MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: KiLLSWiTCH2K12

Default Do you think there will ever be another Gears title?

I know the title sounds a bit stupid what with the storyline ending and all that, but if you look at games like Halo, they have released more titles after the war had 'ended'.

I think it would be awesome if Epic released another gears title maybe in 2-3 years, something like revenge of the Horde or locust whatever, probably some locust left over avenging the death of their queen if that doesn't sound weird.

I would definitely buy it.

if not i hope Epic makes a game with a storyline similar to gears.
    GT: KiLLSWiTCH2K12
    Gears 1: 520/1250 (Working on this at the moment, had 1250 on old account)
    Gears 3: 72
    Part of the INSANE HORDERS group.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: JuggaloJ4y PSN ID: JuGGalo__J4y

I think they will make another game, it won't be with Marcus or any of the other characters. New characters.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Counting on the success of the gears of war story i can't see why they wouldn't lol

Banned

Yes. .

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: JuggaloJ4y PSN ID: JuGGalo__J4y

Yes, this game makes money so they will continue to make another title untill people get sick of it. But it might be a while, because from what I hear Epic is working on new titles.

Hmm, I remember Cliff saying he didn't want to do the same thing again, that he was interested in taking Gears in a different direction if there was to be a new Gears of War. Don't remember the full details but I think he said he wanted the new game to be more about exploration and survival. And while I like the idea of going a different route with the game, there's that little problem of fan expectation, fans expect an all action run and gun game.

So no real solid news, but I'm hoping E3 has some surprises, like maybe... Xbox Durango... how could that be announced without a new Gears title to go with it?

MSgt. Shooter Person

I actually think Gears of War is over. The comics are ending, the books are ending, this is the last Delta Squad game. With things like Halo the IP continued in its expanded universe even after the game trilogy was over, but in the case of Gears everything seems to be wrapping up. Yup, kinda feels like the end.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ManicRaider

Quote Originally Posted by Joveus View Post
    I actually think Gears of War is over. The comics are ending, the books are ending, this is the last Delta Squad game. With things like Halo the IP continued in its expanded universe even after the game trilogy was over, but in the case of Gears everything seems to be wrapping up. Yup, kinda feels like the end.
    Do you know how the business world works? You can either say yes and give me a snarky reply or say no and have me explain why/how it's possible for them to make a new game.

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: paddaaay

Yes, as long as there's money to be made another game will be made. Even though EPIC are doing other things it doesn't mean another developer like People Can Fly can't take over the gears franchise.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by ManicRaider View Post
    Do you know how the business world works? You can either say yes and give me a snarky reply or say no and have me explain why/how it's possible for them to make a new game.
    Okay, you want a new game, I get it. Calm down.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Gundel AvHeadi

they should make a game with dom/marcus/salton/tai thats play at the end of the pendulum wars/ E-day asdn the years after it
    not such a bull**** like revenge of the horde because the locust are gone!
    English can be a beast sometimes....sorry for my stupid english/tipping mistakes

Gamertag : Gundel AvHeadi

Thanks to Cher for my Young Marcus! I love you!
    Bloody Kidona for my Jungle Tai!
    and III Lycan III for my Commando Dom! You guys are just awesome.
    [/SIZE][/SIZE]

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Gundel AvHeadi

they should make a game with dom/marcus/salton/tai thats play at the end of the pendulum wars/ E-day and the years after it
    not such a bull**** like revenge of the horde because the locust are gone!
    English can be a beast sometimes....sorry for my stupid english/tipping mistakes

Gamertag : Gundel AvHeadi

Thanks to Cher for my Young Marcus! I love you!
    Bloody Kidona for my Jungle Tai!
    and III Lycan III for my Commando Dom! You guys are just awesome.
    [/SIZE][/SIZE]

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

You really believe that? The Gears titles have been built around the COG soldiers believing they eliminated all locust.. but it never working. Like in gears 1 after the immulsion factory and at the end of gears 1. People thought the locust where gone ....but NO

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Sticking Kim and Valera with my big ole knife and wearing my chainsaw proof armor
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: N1SSASSA

Quote Originally Posted by JuggaloJ4y View Post
    Yes, this game makes money so they will continue to make another title untill people get sick of it. But it might be a while, because from what I hear Epic is working on new titles.
    That's not how Epic works. They want to make the very best game and user experience possible, and that is not it. What you just said is how crap games like Call of Duty happen. "WELL IT MAKES MONEY SO CRANK DAT **** OUT BOIS." That is not Tim Sweeney's philosophy at all. It sucks, because we all love Gears a lot, but that's just how it is. Maybe they'll revamp all the games' visual quality when the new Xbox comes out to be played on it and take advantage of it's capabilities. Have you checked out the Samaritan demo Epic released a while back? If not, go to youtube and check it out. It's incredible.
    [Gears of War: The Journey] - Fan Fiction Short Story, any feedback appreciated"
    [Gears of War: The Onyx Platoon] - Fan Fic
    Don't care about KD, winning, or anything else. All I care about is playing as RAAM and pissing people off with my SAWED OFF YEAHHHH.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Sticking Kim and Valera with my big ole knife and wearing my chainsaw proof armor
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: N1SSASSA

Quote Originally Posted by Gnasher-Burst View Post
    Yes, as long as there's money to be made another game will be made. Even though EPIC are doing other things it doesn't mean another developer like People Can Fly can't take over the gears franchise.
    Go buy the Gears 1 Limited Collector's edition, watch the bonus content dvd where it shows Tim's house, and tell me why he needs another dime ever in his life. One of my best friends' dads is Jay Wilbur, the vice president of the company. I promise, they don't need any more money. That is not why Tim and Cliff started Epic. They started it because they are the two biggest nerds on the planet and have a passion for making amazing games, not money. The financial success was just a secondary bonus to them.
    [Gears of War: The Journey] - Fan Fiction Short Story, any feedback appreciated"
    [Gears of War: The Onyx Platoon] - Fan Fic
    Don't care about KD, winning, or anything else. All I care about is playing as RAAM and pissing people off with my SAWED OFF YEAHHHH.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Sleeveless Man

Taking in what everyone has said, yes, there will be more Gears of War video games. When? I don't know. A good year or two. Most likely three.

Delta is done, Cliffy had said this. In his words, if he came out on stage at E3 and said "Delta is back to fight a returning Locus threat!", everyone would roll there eyes. No one wants to see Delta driven into the ground like Call of Duty has been.

But yeah, there will be more. Some say it'll be Pendulum Wars, I would like that, but many don't cuz they feel it wouldn't be "Gears". Most feel it'll be another squad, flashed back in the early days, maybe E-Day or something...

Yeah. My 2 cents.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominic Santiago View Post
    Look, a Scorcher. Ben would've liked this. That kid really loved fire.
    Support a new Locust, Bolter, for Gears 3 MP! Click Here!

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: da 70 70 hatred

Maybe Epic will release something about the Pendulum Wars

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Croswynd

Quote Originally Posted by da 70 70 hatred View Post
    People like you...they make my brain want to hurt other brains.

Quote Originally Posted by KiLLSWiTCH2K12 View Post
    You really believe that? The Gears titles have been built around the COG soldiers believing they eliminated all locust.. but it never working. Like in gears 1 after the immulsion factory and at the end of gears 1. People thought the locust where gone ....but NO
    The locust are dead and the war is over. The story will not extend beyond Gears 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyMcClure View Post
    Nice Find. It was a legit bug and fixed in the retail version today.

So once Gears 3 releases, when you use the torque, take a bit of pride in knowing you helped make it better

Quote Originally Posted by da 70 70 hatred View Post
    This has nothing to do w Gears of War. It's merely back ground for depth.
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyMcClure View Post
    Nice Find. It was a legit bug and fixed in the retail version today.

So once Gears 3 releases, when you use the torque, take a bit of pride in knowing you helped make it better