Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: look ma no head

Default gears 2 insane solo horde

Hi I want to complete all 50 waves on insane.
    99% of the time I play on my own so was going to ask what is the best map to do it on.

Also doing it to try and hit level 100 ad in only level 70
    Member of EGFC (Member 130)
    Gears of war 2 Gold wings
    Gears of war 3 Blue 28
    Gears of war judgement re-up 3 - 23
    Need Alex Brand, Anya Stroud, Young Dom
    Have same spear codes, Gears 1 dlc x2, Jungle Tai x2 and classic hammy

Boomshot

oh my god are you suicidal? ._.

I only did it on Jacinto with a 5 man team. Blood drive seems like a decent map to do it on though.
    My Youtube channel
    Please check it out. I upload random clips almost weekly and I upload episodes and funny little videos now and then.<3

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: FatalNazshotzzz

I did 50 horde on day 1 but that was so long ago... I don't REM the difficulty tho

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ThEvilHasLanded

The probem you have in horde on insane is how much more agressive the horde are
    As soon as you start pushing the difficulty they start pushing you, you will die very quickly
    GearsCON Staff
    Forum Custom Lobby Montages | Official GCON Channel
    Raised By Wolves
    Twitter @ThEvilHasLanded

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: lftdaporch

nowhere, grenade tag the windows in the center building and put up some boomshields at the door and good luck.
    Online most nights after 11pm eastern time. hit me up with a message overxbox live if you need help with achievements. gt: Lftdaporch. I enjoy all game modes

Redeemer
    Still waiting for my shots to register...
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Saxophone18

I got 1-50 Insane solo done on a Ticker Weekend ages ago before Gears 3 released, I could not imagine soloing Horde 1-50 Insane on Gears 2. Best of luck
    Now I lie awake and scream in a zero gravity and it's starting to weigh down on me. Let's abort this mission now. Can I please come down?
    So tonight I'm calling all astronauts, all the lonely people that the world forgot if you hear my voice come pick me up, are you out there? 'Cause you're all I've got!
    And tonight I'm feeling like an astronaut sending SOS from this tiny box and I lost all signal when I lifted up now I'm stuck out here and the world forgot...Can I please come down!?

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MartyredMessiah

If lag doesnt cause a problem I'll jump in with you, I play gears 2 horde every now and then, I am a little rusty though as I couldnt even get to wave 10 solo on insane last time I put it on.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: quidza

An insane run on GOW2 is gonna take about 7 hours with 5 people, F knows how long it'll take solo?? Blood drive is probs one of the better bets.

If you fancy a go on GOW3, take some notes from this guy. He is awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3eKN9hmhSw

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: look ma no head

Just to let you all know done it on insane solo on day one, took me around 8hours and only died once.
    Member of EGFC (Member 130)
    Gears of war 2 Gold wings
    Gears of war 3 Blue 28
    Gears of war judgement re-up 3 - 23
    Need Alex Brand, Anya Stroud, Young Dom
    Have same spear codes, Gears 1 dlc x2, Jungle Tai x2 and classic hammy

Redeemer
    Still waiting for my shots to register...
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Saxophone18

Quote Originally Posted by look_ma_no_head View Post
    Just to let you all know done it on insane solo on day one, took me around 8hours and only died once.
    Congrats, I could not even begin to fathom Insane Horde Solo on GOW2.
    Now I lie awake and scream in a zero gravity and it's starting to weigh down on me. Let's abort this mission now. Can I please come down?
    So tonight I'm calling all astronauts, all the lonely people that the world forgot if you hear my voice come pick me up, are you out there? 'Cause you're all I've got!
    And tonight I'm feeling like an astronaut sending SOS from this tiny box and I lost all signal when I lifted up now I'm stuck out here and the world forgot...Can I please come down!?

Marrow Fiend

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Xx2KiLLxZoNExX

Day One would probably be the best map for doing insane horde solo. You can go to the sniper and torque bow spawn or to the Hammer of Dawn and Mortar spawn.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: D4u2s0t

Day 1, sniper/torque spawn, behind the wall. Set up boom shields AT THE CURVE. THis will let you shoot enemies, but they won't be able to shoot you so much. When possible, plant a smoke or frag on the other side of the boom. It's not very effective as a weapon, but it will let you know when an enemy is coming.

And like said, this takes a loonnnnnggggggggg time...

Took me and 4 other regular horders about 3 hours or so to get to 20... forgot how long horde was in gears 2. Finishing 50 on insane can literally be an all day thing.
    Last edited by D4u2s0t; 04-30-2012 at 10:14 PM.
    Having a hard time with Bairds? Click this link 2-piecing is like kicking someone in the nuts... you may win the fight, but you're still a loser.