Default Need help with UV mapping from Blender to UDK

I'm trying to learn how to import a mesh from Blender to UDK. I tried to import a simple cube but, in the scene, there are shadow triangles that I don't think should be there. The shadows are not baked in and remain in the general location even as I rotate the cube. This is after I rebuild all. What is causing those shadows?

Also, when I view the UV channels in Unreal's static mesh editor, the texturemap and lightmap don't match what I created in Blender (there's a line criss-crossing).

I'm using Blender 2.6.2, ASE Export script 1.41, and UDK March 2012. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Picture of imported cube with material placed in a scene to show the shadow problem.

Picture of the texture UV map in Blender and in UDK. The mapping is the same for the lightmap which also has the criss-cross problem.

MSgt. Shooter Person

It's smoothing. UDK smooths any connected faces to save performance. You'll need to either make each face a subobject, use "mark sharp" edges and the edge split modifier, or chamfer/bevel it. Alternatively could use a normal map but probably way overkill for a box.

Marrow Fiend

try my blender tutorials, for static meshes i use the fbx exporter, for skeletal meshes the blender unreal tools, links in my sig
    UT40K:The Chosen - Warhammer 40,000 for UDK
    ut40kgeodav - UE4 Tutorials
    UT3 Tutorials - Characters - Weapons - Vehicles - FaceFX
    UDK Tutorials - Basics - Vehicles - Characters - Weapons

Thanks BmB23 and geodav. I'll look into smoothing.