Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Redeemer
    DJ'ing a wedding after defeating some evil guys.
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: RainbowDash951

Default So, i'm probably never playing Gears online again...

...at least until I upgrade my internet to something better. I have Clear right now, and it's so laggy. I can barely pull a 2.0 in most cases. So, what kind of internet do you use and how much ping do you have?
    Support the Onyx Silverback! Best skin ever!
    Post your Seriously 3.0 progress here!
    Supreme Allfather Level 68S 3.0 54/65COG: Mechanic Baird / Locust: Savage Drone
    Quote Originally Posted by NP473L View Post
    I tried sliding into cover once. Turns out 'sliding' isn't a real-world mechanic. I've only just found my right foot again.

Verizon FiOS. I dont lag in other games.
    PHENOMENON

I am a rock scientist.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Phenom23 View Post
    Verizon FiOS. I dont lag in other games.
    Isn't that expensive?
    I tried sliding into cover once. Turns out 'sliding' isn't a real-world mechanic. I've only just found my right foot again.

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: FullDiamond

I came in here sinks 'a blazing.

And then I found out this wasn't a rage thread...
    Can't stop the signal, Can't stop the signal going all over the' verse
    Thanks to Yosoypr for Jungle Tai, to NFI for Young Marcus, Lycan for Classic Hammy and Alex Brand, and to ToRcHiiNgNerDz for Neon
    (╯░□░)╯︵ ┻━┻ Grandmaster Table Flipper
    Quote Originally Posted by injek View Post
    To be frank; "You can't argue with stupid people. They just drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow Dash View Post
    Isn't that expensive?
    I couldnt tell you. My parents pay
    PHENOMENON

I am a rock scientist.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: jmfchuckie

I have a standard at&t connection. It is good, but it completely freezes too much when an Xbox and a computer are on.
    Thank you to~ Whipped Mean, x6nat, Nobukara, Kenagain, and III LYCAN III all for codes!
    [11] Please do not come to these forums looking for DLC codes. We also do not allow code trading on the Epic Forums. Unfortunately some baddies scammed forum members so we do not allow it. You are also not permitted to sell codes/items or use codes/items to try to get subscribers/follower on YouTube or other sites. All contests must be approved by a mod.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: thegreattank101

...at least until I upgrade my internet to something better. I have Clear right now, and it's so laggy. I can barely pull a 2.0 in most cases. So, what kind of internet do you use and how much ping do you have?
    i have that pOS service too, but i get mostly lag free games. i probably in a better area. the tower and sever is nearby too. only time i lag is when mexicans are in the match.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by thegreattank101 View Post
    i have that pOS service too, but i get mostly lag free games. i probably in a better area. the tower and sever is nearby too. only time i lag is when mexicans are in the match.
    I lag every single match, I can't hit anything with Torque, and it takes my snipes a full second to register. I get a feeling i'm no where near a server.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Phenom23 View Post
    I couldnt tell you. My parents pay
    If it's not too much trouble, would you kind asking?

Seriously...

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Jim Tuna

I'm rocking Xfinity Internet and never have problems. I pull about 30 Mbps though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkio View Post
    Sorry, but really? That Jim Tuna guy is a reaper? Dude does nothing but spam the forums I have yet to come across one non spammy post from him. There are other users who are more active and contribute a lot of information/ help threads off their own initiative- they are more deserving of this opportunity. Apparently you can report spam and spam is frowned upon but here EPIC are, rewarding the spammers.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: IceManC86

I have Charter internet... I don't lag and I have ALWAYS been on server. My connection is always fast and I can run 3 computers, 3 tvs, and a xbox at once without any stimulous... I can pull a good 30+ when everything is off.
    \\✯// \\✯// Mechanic Baird - Savage Grenadier Elite \\✯// \\✯//
    Xbox Hammerburst & Hype Gnasher

✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ Alex Brand ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯
    Imperial Hammerburst - Imperial Gnasher - Copper Armor

Its all about you plan rainbow and your location. Your area might not even have fios lines in yet.
    PHENOMENON

I am a rock scientist.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hammerburst FTW

Quote Originally Posted by jmfchuckie View Post
    I have a standard at&t connection. It is good, but it completely freezes too much when an Xbox and a computer are on.
    Yep. Same internet. Same problem as you. That's why the instant I see that my internet DSL light flash red, I quit and just play on private with insane bots because somebody is on the computer or laptop.
    Question: What race is Myrrah?
    Original answer: I think she is the living proof of sponges evolution...
    My response: She's like a mule. Except, she is the offspring of a kantus and a female human (both spongers) rather than a male donkey and female horse.
    HTML Code:
    http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/906104-What-race-is-Myrrah-%28The-Queen%29

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hammerburst FTW

Really? Because I swear that 60% of the time people with bad internet connection will sponge a person with good internet connection's bullets and get a one shot...(little sarcasm, but also being serious). Hence my signature.
    Question: What race is Myrrah?
    Original answer: I think she is the living proof of sponges evolution...
    My response: She's like a mule. Except, she is the offspring of a kantus and a female human (both spongers) rather than a male donkey and female horse.
    HTML Code:
    http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/906104-What-race-is-Myrrah-%28The-Queen%29

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MongooseRawr

If it's not too much trouble, would you kind asking?

It depends on if they have a bundled package. Internet alone costs around $55USD if you don't have other services(TV, phone).

I have FIOS and it's great. Since I am in a complex I did not go with copper because cable companies split the signal. FIOS is a dedicated line where I don't share my bandwith with anybody. Thing is fiber is not offered everywhere yet so you'd have to see if it is in your area or not.

I honestly don't lag and have had games where I didn't realize it was P2P until a host migration would occur. I have connected to bad hosts before though. No doubt about it.

Honestly though, don't judge your internet by your K/D. It's the worst way to judge it. How do you know your kills mean your internet is good? How do you know the other person you killed wasn't having the same trouble you were when you killed him? He could have been firing at your on his screen and had the same moments you were experiencing due to internet issues. Get real answers and speedtests your internet to many locations and see the quality.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WarzonesHeathen

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Tuna View Post
    I'm rocking Xfinity Internet and never have problems. I pull about 30 Mbps though.
    How much do you pay for that? If you don't mind me asking.
    COG-Adam Fenix/Anya / Locust-SGE
    LOADOUT - whatever gets the job done
    PATHOLOGICAL HORDER
    The Insane Horde Group

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Nephilim Azriel

I lag every single match, I can't hit anything with Torque, and it takes my snipes a full second to register. I get a feeling i'm no where near a server.
    I use my local internet provider and I barely lag.
    Live life to the fullest extent you can. You have a limited time on this Earth, make the most of it.

MSgt. Shooter Person

running Fios i don't have to many problems but it's every now and then where i get some lag

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: r2h NobleGear

I'm using Bell (Canada eh.) IT's really good and pretty cheap for what I get. smooth all night long.
    Gears of War 2\\★//18/11/2010
    Quote Originally Posted by UNCL3 T1AN View Post
    Method of distinguishing Casual Bots from Insane Bots:

A Casual Bot: looks like he has lost his wallet and is looking for it during the entire match (running around the map with weapons pointed downwards and occasionally staring at a corner)

A Insane Bot: has already found his wallet and is now chasing after you for yours

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: HaloJesse

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Sometimes Ping can go over 200, Upload 1.4 MB/S and Download 0.07 MB/S

I'm playing host games atm, (my buddy doesn't have the newest DLC), and I have pulled a lot of 2.0+'s. Though I got some 1-3 kills with 5-8 deaths.
    Thank you Cher for the GoW3 Beta code and the early access FoN code / Celestial Haven for the Commando Dom code!
    Thank you CaptainSlayer for the Jungle Tai code / SpinelessOyster for the Classic Hammerburst code!
    Thank you Bazinga-A7X for the Anya Stroud code / Gear Magnetic for the GoW2 Gold Lancer code!
    Thank you Gnashes for the Reaper Medal and Weapon Skins!

Would you kindly?

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Veteran Gear View Post
    This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

I'm playing host games atm, (my buddy doesn't have the newest DLC), and I have pulled a lot of 2.0+'s. Though I got some 1-3 kills with 5-8 deaths.
    If I host games, I can get 10.0+ k/d :/. I can't wait until I finally get a job so I can buy my own internet.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Funnel27King

Verizon Fios is the best followed by Road Runner/Time Warner. Try turning off your other comps in the house and reseting your router, that should boost your connection....Anything over a 90 ping is kinda struggling for online gaming.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: HaloJesse

If I host games, I can get 10.0+ k/d :/. I can't wait until I finally get a job so I can buy my own internet.
    It's odd, that my buddy was the party leader, and pretty much none of these matches (played about 15 Ranked TDM matches) wasn't his host.

And I'm from Europe, Finland and we got people from United States/Mexico all the time and it seems that 90% of the games actually works better for me, than the games in Dedicated Servers.
    Thank you Cher for the GoW3 Beta code and the early access FoN code / Celestial Haven for the Commando Dom code!
    Thank you CaptainSlayer for the Jungle Tai code / SpinelessOyster for the Classic Hammerburst code!
    Thank you Bazinga-A7X for the Anya Stroud code / Gear Magnetic for the GoW2 Gold Lancer code!
    Thank you Gnashes for the Reaper Medal and Weapon Skins!

Would you kindly?

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Nunchake

It's odd, that my buddy was the party leader, and pretty much none of these matches (played about 15 Ranked TDM matches) wasn't his host.

And I'm from Europe, Finland and we got people from United States/Mexico all the time and it seems that 90% of the games actually works better for me, than the games in Dedicated Servers.
    Oh the good times...
    Nothing is the same anymore...
    Quote Originally Posted by RaveOnLufc View Post
    After reading through the forums recently I have come to the conclusion that all a lot of members really want is a hug.
    XBL & Twitter: Nunchake <-- Find me there as the forums close and we wait for our new home.

MSgt. Shooter Person

I have decent internet but I was suffering lag that was so awful I gave up on Gears thinking it was just a lagfest but when I tried some other games they were laggy to. I tried many things to fix my connection nothing worked until I created a new profile and things now running smooth again. My old profile was about 5 years old and was 20 mb and I rang Microsoft and turns out my info on there servers was causing problems so they told me to change my email address might sort the problem, I tried that but says I can only change it once a month which is odd since I havent changed it ever so basically Microsoft told me to wait a month which is nearly up.

In short if your suffering issues like lag try a different profile as another solution to your problem

Boomshot

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CHEEZMO619

Just upgraded from 25 to 45 and online mp had no difference. Some times I rape and other times I am being raped. I don't always play bad but when I do Mexico is involved.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    "I WOULD RATHER LIVE ONE DAY AS A WARRIOR THAN 100YRS AS A COWARD" THERE IS NO ANSWER FOR THE LANCER
    GANGSTER YOUTUBE EGFC member #187
    Big thanks to Karma Cop, III LYCAN III , tyrvas and MOMMA CHER
    Gears of War COG ammo box

DropBox Referral

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

I made my profile shortly before retail came out.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ZombifiedChaos

It seems like you're running off a host connection..
    -All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry-
    Rule#32 - Enjoy the little things.
    We Will Survive To The End
    *EpicGameForumsClan*

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: quidza

Wow, I'm surprised you can find a game with such a high ping value. Do you suffer from much packet loss aswell?

Whenever I get into a game with Mexican players, I quit. By no means being racist or anything, I just know they'll sponge my shots and I'll get beaten badly. Why would you play a game that you know you'll lose!?

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: EpiC InTeNsiONz

I'm with talk talk, their not too bad I lag sometimes but that's because I'm wireless I think and my Xbox is in the living room and my phone line is in the bedroom for some reason, I always turn my router off at night as well if i dont need it on.
    \\*// Member Of The Old Guard \\*//
    GoW 3 Rank 400 Attained
    Big Thank You to RisingSpartan for my Jungle Tai Code!
    Thanks to The Anya Bunni for Anya! Your Awesome!
    Many thanks to Grey for my mates CHB Your the man!
    Huge Thank You to DrkShadowX for the J-Tai code for my friend!
    << Hope To Reap as Samael One Day >>
    GT - EpiC InTeNsiONz

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: iXi Drag0n iXi

I use Comcast... I like it.
    (Y)
    (X)-----(B)
    (A)
    "I completely respect your opinion, as long as you keep it to yourself."
    -Diamondback
    "A kill is a kill no matter how you slice it, even if you slice it with a chainsaw." - JoeGraf.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: HardRecoil

Sky unlimited never had any probs after opening ports in router and no Fibre Opytic Cable just dish
    this is the worst I ever had .... http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedt...067857202.html

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Wave 0 Of Horde

I have Sky Speeds are 2mbps
    Ping and line is normally an A * to B* during peak.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: iFirework PSN ID: iFirework Wii Code: 0967 5188 4066 7957

I don't get how many Americans can complain about lag really..

I have standard Sky Broadband (Unlimited Package) Which means i get the TV,Phone,Internet etc.

However, i've currently got my laptop on, my xbox on, another computer on downstairs. And possibly another laptop as my brother is a idiot.

I live in the UK. North East in a town called Durham. i live just outside the city centre. (about 3-4 miles.) anyway. i don't have Fibre Optic cables. due to it being quite a small and rural village despite plans to put them in. i download on an average of 500kbs which is the highest i've seen it go. my upload however is disgraceful.

Here's my connection results for Kingston Upon Hull. (as you can't click further into the north of England. so i did Leeds as well.)

I included the Leeds one just cause i could really.

Despite this. i'm constantly sick of my connection at times. here's why.
    - It's stated i was in Wales.
    - It's stated i was in Gloucester (Or somewhere south.)
    - It's stated i was in Ireland.
    - It's stated i was in France?!?!
    - It'll sometimes just drop connection for hours and you'll get the blame for it.

:|

The average ping for the UK - 80-100. the majority of times i sit at this. but it always reads 180-220. (i played LoL and it's normally at 78-100)
    The North of England also gets less service in the Internet side of things than the South.

+ I'm downloading the Dragon's Dogma and Ninja Gaiden 3 Demos. :')
    Last edited by iFirework; 04-24-2012 at 07:43 AM.
    |Gears 1 1250/1250 | Gears 2 1750/1750|Gears 3 1715/2000 |
    | Gears 2 | \\☆// | Gears 3 | \\☆// | \\☆// | \\☆// |
    |Playing Since | November 7, 2006 |

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: FA7ALtheGOD

Optimum Online (BOOST Plus)

Added a connection to somewhere 700 miles away, for measure.

Last edited by FA7AL!; 04-24-2012 at 07:50 AM.
    Be the change you want to see in the world. - Ghandi.

Banned

anything over $50 a mo. from your ISP you shouldnt have any issues if you setup a QoS in your router so your xbox has the highest priority

buy a DOCSIS3.0 modem if your ISP supports it, they normally give you older DOC2 modems that dont maximize your connection, you'll see steady speeds 24/7

if you have a double/triple play package already and have access to FIOS, i would tell you to switch cause the TV and Internet are flawless and the prices are the same. dont let a competitors commercials about having 1 or 2 sports channels in HD that FIOS doesnt keep you from switching cause their entire service is compression free, the SD channels look just like if you were watching a standard DVD on your HDTV and you can change the ratio to make it fit the screen.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by FA7AL! View Post
    Optimum Online (BOOST Plus)

whats your contract speeds?

if you have the 100/15 package get a DOC3 modem, i had optimum when i lived there about 2 years ago, the 100/15 was just rolling out, so i have 30/15 which was their max after i got the motorola6120 i got 32/15 every time

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: caramelcardinal

i got my speed doubled today actually (for free aswell ) well my download anyway, upload is only 1mb faster but that will fix itself over the next few days apparently
    Gridlock remade in halo reach forge works with all gametypes can be found here

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/Fi...aramelCardinal

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: HardRecoil

living in the sticks sorry for double post but heres same tester everyone else used so less confusion for you

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1912660146.png
    \\★// Gears 2 1750/1750 Gears 3 1900/2000 Gears J 900/1000\\★//
    Thanks to Yosoypr - Jungle Tai / bunneHop - Ivory / Phil -CHB / Pro454 helping with SJ

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: esgeeone HTG

Normally upload and ping is very slightly better:

Just about always seem to come across someone (generally speaking from France, Germany, Netherlands) who have some crazy connection that allows them to eat bullets for breakfast. Will never understand how the connections etc work in this game lol.

P.S. No offence intended towards anyone from France, Germany or Netherlands etc.
    Level: \\★//
    Gow Series GS: 4,805/5,000
    Make a Backup of your player data! Click Here!
    Huge thanks to III LYCAN III, Flak and Cher for the characters!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast