bCenteredWeaponFire=True

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by wikkid View Post
    WeaponHandPreference=HAND_Hidden
    bCenteredWeaponFire=True
    this.

10chars

MSgt. Shooter Person

I use a mod that puts a giant Care Bear where all weapons should be.

Banned

Full visuals - HAND_Right:

God King

Same as VendorX.
    I don't really care if that's seen as "n00bish", I just like seeing that I'm playing UT and like the visuals and style of the weapons in UT3 (even if the Flak Cannon looks quite different from its predecessors and the Bio Rifle way too different for my taste, Link Gun looks interesting though) - and I think it somehow seems like one is spitting or puking projectiles, shock beams and cores when set to hidden and centered (mutator idea maybe? lol).

But I'm playing this game primary because of the fun and not really because it's competitive and I'm not really a DMer anyways (although playing against some friends occasionally can be quite fun), each to his own I guess.

@Jet: Want!

@PhysX_: You can open a poll when you go to "Thread Tools" (upper right corner above the first post of the thread in the default Epic Games forum style). Be sure your poll is all fine before you open it and that you have all options you need, you should know that you cannot edit it afterwards, that's because you could just change results to your "needs", the moment you open it, people could vote.
    Last edited by Sly.; 04-25-2012 at 06:43 AM.
    A huge fan of the entire Unreal franchise and Bulletstorm.
    UT2004 tips thread; UT3 tips thread; remastered UC weapon textures (UCBP for UT2004, still WIP), CTF-FacingWorlds99 (UT2004; final in the making); AS-Overlord (UT2004, Beta4); DM-Crane (UT2004, Beta1 - currently unavailable); CTF-BattleOnSlysBlockForts (UT2004, Final, made on request); DM-Morbias (UT2004, new link tba);

S l y .

MSgt. Shooter Person

Ahhh I was JK. I usually play with centered fire and hidden weapons.
    When I'm feeling nostalgic, I set weapons to shown (left hand), turn on the in-game music and ambient sounds, and go forth and pewpew.
    This game was my first online UT and that's how I played in early 2008.
    I also switched weapons with mousewheel and enabled mouse smoothing, but some options are better left in the past...

Redeemer
    Metro Manila, Philippines, Southeast Asia

Full visuals, right hand preferred, crosshair included, using mousewheel for switching weapons and bot skill "Average".

MSgt. Shooter Person

Hidden, with custom crosshairs. Once you're used to the weapon order this seems to be the best for me as the weapon models distract/get in the way.

The Sacrifice

fov 160 large weapon view
    Quote Originally Posted by illuminion View Post
    XxPicanteSaucexX raging on me was one of the reasons why I stopped playing this game.

http://profile.xfire.com/geronaho

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hyzoran

Full visuals, right hand, like a normal person does.

Prisoner 849

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: AryssSkaHara PSN ID: AryssSkaHara

WeaponHandPreference=HAND_Hidden
    bCenteredWeaponFire=True
    Same here. Makes it easier to use hitscan
    "Yeah. _Lynx can fire the lightning gun, have the lightning bolt turn a 90 degree corner, stop and ask the closest teammate for directions, confuse the directions and get lost, realize it went the wrong way, make a U-Turn, and get a headshot on the intended target."
    - RenegadeRetard

Banned

Is there a way to pipe the weapons like in ut99?

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: PS3 MaceoKat

http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...d-Throw-Weapon
    (It's the 4th sticky down in general chat, yay for stickies!)
    "A community is like a ship; everyone ought to be prepared to take the helm"

MSgt. Shooter Person

Hidden. That's UT 101.

Iron Guard

Big Weapon Right Hand. I believe that's the default value.

Thanks for replies

Hidden imo is probably best but every once in a while I use small weapons and hit a couple air combos but afterwards do terrible :P (Gets in the way too much)
    Wish on ps3 we could open up the console and edit fov, spectate in first person, and more. . . would make everything so much better and weapons would not have to take so much space ^^

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by PhysX_ View Post
    Thanks for replies

Hidden imo is probably best but every once in a while I use small weapons and hit a couple air combos but afterwards do terrible :P (Gets in the way too much)
    Wish on ps3 we could open up the console and edit fov, spectate in first person, and more. . . would make everything so much better and weapons would not have to take so much space ^^
    The thing for me, once I used hidden going back to shown is down right annoying. Every so often I will see a video of someone with weapons showing and think oh that looks cool and try it, ten minutes into a match I change it back to hidden Lol. It is one of those things where ignorance is bliss.
    Last edited by wikkid; 04-26-2012 at 07:35 PM.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Small weapons, right hand
    I'm an older gamer so my peripherals aren't what they used to be. It's nice to have the gun on the screen so I don't have to look away from my target to know what gun I'm currently using.

The thing for me, once I used hidden going back to shown is down right annoying. Every so often I will see a video of someone with weapons showing and think oh that looks cool and try it, ten minutes into a match I change it back to hidden Lol. It is one of those things where ignorance is bliss.
    Exactly, I usally watch frag vids to get my self going and use small but then always go back to hidden. Don't they usually use hidden and change it to small on the demo recording (I think lol)

Boomshot

...+1

and same thinking about high res settings
    ~THUND3RL4ND~IP:77.111.254.236:27015 -UOF-UnrealOldFriendsForum
    AsusFormulaV/FX-8350@8x5.0ghz/CustomLoop/MSI-N660TI-PE-OC/KingstonHyperX-8GbDDR3-1600Mhz/KingstonHyperX-SSD120GB/InWin-DragonRider/AntecQuattro1000W
    XFire&Steam:bfgblitz MyMaps

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy_Doe View Post
    It's nice to have the gun on the screen so I don't have to look away from my target to know what gun I'm currently using.
    No need! It'll always be the stinger.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

True Jet, I love that gun,
    It makes people rage and cry. Almost 4 years later, pure gold!
    I think the biggest tears come from people trying to stombo and the stinger making them move so they can't stombo.
    (I know this, because I stombo ) imo.

Tbh,it's a fun gun to use, And it's really not my issue that other people don't have enough skill to counter it.
    (UT99 Minigun is 25HP per projectile with a higher rate of fire under alt, virtually unstoppable with double D, just to put stinger damage into perspective)
    AND
    I use weapon showing in UT99...just to keep things on topic

The Sacrifice

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy_Doe View Post
    True Jet, I love that gun,
    It makes people rage and cry. Almost 4 years later, pure gold!
    I think the biggest tears come from people trying to stombo and the stinger making them move so they can't stombo.
    (I know this, because I stombo ) imo.

Tbh,it's a fun gun to use, And it's really not my issue that other people don't have enough skill to counter it.
    (UT99 Minigun is 25HP per projectile with a higher rate of fire under alt, virtually unstoppable with double D, just to put stinger damage into perspective)
    AND
    I use weapon showing in UT99...just to keep things on topic
    Sometimes I like to go blue streaking too :+)
    Quote Originally Posted by illuminion View Post
    XxPicanteSaucexX raging on me was one of the reasons why I stopped playing this game.

http://profile.xfire.com/geronaho