profile Images:
Size Comparison Images:
Close Up Images: