MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Mochtroid127

Question I don't have enough disk space... but I actually do?

So I decided to get Gears PC and I already paid for it on the GFWL marketplace. It won't download because I don't have enough disk space. The problem here is that I actually do have enough disk space. The game is roughly 11 GB and I have more than 20 GB open that I cleared out just to be sure it would work and it didn't. Am I doing something wrong?

Marrow Fiend

Fort Qu'Appelle Saskatchewan——Wishing he can play as a Lambent Drone :(
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: LambentHammerB

Reason you don't have enough disc space is because it needs double for the install.
    Approx 11gb for the installer
    11gb for the game once it's installed (installer deleted afterwords).
    This means while it's installing it will be taking up around 20gb as you'll have both the installer and game on your harddrive.
    GT: LambentHammerB -- Trololol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6Yjkzmleoc -- Twitter: LambentHammerB
    ||| LYCAN ||| - Commando Dom -- NFI - Savage Grenadier Elite -- Beezy8869 - Adam Fenix -- Genoo - Infected Omen -- Autopsychotic - Golden Lancer -- CallMeHost -- Golden Hammerburst -- Cher - Cole Plushie
    Flak -- MechanicBaird/Savage Kantus/Launch Skin Collection/Beta Tester T-Shirt/Stickers
    PopeAdrian37th
    - Jungle Tai/Aftermath Baird/Neon Armor -- BrainDeadDan - Brisk Skin Pack -- Richardson94 - Lambent Skin -- Parasidian - Young Dom -- GzB - Anya --DraconianBriana - Early Access -- CrypticAshes -- Team Metal

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Mochtroid127

That was the problem. Now when I install it, it stays at 5% (I know it just says 5% and is really installing.) and eventually says 'install failed'. I tried reinstalling it 3 times and it's the same thing every time. I checked my harddrive space during the install to check the actual progress and based on the space left when it stops, it looks like it pretty much finishes and then says that it can't install and I should delete it and download it again. Downloading it took hours so I want to be sure I can't solve the problem any other way before actually doing that.

Veteran

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DJ CARNIV AL

Use uninstalling software, depending upon which version of windows you have it should have its own uninstaller. Also make sure all your drivers are up to date and try and free a little extra space if you can just be on the safe side, if you fill the HD and it freezes during install/deletion you could lose everything!

If nothing works please list your PC spec in more detail.
    Eternal GearsFanCommunity
    TheDJCARNIVAL on Youtube

Check out our New Forum - JOIN NOW - All forumers welcome

Marrow Fiend

Fort Qu'Appelle Saskatchewan——Wishing he can play as a Lambent Drone :(
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: LambentHammerB

I had the exact same issue with what you said (it failing). I too had to redownload it and then it worked; which also took a couple hours. I found me closing EVERYTHING that I could helped.

Always uninstall prior (like above poster said). A clean slate helps ensure things are installed properly. I've lost count of how many times I didn't and the installer skipped installing files because they existed already (but were corrupt) -- in which made the reinstallation useless.
    GT: LambentHammerB -- Trololol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6Yjkzmleoc -- Twitter: LambentHammerB
    ||| LYCAN ||| - Commando Dom -- NFI - Savage Grenadier Elite -- Beezy8869 - Adam Fenix -- Genoo - Infected Omen -- Autopsychotic - Golden Lancer -- CallMeHost -- Golden Hammerburst -- Cher - Cole Plushie
    Flak -- MechanicBaird/Savage Kantus/Launch Skin Collection/Beta Tester T-Shirt/Stickers
    PopeAdrian37th
    - Jungle Tai/Aftermath Baird/Neon Armor -- BrainDeadDan - Brisk Skin Pack -- Richardson94 - Lambent Skin -- Parasidian - Young Dom -- GzB - Anya --DraconianBriana - Early Access -- CrypticAshes -- Team Metal