View Poll Results: Does Gears 3 still 'do it for you'?

Voters
225. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, still love the game and always enjoyable

149 66.22%
  • No, too many issues with game and not enjoyable

61 27.11%
  • Dont know/Dont care

15 6.67%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned

I get that "feeling" everytime I play Gears of War 2. Gears 3 is still pretty good, though.

Quote Originally Posted by -Raven- View Post
    Hell yes it does. No other game provides that feeling of just pure Godhood when youre doing well and the feeling of pure garbage when its not your day.

I just wish Ranked was still alive I only left because I was so pissed off that all the Ranked players had left.
    pretty much this entire statement i agree with. somedays your making the money shots and just overall beasting. then other days you someones b @#$h lmao. those days i just take the disc out and play any of the other 50 games I have lol. then i jump on the forums , read/watch a few vids on gears and get pumped to play agin.
    Been Playing Gears of War since E-day but I must confess , I dont have seriously for Gears 1 or 2 and looking at the requirements to get it in Gears 3? yea wont be doin that either.....

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by IR o IN i IN View Post
    pretty much this entire statement i agree with. somedays your making the money shots and just overall beasting. then other days you someones b @#$h lmao. those days i just take the disc out and play any of the other 50 games I have lol. then i jump on the forums , read/watch a few vids on gears and get pumped to play agin.
    I think you and I must be long lost siblings because that's identical to my routine. lol

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Infernal Enemy

Sometimes it does but most of the time i just go do something else..
    I start up my xbox go to the menus and realize i got no friends online, i just turn of the xbox.
    Without a party its almost impossible to play normally online in my opninion.
    Explanation of Sponging
    Gnasher Hardcore Player

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: AoW KingFenix PSN ID: AoWKingFenix

Quote Originally Posted by DenyThisFlesh View Post
    Gears 3 is still easily my favorite multiplayer game. It can definitely be frustrating at times, but overall I usually have a lot of fun playing it.

I do really like the Ghost Recon beta, but it can only hold my attention for so long. I'm more interested in campaign and co-op modes on that game.
    I think the campaign is where FS will shine. Not sure how well the MP will hold up to the other juggernauts on XBL right now.
    Farewell Epic Forums. It was fun.
    Thank you Cher and CrypticAshes for the Savage Kantus code and Cher again for the SGE code!
    Thank you to COG Azure Skye for the Web Skin code! Thank you to ToRcHiiNgNerDz for the Anya code! Thank you Lycan for the Alex Brand code! Thank you to The Anya Bunni for the Team Metal code! Thank you to BlueDodger for the invite to the Reaper lobby!

Quote Originally Posted by LoD FENIX View Post
    I think the campaign is where FS will shine. Not sure how well the MP will hold up to the other juggernauts on XBL right now.
    just like games like shadowrun n brink n rb6 vegas1-2. ppl still play GR . it may top the charts for a few months but when the hype dies down it will still be easy to get a full match going..
    Been Playing Gears of War since E-day but I must confess , I dont have seriously for Gears 1 or 2 and looking at the requirements to get it in Gears 3? yea wont be doin that either.....

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: IntuitiveNinja

No cause I've been perma banned :/

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?fwidpr
    GEARS OF WAR 2,3 LVL 100
    Love Gears of War since the beginning....always will till the End.
    On a quest to work as an artist at EPIC
    Preferred COG:Mechanic Baird
    Preferred Locust:Savage Kantus
    So good I should charge Admission /Lobotomized!!!!\

Quote Originally Posted by dueric View Post
    I think you and I must be long lost siblings because that's identical to my routine. lol
    lmao if i continue to play bad when playing gears 3 mp i get frustrated . so instead i would rather just play something else. its funny because when gears 1 first came out is when i bought my xbox. and for awhile the only achivos i had were for gears and a few xbla games......then gears 2 came out and altho i played it from release till gears 3 beta, i was stuck at lvl 65 for a year almost because i was getting so frustrated with it and started playing other games. lmaaaaao so i went from having 1160 gamerscore to almost 30,000 thanks to gears 2 . (still love the game it was just sooooo many things wrong with it.)

Redeemer

I've enjoyed Gears 3 from launch up to now. It's had its bad days every once in a while, but so do a majority of other multiplayer games.

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

just like games like shadowrun n brink n rb6 vegas1-2. ppl still play GR . it may top the charts for a few months but when the hype dies down it will still be easy to get a full match going..
    I'm sure the multiplayer will be good in the retail version of GR. The beta has a lot of bugs still but that is what a beta is for. I hope the new RB6 delivers, i loved RB6 Vegas for the short time i borrowed it from my cousin.
    Thank you Cher and CrypticAshes for the Savage Kantus code and Cher again for the SGE code!
    Thank you to COG Azure Skye for the Web Skin code! Thank you to ToRcHiiNgNerDz for the Anya code! Thank you Lycan for the Alex Brand code! Thank you to The Anya Bunni for the Team Metal code! Thank you to BlueDodger for the invite to the Reaper lobby!

I'm sure the multiplayer will be good in the retail version of GR. The beta has a lot of bugs still but that is what a beta is for. I hope the new RB6 delivers, i loved RB6 Vegas for the short time i borrowed it from my cousin.
    I used to play rb6 vegas 1-2 heavily and just recently bought it (rb6v2) a cpl days ago for 10 bux, ppl still play this game lol multiple game modes almost all w full rooms.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hammerburst FTW

Quote Originally Posted by L1KE CLOCKWORK View Post
    Definitely still love it, especially once I stopped taking it so seriously all the time. Just gotta have fun with it.
    Do you actually have that high a tolerance level?
    Question: What race is Myrrah?
    Original answer: I think she is the living proof of sponges evolution...
    My response: She's like a mule. Except, she is the offspring of a kantus and a female human (both spongers) rather than a male donkey and female horse.
    HTML Code:
    http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/906104-What-race-is-Myrrah-%28The-Queen%29

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CYBERHATER

Still loving it but want the SOS upgraded!

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

I used to play rb6 vegas 1-2 heavily and just recently bought it (rb6v2) a cpl days ago for 10 bux, ppl still play this game lol multiple game modes almost all w full rooms.
    I'm not surprised since there is no other shooter like RB6 Vegas. Also i think people are still playing CoD 4, it's still on the top 20 list for played games on XBL.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Dan Ace X

Not really. I find versus is just too inconsistent and frustrating, so I've stopped playing it altogether. I enjoyed Guardian when it first came back, but ever since the Retro buff I've found it unplayable. My Gears 3 time is now spent boosting in private matches and playing Horde.

To be honest, I'll be going back to Gears 1 once I get Seriously 3.0.
    Gears 2: 1750/1750 - Veteran Gear 5/16/10
    Gears 3: 2000/2000 - Seriously 3.0 7/25/12
    Horde 2.0: 12,493 waves won - 85,405 kills

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Geo Zinx

I'm not surprised since there is no other shooter like RB6 Vegas. Also i think people are still playing CoD 4, it's still on the top 20 list for played games on XBL.
    RB6 Vegas was an absolutely fantastic game, I so miss those days. GR is also a lot of fun, but damn are the randoms stupid. I was on Pipeline and my team were defending a charge. So two of my squadmates go prone facing the other way. I get shotgun blasted in the face, only for the guy to go plant the charge. WHILE MY TEAM MATES FACE THE OTHER FREAKING WAY. Damn randoms on tactical shooters are so much worse than Gears randoms.

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Fade To Bacon

The fun factor was there for a little bit when Forces of Nature released, but died rather quickly.

This game just brings frustration and boredom. Retro, horrendous team balancing and matchmaking, spawn system, and inconsistent weapons are just some of the things that kill this game for me.

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by 123KID View Post
    RB6 Vegas was an absolutely fantastic game, I so miss those days. GR is also a lot of fun, but damn are the randoms stupid. I was on Pipeline and my team were defending a charge. So two of my squadmates go prone facing the other way. I get shotgun blasted in the face, only for the guy to go plant the charge. WHILE MY TEAM MATES FACE THE OTHER FREAKING WAY. Damn randoms on tactical shooters are so much worse than Gears randoms.
    The time i spent with RB6 Vegas was phenomenal. Yeah some of the random people you meet can be pretty slow. An organized team can implement a nasty spawn trap on Pipeline though, the spawns need to be fixed and some form of spawn protection could be put in. I've spawned on my teammates only to be shot because I spawned in an open area next to him with no cover and he was in a conflict with someone.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

The time i spent with RB6 Vegas was phenomenal. Yeah some of the random people you meet can be pretty slow. An organized team can implement a nasty spawn trap on Pipeline though, the spawns need to be fixed and some form of spawn protection could be put in. I've spawned on my teammates only to be shot because I spawned in an open area next to him with no cover and he was in a conflict with someone.
    Yeah agreed. When I played with 3 other players though and 3 smarter randoms. The game was amazing. I personally prefer mills. The cover system is great as well and so are the crisp movements.

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Yeah agreed. When I played with 3 other players though and 3 smarter randoms. The game was amazing. I personally prefer mills. The cover system is great as well and so are the crisp movements.
    The frag grenade is a little OP but it makes sense when you see the sensor grenade in action. The gun customization is easily my favorite thing about FS, i love how it comes apart and you can change everything.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

The frag grenade is a little OP but it makes sense when you see the sensor grenade in action. The gun customization is easily my favorite thing about FS, i love how it comes apart and you can change everything.
    Frags have a large radius, but it is realistic. Gun customisation is amazing. But I ran out of credits and haven't earned anymore.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: x13loodLustx

Needs some serious changes before it can come back in my heart.
    [url]http://www.speedtest.net/result/1353642989.png[/url
    Sofia/Baird
    Longshot/Gnasher/Hammerburst 2.0
    Judgement maps suck

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Frags have a large radius, but it is realistic. Gun customisation is amazing. But I ran out of credits and haven't earned anymore.
    Instead of saying "Detected" when your in a sensor field it should just say "Go the other direction before you die".

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Instead of saying "Detected" when your in a sensor field it should just say "Go the other direction before you die".
    People are so stupid though, a lot of players when detected decide to stand still. The camera works charms imo. The date hacking is also a great addition.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: UVProtection

Till Borderlands 2, comes out..yea I'm loving it...

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

People are so stupid though, a lot of players when detected decide to stand still. The camera works charms imo. The date hacking is also a great addition.
    I guess they must figure if i move the guy will see me anyway might as well stand my ground.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

I guess they must figure if i move the guy will see me anyway might as well stand my ground.
    I think only the data hacks get players detected for longer periods of time. Once they move far enough from the camera or heartbeat monitor they aren't detected anymore. I personally haven't found any issues at all. I have only played 2 hours on it though.

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

I think only the data hacks get players detected for longer periods of time. Once they move far enough from the camera or heartbeat monitor they aren't detected anymore. I personally haven't found any issues at all. I have only played 2 hours on it though.
    I haven't put much time into it either. I found you don't need a high RoF, control seems to help a little more overall.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

I haven't put much time into it either. I found you don't need a high RoF, control seems to help a little more overall.
    Yeah, depends on the class and weapon. I usally play Rifleman with the ACR.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Spots on NZ

I think the key is to not take the game to seriously, when you start doing that it becomes more and more problematic, I also agree that alot of the problems are due to players making mistakes, yes you can get a laggy connection sometimes but alot of games are like that and you just have to roll with it and search again after the match.

For me it is the best shooter out there at the moment and the most fun to play when you get a good match going with full teams with everyone going for the Hill or leader, not a fan of team deathmatch as much.
    Gear head from e-day 2006, its the reason to buy an xbox
    Bring on Judgement

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Wiffyjustus

Just love the MP. Hardly touched Horde or Beast, so i've still got a lot of this game to delve into.

Keep telling myself I should go back and get all the cheevos in campaign but I just keep playing MP.

Any 'issues' people generally have don't bother me. Most of it them are just inherent internet issues rather than the game.

Everyone is going to have a different experience with the game depending on how good their local internet traffic is etc... Mine varies nightly. But I have found my Gears experience to be very solid on the whole.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DARKERRYU

It still does. I don't know why it shouldn't (apart from lags).
    You can call yourselves my fellow gears!

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: FA7ALtheGOD

I still enjoy the game. Having said that once Ghost Recon: Future Soldier comes out .. I won't be on this as much.
    Be the change you want to see in the world. - Ghandi.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: villaboy72

Some really good comments there, keep em coming.

I am going to take a week off Gears and then come back and see how I feel about the game then. I have bought myself a trade copy of Tiger Woods 13 to occupy me for the week (something nice and relaxing that won't turn me into a raging madman!! lol)

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: The Krylling

Of course. There will always be try hards, fun peeps, campers, friends, frenemies , rage tages and much more to keep me entertained untill my 360 dies.

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Thrisslol

I wish I could still love and enjoy it but it became completely unplayable for me... Don't know if it's my connection or cause I live in europe but the laggs are just too massive. And well... Basically every game works fine except Gears 3.
    It's pretty sad because even with its many flaws, Gears 3 is one of the best multiplayer shooters.
    All Star
    Clayton Carmine - Queen Myrrah
    (Zeta) KotH and Execution

"Ohhh I am comfortable and READY TO ROLL!!"

MSgt. Shooter Person

Yes sir, still love it still have a ton of fun.

MSgt. Shooter Person

I still love gears and always will, but i have moved on form it for awhile, and thats only because i have nothing left to do in that game, 2000 GS for it and have all skins and level 45 blue, and im in no rush to get those boring gold wings, ive been on gears scine it launched and have not touched the other game that i bought, games like Batman AC, BF3, MW3, hell even Skyrim and Oblivon was my favorite game ever, but i started skyrim about a week ago and it is amazing love it, i almost forgot what it felt like to play a game that didn't make me want to maul a baby deer, anyways i love gears but Skyrim is my new goal.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: AHal PSN ID: adamh10

I still have a blast. I never have connection issues and this game is just as much fun every single time I play as it was the last.

I don't know if I happen to live in a fortunate area near a server or something, but I always have smooth games without any lag at all and there's always lots of players playing (usually around 95% of total players online are 'in my region').

I've yet to become bored with Gears!

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: iDiariah on you

it's a love hate relationship. one game love next game hate. until i sign off for the night
    Where are the true gear's players?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast