Prisoner 849
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Anger Biscuits

Post I need some strat help.

Ok me and some buddies are doing this 4v4 tourney this weekend and the maps are Checkout, Clocktower, Jacinto, Cove and Rustlung. I know a strat for checkout, rustlung we kinda winged it and it payed off in a scrim. So if any of you more competitive players could help me out I would appreciate it.
    GT: Anger BiscuitsLevel: 100Follow me on TwitterGoing to seriously get used to alternate this time.Thanks to IIILYCANIII for the SGE <3If you're from the forums and see me in a game. Feel free to say "Hi!" If you use the Sawed-Off shotgun in pubs, I wish cruel things upon you.I'am poop at Gears

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: XxVv DANNY vVxX

For Clocktower I'd rush boom. I was in a competitive match on Clocktower and we were a man down (3v4) and we let the other team get boom first round. We got destroyed, but once we managed to get boom, we actually picked up and scraped some kills

Prisoner 849
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by DaRkNeSs View Post
    For Clocktower I'd rush boom. I was in a competitive match on Clocktower and we were a man down (3v4) and we let the other team get boom first round. We got destroyed, but once we managed to get boom, we actually picked up and scraped some kills
    Hmm seems logical for that map. What we did was 2 nades 2 sniper. Didnt work out so well D:
    GT: Anger BiscuitsLevel: 100Follow me on TwitterGoing to seriously get used to alternate this time.Thanks to IIILYCANIII for the SGE <3If you're from the forums and see me in a game. Feel free to say "Hi!" If you use the Sawed-Off shotgun in pubs, I wish cruel things upon you.I'am poop at Gears

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: XxVv DANNY vVxX

Quote Originally Posted by sB Torque View Post
    Hmm seems logical for that map. What we did was 2 nades 2 sniper. Didnt work out so well D:
    Prob best doing 2 nades 2 boom. I would never go for sniper in a competitive match over boom, unless the other team were just sitting back Lancering

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Malcom Da Great

My team used to run 3 up top and 1 down for clocktower. If we take up top we can just lancer down at the boom. The one down was calling out if we were getting flanked and what not.

Prisoner 849
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by xMalcolmx View Post
    My team used to run 3 up top and 1 down for clocktower. If we take up top we can just lancer down at the boom. The one down was calling out if we were getting flanked and what not.
    Seems like a good idea.

Banned

Checkout - 1 platform, 1 far aisle watching digger, 1 middle aisle or helping plat, 1 play 1v1 at frags
    clocktower - 3 boom, 1 Lancer from the top. 1st to spawn runs straight to boom, second throws his smoke and 3rd floats in the middle lancering or shotgunning.
    jacinto - 1 digger, 1 crackhouse, 2 boomshot
    cove - 1 gets ink and goes snipe/dig, 2 incends, 1 torque. On boom round maybe put 2 boom, 1 incends
    rustlung - I can't really help as this is a king of the hill map so it's all about setting up.

Remember, these are only base strats. When you become comfortable with them try switching it up and trying new things. You don't want to be predictable.

I hope I helped.

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rezhistance

No, no, nooooo.. Never go boom on Clocktower.. Three go up top (one at opposite podium, one at jail, and one at the cover next to the boomshield, not close to Longshot but the other way) and the other one stand at hostbox and count off how many went down.. If you have more then take control and push (after some time of course) while the guy down traps them down low by not letting the boom past the car (make sure you have a active lancer, and do the lefty-flip if you spawn on the right side.. Then once they have control up top setup up top with one at each jail looking down and the other two on the plat where you can look down at nades from up top.. Then you should be able to win after they eventually will push up (this is assuming that its 4v2 since more than likely they sent around 2 up top). Best strat for Clocktower by far.
    No... The Forums don't make much sense...

People complain to use the search bar, and when people actually do they complain about bumping an old thread.

For those that care- Rank: \\*//
    K/D: 2.8 W/L: 1.7 | No I dont care about stats but just to prove you wrong

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: NP473L

Quote Originally Posted by xMalcolmx View Post
    I second this. Clocktower is a great map in the sense that everyone will have a different strat for it.

Personally, I like the 3 top routine (one sets up to cross boom straight away and two fight for power before fully setting up) and the other plays a scouting role. If you win it quickly enough, you can suppress Boom behind the car/sandbags and setup a cross using longshot/rifle and even boltock. Just make sure you watch out for the quick nade from underneath, that can destroy this setup if you're not vigilant.

But pushing boom/nades has its advantages too.

It's what you and the rest of your teammates feel comfortable with really. Try both, and see which one works best (I appreciate there's a small timeframe though)

Last edited by NP473L; 04-26-2012 at 06:58 PM.
    Thanks to PopeAdrian37th for my Signed Comin-Con Poster; thanks to Evanescence, III LYCAN III, Gnashes, Yosoypr, Parasidian, Big Water, PopeAdrian37th, rondeau04, x Gaara Inc x, The Anya Bunni and Flak.
    Weapon Skin Thread @NP473L GT: NP473L Fraxure Gaming Armour Skin Thread

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rezhistance

Checkout send one to nades.. Stand on the cover that surrounds Mulcher and try and stall them getting nades. Three go Dig or Longshot. One go plat, one stretch out all the way to the most leftest cover you can get to (in the back your side) and the other one go with him but be in the middle and try and take out the guy at plat if he isnt already did. If no one grabbed nades then the lone guy grabs them (only if no one went there) bend around and throw at them at the flank and if your outnumbered at nades then try and stall for a little until they get control and then you can get back a little bit.

*Edit* This was me and my old team's very first scrim and this was our strat. It works great even though it was our first and we were just testing our new fourth. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCBL5...ature=g-user-u
    Last edited by MxcnPro12; 04-26-2012 at 06:59 PM. Reason: Update ;)
    No... The Forums don't make much sense...

People complain to use the search bar, and when people actually do they complain about bumping an old thread.

For those that care- Rank: \\*//
    K/D: 2.8 W/L: 1.7 | No I dont care about stats but just to prove you wrong

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: jamieBAWSOOT

Quote Originally Posted by NP473L View Post
    I second this. Clocktower is a great map in the sense that everyone will have a different strat for it.

Personally, I like the 3 top routine (one sets up to cross boom straight away and two fight for power before fully setting up) and the other plays a scouting role. If you win it quickly enough, you can suppress Boom behind the car/sandbags and setup a cross using longshot/rifle and even boltock. Just make sure you watch out for the quick nade from underneath, that can destroy this setup if you're not vigilant.

But pushing boom/nades has its advantages too.

It's what you and the rest of your teammates feel comfortable with really. Try both, and see which one works best (I appreciate there's a small timeframe though)

You will be utterly disappointed with the strat we use on Clocktower lol.

I have strats for checkout, Clocktower, Rustlung and Jacinto, if you want them
    Epic Forums, before I go, I just want to tell you... You were fantastic. Absolutely fantastic. And do you know what?

So was I

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    You will be utterly disappointed with the strat we use on Clocktower lol.
    Lulzoiz. Don't worry about it mate. Just tell me where to be and I'll be there for ya (even if I disagree)
    Thanks to PopeAdrian37th for my Signed Comin-Con Poster; thanks to Evanescence, III LYCAN III, Gnashes, Yosoypr, Parasidian, Big Water, PopeAdrian37th, rondeau04, x Gaara Inc x, The Anya Bunni and Flak.

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: jamieBAWSOOT

Lulzoiz. Don't worry about it mate. Just tell me where to be and I'll be there for ya (even if I disagree)
    It's not formal or anything, since we just kinda adapted when we beat TLD. We basically send errrrrryone downstairs lol. It utterly gubbed them up.

When I get round to working one out, at least two will be up top. Need that vantage point
    Epic Forums, before I go, I just want to tell you... You were fantastic. Absolutely fantastic. And do you know what?

So was I

Redeemer

For Clocktwer I actually give the enemy a couple of seconds headstart on the Boomshot so I can rifle them as they're running up toward it. Usually I run as far as the car and then stall a bit. Alot of enemies run right by without even realising you've stopped and once they go past that they're easy to down and kill (because the sandbag wall is low enough to fire over). The only difficulty you may have is if the enemy outnumber your team. This tactic relies on your team mates keeping the rest of the enemy off your back while you take out the Boomshot rusher (and also to grab the Bom itself).
    A 'pub' is a public house - not a 'public match'. Respect that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pub

What do you mean 'Get a life?' It's a respawning gametype - I have many lives.

What do you mean 'Rifle-whore - Go back to COD?' If you love shotguns so much why don't you go and play Duck Hunt?

Banned

Love how randoms are telling me my valid boom strat is bad. What can ya do eh...

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by 7V i c k View Post
    Love how randoms are telling me my valid boom strat is bad. What can ya do eh...
    As opposed to what?

Different people have different ideas.

Banned

As opposed to what?

Different people have different ideas.
    Someone who goes to LAN events and don't spend all their time scrimming terrible epic forum teams.

I don't like the way he invalidated my strat like he actually knows anything.

I'm done, this is making me a tad irritable.
    Last edited by 7V i c k; 05-02-2012 at 01:23 PM.